PDA

View Full Version : 3ADL fantasy update - week 14 - playoff edition

jason
12-13-2010, 09:16 AM
boy, oh, boy did we have some good matchups for the first round of this year's play-offs....

had some come from behind (still tbd) victories, and some upsets in the making...

#1 armadillos 110.34
#8 p4s 81.48
p4s came out of the gates swinging, and had about a 40 point lead coming into the sunday games, after the noon games, she still held a solid 20+ point lead...and then it happened....desean jackson goes off for 43 points to give the top seeded armadillos a decisive 28 point lead with top running back arian foster still playing tonight in MNF...p4s made some last minute waiver moves that looked to be panning out for her, but it just wasn't enough to topple the might armadillos...

#4 lion_addict 76.06
#5 the untouchables 58.8
the #4 seeded lion_addict has had a good run up to this point, beating point projections already with 3 players left to go in MNF (all are in the NYG vs MIN game)...the untouchables need a record breaking night from minnesota WR sidney rice to pull off this upset...

#3 emerson1's team 78.39
#6 ingleside ftw 125.91
this is an upset in the making, although both teams are separated by just one game in the records, a surprisingly big lead for inglesideftw...emerson has 2 players in tonights MNF (rb ray rice, k neil rackers) and needs big performances from both to overcome their 47 point deficit...

#2 jack chit 109.64
#7 quebec nordiques 76.13
taking a 33 point lead into MNF, the nordiques need WR andre johnson to have a huge night, but that will be tough vs the talented defense in baltimore...it looks like jack chit, along with top seeded armadillos, will move on to the second round...

--------------------------------

desean jackson's clutch performance last night got me thinking about top performing weeks, well here ya go....

highest scoring individual players (by week)

1. matt cassel, qb - week 10 - 63.9
2. peyton manning, qb - week 2 - 58.32
2. michael vick, qb - week 10 - 58.32
4. matt schaub, qb - week 2 - 57.9
5. carson palmer, qb - week 7 - 57.4
6. arian foster, rb - week 1 - 53.4
7. jacoby ford, wr - week 12 - 51.4
8. tom brady, qb - week 10 - 51.1
9. roddy white, wr - week 7 - 50.5
10. philip rivers, qb - week 3 - 49.3

sahen
12-13-2010, 10:53 AM
I have Schaub too...get a good game out of Rice (like last week) and an ok game out of Schaub and I may be ok...

If the Patriots wouldve stopped throwing the ball when they were up a gazillion points then i'd be better than ok...man that was aggravating...stupid Brady and Bellichek...

most likely looks like another first round loss in the playoffs...you'd figure one time i could win the first game...

jason
12-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by sahen
I have Schaub too...get a good game out of Rice (like last week) and an ok game out of Schaub and I may be ok...

If the Patriots wouldve stopped throwing the ball when they were up a gazillion points then i'd be better than ok...man that was aggravating...stupid Brady and Bellichek...

most likely looks like another first round loss in the playoffs...you'd figure one time i could win the first game... oops - i didn't see that...

if he can put together a good game, you have a fighting chance...baltimore's defense is tough though...

pirate4state
12-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I have no one but myself to blame for the melt down on Sunday. :doh:

I figured the weather would be a problem for Brady to Branch (30.55 pts on the bench), so I started Driver in the Dome against the lowly Lions. With Aaron Rodgers out early in the 2nd and Brady slinging it around to Branch I almost puked. :hairpunk:

To make matters worse, I listened to the "experts" and started Forte over Bradshaw in the same conditions. It's yet to be seen if Bradshaw would have made a difference, but at least he'd give me some hope tonight. :rolleyes:

And last, but not least...my old faithful Hines Ward (14.75 points) got put on the bench in favor of Austin. Why? I had Austin on my bench most of the week. Was pissed that he hadn't been performing. I just knew this week would be different, pffttttt. :hand:

