PDA

View Full Version : For all that want to smack Brownwood now

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Where were you before the game? Now that Brownwood has lost I can hear a lot. If you were at the game you would respect both teams. It was the single best game I have been at except for 2007 Celina and China Spring and then only because my son was on that team. Sure a few from Brownwood deserve some crow but please do not disrespect those boys and coaches from Brownwood. Last night came down to the last 2 seconds. Losing 2 starters surely did not help Brownwood for sure but we will never know if the game would have changed now will we. Again congrats to Carthage and Brownwood for treating us fans to a heck of a ballgame.

sinton66
12-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm fairly certain NO ONE is disrespecting Brownwood's kids or coaches.;)

ccmom
12-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Where were you before the game? Now that Brownwood has lost I can hear a lot. If you were at the game you would respect both teams. It was the single best game I have been at except for 2007 Celina and China Spring and then only because my son was on that team. Sure a few from Brownwood deserve some crow but please do not disrespect those boys and coaches from Brownwood. Last night came down to the last 2 seconds. Losing 2 starters surely did not help Brownwood for sure but we will never know if the game would have changed now will we. Again congrats to Carthage and Brownwood for treating us fans to a heck of a ballgame. :clap: :clap:

rykerx144
12-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Where were you before the game? Now that Brownwood has lost I can hear a lot. If you were at the game you would respect both teams. It was the single best game I have been at except for 2007 Celina and China Spring and then only because my son was on that team. Sure a few from Brownwood deserve some crow but please do not disrespect those boys and coaches from Brownwood. Last night came down to the last 2 seconds. Losing 2 starters surely did not help Brownwood for sure but we will never know if the game would have changed now will we. Again congrats to Carthage and Brownwood for treating us fans to a heck of a ballgame.

I must disagree! I bet it was one of the best games ever played at this level! It should not take anything away from the players that played and they deserve all the respect, but after the predictions and statments that were made by some the brownwood poster and supporters playing the best game ever dont make that go away! They deserve everything they get!!

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by rykerx144
I must disagree! I bet it was one of the best games ever played at this level! It should not take anything away from the players that played and they deserve all the respect, but after the predictions and statments that were made by some the brownwood poster and supporters playing the best game ever dont make that go away! They deserve everything they get!! And from behind what bush did you all of a sudden appear from?:rolleyes:

rykerx144
12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
And from behind what bush did you all of a sudden appear from?:rolleyes:

I just didnt appear! Ive been arguing this same fact for weeks now! Just ask rocket!!

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 10:33 AM
I'd say 99% on here, not from BW, repected them. These post's are not geared towards the team, but a guy that didn't respect another team all year, and made it known he didn't.

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 10:34 AM
I just didnt appear! Ive been arguing this same fact for weeks now! Just ask rocket!! Yes since Oct 2010. :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I'm fairly certain NO ONE is disrespecting Brownwood's kids or coaches.;)
:2thumbsup :iagree:

DaHop72
I must disagree! I bet it was one of the best games ever played at this level! It should not take anything away from the players that played and they deserve all the respect, but after the predictions and statments that were made by some the brownwood poster and supporters playing the best game ever dont make that go away! They deserve everything they get!! Jealousy, like crow is best served warm, hope you are enjoying yours. To all the Bwood haters, where was your team last night while they were in the last four teams in the state? Playing thump thump just like my team. And before some of you get on the weak Region I or East Texas speed let me ask, did your team get beat by Henderson or Carthage, probably not. Could your team have played Carthage down to the last 2 seconds, once again probably not. So, if you want to hammer Rockee and some of the other adamant posters, knock yourself out. But before you hammer the Lions team, maybe you should look at yours or someone just might hammer you.:thinking: :thinking:

rykerx144
Yes since Oct 2010. :clap: :clap: :clap:

whats your point?

DaHop72
12-11-2010, 10:36 AM
whats your point? I'm sure the term noob would mean something to you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rykerx144
12-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Jealousy, like crow is best served warm, hope you are enjoying yours. To all the Bwood haters, where was your team last night while they were in the last four teams in the state? Playing thump thump just like my team. And before some of you get on the weak Region I or East Texas speed let me ask, did your team get beat by Henderson or Carthage, probably not. Could your team have played Carthage down to the last 2 seconds, once again probably not. So, if you want to hammer Rockee and some of the other adamant posters, knock yourself out. But before you hammer the Lions team, maybe you should look at yours or someone just might hammer you.:thinking: :thinking:

Im very proud of my team. They only have one lose and its to a team that they beat during the season. Its to a team that is playing in the title game and I think will win it all!

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 10:38 AM
whats your point? If you don't know then me telling you won't make a difference.

rykerx144
12-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm sure the term noob would mean something to you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dont count on it! Maybe just a new name?? I have been around a while!

pirate4state
12-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I disagree and I bet Rocket would too. How many times did he warn the board about what would happen when Brownwood won thier 8th?

