PDA

View Full Version : The Game Plan That Beat Brownwood

Milk That Cow
12-11-2010, 10:45 AM
From an earlier thread...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109494

Originally posted by Rocket
What weaknesses were you able to decipher from watching Brownwood?

This should be interesting....also be prepared to back it up with more than your "football expert" opinion.

Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I will answer in two ways...

Weakness ...

Offensively Not Much. Great Receivers, Good Quarterback, the goal should be to limit their output because you can't stop it. If you can keep them around 30 points you have done enough to Beat Brownwood...

Defensively - This is where you can Beat Brownwood. Ball Control/Play Action/Multiple Offense can put some points on the Board against them and shorten the game...

It seems Monahans has a potential formula to beat them, but you have to have some athletes to match up with them and I don't know if they do...

Brownwood "overwhelms" teams quickly so you gotta get an early lead...

BTW, has anybody tried and 8/3 with the nose tackle dropping in coverage on passing downs?

Carthage did EXACTLY what I felt was The Game Plan To Beat Brownwood...

Offense Wins Games...

Defense Wins Championships...

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
From an earlier thread...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109494

Carthage did EXACTLY what I felt was The Game Plan To Beat Brownwood...

Offense Wins Games...

Defense Wins Championships...

EXACTLY. I did the same thing with statistics, showing Brownwoods weakness was their defense. Though I did pick BW to win based on their offensive stats, it was their weaker defense that did them in (according to my early assessment). Average defenses can be beat.

STANG RED
12-11-2010, 11:14 AM
I dont think Brownwoods D was just average by any means. But I do think a marginally above average D can be brought down to just average with 2 key starters out to injury. IMO, this contributed greatly to their loss. A couple of key defensive starters are obviously more capable of making some plays their backups cannot. Otherwise they wouldnt have won the starting positions to begin with. Just seems like common sense to me.