PDA

View Full Version : BW poster checking in for Crow!!!

RoyceTTU
12-11-2010, 06:24 PM
As I woke this morning exhausted from the long drive home last night, I thought about the game last night and thought to myself, that I am pretty confident I had seen one of the greatest high school playoff games to date. This game will be etched into my memory and heart.

Having a family member on the team, my heart was torn last night of disappointment but was proud in accomplishments. This year Brownwood did what 99 percent of all the other teams couldn’t do this year. The ride was fun the whole way. Brownwood hosted at least the 2nd most prolific Offense of all time and arguably could have been the best depending on how you argue it(and we know us Brownwood Posters can argue it with the best).

As for Hype, I think Brownwood lived up to the hype given to them all season. Many writers had them picked to win and possibly one of the best teams in the state. As for living up to this Hype, we did, and Carthage proved they had been overlooked to a minor extent all year and was better.

Did the best and most talented team win last night? I can’t answer that! Did the team that played better and within their playing abilities and games scheme WIN? YOUR DANG RIGHT!!!! I’ll be first in line to eat my crow and give Carthage props. They had us on the ropes early and often and it felt like we were 3rd and 8+ all night long. We had 2 key injuries on defense as well as one hobbled CB that didn’t help the cause. It is hard to win a game dropping onside kicks and having 2 drives stall out in the red zone. And it is damn sure hard to win against a running back that runs as good as Holland. Holy Cow!!!!

The true testament is with all these problems, it still took one knocked down pass in the last 2 seconds of the game to knock off the #1 team in the state. The Lions were behind the bigger portion of the game and fought back even when Carthage seemed to be pulling away. Those boys played great and have nothing to be shameful of. The Lions coaching staff has been top notched all year and this game was no different. Because of the coaching staff I know everyone of those kids left that game as a better man and each one of us Lion Faithful left better people.

As for those out there that want to make sure us BW posters feel the pain and eat the crow of a tough loss. Bring it, I can take it!!!! Because it won’t feel as bad as the way the Brownwood Players, Brownwood Fans and I felt when the last click of the clock rolled off. Truth is both teams, fans and posters proved why this was the most sought after game this week.

It has been a fun year and I have been excited of all the down low posters I have met in the last few months. I can honestly say that MOST of you are great friends and I enjoy the harmless banter and prodding. Good Luck for the remaining teams!!!!

5wide
12-11-2010, 06:28 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: ..good post now eat a lil crow!! lol

RPF2666
12-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Kudos Royce...

Lick those wounds and come out fightin' next year...

:clap:

M-town lobo fan
12-11-2010, 06:35 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Good Post but I would love to see one last video of you and rocket to close out the year!

RoyceTTU
12-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
:clap: :clap: :clap: Good Post but I would love to see one last video of you and rocket to close out the year!

Oh yeah, I'll probably make one more next week. Things shouldn't be quite so hectic next week. I'm not going anywhere.

FB-fanatic
12-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Good post RoyceTTU.

We (Lorena) can relate to some extent. We too lost to Carthage within 7, deep in the playoffs, last year, while knocking off Coldspring along the way. Though we were far from your ranking of #1 in the state, actually picked to finish fourth in district amoungst the likes of Mexia and LaVega, with an enrollment of 460. (Did I actually just hijack a BW thread...)

BEAST
12-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I'll check in to eat my share. However, I don't feel like this is a crow eating affair. That was one hell of a game. That game was the epitome of HS football at it's finest. Two opposite approaches to the game, each with equally amounts of devastation. Both Ds were spent. Had that game gone to OT, we may still be there. Instant Classic.

BEAST

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Royce...well said, and hang in there. We lost last night too, so I know the pain. You have no explaining to do, you have always beed respectful and a humble person here. The smack is for the very few who purposely plunged verbal daggers into other less talented teams using the Lions as their leverage. It is they that the barbs are aimed at. Good luck to yuo!!

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I'll check in to eat my share. However, I don't feel like this is a crow eating affair. That was one hell of a game. That game was the epitome of HS football at it's finest. Two opposite approaches to the game, each with equally amounts of devastation. Both Ds were spent. Had that game gone to OT, we may still be there. Instant Classic.

BEAST

No need to eat crow over the game last night Beast. But you CAN go ahead and eat crow over not winning it all, as promised. THAT is the crow.