Had they won, you better believe he & his fellow Brownwood posters would have been back (quickly) to make sure we knew it.

I agree that some of this disrespects the kids and the game, but why isn't that true BEFORE the game? All the talk leading up to the game is "in fun", but some of it can go too far and IMO certainly disrespects BOTH teams.

I think you can be proud of your team and still show your opponent some respect. Not just dismiss them and anyone who dares to support them.

So, while I'm glad those in attendance got to witness a great game, I think the majority of the Brownwood posters will be back to eat some crow or at least tell those that are dishing it out to piss off.

Congratulations to the Lions on a terrific season. I so hoped to watch you play this week, but it wasn't meant to be.

Carthage/Coldspring...I'll be seeing you soon! Those saying they saw the state game last night ARE being VERY disrespectful to Coldspring!!

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Those saying they saw the state game last night ARE being VERY disrespectful to Coldspring!!

No kidding. Coldspring is tough!!!

hookandladder
12-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Jealousy, like crow is best served warm, hope you are enjoying yours. To all the Bwood haters, where was your team last night while they were in the last four teams in the state? Playing thump thump just like my team. And before some of you get on the weak Region I or East Texas speed let me ask, did your team get beat by Henderson or Carthage, probably not. Could your team have played Carthage down to the last 2 seconds, once again probably not. So, if you want to hammer Rockee and some of the other adamant posters, knock yourself out. But before you hammer the Lions team, maybe you should look at yours or someone just might hammer you.:thinking: :thinking:

No one is hammering the team or even hate's Brownwood, just giving Rocket and a few of his closest friend's some of their own medicine. Brownwood had a good year this year, most all have had some good years. So get off what did your team do this year, we were in Brownwood's shoe's last year however we did not talk any crap.

ctown
12-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Celina has been gettin hammered year in and year out. All the theories and other BS. We put up a lot of talk here and take a lot of talk here--and will darn sure put it right back on posters who trash us when they loose too. This isn't about the teams. It's about giggin the toads who put on some of the most outrageous talk ever seen on the 3ADL for all to see.

I could give a rip about some holier than thou "if you didn't beat such and such, or if you didn't see the game...you can't post" This isn't that serious. It's about fun. Sometimes you eat the crow and sometimes you serve it. Today is Brownwood's turn to eat. I hope everyone from the lowliest 3A to the best are participating in the feeding. Those Bwood posters who disrespected everyone in 3A with all their "if we were 3A all those years we would have won" now have to admit they and their "best team ever" couldn't even win the 3A SMALL school division title.

And with all the talk about beating/tying the all-time SC record that Celina holds, yeah I'm laughing and smiling at the Brownwoodies who ripped on us about half championships. I'd rather have a co-championship than a No championship like the woodies have this year. Yeah Celina lost too. The wood is not the best team in 3A this year either. Boo hoo, now get back to the backroom stories about they wouldn't play us and blah, blah, blah.

This morning is fun to see the bold brownwoodies have to answer for their condescending, belittling and berating comments all season. We ate ours. Have some more crow 8 haters.

DaHop72
12-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
No one is hammering the team or even hate's Brownwood, just giving Rocket and a few of his closest friend's some of their own medicine. Brownwood had a good year this year, most all have had some good years. So get off what did your team do this year, we were in Brownwood's shoe's last year however we did not talk any crap. Guess you fall in the jealousy served warm as well if you believe that no one is hammering the team. I bet rykrex has room on his wagon for you as well. And if anyone were hammering the boys on your team I bet it would change your opinion.

As to Rockee and his club, hammer away they are free game.:thumbsup:

LH_Tuff
12-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ctown
Celina has been gettin hammered year in and year out. All the theories and other BS. We put up a lot of talk here and take a lot of talk here--and will darn sure put it right back on posters who trash us when they loose too. This isn't about the teams. It's about giggin the toads who put on some of the most outrageous talk ever seen on the 3ADL for all to see.

I could give a rip about some holier than thou "if you didn't beat such and such, or if you didn't see the game...you can't post" This isn't that serious. It's about fun. Sometimes you eat the crow and sometimes you serve it. Today is Brownwood's turn to eat. I hope everyone from the lowliest 3A to the best are participating in the feeding. Those Bwood posters who disrespected everyone in 3A with all their "if we were 3A all those years we would have won" now have to admit they and their "best team ever" couldn't even win the 3A SMALL school division title.

And with all the talk about beating/tying the all-time SC record that Celina holds, yeah I'm laughing and smiling at the Brownwoodies who ripped on us about half championships. I'd rather have a co-championship than a No championship like the woodies have this year. Yeah Celina lost too. The wood is not the best team in 3A this year either. Boo hoo, now get back to the backroom stories about they wouldn't play us and blah, blah, blah.

