PDA

View Full Version : 2011 what's your team gonna look like?

orange machine
12-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Might as well get it started.:D

YTBulldogs
12-12-2010, 04:48 PM
We will be better. From 2-8 to 8-2 a real possibility. We must gain some quality depth, stop the TO's and develope a leader. IMO, Yoakum is 2,3 years away from being a real club that can go deep. I see a run of many years of success forthcoming. Solid 8th/9th grade team's down below.

Maybe even a exciting freshman making the team in 2011? Like him a lot. Make's plays. Been awhile since we had a real caliber freshman that can make it. He need's to have a great summer getting stronger though.

They have a new off season program. And, I've been told it's going well and the numbers are encouraging. Kid's/coaches are buying into it and know next year starts here this year, in the offseason program. They appear determined and not settling for another 2010 performance.

Man, feels good to talk about my Dogs on here. Been officiating since 1983, finally get to watch them play on Fridays for a couple years before donning the stripes again.

Saggy Aggie
12-12-2010, 04:55 PM
WC will have to replace some players on the line and find a new QB to replace Lewis (good luck- lol), but the Necks return most of the defense and and all the skill players outside of the QB.

WC will have a solid team again, and I'm sure the QB situation and line issues will be straightened out by district. WC will make the playoffs again barring a melt down, but I'm not sure what beyond that at this point. Time will tell. They'll come around. :)

Inmateboss
12-12-2010, 05:11 PM
The Graham Steers should be alot better, as we have several power players that will be back! I was kind of shocked when most of the players said they hope Carthage wins again this year!! They said it would just make the Berry that much sweeter when we win next year!!! It will be fun to see what we can do next year! We keep getting a little taste, and we really want a BIG ole Bite!!

TheDOCTORdre
12-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Sweetwater should be improved...thats all i ever hear

Roughneck_Dad
12-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
WC will have to replace some players on the line and find a new QB to replace Lewis (good luck- lol), but the Necks return most of the defense and and all the skill players outside of the QB.

WC will have a solid team again, and I'm sure the QB situation and line issues will be straightened out by district. WC will make the playoffs again barring a melt down, but I'm not sure what beyond that at this point. Time will tell. They'll come around. :) :thinking: They did get Quinton Bell back from BPort so that is a plus.:D

Ernest T Bass
12-12-2010, 05:26 PM
**sigh**:dispntd:

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
**sigh**:dispntd: LMAO:D

LH_Tuff
12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Purple and Gold.

sTxforlife
12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Sealy will have to replace alot. They lose their left side of the offensive line, the qb all but one of the starting 4 wide outs. On defense they lose all but one of the starting 4 d linemen, all of their linebackers and 2 in the secondary, so needless to say it may be a rebuilding year, but i think they will still win the district and have a pretty good record.

YTBulldogs
12-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
Sealy will have to replace alot. They lose their left side of the offensive line, the qb all but one of the starting 4 wide outs. On defense they lose all but one of the starting 4 d linemen, all of their linebackers and 2 in the secondary, so needless to say it may be a rebuilding year, but i think they will still win the district and have a pretty good record.

They will have a stud at RB, right?

orange machine
12-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Celina returns 6 on defense which should be good. Offense takes a big hit only returning 2 starters.Good news is alot of backups got a good amount of playing time. The oline should be the strength of the team with a few d1 players.

firstdown
12-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Argyle returns 6 on defense and 6 on offense. We had 3 Freshmen that played a lot and will be major contributors. I think our team next year may be the best team we have ever fielded.

orange machine
12-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Argyle returns 6 on defense and 6 on offense. We had 3 Freshmen that played a lot and will be major contributors. I think our team next year may be the best team we have ever fielded.
I'm calling it here Argyle will be in the top 5 next year.

marler1972
12-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Celina returns 6 on defense which should be good. Offense takes a big hit only returning 2 starters.Good news is alot of backups got a good amount of playing time. The oline should be the strength of the team with a few d1 players.

