PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Signing Off...

Rocket
12-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Just so that we can be clear...

I am going to eat crow.

First of all, the crow that I will eat is based on 2 statements.

The first statement is that no team in 3A could beat Brownwood. I was proven wrong to that on Friday by Carthage, an excellent, well-coached team. They made the plays and scored when they had to and beat arguably the best team in the state in that particular game. Good job! Congrats to your team and your coaches. You got it done. No excuses. The scoreboard read 35-28 in favor of Carthage, nothing can be said and nothing can be done to take away what you accomplished in winning that game. Carthage is truly an awesome 3A program and has a following that makes 3A an awesome classification to be a part of.

The other statement is my own statement that I would be here to eat my crow. Well here I am. I am eating it. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP. Actually, I have 3 years worth of crow to eat.

I apologize to those teams that I do not like and have made that more than known. You know who you are. I do understand that I do not have to like your team, but I could have taken it easier on you. So here is a butt pat. TAP TAP. I am sorry.

To the posters that dislike me, I extend my hand to you in all due respect. I am sorry for crossing the line, if you think that is what I did. All I can say I am sorry and that I wish we could have met in person. I know sometimes that is just an excuse on my part, that you really don't know me, and I will do better on here to not be an absolute jackwagon.

To those that showed up to watch Brownwood and Carthage in hopes to see Brownwood lose (and cheer for Carthage while sitting on the Brownwood side), you seriously need to check yourself. You call me out on here for being a jerk, but that is taking it to the next step. And it is very weird to me that you would openly admit to doing it and then call me out for me being the way I am? Seriously...wow. Not stable...

For the most part, what I post on here are my opinions. Some are about 3A, some are about posters, some are about teams. I don't always play nice, and again, I apologize. All I can do is say I will do my best to do better.

Those that sent me PM's yesterday, you guys are awesome. You are the ones that see through my shtick. You don't let the emotion of it all get to you. And you are all ok in my book. You are the people that I appreciate on here.

I know I will always have people on here that I do battle with. That is just the way it is, and I will do my best to get the best of you. lol

The Brownwood Lions are bigger than me and my opinions. I please hope that you will see that. I am not the spokesperson for Brownwood. I am just a believer that made my strongest opinions known and I know I was not alone in the opinions I had of this very special Brownwood Lions team. I consider myself a Pep Rally poster. What do I mean by that? I mean that you will hear me say things about other teams that you will hear in a pep rally. Simple as that. I know worse things are said between friends from certain towns when their teams play, and I know the opinions expressed over text and at the water coolers at work jive right with mine. Most of you choose to not say them, and that is something to respect, as well. That is where the difference in posting styles is. I see myself as being too real sometimes. A little too transparent. That is just the way I roll...

I know a lot of you are smiling because MY team got beat, and you are right in that it hurts and that it stings. But as Coach Shipley said after the game, there are bigger victories and satisfactions in life. These Lions took the Lion Nation on a fun ride and we will never, ever forget it.

So to my Brownwood Lions, thank you! You guys represented your town and your thousands upon thousands of fans very well. You have every right to hold your heads high! You are Champions and you are arguably one of the best teams to ever play in 3A History. We were blessed to watch it all and thank you again.

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Nice post Rocket. Don't wander off too far. :clap:

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Now was that so hard?

Rocket
12-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Now was that so hard?

Get a life...:D

sinton66
Good post.:thumbsup:

Snotbubbles
well said.

TheDOCTORdre
12-12-2010, 02:28 PM
well stated Rocket...I know we wont hear from you much until the start of the 2011 season, with you having to go and start production on the 2011 Brownwood State Championship gear.:D The majority of posters who get you wouldn't have you any other way:clap:

Rocket
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks! I will be back... and I am sure I will be planting more crow seeds. HAHAHA

zebrablue2
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
well said.

:iagree: Thanks Rocket!!!

Charlie47
12-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

I am going to eat crow.