This morning is fun to see the bold brownwoodies have to answer for their condescending, belittling and berating comments all season. We ate ours. Have some more crow 8 haters.

Look. We all get it. Your arrows are pointed directly at Rocket. It is obvious. I have total respect for Brownwood and their fans. Lord knows BW and LH had some serious banter the last couple years. But to refer to the folks from BROWNWOOD as woodies and Brownwoodies is offensive to me and I am sure to the Brownwood supporters.

If you want to call out Rocket. Then man up and do it.

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Look. We all get it. Your arrows are pointed directly at Rocket. It is obvious. I have total respect for Brownwood and their fans. Lord knows BW and LH had some serious banter the last couple years. But to refer to the folks from BROWNWOOD as woodies and Brownwoodies is offensive to me and I am sure to the Brownwood supporters.

Well said...lets show respect to the town, even though some didnt show it to ours at times. They are good people. Keep it focused.

ctown
12-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff

Yeah, I know a lot is about rocket. I don't have the time to filter through thousands of posts to determine crow percentages. Some of the woodies joined in on celina and hardly any tried to reign it in. I'm sure there are just as many good people in brownwood as there are in celina. I haven't heard anyone told to stop saying slima or Selena or any other variant on the name of my town, celina. So I don't think it's that big a deal to call them woodies. Toy story 4: return to the heap.

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I know a lot is about rocket. I don't have the time to filter through thousands of posts to determine crow percentages. Some of the woodies joined in on celina and hardly any tried to reign it in. I'm sure there are just as many good people in brownwood as there are in celina. I haven't heard anyone told to stop saying slima or Selena or any other variant on the name of my town, celina. So I don't think it's that big a deal to call them woodies. Toy story 4: return to the heap.

I hear you..."Wimperley" is a common slam too. But the "woodie" thing...well, I think you know the meaning of that (or else you wouldnt use it!!). It's just kind of ...well...a bit much in my view.

But calling Rocket a WoodieHead is ok by me!! LOLOL...kidding of course!!

gatordaze
12-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Please capitalize Celina..

Bullbatt
12-11-2010, 11:31 AM
I must disagree! I bet it was one of the best games ever played at this level! It should not take anything away from the players that played and they deserve all the respect, but after the predictions and statments that were made by some the brownwood poster and supporters playing the best game ever dont make that go away! They deserve everything they get!!

Some do but not all. Yes, I prdicted Bwd to win by 3 and have had my crow for breakfast.

Bullaholic
12-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Please capitalize Celina..

O.k--Poof! Celina is now the capitol...:D

gatordaze
12-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Good one Bull very punny!

mustang04
12-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

if there is no 6th street in the area, Celina is not deserving of that :D

Bullaholic
12-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Good one Bull very punny!

Thanks, I thought a little humor would be appreciated this morning with all the head-hunting going on...

Rocket
12-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm on my iPhone heading straight for Midland.

ctown and the others that want some of me or want to feed me crow, come on and let's do it. Here is the deal, you and so many others give me my validity. Do you realize that? I'm just a fan with an opinion. A hero to some and an arrogant jackass to others. But one thing is for sure, as long as there are threads like this and people like you, I will be legendary because I have never seen one person on this board given so much attention. My gosh, have I been anybody different than who I am since Day 1?

Brownwood is bigger than me and my opinions of what we will do and my opinions of other teams.

Those that have extended a hand to me and looked past my persona, I appreciate it. You get me. To the people like ctown, shut up. You are a bigger joke because you can't get past my opinion and let me have it, and you validate me with every post you make about me.

I am Rocket. Hear me Roar!

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Meow.

<<<sorry...couldnt resist!!!>>>

5wide
12-11-2010, 01:38 PM
what a shame...such a let down..how's the wood lookin in roundball??

lulu
12-11-2010, 01:53 PM

My team got beat by both. But they were both decently close games. Gilmer on the other hand STOMPED us in the ground
And I hate that some of the 16 3a folks are on here not being very gracious.

Brownwood folks and Carthage folks
congratulations from "my community"
Longview Spring Hill. I think you are both great teams. Please don't let a few blow hards on here, that are not from Carthage or Brownwood ,put a dark cloud over your parade.

Kudos to both teams and fans:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lulu
12-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

ctown and the others that want some of me or want to feed me crow, come on and let's do it. Here is the deal, you and so many others give me my validity. Do you realize that? I'm just a fan with an opinion. A hero to some and an arrogant jackass to others. But one thing is for sure, as long as there are threads like this and people like you, I will be legendary because I have never seen one person on this board given so much attention. My gosh, have I been anybody different than who I am since

Brownwood is bigger than me and my opinions of what we will do and my opinions of other teams.