I only know of 3 maybe 4 returning on D both safeties one dline who else?

orange machine
12-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
I only know of 3 maybe 4 returning on D both safeties one dline who else?
Umana, Watson, Bilderback, Vargas, Raulerson boys

orange machine
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I can't wait to see how the big oline will play next year.

orange machine
12-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Umana, Watson, Bilderback, Vargas, Raulerson boys
Thiel got alot of playing time at DB also so the defense should be salty.

sinfan75
12-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Sinton loses most of the O line and receivers and QB. D loses alot also.

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Purple and Gold.
:D

NateDawg39
12-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Probably get blasted in the first round again:rolleyes:

My team that is

garciap77
12-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Purple and Gold.

:ditto:

LoboesWT
12-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Kelly Green and White

Ernest T Bass
12-12-2010, 11:58 PM
We'll look like an 0-10 team, but we won't be one.

orange machine
12-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Top 5 teams next year not in any order.
Argyle
Wimberly
Cuero
Henderson
Gilmer

buckeyebob
12-13-2010, 06:13 AM
The party is about over http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/traurig/sad-smiley-019.gif

I have already put my rattlers, signs & horn up for the year. Would love to see Carthage take the Crown on Friday http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/traurig/sad-smiley-001.gif

We will have to find a new running back & some defensive tallent, but all in all, we arereturning some goodies (our QB 4 1) http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-017.gifThe District of Doom will grow in 2011...we defeated several teams this year that were better than us (Henderson for one...isn't too bad to defeat a State Champion & Daingerfield for another) so we will do alright. Pittsburg should have been in the playoffs...they would have gone far if they had started off elsewhere. Spring Hill & Gladewater have new coaching staff in '10 so they will be in the mix...then Carthage...they suprised some http://cdn-www.livestrong.com/ls_images/tdp-images/fitness/chopping-26amp3B-splitting-wood.jpg

The Buckeyes will have some Freshman Varsity next year (that is not the norm...Manual & Stump were fresh. varsity) so we may not be State Champs next year but I do smell one http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-017.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-017.gif

May all have a Merry Christmas and remember The District of Doom and East Texas Football will be on the way. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/weihnachten/xmas-smiley-022.gif

RPF2666
12-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Argyle
Wimberly
Cuero
Henderson
Gilmer

I think you missed someone...

Carthage...until proven otherwise!!!

Lucky2Coach
12-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Sweeny loses really good QB and WR, but return two starting RBs and have Freshman RB coming up and he could be as good as it gets (Dante Lemons...remember that name). Defense should be really solid as the front 7 was all under classmen but 1 d-lineman. Secondary loses two good ones, but two good ones remain.

If Sweeny gets it going like they want to in the off-season, then I think they could be pretty strong next year!

88bulls
12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Bridgeport will be back. We will loose our QB, but on the offensive side of the ball we will be very good. Defensive we loose our leadership and sometimes that hard to replace. But overall, I believe we will go 2-3 deep.

Black_Magic
12-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Snyder Returns 5 on offence and 5 on D.
Ward and Davis are back accounting for about 4,000 yards together in production.

Txbroadcaster
12-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Argyle
Wimberly
Cuero
Henderson
Gilmer

Chapel Hill..they return almost all their key guys

Lucky2Coach
12-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Argyle
Wimberly
Cuero
Henderson
Gilmer

No disrespect to Cuero (They are the envy of many programs), but what do they return that would warrant them starting out in the top 5? I know they're RB will be back, but what else are they returning from what was a down year by their standards?

YTBulldogs
12-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Cuero, down year? Man, it must be nice. I thought they had a good season myself for having a new coach, losing one of the state's best RB, and a new QB, that had to pick up the load earlier than expected. Did a nice job too filling some big shoes IMO.

pancho villa
12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
Sweeny loses really good QB and WR, but return two starting RBs and have Freshman RB coming up and he could be as good as it gets (Dante Lemons...remember that name). Defense should be really solid as the front 7 was all under classmen but 1 d-lineman. Secondary loses two good ones, but two good ones remain.

If Sweeny gets it going like they want to in the off-season, then I think they could be pretty strong next year!

That is the 2nd RB in the last few years to get recruted, and go to Sweeny after the 8th grade.