The first statement is that no team in 3A could beat Brownwood. I was proven wrong to that on Friday by Carthage, an excellent, well-coached team. They made the plays and scored when they had to and beat arguably the best team in the state in that particular game. Good job! Congrats to your team and your coaches. You got it done. No excuses. The scoreboard read 35-28 in favor of Carthage, nothing can be said and nothing can be done to take away what you accomplished in winning that game. Carthage is truly an awesome 3A program and has a following that makes 3A an awesome classification to be a part of.

The other statement is my own statement that I would be here to eat my crow. Well here I am. I am eating it. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP. Actually, I have 3 years worth of crow to eat.

I apologize to those teams that I do not like and have made that more than known. You know who you are. I do understand that I do not have to like your team, but I could have taken it easier on you. So here is a butt pat. TAP TAP. I am sorry.

To the posters that dislike me, I extend my hand to you in all due respect. I am sorry for crossing the line, if you think that is what I did. All I can say I am sorry and that I wish we could have met in person. I know sometimes that is just an excuse on my part, that you really don't know me, and I will do better on here to not be an absolute jackwagon.

To those that showed up to watch Brownwood and Carthage in hopes to see Brownwood lose (and cheer for Carthage while sitting on the Brownwood side), you seriously need to check yourself. You call me out on here for being a jerk, but that is taking it to the next step. And it is very weird to me that you would openly admit to doing it and then call me out for me being the way I am? Seriously...wow. Not stable...

For the most part, what I post on here are my opinions. Some are about 3A, some are about posters, some are about teams. I don't always play nice, and again, I apologize. All I can do is say I will do my best to do better.

Those that sent me PM's yesterday, you guys are awesome. You are the ones that see through my shtick. You don't let the emotion of it all get to you. And you are all ok in my book. You are the people that I appreciate on here.

I know I will always have people on here that I do battle with. That is just the way it is, and I will do my best to get the best of you. lol

The Brownwood Lions are bigger than me and my opinions. I please hope that you will see that. I am not the spokesperson for Brownwood. I am just a believer that made my strongest opinions known and I know I was not alone in the opinions I had of this very special Brownwood Lions team. I consider myself a Pep Rally poster. What do I mean by that? I mean that you will hear me say things about other teams that you will hear in a pep rally. Simple as that. I know worse things are said between friends from certain towns when their teams play, and I know the opinions expressed over text and at the water coolers at work jive right with mine. Most of you choose to not say them, and that is something to respect, as well. That is where the difference in posting styles is. I see myself as being too real sometimes. A little too transparent. That is just the way I roll...

I know a lot of you are smiling because MY team got beat, and you are right in that it hurts and that it stings. But as Coach Shipley said after the game, there are bigger victories and satisfactions in life. These Lions took the Lion Nation on a fun ride and we will never, ever forget it.

So to my Brownwood Lions, thank you! You guys represented your town and your thousands upon thousands of fans very well. You have every right to hold your heads high! You are Champions and you are arguably one of the best teams to ever play in 3A History. We were blessed to watch it all and thank you again.

Outstanding Rocket!!:clap: You're a heck of a guy!!:) Merry Christmas to you and your family!:)

Keith7
12-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Good riddance rocker. Don't let the door hit you.

Rocket
12-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

See ya later, hater.

trojandad
12-12-2010, 02:44 PM
See ya later, hater.

good post, rocket......would have loved to have seen shipley....

rykerx144
12-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Please don't go alone!!

got any room on that wagon befor you leave? Bobcat???? anyone seen Bobcat?? Tell him his ride is leaving!

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2010, 03:20 PM
That was beautimous! :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :clap:

We'll be ready about June/July when you get back. :devil:

garciap77
12-12-2010, 03:24 PM

I am going to eat crow.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Now was that so hard?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

1st and goal
12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
See there, not so bad, a little cayenne and a couple swallers of your favorite brewski afterwards,,,,

Now you have 7 or 8 months to refuel.