Those that have extended a hand to me and looked past my persona, I appreciate it. You get me. To the people like ctown, shut up. You are a bigger joke because you can't get past my opinion and let me have it, and you validate me with every post you make about me.

;) ;) ;) ;)

No you are not( different than you ever were) and I hope you never are.:)

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
what a shame...such a let down..how's the wood lookin in roundball??

In basketball? They are beasting it up.. they won a tournament last week and are in the championship this week again. They only have two loses.. one to a 4a or 5a school and another to a "giant" school lol..

hookandladder
12-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Guess you fall in the jealousy served warm as well if you believe that no one is hammering the team. I bet rykrex has room on his wagon for you as well. And if anyone were hammering the boys on your team I bet it would change your opinion.

As to Rockee and his club, hammer away they are free game.:thumbsup:

Have a son that plays football and yes would not be happy if someone was hammering our team, in no way would I ever hammer 17-18 kids. You know as well as everyone else on this board that everything said on here about BW is referring to Rocket and a few of his close friends trash talking comments that went to far, now all BW fans have to hear it. Maybe they should think before they speak.

MoveInDad
12-11-2010, 02:21 PM

ctown and the others that want some of me or want to feed me crow, come on and let's do it. Here is the deal, you and so many others give me my validity. Do you realize that? I'm just a fan with an opinion. A hero to some and an arrogant jackass to others. But one thing is for sure, as long as there are threads like this and people like you, I will be legendary because I have never seen one person on this board given so much attention. My gosh, have I been anybody different than who I am since Day 1?

Oh this is too funny, let me give you the full original quote from the author, Helen Reddy.

I am woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore, and I know too much to go back and pretend. Helen Reddy
Does the irony there not just make your jaw drop and then burst out laughing... She was also famous for her rendition of 'Hit the Road Jack'
;)

MoveInDad
12-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh please read the above, it's just too good to let go too far down the board. That's it, time to chop wood... no really, I need to go chop some wood, that wasn't a Bwood slight ;)

3afan
12-11-2010, 02:39 PM

all you are now is irrelevant! ;)

Rocket
12-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
all you are now is irrelevant! ;)

That's funny... Not according to most of the threads.

And who are you? What a joke...

I'll be gone soon... Until August. ;)

ctown
12-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Rocket,

Your post above proves one thing. You are a world class narcissist. You thrive one being the center of attention. The disrespect you show everyone elses teams is wrong. You then try to pull back and say oh jus jokin witch ya. That doesn't fly. You may be a legend in your own mind and we'll read all your stuff but for me and most folks I think it's more like getting into the freakshow without paying. All this persona today reminds me of a guy in a straightjacket in a padded room not a disappointed fan. why don't you go ahead and start a post on why brownwood will win state in 2011.

ctown
12-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Post above refers to the one which I am mentioned. Not the short one right before

Rocket
12-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Rocket,

Your post above proves one thing. You are a world class narcissist. You thrive one being the center of attention. The disrespect you show everyone elses teams is wrong. You then try to pull back and say oh jus jokin witch ya. That doesn't fly. You may be a legend in your own mind and we'll read all your stuff but for me and most folks I think it's more like getting into the freakshow without paying. All this persona today reminds me of a guy in a straightjacket in a padded room not a disappointed fan. why don't you go ahead and start a post on why brownwood will win state in 2011.

Are you a hippie? Let's all hold hands and sing kumbayah... I don't have to kiss your butt or any other team's butt. The thing about this site is respect is not given, it's earned. So I will treat you and other team's the same way. It didn't matter what Brownwood did in it's past or our 7 State Titles, until we played Carthage down to the wire, our town, team, and players were nothing but has been's.

Carthage won so they have my respect. Simple as that. As for Celina, I respect them. About as much as you respect Brownwood.

ctown
12-11-2010, 03:51 PM
It didn't matter what Brownwood did in it's past or our 7 State Titles, until we played Carthage down to the wire, our town, team, and players were nothing but has been's.

That seems like a pretty sad commentary on your own kids. I watched Celina play a long time and I don't look at any of the teams with lesser accomplishments as has been's.

IF you're trying to say that everyone has labeled you has been's, then you have a big inferiority complex. Welcome to the club of teams labeled has been's--that's the favorite theme for most Celina haters the last couple years.

I have seen many posts all year long saying Brownwood is very good. The things that seemed to set you off were the folks who said get real and that Brownwood was not the end all, be all of 3a this year. You had no problem talkin smack about Celina being overrated and all that garbage you spew so well.

So now you deal with the fact that by your own standards, your own team was overrated. Hope those Brownwood kids love you for it. "Aw come guys, you know I was jus messin with those guys online."

