PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood mediocrity in 2011??

5wide
12-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Is there anything coming back for the lions?

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Straight out of Rocket's mouth to me last night after game..This was our chance our cupboard is very bare in 2011

plus Lets see if Shipley is back

BwdLions
12-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Straight out of Rocket's mouth to me last night after game..This was our change our cupboard is very bare in 2011

All haters jump on. We can take it. It took a very good team to take us out. :cool:

5wide
12-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Straight out of Rocket's mouth to me last night after game..This was our change our cupboard is very bare in 2011

Ahhh!! I love this!! I don't see any reason Shipley would wan't to stay.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
All haters jump on. We can take it. It took a very good team to take us out. :cool:

how the heck am I being a hater..ROCKET is the one that said that not me.

5wide
12-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Im with you tx...all rocket right there! Haha!!!

Tin Cup
12-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey 5, who's your team?

Old LB
12-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Straight out of Rocket's mouth to me last night after game..This was our chance our cupboard is very bare in 2011

Hard to replace everyone leaving, hope the staff stays together. With that staff you feel you always have a shot. I would not count us out in any year, but this was a special team.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 07:27 PM
I said they are mostly seniors that are starting. We start from scratch, but Ratliff, Vacarro, and Horton will be back. Plus kids got alot of playing time this year. We will win 7 games next season.

I don't use the "cupboard is bare." lol

bwdlionfan
12-11-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm anxious to see if we stay with the spread next year. Whether we do or don't, I expect to see the running game carrying a lot heavier load than it did this year... with losing all 5 receivers plus the QB but returning Ratliff and a stable of running backs, it will be interesting. Ratliff could be a 2,000 yard back.

bwdlionfan
12-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
Ahhh!! I love this!! I don't see any reason Shipley would wan't to stay.

His daughter is still in school and our girls programs are all pretty good. Plus he has family here

We will be okay next year... I think we go 2 MAYBE 3 rounds in the playoffs... finish with a 9-4 record or so.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

I don't use the "cupboard is bare." lol

Yea Rocket you actually did.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 07:43 PM

Not going to argue about it. But I don't use that terminology.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
His daughter is still in school and our girls programs are all pretty good. Plus he has family here

We will be okay next year... I think we go 2 MAYBE 3 rounds in the playoffs... finish with a 9-4 record or so.

The ONLY reason I could see Ship not coaching is he commented to me before we did pre game( and to others) about wanting to enjoy Jaxson's college exp and being a bigger part..I dont think in anyway would he leave Bwood for another school, but I could see him stepping away from coaching all together

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Not going to argue about it. But I don't use that terminology.

ok dude whatever. I would not come on here and say you friggin said something you did not say it ..G asked you what about next year isnt Brown a JR..u said no, he is gone all the impact players are gone our cupboard is bare.

But I guess I made that up to make u look bad or what ever

Rocket
12-11-2010, 07:56 PM
ok dude whatever. I would not come on here and say you friggin said something you did not say it ..G asked you what about next year isnt Brown a JR..u said no, he is gone all the impact players are gone our cupboard is bare.

But I guess I made that up to make u look bad or what ever

Gotcha. By that I meant as far as returning starters go. Not the fact that we have nothing. We will win some games next year, especially if our coaching staff remains intact.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Gotcha. By that I meant as far as returning starters go. Not the fact that we have nothing. We will win some games next year, especially if our coaching staff remains intact.

oh i am not saying you were meaning Bwood is going 1-9 or anything at all..but your right , Bwood is losing that CORE group that made them special

Rocket
12-11-2010, 08:02 PM
oh i am not saying you were meaning Bwood is going 1-9 or anything at all..but your right , Bwood is losing that CORE group that made them special

I just wanted to make sure people didn't think i said we had nothing. Yeah, this group of seniors was amazing. No doubt. 18 starters to be exact.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I just wanted to make sure people didn't think i said we had nothing. Yeah, this group of seniors was amazing. No doubt. 18 starters to be exact.

It will be interesting to see does Brownwood show they are becoming a power by still being a 3-4 rounds deep in play offs in an "off year" do they fall to 6-5, 5-5 barely make the play offs or go back to 3-7

5wide
12-11-2010, 08:05 PM

wow...4 coming back? I still see yall in atleast the second round.

Sville
12-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Based on what I saw at the sub varsity level for Bwood, 2011 is going to be a struggle.

Tin Cup
12-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I'd say Brownwood 2011 will be about like Graham this year. Not great but respectable after losing key players. We will never ever replace some of the talent from this year. Special group no doubt.

stang92
12-11-2010, 08:25 PM
People I know in Brownwood have told me next year they might be a playoff team. Big Spring has everybody back, and Snyder will be a 3A top ten with Ward back. I'd be suprised if Wylie stayed down. After next year Brownwood will be down for a while

Keith7
12-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I think this thread confirms that rocker is loco.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by stang92
People I know in Brownwood have told me next year they might be a playoff team. Big Spring has everybody back, and Snyder will be a 3A top ten with Ward back. I'd be suprised if Wylie stayed down. After next year Brownwood will be down for a while

Ward isn't enough..that was proven..and they had some good players around him.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I think this thread confirms that rocker is loco.

