Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Breaking all over the net

JHS_c/o_06'
12-11-2010, 08:22 PM
:doh:

Tin Cup
12-11-2010, 08:34 PM
What does this mean for the Texas staff now. Any ideas/rumors floating around for coaching replacements?

Tejastrue
12-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Breaking all over the net

This seems to happen at the end of every football season he has been at Texas. The rumors that is.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
This seems to happen at the end of every football season he has been at Texas. The rumors that is.

yes but this is actual reports he has taken the job and has been confirmed

Blastoderm55
12-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Any prior HC experience for Muschamp? This could be a mistake on Florida's part.

Breaking news on Monday: Greg Davis new OC at Florida! :D

Tejastrue
12-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yes but this is actual reports he has taken the job and has been confirmed

Wow, so I guess that "coach in waiting" at Texas really meant "coach in waiting, unless Florida comes a calling". He'll do well there I have no doubt. Not fair for the kids he helped recruit to Texas. I guess it's really not about them anymore at the "Big Time" college level is it? For that matter, has it ever been?

Emerson1
12-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Wow, so I guess that "coach in waiting" at Texas really meant "coach in waiting, unless Florida comes a calling". He'll do well there I have no doubt. Not fair for the kids he helped recruit to Texas. I guess it's really not about them anymore at the "Big Time" college level is it? For that matter, has it ever been?
What is he supposed to do, be a coordinator forever?

Tejastrue
12-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What is he supposed to do, be a coordinator forever?

:confused: Yes, of course, that's exactly what I meant. What's your point? Just making a comment about how things were represented by the school and media in this situation. All indication was that his first HC job would be at Texas.

Dogman_1969
12-11-2010, 09:28 PM
He's gone. The horns have a bunch of position positions to fill and lots of issues to resolve. Basically Mack has to replace his entire staff.

DDBooger
12-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Appears Major Applewhite is leaving too!!
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2010/12/11/1870669/will-muschamp-florida-coach-major-applewhite-offensive-coordinator

JHS_c/o_06'
12-11-2010, 11:11 PM
And i thought this year was bad. Maybe i graduated while the gettin was good.

FB-fanatic
12-11-2010, 11:31 PM
The Applewhite rumor is still unconfirmed.

UT is imploding as we speak. I understand there are a large number of recruits in town this weekend.

Wow.

Gig 'em!

big daddy russ
12-11-2010, 11:32 PM
So what was your take on the situation when you (Texas) took him from us (Auburn) for the exact same position (DC)? Life's just not fair, is it?

TheDOCTORdre
12-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
So what was your take on the situation when you (Texas) took him from us (Auburn) for the exact same position (DC)? Life's just not fair, is it?

hey no comments from you, you auburn fan:D

SWMustang
12-11-2010, 11:45 PM

coaches are all free agents so it's not a fairness issue. I think people are surprised that he would take the Florida job now instead of the UT job in two or three years.

The conference situation for the remaining big 12 teams may have played a role. I look for more shuffling of the deck in the near future.

Tejastrue
12-11-2010, 11:47 PM

Am I being a bit homerish? Probably. :thinking: Auburn's not suffering right now, Texas is. So your answer is "Yes".

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
coaches are all free agents so it's not a fairness issue. I think people are surprised that he would take the Florida job now instead of the UT job in two or three years.

The conference situation for the remaining big 12 teams may have played a role. I look for more shuffling of the deck in the near future.

not sure why anyone would be shocked..Florida, UGA, LSU and Bama were the schools I felt if came calling he would leave

big daddy russ
12-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang

I think Florida's one of the few programs with the clout/talent level that Texas has right now. Not a bad move.

SWMustang
12-12-2010, 12:09 AM
I think Florida's one of the few programs with the clout/talent level that Texas has right now. Not a bad move.

not so good to follow a guy who won 2 national titles. I agree, Florida is one of a handful of jobs that most coaches would jump to, but most coaches aren't the coach in waiting at one of the other 10 "premium" jobs.

Also just read he grew up in gainseville. that explains it a little more.

Aesculus gilmus
12-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang I think people are surprised that he would take the Florida job now instead of the UT job in two or three years.

The conference situation for the remaining big 12 teams may have played a role. I look for more shuffling of the deck in the near future. [/B]

I don't see Mack Brown leaving--EVER. He will have to be fired. What the "bleep" does the guy do except meet with recruits, the media and alumni? He delegates everything else, it looks to me like. That's why he's in deeper $h!t than a hands-on guy would be, as illustrated by this photoshop.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2qal9aw.jpg

The Big 12-2 should have been allowed to die a natural death last summer. I knew immediately it was a mistake to cobble back together what remained of it.

NastySlot
12-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I don't see Mack Brown leaving--EVER. He will have to be fired. What the "bleep" does the guy do except meet with recruits, the media and alumni? He delegates everything else, it looks to me like. That's why he's in deeper $h!t than a hands-on guy would be, as illustrated by this photoshop.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2qal9aw.jpg

The Big 12-2 should have been allowed to die a natural death last summer. I knew immediately it was a mistake to cobble back together what remained of it.

well I agree with you on allowing the big 2 and little 10 die off last season.....but contrary to what many believe about the others needing "The University"....ask around people in the know and they will tell you who needed who......................i sometimes think Texas's size and power hurt the conference more than it helps....too big a monopoly.........they should pull a Notre Dame and reap the benefits of their wealth....and be an independent...play 8-9 home games, have their own network and work their own bowl tie ins.