Never asked you to kiss my butt. That's just your complex kickin in. As for respecting brownwood, I don't really give a rip what yall do until you cross paths with Celina or approach one of our many records. Then I will always hope you fall short. I got my wish this year. Christmas comes early. I hope Santa brings you a stuffed crow. Maybe he can use one of the three big ones you've had to eat the last 3 years.

Go ahead, please start your thread on how Brownwood will win state in 2011.

Gobbler Fan
12-11-2010, 03:58 PM

The great Ray Charles has something to tell you Rocket ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

;)

Rocket
12-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Brownwood is the most successful and storied program in 3A. Most State Titles in 3A. That deserves and demands respect.

My team is awesome. They proved it. The bad thing about the game last night is one of those great teams had to lose, but I know two things, Celina was one month removed from that game and hater Celina fans were there admittedly wishing the worse on us. Classy.

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Brownwood is the most successful and storied program in 3A. Most State Titles in 3A. That deserves and demands respect.

My team is awesome. They proved it. The bad thing about the game last night is one of those great teams had to lose, but I know two things, Celina was one month removed from that game and hater Celina fans were there admittedly wishing the worse on us. Classy.

i think you guys are wearing him down....talk about needing a WAAAambulance....wow.

Gobbler Fan
12-11-2010, 04:24 PM

All this needs is to be put in one of those Cartoon videos you guys have been making . Dont forget the high pitched voice ...:evillol:

ogg
12-11-2010, 04:33 PM

I ran this morning, got some air. helped, try it Rocket.

Tejastrue
12-11-2010, 05:03 PM

Well, BYE!!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/ginria/mouse_on_rocket.gif

rholl
12-11-2010, 05:17 PM

A hero in his own mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trojandad
12-11-2010, 05:19 PM
i felt shorted not being able to match up with and see carthage's team last year and i feel the same about not being able to see shipley this year, even the carthage people have been singing his praises, even in a loss.......what better compliment is there?

44INAROW
12-11-2010, 05:36 PM

My team is awesome. They proved it. The bad thing about the game last night is one of those great teams had to lose, .

those are scewed numbers.. let's talk 3A since 1980... or is this a thread that history matters or doesn't matter - I've notice it depends on which end your on if it matters or not.

The team may deserve resprect but you in no way do. The way you've boasted all season without giving any other team a smidge of respect. Please...... It's one thing to be proud and support - it's another to be a complete jack@@@ about it.
There I feel better now :p

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
those are scewed numbers.. let's talk 3A since 1980... or is this a thread that history matters or doesn't matter - I've notice it depends on which end your on if it matters or not.

The team may deserve resprect but you in no way do. The way you've boasted all season without giving any other team a smidge of respect. Please...... It's one thing to be proud and support - it's another to be a complete jack@@@ about it.
:inlove: :inlove: :kiss:

Rocket
12-11-2010, 05:46 PM

3A History!!!!

So you get to decide if what Gordon Wood and Brownwood accomplished counts for 3A? Lol

I need to correct you. I've been boasting for 3 years. And disrespecting certain teams for 3 years. Get it right.

91 lion
12-11-2010, 05:58 PM

Just finished catching up on all of the threads, as I wanted to make sure to read them all before replying and eating my crow.

First things first....Congrats to Carthage! The Bulldawgs were able to dictate the tempo of the game and, to me, that proved to be the difference in the outcome of a very evenly matched contest. They are the 2-time defending champ for a reason, and it showed last night.

Secondly, I agree with Bobcat, the gameball goes to the Carthage O-line.....their size and technique were formidable, but their gameplan was impeccable. The Tackle overload formations and the cutback lanes that were created, proved too much for the Lions to stop.

Third, the balance of Carthage's offense is underrated....eventhough they were running with great success, you always felt that they could also go to the air and hurt you.....and Morgan's ability to audible at the line is another key and reason why I like their chances next week.

I could get into all of the key plays, and this and that, but I wouldn't be saying anything that hasnt already been said or dissected. I will say this. For me, taking all into consideration, it was the best game I have ever witnessed. How many times have we attended a game expecting a bigtime showdown, only to be let down because only one team showed up, or the game was just uneventful? Not the case last night.....BOTH teams wanted it, and were not going to be denied.....a true battle of wills. The advantages for each team were obvious, and neither team dissapointed. Do I wish we could have a few plays/calls back, ABSOLUTELY, but if my Brownwood Lions were to bow out, I wanted it to be in this fashion. Those boys and coaches gave it all to us fans, right down to the last second. I truly can't ask for anything more. Carthage won the game, but our boys know that there is no seperation between them and the makeup of a Champion. All that witnessed this team this year knows this for a fact.