Had I made all the "right" moves I'd be sitting on an 11.44 lead heading into tonight's game and would be on the edge of my seat! As it stands, I can sit back and enjoy at least one game. I don't want to know if Bradshaw explodes for 100 yards & 3 TDs!!! :mad:

Congrats jason :2thumbsup

jason
12-13-2010, 12:16 PM
based on last few weeks, i ALMOST benched desean jackson in favor of lance moore, but i thought about how bad the dallas secondary has been...

lance moor had a good day, but not in comparison to jackson...

sahen
12-13-2010, 11:52 PM
THE STREAK continues!!! Matt Freakin' Schaub gave me the lead with that game tying touchdown and 2 point conversion...oh yeah!

sahen
12-14-2010, 12:01 AM
nevermind.....Matt Schaub can die

pirate4state
12-14-2010, 12:04 AM
nevermind.....Matt Schaub can die

oh man....that suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sahen
12-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
oh man....that suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

he completes one pass on that last drive and goes over 400 yards and he couldve thrown the pick 6 and i still win...i shoudlve known a texan would do me that way....heck if they just lose by not converting the 2 point conversion i'd win the game.....

pirate4state
12-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Had you & I both started our "optimal lineup" we'd be advancing. *sigh*

jason
12-14-2010, 08:49 AM
nevermind.....Matt Schaub can die lol...wow, your game was a good one...can't believe it ended like that...

jason
12-14-2010, 02:22 PM
week 14 results (1st round of playoffs)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3982/14results.jpg

playoff bracket

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8371/brackete.jpg

well, the first round featured 2 high seeds winning, one upset, and one barn burner...

#1 seed armadillos cruised to victory over p4s...

#2 jack chit survived a late run by nordiques, but will advance to the semi-final round...

#3 emerson1's team suffered this years playoffs first upset, although both teams were only one game apart...

and in the best game of the first round, the untouchables made a remarkable comeback with matt schaub last night, only to have victory taken from him with the pick 6 that shaub threw to lose the game for houston...

untouchables just can't seem to make it out of the first round.....

next weeks matchups:

#1 armadillos (11-3)
vs
#4 lion_addict (9-5)

in their only meeting in the regular season, lion_addict came out on top, but armadillos were without starting quarterback drew brees and lion_addict got a 51 point night from tom brady...the rematch should be pretty good...

#6 inglesideftw (8-6)
vs
#2 jack chit (9-5)

in two regular season matchups, inglesideftw won both of them - one in a 50 point blowout in week 1, and the other a .79 victory in week 12...this rematch should be exciting as well....

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2010, 02:41 PM
nevermind.....Matt Schaub can die LOL

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

jason
12-15-2010, 08:43 AM
don't forget about the thursday night game...

49ers @ chargers

pirate4state
12-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by jason
week 14 results (1st round of playoffs)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3982/14results.jpg

playoff bracket

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8371/brackete.jpg

well, the first round featured 2 high seeds winning, one upset, and one barn burner...

#1 seed armadillos cruised to victory over p4s...

#2 jack chit survived a late run by nordiques, but will advance to the semi-final round...

#3 emerson1's team suffered this years playoffs first upset, although both teams were only one game apart...

and in the best game of the first round, the untouchables made a remarkable comeback with matt schaub last night, only to have victory taken from him with the pick 6 that shaub threw to lose the game for houston...

untouchables just can't seem to make it out of the first round.....

next weeks matchups:

#1 armadillos (11-3)
vs
#4 lion_addict (9-5)

in their only meeting in the regular season, lion_addict came out on top, but armadillos were without starting quarterback drew brees and lion_addict got a 51 point night from tom brady...the rematch should be pretty good...

#6 inglesideftw (8-6)
vs
#2 jack chit (9-5)

in two regular season matchups, inglesideftw won both of them - one in a 50 point blowout in week 1, and the other a .79 victory in week 12...this rematch should be exciting as well....

lol cruised? :hand: the score does not reflect how close the game really was :D