44INAROW
12-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Cuero, down year? Man, it must be nice. I thought they had a good season myself for having a new coach, losing one of the state's best RB, and a new QB, that had to pick up the load earlier than expected. Did a nice job too filling some big shoes IMO.
I totally agree. Kinda funny - Cuero goes 9-3 and it's like we had a losing season. 2 of those losses were to the Reg IV Champ. I hear things are looking promising for the Gobblers for next season and the next and the next. No rebuidling - just reloading :)

YTBulldogs
12-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I totally agree. Kinda funny - Cuero goes 9-3 and it's like we had a losing season. 2 of those losses were to the Reg IV Champ. I hear things are looking promising for the Gobblers for next season and the next and the next. No rebuidling - just reloading :)

The "D" needs some help. Not to standards there I know. And knowing Coach Owens, that is probably already addressed. I agree, Cuero will not miss a beat next few years. Might add, both those loses to Wimberley could of been W's too.

greendawg84
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
small , small , and small , hope for some big linemen to move in, with some speedy brothers to catch the ball

YTBulldogs
12-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Put some numbers to Yoakum 2011:

6 returning on offense
5 on defense

Strengths: depth at skilled positions, new off season program
Weaknesses: OL

Lucky2Coach
12-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
That is the 2nd RB in the last few years to get recruted, and go to Sweeny after the 8th grade.

All it took was a gold Trans Am!!!

What did you guys have to give to get the kid back from B-Port? Was it a Hummer with a personalized license plate???

M-town lobo fan
12-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Monahans has alot returning next year including their whole backfield...It'sa possibility that we could be 10-0 undefeated,overrated and in top 10 again for the 3rd straight year:D just saying!

Chillfan
12-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Chapel Hill doesnt lose many.

On offense: 1 lineman and 1 reciever
Defense: 1 lineman. 2 LB's, and 2 in the secondary.
2 of the 3 RB's return.
1 kicker/punter

Lee will be hard to replace at LB and RB. He brought alot of intensity to the team.

Hopefully these sophmores and juniors learned something last friday night. They should be hungry next year.

I'm ready now.

orange machine
12-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I didn't realize Chill was bringing back so many players so they should be a top 5 team. The reason I didn't put Carthage in the top 5 they are losing alot of players especially there qb and tailback. Carthage will be a top 25 team, but I think there title runs are over for a little while.

buckeyebob
12-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I didn't realize Chill was bringing back so many players so they should be a top 5 team. The reason I didn't put Carthage in the top 5 they are losing alot of players especially there qb and tailback. Carthage will be a top 25 team, but I think there title runs are over for a little while.

They lost those this year too.

pirate4state
12-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Sinton loses most of the O line and receivers and QB. D loses alot also.

We'll have a lot of youth, but I think they'll surprise some of our fans.

LoboesWT
12-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Monahans

Offensively: 5 returning
Defensively: 7 returning

Key Losses:QB/Safety two time district MVP, LB/TE Defensive district MVP

Keys for Offseason: QB and O-Line

Next year looks good.

YTBulldogs
12-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Anyone from Monahans recall a Head Coach Mo Hodges from around 1980'ish?

HEMOTOXIC
12-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Hopefully after 4 consecutive years and 4 consecutive loses, Navasota will be able to get pass the Region III, Division I Final.:D

YTBulldogs
12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Let my 500th post be about my Dogs. Seen them today in the weight room doing their new off-season program. Looked awesome, no wasted time farting around, and controlled with a meaningful targeted goal. All business and even the blaring music was off.

Almost all have increased their max's greatly from when this new program was started 3 weeks ago.

Can't wait to see the product next August.

MUSTANG69
12-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Ingleside retains QB, RBs and most of the receiver corp. Should be a fun offense to watch. Marquise Barolle (RB) will be tough to stop. I think Ingleside has a good chance of winning D30 and going 2-3 rounds deep in the playoffs.

Lucky2Coach
12-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Ingleside retains QB, RBs and most of the receiver corp. Should be a fun offense to watch. Marquise Barolle (RB) will be tough to stop. I think Ingleside has a good chance of winning D30 and going 2-3 rounds deep in the playoffs.