We came up short...that's just how that funny shaped ball bounces sometimes, and things just didn't go our way. Carthage had a lot to do with that and were the better team last night. Good luck in the next round.

PS-We go back and forth on this board...and most have a lot of fun doing it. I think for the ones of you that have met myself and the other more outspoken Lion supporters, you get where we are coming from. We brag and boast like most posters....well, a lot more that most....at times, but it is all in fun. I know I'm speaking for all of the BWD posters, because I have read their post that say as much. For those of you that take it personal, all I can say is you don't completely get us or the way we talk smak. If it rubs you the wrong way...fine, just don't take it personal.....because that's not the intent.

It was a pleasure meeting some of you guys last night!! Bobcat, we will go fishing soon! TXB and G2...keep doing what you do, and keep it real. Garcia, you're my favorite.....can't count, but still my fav. Melee, Red, Aussie, Kepdawg....you guys are all good people that Im glad to have met.

Lions will be back!

This is a great board!

DaHop72
12-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Just finished catching up on all of the threads, as I wanted to make sure to read them all before replying and eating my crow.

First things first....Congrats to Carthage! The Bulldawgs were able to dictate the tempo of the game and, to me, that proved to be the difference in the outcome of a very evenly matched contest. They are the 2-time defending champ for a reason, and it showed last night.

Secondly, I agree with Bobcat, the gameball goes to the Carthage O-line.....their size and technique were formidable, but their gameplan was impeccable. The Tackle overload formations and the cutback lanes that were created, proved too much for the Lions to stop.

Third, the balance of Carthage's offense is underrated....eventhough they were running with great success, you always felt that they could also go to the air and hurt you.....and Morgan's ability to audible at the line is another key and reason why I like their chances next week.

I could get into all of the key plays, and this and that, but I wouldn't be saying anything that hasnt already been said or dissected. I will say this. For me, taking all into consideration, it was the best game I have ever witnessed. How many times have we attended a game expecting a bigtime showdown, only to be let down because only one team showed up, or the game was just uneventful? Not the case last night.....BOTH teams wanted it, and were not going to be denied.....a true battle of wills. The advantages for each team were obvious, and neither team dissapointed. Do I wish we could have a few plays/calls back, ABSOLUTELY, but if my Brownwood Lions were to bow out, I wanted it to be in this fashion. Those boys and coaches gave it all to us fans, right down to the last second. I truly can't ask for anything more. Carthage won the game, but our boys know that there is no seperation between them and the makeup of a Champion. All that witnessed this team this year knows this for a fact.

We came up short...that's just how that funny shaped ball bounces sometimes, and things just didn't go our way. Carthage had a lot to do with that and were the better team last night. Good luck in the next round.

PS-We go back and forth on this board...and most have a lot of fun doing it. I think for the ones of you that have met myself and the other more outspoken Lion supporters, you get where we are coming from. We brag and boast like most posters....well, a lot more that most....at times, but it is all in fun. I know I'm speaking for all of the BWD posters, because I have read their post that say as much. For those of you that take it personal, all I can say is you don't completely get us or the way we talk smak. If it rubs you the wrong way...fine, just don't take it personal.....because that's not the intent.

It was a pleasure meeting some of you guys last night!! Bobcat, we will go fishing soon! TXB and G2...keep doing what you do, and keep it real. Garcia, you're my favorite.....can't count, but still my fav. Melee, Red, Aussie, Kepdawg....you guys are all good people that Im glad to have met.

Lions will be back!

This is a great board! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Didn't get to go the game last night but watched the replay this morning, great game by both teams.

bwdlionfan
12-11-2010, 06:02 PM
those are scewed numbers.. let's talk 3A since 1980

Anyone can cut history off at a certain point to make a team look good or bad.

State titles or not, we have added to our win total year in and year out by having far more successful seasons than losing seasons, and most schools would love to JUST have that (even without the 7 state titles back in the day).

44INAROW
12-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Anyone can cut history off at a certain point to make a team look good or bad.

State titles or not, we have added to our win total year in and year out by having far more successful seasons than losing seasons, and most schools would love to JUST have that (even without the 7 state titles back in the day).
you and ROcket totally missed my point - I meant you haven't been kicking butt and taking names in 3A for the last 30 years.. nevermind. it's not worth it..........
Congrats on a great season.

Old LB
12-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Congratulations to Carthage on their win last night, congratulations to Brownwood for a fine season. What a game, don't get to see many that good very often. Can't wait for 2 a days to start.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 07:59 PM
you and ROcket totally missed my point - I meant you haven't been kicking butt and taking names in 3A for the last 30 years.. nevermind. it's not worth it..........
Congrats on a great season.

2/3 of the time, yeah we have...that is 2/3 of the time back in 3A.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 08:01 PM

Lions will be back!

This is a great board!

They don't get it at all....