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Now you have 7 or 8 months to refuel.
Oh Lord! Don't encourage him. ;)

garciap77
12-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/philadelphia-eagles-logocopy.jpg

Bullaholic
12-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Straight up post, Rocket. Hang in there and we will all do it again on the board and the M&G's next season. Hope Santa Claus brings you some tar and feather remover...:D Merry Christmas to you and the Lion Nation for some great football and board entertainment.

orange machine
12-12-2010, 04:38 PM
:clap: :clap: that was great Rocket I'm proud of you lil turd:D.

cr180t
12-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Nice post

Dawgdaze
12-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice posting with you for a week Rocket and look forward to doing battle with you again. Awesome spirited poster. Was a lot of fun bantering. Thanks for the compliments to the DAWGS. We'd sure love to have you in our corner at the Championship game but I know you got some fishing to catch up on. If you decide to come I'd like to meet ya!

hollywood
12-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Nice post brother! It hurts, but the world still turns. Brownwood is Brownwood and we still have one of the most tradition rich programs in all of HS football. Which Brownwood team will be the next one to step up to the plate? Could it be the unexpected 2011? We always have a chance, always!

AlphaFemale
12-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Rocket, Rocket, Rocket ... whatever are we going to do for entertainment now? I'll miss you my friend. THANK YOU for supporting our 2010 Lions, go have a wonderful Christmas and Holiday Season, and we will be looking for you about, oh, July 2011 ............

BaseballUmp
12-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Lol why does everyone care so much?

AlphaFemale
12-12-2010, 05:15 PM
We care because obviously he's the Maestro -- and the best at what he does! ;)

espn1
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Lol why does everyone care so much? I applaud him just for typing that much!

pirate4state
12-12-2010, 06:00 PM
:wave:

see ya later

Inmateboss
12-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Rocket , man it was a blast!!! It didn't go like we wanted ( me the last two years)!! Carthage :mad: !!! J/K hey we have to blame it on something!!! Brownwood, the Steers, Monahans, ect... we'll all be back for a shot at the prize!!!
Good job on the crow eating, Rocket!!! IMO the only one that should have been serving it up is the only one that BEAT Brownwood!!!! All the other ones don't have any room to talk!! Carthage won they get to carve the bird, period!!!

Carthage I hope you win it all again( damn I hate saying that) but I really do hope you win so the Graham Steers can have a taller pedestal to push over next year!! Go Carthage!!! Really!

Keith(IQ)7 and Rickets144- Get your purses, get in the car, ya'll are out of here!! (Rocket 2010)

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Keith(IQ)7 and Rickets144- Get your purses, get in the car, ya'll are out of here!! (Rocket 2010) http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6794/smileylaughing024.gif
I can see it now:

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/4079/mar27ae.gif
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6794/smileylaughing024.gif

jason
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
you going to cowboys stadium next weekend?

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by jason
you going to cowboys stadium next weekend? Who?

the genious
12-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Everyone except the true jackwagons respect u alot more for all that... And the ones who don't should probly jump in the back of ur car and leave for a while :) your post always cracked me up so laughing with u and others at u but u added alot of character to the board

LoboesWT
12-12-2010, 07:27 PM
No apology necessary, anyone who takes this message board that serious needs to re-evaluate their priorities. I am relatively new to this site and it's been fun being able to creatively use sarcasm in the name of team support. Can't wait to get into it again next year. If y'all make it to the playoffs, oops just could not help myself! :D

Tejastrue
12-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Nice post Rocket. Still, if I didn't know any better I would swear that you were employed by the Downlow for the pure basis of agitation to spurn interest. :D Wow, just imagine if BW would have won.

As far as you signing off? My response to that is at the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc

Rocket
12-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Nice post Rocket. Still, if I didn't know any better I would swear that you were employed by the Downlow for the pure basis of agitation to spurn interest. :D Wow, just imagine if BW would have won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc

That's awesome! I laughed hard...