BEAST
12-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
No need to eat crow over the game last night Beast. But you CAN go ahead and eat crow over not winning it all, as promised. THAT is the crow.

I'll eat it. No problem. We did it head up with class. No players brought back suddenly from suspension you know.

BEAST

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I'll eat it. No problem. We did it head up with class. No players brought back suddenly from suspension you know.

BEAST

LOL...that is weak Beast. After all the crap you and Rocket said...THATS the best you can do? It hurts a little to be on that side of it, eh? Can't believe the last 30 (thirty) years didnt teach you that...but hey. Some of us are slow learners! We arent judging you!

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM

BEAST

By the way...your boys certainly did do it with class. And your coach too. Total class organization. You and Rocket, however...and those who spurred you on with "yeah, but they love their Lions"......you have once again been taught a lesson you refuse to learn. Speak carefully when it comes to other peoples kids on the opposing team, dont be so damned sure of 16/17/18 yr old boys and sports, and remember that you aint got nothing to show for all your jibber jabber.

BEAST
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Keep talking wimpy. You sing the praises of yalls leaders. However my question is, what did he teach this week. Warning wimpy, I'm not a real nice guy, I don't forget.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Keep talking wimpy. You sing the praises of yalls leaders. However my question is, what did he teach this week. Warning wimpy, I'm not a real nice guy, I don't forget.

BEAST

Really? WOW

pirate4state
12-11-2010, 10:02 PM

BEAST

LOL

macho, macho man

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 10:03 PM

BEAST
LOLLOL...okey dokey BEAST.

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 10:04 PM
<<<To quote the movie "My Cousin Vinny">>>>

I'm done with THIS witness!!!

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 10:12 PM

BEAST Ease up on my friend Beast y'all. He is a goodun. Trust me on this. Has a Linebacker's mentality (don't know if that is what he played but I'd bet the farm) but he would give you the shirt off his back.

Beast, Come on now my friend. I know you are still stinging a little as you had a personal stake in this deal. Now is growth time. Grin and bear it.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 10:16 PM
I will tell u all..RIGHT NOW..I am not a nice guy..so come on lets fight over a FRIGGIN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD!!!!

We can call it the Meet and Greetmania I will take on all of you cause I need to chest thump and pretend I am a big bad A$$

GRRRRRRRR

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I will tell u all..RIGHT NOW..I am not a nice guy..so come on lets fight over a FRIGGIN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD!!!!

We can call it the Meet and Greetmania I will take on all of you cause I need to chest thump and pretend I am a big bad A$$

GRRRRRRRR

HaHaHa....Let's Get Ready To Rumble!!!!!

Tejastrue
12-11-2010, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEAST
[B]Keep talking wimpy. You sing the praises of yalls leaders. However my question is, what did he teach this week. Warning wimpy, I'm not a real nice guy, I don't forget.

I have to butt in and come to the defense of WHS. Your true colors are ever so starting to show. Really reaching down to the bowels of where all that crow you've been eating and digesting has ended up. Get your facts straight before making comments about something you apparently know very little of.

Keith7
12-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEAST
[B]Keep talking wimpy. You sing the praises of yalls leaders. However my question is, what did he teach this week. Warning wimpy, I'm not a real nice guy, I don't forget.

I have to butt in and come to the defense of WHS. Your true colors are ever so starting to show. Really reaching down to the bowels of where all that crow you've been eating and digesting has ended up. Get your facts straight before making comments about something you apparently know very little of.

What facts did he get wrong?

Is he actually a nice guy?

Tejastrue
12-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
What facts did he get wrong?

Is he actually a nice guy?

Is who actually a nice guy?

Beast knows nothing of how that situation was handled from the inside. When you start questioning decisions coaches make about your own school is one thing but you've crossed the line when going after rival schools especially using it as ammunition in a retaliatory response. Basically he was questioning the integrity of our coaching staff. That's the problem I have.

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Is who actually a nice guy?

Beast knows nothing of how that situation was handled from the inside. When you start questioning decisions coaches make about your own school is one thing but you've crossed the line when going after rival schools especially using it as ammunition in a retaliatory response. Basically he was questioning the integrity of our coaching staff. That's the problem I have.