Good post!

stang92
12-11-2010, 08:35 PM
From an objective point of view, the Brownwood posters were annoying and disrespectful of other schools. Yes, the Lions had a very good team, but this was your shot at your first state title in 30 years. I'll also bet that all the running up the score this year will come back and bite ya'll over the next several years. Oh well we'll probably see ya'll in baseball next spring. Good luck!

Bullbatt
12-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by stang92
From an objective point of view, the Brownwood posters were annoying and disrespectful of other schools. Yes, the Lions had a very good team, but this was your shot at your first state title in 30 years. I'll also bet that all the running up the score this year will come back and bite ya'll over the next several years. Oh well we'll probably see ya'll in baseball next spring. Good luck!

Running up the score on who????? You talking about Iowa Park? So what, they called down the thunder and got it. Most of our starters were out of the game by the 4th quarter in most games. Is there a certain point difference that you would prefer us to stop trying. Just wondering?:confused:

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 10:01 PM

Lions will be back!

This is a great board! Awesome post 91 Lion. Yep we will get that fishing trip in soon. One thing I never figured out is why Brownwood kept kicking it to #2. He had some wheels and hurt you right before the half and later in the game. Don't know his name but he was good. As far as East Speed over West speed, I saw Holland run down several times, #2 was caught everytime so Brownwood could match the East Texas speed. That was one awesome game. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 10:10 PM
They don't get it at all....

Good post!

Oh, we all get it 100%. That is a great post. Read it over and over Rocket. Try and "get it" for next year.

injuredinmelee
12-11-2010, 10:34 PM
enjoyed meeting you finally.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

I saw you high tailed it out of there before I arrived.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 10:59 PM

Hated missing u

garciap77
12-11-2010, 11:19 PM

Lions will be back!

This is a great board!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I can count!!!!!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rocket2-1-1-1.jpg

;)

garciap77
12-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I saw you high tailed it out of there before I arrived.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 11:21 PM
enjoyed meeting you finally. I loved the way that couple looked at you when you were cheering for Carthage to score. I wish Garcia would have captured that. That lady had lightning bolts coming out of her eyes when she turned around.:D

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Hated missing u He set next to Garcia all night. Are you sure y'all didn't meet?

garciap77
12-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I loved the way that couple looked at you when you were cheering for Carthage to score. I wish Garcia would have captured that. That lady had lightning bolts coming out of her eyes when she turned around.:D

She thought it was me that did it! Injuredinmelee might have had to walk home last night!:D

;)

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 11:41 PM
He set next to Garcia all night. Are you sure y'all didn't meet?

no dont think we did!!..but once I got in that grouping we were talking so much I was not paying attention LOL

Rocket
12-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
no dont think we did!!..but once I got in that grouping we were talking so much I was not paying attention LOL

He was the big dummy that thought Carthage was in maroon and white and home. Too bad BEAST wasn't sitting close by, he would have made injuredinmelee a true story...

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 11:56 PM
He was the big dummy that thought Carthage was in maroon and white and home. Too bad BEAST wasn't sitting close by, he would have made injuredinmelee a true story... LMSO! Come on now!

91 lion
12-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Awesome post 91 Lion. Yep we will get that fishing trip in soon. One thing I never figured out is why Brownwood kept kicking it to #2. He had some wheels and hurt you right before the half and later in the game. Don't know his name but he was good. As far as East Speed over West speed, I saw Holland run down several times, #2 was caught everytime so Brownwood could match the East Texas speed. That was one awesome game. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My thought is that he kept missing his target (which should have been a pooch to second level, around the 35 yardline). He had more than enough leg to get it to the endzone....but he just took over the kickoff duties last week in Monohans once Elllis was injured. Kicking it to the 15 is no man's land......#2's name is Claiborne.

KVILLE_GRAD
12-12-2010, 12:24 AM

that means nothing to the team now though. brownwood, as of late, has not been anywhere near the best program year in and year out by ANY means at all in say the last decade. belive they were 3-7 just two years ago..

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
that means nothing to the team now though. brownwood, as of late, has not been anywhere near the best program year in and year out by ANY means at all in say the last decade. belive they were 3-7 just two years ago..

Yeppers.

Dawgdaze
12-12-2010, 02:21 AM
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Lions tamed
EVAN REN Scripps Texas Newspapers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

DALLAS — Call it a bad matchup, call it bad timing, call it what you will.

But two-time defending state champion Carthage had the right set of tools to knock off a seemingly unstoppable Brownwood team, and used every one of them in a 35-28 win Friday at Kincaide Stadium.

Using a dominating running game behind a massive offensive line, the Bulldogs took the Class 3A Division II state semifinal in physical fashion, pounding out 316 rushing yards. Hunter Holland gained 307 yards and scored twice to lead Carthage (13-2), which advances to face either Coldspring Oakhurst (14-1), which defeated Wimberley 26-14 in another Friday game, in the state championship game next Friday at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.

