PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Carthage and Brownwood!

hollywood
12-11-2010, 11:32 AM
First of all, WOW, and thank you! I got to witness a game I'll never ever forget. One to tell the grand kids about. What a game for the ages. A true grit your teeth, smash mouth, slobber knocking, down to the end of the wire, last play of regulation, football game! Two of the best teams in the entire State of Texas!!! Congrats to Carthage on the victory! Great team, great coaches, and great fan base.

All BS and DL banter aside, Carthage executed their game plan better than Brownwood's last night. Both teams had fantastic athletes who left it all on the field. Carthage was as advertised! The only team I've seen all year to go toe to toe with Brownwood and hang around until the end. 7 points, wow. I'll support you guys next week for the 3 peat! Most teams never make it to the state finals much less get a chance at back to back and even greater, a chance at a 3 peat. Congrats again! Coach Surratt, dang you, you did it again. You found a way to beat Brownwood. Props!:devil:

Game ball goes to Hunter Holland! That kid is amazing. Reminded me of Jason Bragg from Stephenville back in the 90's. Work horse who get's it done! Very impressed with him. Game changer!!

Brownwood, to Coach Shipley ant the entire coaching staff, players and fans, keep your heads up! Great team and great season! This year, you gave Brownwood and true football fans around the state a season to remember forever. THANK YOU!

To sum it up, If I said it was simply just execution, it would undermine all things and efforts both teams displayed on the field last night. It was a slug fest where every player on the field played with more determination and heart in this one game than I've seen in one season by some accounts. Both teams brought everything. Carthage was the better team last night and deserved the W. Props to them. Every team goes through adversity and can make excuses, but every team has to overcome them as well and Carthage prevailed.

I had a blast this season on here and I'm not going anywhere. I'm a true Maroon Blood and Brownwood Lion fan through thick and thin and as long as the Lions are around, I'll back them 100%!

3ADL, thanks for the great site and all that is available for us fans to enjoy each others smack.

Most importantly, thank God for everything he does and the blessings he gives everyone of us! We as Americans and especially Texans have the freedom to follow this great game of Texas High School football and what it offers. Amen!

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Hollywood, awesome post! This seems like as good of a thread as any to say this.

I would like to congratule BOTH the Brownwood Lions and the Carthage Bulldogs for their incredible seasons. :clap: From all accounts of the game, it was truly one for the ages and a game I would have LOVED to have witnessed in person.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Excellent post Hollywood. We lost Friday night too...it hurts, and I know how hard it is to show class and respect on the board when you lose. You just did. But is anyone really surprised that you would show anything BUT class and respect? And the video of Coach Shipley...WOW!! What a great leader of young men he is. He nails the true meaning of HS sports.

Hang in there...and good luck next year.

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Nice post Hollywood. Sorry I missed you at the game. It would have been a pleasure to shake your hand.

Bullaholic
12-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Nice sincere post, hollywood. Think you could get Rocket to cut and paste it, or at least some parts, to some other threads? :D

garciap77
12-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
First of all, WOW, and thank you! I got to witness a game I'll never ever forget. One to tell the grand kids about. What a game for the ages. A true grit your teeth, smash mouth, slobber knocking, down to the end of the wire, last play of regulation, football game! Two of the best teams in the entire State of Texas!!! Congrats to Carthage on the victory! Great team, great coaches, and great fan base.

All BS and DL banter aside, Carthage executed their game plan better than Brownwood's last night. Both teams had fantastic athletes who left it all on the field. Carthage was as advertised! The only team I've seen all year to go toe to toe with Brownwood and hang around until the end. 7 points, wow. I'll support you guys next week for the 3 peat! Most teams never make it to the state finals much less get a chance at back to back and even greater, a chance at a 3 peat. Congrats again! Coach Surratt, dang you, you did it again. You found a way to beat Brownwood. Props!:devil:

Game ball goes to Hunter Holland! That kid is amazing. Reminded me of Jason Bragg from Stephenville back in the 90's. Work horse who get's it done! Very impressed with him. Game changer!!

Brownwood, to Coach Shipley ant the entire coaching staff, players and fans, keep your heads up! Great team and great season! This year, you gave Brownwood and true football fans around the state a season to remember forever. THANK YOU!

To sum it up, If I said it was simply just execution, it would undermine all things and efforts both teams displayed on the field last night. It was a slug fest where every player on the field played with more determination and heart in this one game than I've seen in one season by some accounts. Both teams brought everything. Carthage was the better team last night and deserved the W. Props to them. Every team goes through adversity and can make excuses, but every team has to overcome them as well and Carthage prevailed.

