PDA

View Full Version : The long wait begins.

bowleghorses
12-13-2010, 12:27 AM
As I sit here in my unit passing time on the downlow, It has just hit me that I will not see my oldest son again for at least 8 months. He is deploying with the Navy for Spain till late August 2011. We got lucky and he and a couple of friends snuck in last night from Mississippi for one last visit before their deployment. Christmas will be tough this year. I really don't know what I'll do not seeing that kid for eight months and High School football coming to an end for six months or so. Anyway thanks for letting me hang around here to kill some clock and please keep our troops in your prayers. Thanks again. :(

95mustang
12-13-2010, 12:31 AM
The troops are always in my prayers. I am sending up more just for you as well. I can only imagine what your experiencing. Thank your son for defending us here at home and thank you sir for raising such a fine young man!!!

BaseballUmp
12-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Thanks for sharing and God bless you and your family

wimbo_pro
12-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Now if THIS POST doesn't bring home what is important and what isn't, I don't know what will. Safe travels for your son, Bowl. I am sure he will be fine. As far as what to do for the holidays and beyond??? I bet you have other family members to devote your time to....Happy Holidays to you and yours!

bowleghorses
12-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks to everyone and he is a great kid but you feel kinda helpless when you know so little about where they are headed.

Inmateboss
12-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
As I sit here in my unit passing time on the downlow, It has just hit me that I will not see my oldest son again for at least 8 months. He is deploying with the Navy for Spain till late August 2011. We got lucky and he and a couple of friends snuck in last night from Mississippi for one last visit before their deployment. Christmas will be tough this year. I really don't know what I'll do not seeing that kid for eight months and High School football coming to an end for six months or so. Anyway thanks for letting me hang around here to kill some clock and please keep our troops in your prayers. Thanks again. :(

My nephew is in the Navy so it will be very easy to add your son to my prayers!! God Bless all of them, and hang in there man if you just want to get on here and bring us up to date or just visit come on with it!! The navy lets them do short e-mails so he can talk to you often just can't tell where their at!! In my prayers tonight, whats his first name??

bowleghorses
12-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
My nephew is in the Navy so it will be very easy to add your son to my prayers!! God Bless all of them, and hang in there man if you just want to get on here and bring us up to date or just visit come on with it!! The navy lets them do short e-mails so he can talk to you often just can't tell where their at!! In my prayers tonight, whats his first name??

Payton

JBizzle
12-13-2010, 12:49 AM
From a former sailor, prayers go out to him!

And to all the other men and women of the armed forces who put their lives on the line for our freedom.

God Bless!

wimbo_pro
12-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks to everyone and he is a great kid but you feel kinda helpless when you know so little about where they are headed.

I cannot even understand what you must be feeling, not having a child in the service of our country. But maybe knowing that there are hundreds of thousands of others who feel the same as you do this holiday season...and then millions on top of that who are concerned and aware of your sacrifice and your dedication...hopefully that helps a little.

Inmateboss
12-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Payton

I'm on it !!Thanks and god bless you and your family!!

bowleghorses
12-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I cannot even understand what you must be feeling, not having a child in the service of our country. But maybe knowing that there are hundreds of thousands of others who feel the same as you do this holiday season...and then millions on top of that who are concerned and aware of your sacrifice and your dedication...hopefully that helps a little.

Well I sure feel better knowing there are people like ya"ll backing and praying for my kid...Thanks again. and by the way, one of his buddies that has been to the house several time is fron Mesquite. A great kid also.

Old Dog
12-13-2010, 12:57 AM
I will add Payton to my personal prayers and add him to the ongoing military prayer list at the Burnet Presbyterian Church. God bless your family and especially Payton.

bowleghorses
12-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
I will add Payton to my personal prayers and add him to the ongoing military prayer list at the Burnet Presbyterian Church. God bless your family and especially Payton.

Thanks Old Dog, I can't wait to tell his mother, she is really taking it rough with her boy being gone for so long. She will get some comfort in knowing others are praying for him.

bowleghorses
12-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Thanks Old Dog, I can't wait to tell his mother, she is really taking it rough with her boy being gone for so long. She will get some comfort in knowing others are praying for him.

I have been in law enforcement for 20 years and have close to 200 years total service between my father and us 7 boys, so the dedication to service is the norm, but when your kid leaves, man that is different.

SintonFan
12-13-2010, 01:58 AM

Prayers for your Son and Family every night.:)

bobcat1
12-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Prayers added and many thanks for your family's years of service to our country. God's speed to your son.

PHOP
12-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Bravo Zulu to your son - I did 8 years in the USN - Thank him for his service from one shipmate to another

LionFan72
12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Thank you for sharing your heart with us and I will gladly add Payton to the amazing list of young men and women in the military that are defending our freedoms. I pray for our troops safety and health everyday being a 6 year veteran myself. I am also praying for a comforting hand to be placed on you and your wife's heart to ease the pain of missing your son. God Speed and Happy Holidays!

WildTexan972
12-13-2010, 11:28 AM
SPAIN?

Oh man he got a great duty zone....my oldest daughter did a year in the Army in Korea....that nutjob up north dint start all his recent aggression stuff until she left - I bet he was skeered she would rile up the troops and kick his butt.....

Now my 2nd daughter is in basic for the Navy and I can bet ya she is hopin for some Spain or Hawaii duty.....

both of them got rings for their drillteam time while at Celina....so I sure hope the boy can get 1 next year as a senior so he won't be the only 1 of the 3 to NOT to get a ring in 8-is-great town......

bowleghorses
12-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I shared ya'lls feelings to my wife and she is grateful for all of the prayers and kind thoughts. Man this site is great.:clap:

mwrams
12-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Prayers from Mineral Wells too. My son is currently deployed in Iraq. Our family knows how you feel. I lost a brother in Vietnam and now to have my son makes it really hard to endure his absence. Just stay strong and remember they do this for all of America!

bowleghorses
12-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by mwrams
Prayers from Mineral Wells too. My son is currently deployed in Iraq. Our family knows how you feel. I lost a brother in Vietnam and now to have my son makes it really hard to endure his absence. Just stay strong and remember they do this for all of America!

Thanks MWRams, and I will say prayers for your son also.

bowleghorses
12-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
SPAIN?

Oh man he got a great duty zone....my oldest daughter did a year in the Army in Korea....that nutjob up north dint start all his recent aggression stuff until she left - I bet he was skeered she would rile up the troops and kick his butt.....

Now my 2nd daughter is in basic for the Navy and I can bet ya she is hopin for some Spain or Hawaii duty.....

both of them got rings for their drillteam time while at Celina....so I sure hope the boy can get 1 next year as a senior so he won't be the only 1 of the 3 to NOT to get a ring in 8-is-great town......

Yeah I told my wife he got a good one. He was headed for Japan but it got changed to spain. He is a seabee so he will always have earth under his feet.