Tejastrue
12-12-2010, 10:06 PM
That's awesome! I laughed hard...

Well then, maybe, just maybe, there is still hope for you!!:D :D

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc That's funny I just used that saying to another I'm out dude/dudette. :D

skins4life
12-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Nice post Rocket. Don't wander off too far. :clap:

What he said. :thumbsup:

Rocket
12-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That's funny I just used that saying to another I'm out dude/dudette. :D

Yeah but the cat playing the piano cracked me up.

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah but the cat playing the piano cracked me up. LOL!

NateDawg39
12-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Good lord how long did it take you to write that thing

Eagle 1
12-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Well Rocket, there may be hope for you after all.

BTW, before you go, my offer still stands.
Goldthwaite plays for the State Championship Saturday @ noon.

Quote: Eagle 1

If Goldthwaite get's knocked out before Brownwood this year in the playoffs, then I'll look you up.
If the Eagles are still playing while the Lions are in the gym, I invite you to come to one of our games BEFORE judging us. I'll even pay for your ticket and buy you a bag of popcorn, and then you can explain how much more inferior we are.
Deal?
You have never seen us play.

Remember this?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106309&perpage=15&highlight=you can tell us how inferior goldthwaite is&pagenumber=32

OldBison75
12-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Rocket, as I said in my PM to you, you are a true fan of Brownwood football and even though you might push a bunch of buttons--you also will stand up when the game don't go your way.

I know you will be back here soon and with the same fervor as we have seen this year.

Eat a little crow, purge for a few weeks with plenty of cold ones, and start getting pumped for the 2011 season. Hold you head high and tell all those that can't seem to understand where you are coming from, to kindly punch the ignore button and maybe they will avoid an ulcer or emotional breakdown.

Love ya guy and God bless you and your loved ones during this holiday season.

wimbo_pro
12-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Just go.:D

Rocket
12-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Good lord how long did it take you to write that thing

I'm guessing as long as it took you to read it.

wimbo_pro
12-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Wow. A long goodbye. How special.

SintonFan
12-13-2010, 01:54 AM

I am going to eat crow.

Rocket...

Don't blow a fuse and have a heart-attack if your team loses.

"Blow a fuse" when you are as old as $h!ft, with many grandkids crawling all over you while your team wins...

It would be cool if you did stick around.;)

But you have to be productive in the "off-season".:D

Black_Magic
12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
You forgot to post the link to the Carthage vs Brownwood highlight video. Here it is.

LINK (http://ishare.rediff.com/music/pop/who-let-the-dogs-out/10007392)

Eagle 1
12-13-2010, 12:33 PM
You know he wrote this big long apology letter so he can come back on here next year and thrash other teams, coaches, and fans.:rolleyes:
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

rykerx144
12-13-2010, 12:35 PM
why was this thread not locked too?

Black_Magic
12-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
You know he wrote this big long apology letter so he can come back on here next year and thrash other teams, coaches, and fans.:rolleyes:
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Ya think?:doh:

Rocket
12-13-2010, 12:52 PM
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Nice shot. And you call me out? You are a bigger dingbat than BM.

NateDawg39
12-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Speaking of Duck, I need to get my duck blind fixed up, have yet to use it the last 2 years :)

Eagle 1
12-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Nice shot. And you call me out? You are a bigger dingbat than BM.

I thought you signed out?
I thought that was the reason for this drama queen thread?

Rocket
12-13-2010, 01:02 PM
I thought you signed out?
I thought that was the reason for this drama queen thread?

I am still reading...but idiots like you make me come have to defend myself.

This thread is about me eating crow. Not about you and what you think of me or your stupid little sissy comments after I am gone. ;)

Eagle 1
12-13-2010, 01:05 PM
I am still reading...but idiots like you make me come have to defend myself.