I am exhausted actually...probably sounding more loco than usual right about now.

hookandladder
12-11-2010, 08:55 PM
I am exhausted actually...probably sounding more loco than usual right about now.

That is the under statement of the year, get it. Like any knowledgeable person listens to your opinion, most listen for a good laugh.

Sville
12-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Wylie will prolly be about the same as this year. There was not much on JV. The frosh class has some pretty good talent on it though.

LIONS#1
12-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Hey 5, who's your team?

This team sucks!!

8/20/10
7:00 PM
9:00 PM @ Springtown (Springtown, TX)
8/27/10
7:30 PM
9:30 PM @ Whitesboro (Whitesboro, TX)
Box Score
9/03/10
9:30 PM @ Gainesville (Gainesville, TX)
Box Score
9/10/10
TBA
2 hour event Hirschi (Wichita Falls, TX) 38-19 (W)
Box Score
9/17/10
9:30 PM @ Ranchview (Irving, TX) 34-28 (W)
Box Score
9/24/10
TBA
2 hour event Iowa Park (Iowa Park, TX) 10-28 (L)
Box Score
9/24/10
9:30 PM Iowa Park (Iowa Park, TX)
10/01/10
TBA
2 hour event @ Burkburnett (Burkburnett, TX) 42-41 (W)
Box Score
10/08/10
TBA
2 hour event Bridgeport (Bridgeport, TX) * 38-48 (L)
Box Score
10/15/10
9:30 PM @ Lake Worth (Lake Worth, TX) *
Box Score
10/29/10
9:30 PM Mineral Wells (Mineral Wells, TX) *
Box Score
11/05/10
TBA
2 hour event @ Castleberry (Fort Worth, TX) * 55-28 (W)
Box Score
11/12/10
9:30 PM Kennedale (Kennedale, TX) ***
View Bracket: 2010 Texas High School Football Playoff Brackets
:D

zebrablue2
12-11-2010, 09:49 PM

he was in shock you know:D

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Wow. Was hoping to have a shot at Brownwood again next year as all of our skilled positions return. Sounds like that wont happen now.

lostaussie
12-11-2010, 10:03 PM

We will be okay next year... I think we go 2 MAYBE 3 rounds in the playoffs... finish with a 9-4 record or so. nothing wrong with 9-4 in a rebuilding year after a great run..............just ask the Buckeyes. Gives you a lot to grow on.

lv2937
12-11-2010, 11:14 PM

We will be okay next year... I think we go 2 MAYBE 3 rounds in the playoffs... finish with a 9-4 record or so. he had family in burnet and he left. i can see him coming back to burnet as AD. his parnets and brother are still here and it would put him closer to jaxson. :

Pendragon13
12-12-2010, 01:19 AM
I just wanted to make sure people didn't think i said we had nothing. Yeah, this group of seniors was amazing. No doubt. 18 starters to be exact. Sounds like you guys will be in the same boat Wylie was in this year. Last year even most of the immediate backups were seniors because the class was so big. We did bring back one running back...but everyone knows that didn't help much.:doh:

spaniard
12-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by lv2937
he had family in burnet and he left. i can see him coming back to burnet as AD. his parnets and brother are still here and it would put him closer to jaxson. :

that'd be ok with me, i probly still wouldn't get to come back home to watch many games, but it would be pretty stinkin cool if it were a possibility. just too bad his name has been tossed into the conversation for the temple job too...

BLACK ATTACK
12-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions

Same team that took us out. BW just had to actually play a decent team before they lost. Too Funny!!

Dawgdaze
12-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Wow. I guess I need to apologize on behalf of all of the town of Carthage and especially for those Texas Longhorn fans in Carthage and to other Texas Longhorns fans on behalf of Carthage.

We beat Colt McCoy's little brother last year and Mr. McCoy left Graham. Now we beat Jordan Shipley's little brother and now there is talk of Mr. Shipley leaving. Both of them using the same excuse: want to have time to see my last son go through college and/or spend time with the other ones in the NFL.

Can't wait for yall to see our Carthage product from 2008 State Championship team put on a show for ya with TCU next year. Mr. Dwight Smith is on the team roster this year but under a medical redshirt after getting injured in spring drills and requiring surgery.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I found both the pre-game speech by Brownwood's coach and the post-game speech both available online and viewed them. I find it kind of funny that before the game he talks about showing Carthage that they severely underestimated them and 'keeping the throttle down and not letting up' (basically a kill kill kill speech), then in the postgame speech he's talking about Giving all the Glory to God win or lose.