Don't even bother, Tejastrue. They have no idea that Coach Nelms sat Smith on the bench for almost the entire game. He played maybe 4 downs on offense (carrying it 1 or 2 times) and maybe 10 on defense (and we had a LOT of defensive plays, damn it!). He sat the bench. That isnt the point...the point is, Rocket and Beast are hurting right now after a loss, and they dont appreciate the smack talk about their town, their team nor their history. Thats exactly the same many others on here feel after a loss for the last three years...but they had no problem THEN with smack talk. Quid Pro Quo.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Don't even bother, Tejastrue. They have no idea that Coach Nelms sat Smith on the bench for almost the entire game. He played maybe 4 downs on offense (carrying it 1 or 2 times) and maybe 10 on defense (and we had a LOT of defensive plays, damn it!). He sat the bench. That isnt the point...the point is, Rocket and Beast are hurting right now after a loss, and they dont appreciate the smack talk about their town, their team nor their history. Thats exactly the same many others on here feel after a loss for the last three years...but they had no problem THEN with smack talk. Quid Pro Quo.

Oh shut up... We can pick our battles just like you. Lay off. We all know Wimberley was playing for 4th place last night and Congrats! Y'all won!

Tejastrue
12-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Oh shut up... We can pick our battles just like you. Lay off. We all know Wimberley was playing for 4th place last night and Congrats! Y'all won!

Actually, I think we tied for 3rd with somebody named Brownwood. :D

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 11:24 PM

GRRRRRRRR Not true! I saw you and you wore an ear ring. :taunt:

Rocket
12-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Actually, I think we tied for 3rd with somebody named Brownwood. :D

Um no... It's a known fact Wimberley was the worst of the best...

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 11:25 PM

You won too! You won yet another award for Most Disappointed Poster 2010!!! Thats three in a row!! Change your name to Looking4number4!!!! LOLOL

Wimberley would have smashed you guys by 4 TD's.

Tejastrue
12-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Um no... It's a known fact Wimberley was the worst of the best...

I'll take that as a compliment to Wimberley, seeing it is from you! :D

Rocket
12-11-2010, 11:49 PM
You won too! You won yet another award for Most Disappointed Poster 2010!!! Thats three in a row!! Change your name to Looking4number4!!!! LOLOL

Wimberley would have smashed you guys by 4 TD's.

ouch haha lol haha ouch lol haha ouch lol :rolleyes:

You posting from your outhouse? You drunk monkey...

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 11:55 PM
ouch haha lol haha ouch lol haha ouch lol :rolleyes:

You posting from your outhouse? You drunk monkey...

Oh stop, Rocket. It's all in fun. If you take me seriously, you are the fool! People who know me know its all in fun. I have been around football my whole life.

Don't worry, you'll be back in force next year. No...wait...you won't!!! To the back of the bus with you! NEXT!!!

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Oh stop, Rocket. It's all in fun. If you take me seriously, you are the fool! People who know me know its all in fun. I have been around football my whole life.

Don't worry, you'll be back in force next year. No...wait...you won't!!! To the back of the bus with you! NEXT!!! There may copyright infingement in your post! :D

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Here's a couple of Rockets posts JUST LAST WEEK:

"Carthage is not playing an unproven Argyle team this week, they are playing the UNDISPUTED, and UNCHALLENGED #1 Brownwood Lions. We see what happened last year with Carthage-Graham. We also see what happened earlier in the season when Carthage played a real team. Ouch."

<<<now you know where the "ouch" comes from, eh Rocket?>>>

"Brownwood is more than great athletes and coaches, it is a system. A very, very complex system. A system that has still yet to be fully revealed. A system that has not been challenged. A system with plenty of cards that have not been shown. Our defense is good enough."

<<<ummmm....wrong>>>

"Who is Carthage's signature win?"

<<<ummm...Brownwood?>>>

LOL too funny....remember all this disrespect will carryover next week...but it won't matter. you have to play somebody good this week. Y'all are done.

<<<ummmm....kinda like you?>>>

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
There may copyright infingement in your post! :D

LOLOL...glad some of you remember!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Not true! I saw you and you wore an ear ring. :taunt:

I wear one in each ear cause I am gangsta and cannot be messed with!!!!:D

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 12:23 AM

That'll clash with Rockets skirt!!!

garciap77
12-12-2010, 12:25 AM

LOL

DU_stud04
12-12-2010, 12:37 AM
I wear one in each ear cause I am gangsta and cannot be messed with!!!!:D zzz zzz zz zzz

:D

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
zzz zzz zz zzz

:D

u a punk now :D