Not if they draw Sweeny again! ...and it starts already!:)

MoveInDad
12-13-2010, 04:24 PM
I can't wait to see how the big oline will play next year.
Will be an interesting and I think entertaining year for the Bobcats in 2011.... the coaches will certainly have their hands full with "The Outlaws" that went 10-0 on JV.

Ernest T Bass
12-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Will be an interesting and I think entertaining year for the Bobcats in 2011.... the coaches will certainly have their hands full with "The Outlaws" that went 10-0 on JV.

Ok, I'll bite. Why are they called the Outlaws?

orange machine
12-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Ok, I'll bite. Why are they called the Outlaws?
Because they bad and beat teams by of an avg. Of over 30 points.:eek:

MoveInDad
12-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Ok, I'll bite. Why are they called the Outlaws? LOL, nothing unlawful... my son isn't here so I cant ask him if they named themselves that, or if the coaches gave them that tag, in any case, it stuck. I think it stems from the 'fact' that they're a pretty loose bunch that likes to have fun and don't take themselves too seriously... but then they would put on their game face and knock people silly, including Lovejoy whom I think they beat 40-0.
We'll see how it translates to Friday nights... truthfully, more than anything, I just hope they stay healthy, and continue to have fun... of course they know its a lot more fun when you're winning.
cheers

Old LB
12-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Brownwood loses the majority of starters from this year's team, not sure on numbers returning, but I feel like we will still field a good football team. The one positive IMO is that these kids have no doubt they can play with the best teams around the state and sometimes that's the most difficult part of starting the winning. We will no doubt look a lot different next year but I have faith we will see success.

MUSTANG69
12-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Not if they draw Sweeny again! ...and it starts already!:)

Yes it starts already. Different story next year though.:D

Dub-C
12-13-2010, 11:12 PM
All it took was a gold Trans Am!!!

What did you guys have to give to get the kid back from B-Port? Was it a Hummer with a personalized license plate???

No, WC went to the State-Semi's. DUH

bwdlionfan
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Brownwood loses the majority of starters from this year's team, not sure on numbers returning, but I feel like we will still field a good football team. The one positive IMO is that these kids have no doubt they can play with the best teams around the state and sometimes that's the most difficult part of starting the winning. We will no doubt look a lot different next year but I have faith we will see success.

I'm curious if we stay pass first run second next season. With the top 5 receivers and QB graduating... but our top RB coming back along with several RBs who saw some action late in games... we may run a bit more... which would be fine with me. Ratliff is more than capable of carrying the offense next season.

The backup QB this year is a junior so I assume he'll be the starter next year since JV played musical QBs this season. He only threw a handful of passes this year in mop up duty... but he was 2-0 in his two complete games as a sophomore when Brown got hurt last year (and before he got hurt himself against Wylie)

bwdlionfan
12-13-2010, 11:16 PM
nm

Ernest T Bass
12-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I'm curious if we stay pass first run second next season. With the top 5 receivers and QB graduating... but our top RB coming back along with several RBs who saw some action late in games... we may run a bit more... which would be fine with me. Ratliff is more than capable of carrying the offense next season.

The backup QB this year is a junior so I assume he'll be the starter next year since JV played musical QBs this season. He only threw a handful of passes this year in mop up duty... but he was 2-0 in his two complete games as a sophomore when Brown got hurt last year (and before he got hurt himself against Wylie)

Ship's not gonna change his offense, but he's smart enough to call plays to his team's strength.

gobblerathlete
12-13-2010, 11:46 PM
not sure how true it is just yet, but word on the street is that cuero's got a new QB coming to town

bobcat4life
12-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by gobblerathlete
not sure how true it is just yet, but word on the street is that cuero's got a new QB coming to town I heard that at the Whataburger in Early this afternoon

buckeyebob
12-14-2010, 06:34 AM
Who did they recruit him from?

YTBulldogs
12-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by gobblerathlete
not sure how true it is just yet, but word on the street is that cuero's got a new QB coming to town

All he'll need to do is be able to hand off to Trent. That should be easy enough. :)