This thread is about me eating crow. Not about you and what you think of me or your stupid little sissy comments after I am gone. ;)

Thanks for proving my point. :p

LoboesWT
12-13-2010, 01:11 PM
This whole eating crow thing is kinda stupid. If the purpose of your thread is to sign off and "eat crow" then continually responding to posts is like a youngster refusing to eat his vegetables at the dinner table(good mental pic for those that have kids). I personally think the more you defend yourself the guiltier you actually look for "no crime" ever committed.

Black_Magic
12-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Nice shot. And you call me out? You are a bigger dingbat than BM. Come on! do you really think that after All the mountain of BS crap talking you have spouted out over the last year that you cant escape what you have coming to you? I know you hope so but sorry I cant keep from thinking and laughing at the prospect of you waiving the white flag like you did. If you say what you have said like you have said it over the last few months and then it not come true then you gotta expect a HUGE backlash. Your just gona get what you gave out is all.

Rocket
12-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Come on! do you really think that after All the mountain of BS crap talking you have spouted out over the last year that you cant escape what you have coming to you? I know you hope so but sorry I cant keep from thinking and laughing at the prospect of you waiving the white flag like you did. If you say what you have said like you have said it over the last few months and then it not come true then you gotta expect a HUGE backlash. Your just gona get what you gave out is all.

Most of it you don't like was aimed at you and your boss and your sorry dirty reputation. Which I am the only one that has the guts to call out, but receive tons of texts and pm's saying they agree with all of it. Chew on that.

Rocket - The Unsilent Majority

Rocket
12-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
This whole eating crow thing is kinda stupid. If the purpose of your thread is to sign off and "eat crow" then continually responding to posts is like a youngster refusing to eat his vegetables at the dinner table(good mental pic for those that have kids). I personally think the more you defend yourself the guiltier you actually look for "no crime" ever committed.

I am guilty. I said I was. I have never been anybody different than who I was the first day I signed on to this board. Eating crow is stupid, because it is basically admitting to what you totally talked against. But that is what the people want, so that is what they got.

I am just about done...just handling some lightwork before I go...

Black_Magic
12-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Most of it you don't like was aimed at you and your boss and your sorry dirty reputation. Which I am the only one that has the guts to call out, but receive tons of texts and pm's saying they agree with all of it. Chew on that.

Rocket - The Unsilent Majority Well when your good at teaching the dirty stuff and make sure they get away with it you gotta be proud. This is my specialty move I teach them.
:p http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Kurt_Angle_-_Anklelock.jpg

Rocket
12-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Well when your good at teaching the dirty stuff and make sure they get away with it you gotta be proud. This is my specialty move I teach them.
:p http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Kurt_Angle_-_Anklelock.jpg

As long as you know how your boss is seen and the reputation your team has, it is all good. I am satisfied.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Black_Magic
12-13-2010, 03:08 PM
As long as you know how your boss is seen and the reputation your team has, it is all good. I am satisfied.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I know verry well what reputation our team and coach has. Your little video you posted kinda backfired if you will remember on the "Dirty play". Snyder has the Reputation of hard hitting smash mouth play. It is kinda funny for YOU to post anything about someones reputation though.

cr180t
12-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey I like his Boss. He is a nice guy.

95mustang
12-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by cr180t

:D

Ranger Mom
12-13-2010, 05:04 PM

:D :D Me too and I agree!!

lostaussie
12-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Rocket Signing Off...

Yes...........you guys went out in style:D

wimbo_pro
12-13-2010, 05:07 PM
I am guilty. I said I was. I have never been anybody different than who I was the first day I signed on to this board. Eating crow is stupid, because it is basically admitting to what you totally talked against. But that is what the people want, so that is what they got.

I am just about done...just handling some lightwork before I go...

Is this what you call a "Long Goodbye?"

ccmom
12-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey I like his Boss. He is a nice guy. He's very humble, too! :p

sinton66
12-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Time to put this one to bed too.