I had a blast this season on here and I'm not going anywhere. I'm a true Maroon Blood and Brownwood Lion fan through thick and thin and as long as the Lions are around, I'll back them 100%!

3ADL, thanks for the great site and all that is available for us fans to enjoy each others smack.

Most importantly, thank God for everything he does and the blessings he gives everyone of us! We as Americans and especially Texans have the freedom to follow this great game of Texas High School football and what it offers. Amen!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

LionFan72
12-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Great Post Hollywood, I think the majority will feel the same way. We are all here riding the coattails of 16-18 year old student athletes, I have not personally contributed to anything to this amazing season. I was allowed to observe and comment (those freedoms) freely, maybe sometimes a little too freely, but with utmost respect for the kids and coachs playing the game.
I would like to THANK the Brownwood Lions and Coach Shipley and staff for a monumental season. Anyone that I may have offended during the course of supporting, please forgive the transgression, it was not meant as a slap at your team or boys, just pure support of my Lions!
I would also like to give all glory to God and my amazing military troops for allowing our personal and religious freedoms.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Great Post Hollywood, I think the majority will feel the same way. We are all here riding the coattails of 16-18 year old student athletes, I have not personally contributed to anything to this amazing season. I was allowed to observe and comment (those freedoms) freely, maybe sometimes a little too freely, but with utmost respect for the kids and coachs playing the game.
I would like to THANK the Brownwood Lions and Coach Shipley and staff for a monumental season. Anyone that I may have offended during the course of supporting, please forgive the transgression, it was not meant as a slap at your team or boys, just pure support of my Lions!
I would also like to give all glory to God and my amazing military troops for allowing our personal and religious freedoms.

You are good with me anyways. I dont remember anything but solid Lions supporting comments out of you!! Good luck next year...and to the boys as well.

88bulls
12-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Great post!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

slpybear the bullfan
12-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Great Post, Hollywood

hollywood
12-12-2010, 05:08 PM
LH Panther Mom, thanks for your kind words and for all you do for he board. I really hope someday I get to meet all of the moderators and some of my favorite posters. I love HS football and all that it brings to us fans!

hollywood
12-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Excellent post Hollywood. We lost Friday night too...it hurts, and I know how hard it is to show class and respect on the board when you lose. You just did. But is anyone really surprised that you would show anything BUT class and respect? And the video of Coach Shipley...WOW!! What a great leader of young men he is. He nails the true meaning of HS sports.

Hang in there...and good luck next year.

wimbo_pro,
I understand the hurt and know that Wimberley and Brownwood football will be back next year for another run! I knew after the first quarter the Lions were in for a huge challenge. Carthage was good and executed very well. Sometimes it just doesn't go as planned and that's just the way it is. I was really hoping Brownwood would have been able to play Wimberley for the SC. That would have been our dream match up.

Brownwood is a class act program and has been as long as I have been around.

hollywood
12-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Nice post Hollywood. Sorry I missed you at the game. It would have been a pleasure to shake your hand.

bobcat1, thanks for your comments. I wish I could have made it to meet everyone. Honestly, I didn't realize that there was a M&G. I also had family sitting with me I haven't seen in a long time to catch up with. It would have been a true pleasure to meet you and shake your hand as well! Remember me if you come to Proctor to fish crappie, I live in Stephenville! ;)

hollywood
12-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Nice sincere post, hollywood. Think you could get Rocket to cut and paste it, or at least some parts, to some other threads? :D

Bullaholic, would have loved to meet you at he M&G in Sville. Again, just couldn't make it. Thanks for your support throughout the season. I'm a Bull fan after our meeting this year. Great program! Very impressive!!

hollywood
12-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Garcia, you are one of my all time favorites! Cheers buddie! :D

We'll catch up next season. Have a brew on Abilene... Or maybe some of ccmom's high dollar vino!

hollywood
12-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72

Likewise 72! We share the same passion for Brownwood football. Great post as well!

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
bobcat1, thanks for your comments. I wish I could have made it to meet everyone. Honestly, I didn't realize that there was a M&G. I also had family sitting with me I haven't seen in a long time to catch up with. It would have been a true pleasure to meet you and shake your hand as well! Remember me if you come to Proctor to fish crappie, I live in Stephenville! ;) It's on. Fishing is my pastime when there is no football.

hollywood
12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by 88bulls
Great post!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the kind words! Like I told Bullaholic, I'm a Bull fan from here on out! Unless they are playing the Lions of course. ;)

hollywood
12-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Great Post, Hollywood

splybear the bullfan, thank you and all you do for the site. Bridgeport represents HS football and what it's about. Class, passion, and a great community that support it's HS!