Just wondering if maybe running the score up was part of his kill kill kill side? I mean I understand, I am split on that a little myself. I am a former Marine but also a Preacher's kid. So... LOL.

LionFan72
12-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze
Wow. I guess I need to apologize on behalf of all of the town of Carthage and especially for those Texas Longhorn fans in Carthage and to other Texas Longhorns fans on behalf of Carthage.

We beat Colt McCoy's little brother last year and Mr. McCoy left Graham. Now we beat Jordan Shipley's little brother and now there is talk of Mr. Shipley leaving. Both of them using the same excuse: want to have time to see my last son go through college and/or spend time with the other ones in the NFL.

Can't wait for yall to see our Carthage product from 2008 State Championship team put on a show for ya with TCU next year. Mr. Dwight Smith is on the team roster this year but under a medical redshirt after getting injured in spring drills and requiring surgery.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I found both the pre-game speech by Brownwood's coach and the post-game speech both available online and viewed them. I find it kind of funny that before the game he talks about showing Carthage that they severely underestimated them and 'keeping the throttle down and not letting up' (basically a kill kill kill speech), then in the postgame speech he's talking about Giving all the Glory to God win or lose.

Just wondering if maybe running the score up was part of his kill kill kill side? I mean I understand, I am split on that a little myself. I am a former Marine but also a Preacher's kid. So... LOL.

You might have missed the earlier post, but guess who will be handing Mr. Smith the ball, Brownwood's very own Casey Pachall. Toot your horn, you deserve it.
Coach Shipley is a class act, maybe you should be a little more humble and realize it is not all about you.

LionFan72
12-12-2010, 02:17 PM
WE might not have the weapons of 2010, but the Brownwood Lions will be competative, you can bet your sock on that. Tradition runs deep in Lion Blood.

Old Cardinal
12-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Region II & III will be loaded heavy next season--look to their representives to play a great game for the title, in 2011 season.
Just too many returnees of too many solid assorted 3A teams!

Silverback 04
12-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze

Mr Smith will have to earn a spot with the top 3 starters coming back from a BCS team. Not saying he can't, but it won't be easy.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Region 4 will be the strongest in many years, with Wimberley returning so many, Cuero maturing with an outstanding D1 player in Jackson, Navarro showing they can play, Liberty Hill showing signs of life again (and we all know what that dragon can look like)...plus several others. As strong and deep as R2 and R3? No. But at the top level, you bet. The State Semi-finals will be quite the show next year, whomever it is!

Matthew328
12-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Brownwood will be down...Snyder brings back a lot, Wylie will be much better I imagine Sweetwater and Big Spring will be improved as well..so Brownwood takes a step back and everyone in the district may take a step forward....much much tougher road w/o a doubt..

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Wow. Was hoping to have a shot at Brownwood again next year as all of our skilled positions return. Sounds like that wont happen now.
You're right! I don't expect you to get past us. ;)

Rocket
12-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Brownwood will be down...Snyder brings back a lot, Wylie will be much better I imagine Sweetwater and Big Spring will be improved as well..so Brownwood takes a step back and everyone in the district may take a step forward....much much tougher road w/o a doubt..

I think you will be very surprised at what Brownwood has. ;)

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You're right! I don't expect you to get past us. ;)

Getting past the Slot T when both teams have the athletes is...well...its what we do. :D

Eagle1
12-12-2010, 04:11 PM
When you have over 800 kids in 3A football you should always be competitive. I wouldn't count Brownwood out maybe a little down but not out.

Bruce
12-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Numbers do make a different, more so in 3-AAA . I hope the UIL address this issue before long. I really think they could care less. Thanks!

Matthew328
12-12-2010, 04:29 PM
I think you will be very surprised at what Brownwood has. ;)

I dont think Brownwood will be bad by any means, but in talking to a couple of coaches on staff and judging by what I saw in the summer there's no question next year will be a year of transition..the question is how much transition

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Getting past the Slot T when both teams have the athletes is...well...its what we do. :D
What happened in 2009? :eek: :eek: :devil:

cr180t
12-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Matt. What does Snyder have coming back?

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Matt. What does Snyder have coming back?

:doh: :D

Matthew328
12-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Some kid named Ward??? I think he's pretty good

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Nevermind...

Too early to stir the 5-3A pot.

cr180t
12-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Nevermind...

Too early to stir the 5-3A pot.

You do like to stir the pot.

I know they have Ward just trying to get some info on what else they have. I know Matt will know.

ccmom
12-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Matt. What does Snyder have coming back? Funny guy!!!! :rolleyes: :D

cr180t
12-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Funny guy!!!! :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for the compliment. That was not hard was it lol
:)

ccmom
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the compliment. That was not hard was it lol
:) Don't get used to it...;)

cr180t
12-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Oh come on. Might as well keep them coming.