Carthage defeated Graham 13-12 in the Division II championship in 2009.

Brownwood, which got 304 passing yards from Graylon Brown — 161 of which were to Jaxon Shipley, closed its season at 14-1.

The Lions had a late opportunity to tie the game. With 2 seconds to play, a pass from Brown to Shipley was deflected in the corner of the end zone to end the game.

In all, the game saw two lead changes and three ties before Holland produced the game-winner — a 29-yard touchdown run with 3:41 left in the game.

“They were as good as advertised and we knew that if we were going to win a championship the road would go through Carthage,” Brownwood coach Bob Shipley said. “They’re a great football team and they did what it took to win tonight.”

What it took, was to keep a Brownwood offense averaging 55 points and nearly 500 yards per game off the field.

The Bulldogs did precisely that, limiting Brownwood to four first-half possessions, and nine for the game.

“We stayed with our game plan,” Carthage coach Scott Surratt said. “We stayed patient with the running game because we knew we had to keep their offense off the field.

“We played pretty well defensively, but Jaxon Shipley still made his plays.”

So did a few others.

Trailing 21-14 at halftime, Brownwood tied the score with 9:50 left in the third quarter, when Brown scored on a quarterback keeper from 9 yards out.

Later, when trailing 28-21, the Lions tied the score with 6:59 left, when Levi Perez raced 9 yards for a score, ending a five-play, 80-yard possession.

The game-winning drive then began, with Carthage pushing 66 yards for a score, capped by Holland’s 29-yard run.

The Lions took possession on their 20 and pushed to the Carthage 5 in 14 plays to set up their final opportunity. But Jaxon Shipley, who had caught six of his 13 passes in Brownwood’s final possession, had the ball deflected from his grasp as time ran out.

“I told the guys that it this hurts because they put so much into this season — starting about 12 months ago after a loss in the third round,” coach Shipley said. “But sometimes, life can throw you curves and there will be some bumps in the road.

“The key is how you respond to it. It’s going to make the kids stronger and they’ll be able to draw strength from this when things don’t do exactly as planned.

“It’s going to hurt tonight but tomorrow, I’ll choose to focus on the 14 games we did win.”

Carthage 6 15 7 7—35

Brownwood 0 14 7 7—28

CAR— Hunter Holland 2 run (kick failed), 1:00

BRO— Stehl Ratliff 12 run (Dillon Ellis kick), 11:17

CAR— Cortlyn Ware 22 pass from Anthony Morgan (Morgan run) 7:38

BRO— Jaxon Shipley 21 pass from Vance Mcshan (Ellis kick) 0:57

CAR— Edward Pope 4 pass from Morgan (Fransisco Monreal kick) 0:03

BRO— Graylon Brown 9 run (Ellis kick), 9:50

CAR—Ware 39 pass from Morgan (Monreal kick), 1:13

BRO— Levi Perez 9 run (Ellis kick), 6:59

CAR— Holland 29 run (Monreal kick), 3:41

CAR BRO

First downs 20 22

Total offense 459 446

Rushes-yards 40-316 29-142

Passing 143 304

Comp-Att-Int 11-19-0 24-31-0

Punts 1-28 2-50.5

Fumbles-Lost 1-1 0-0

Penalties-Yards 4-45 6-45

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — CARTHAGE, Hunter Holland 33-307, Anthony Morgan 6-5, Tamonte Hines 1-4. BROWNWOOD, Stehl Ratliff 10-40, Levi Perez 6-27, Shipley 5-25, Derek Longoria 1-6, Brown 7-44.

PASSING— CARTHAGE,Anthony Morgan 11-19-0, 143. BROWNWOOD, Graylon Brown 23-30-0 283, Vance McShan 1-1-0, 21.

RECEIVING — CARTHAGE, Cortlyn Ware 6-95, Jalen Claiborne 3-40, Edward Pope 1-4, Holland 1-4. BROWNWOOD, Ratliff 3-31, McShan 6-63, Ellis 1-14, Shipley 13-161, Cade Johnson 1-35.

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Too bad BEAST wasn't sitting close by, he would have made injuredinmelee a true story...
That made me LOL! :D It actually is a true story and my money would be on a draw.

slpybear the bullfan
12-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Fantastic post!

Lions will be back!

This is a great board!

slpybear the bullfan
12-12-2010, 07:37 AM
yup. The same goes for members and what they post.

Anyone can smacktalk like a middle schooler.

Anyone can be a Keyboard Giant.

Anyone can hide behind the Lolz.

Meh.

Are you a hippie? Let's all hold hands and sing kumbayah... I don't have to kiss your butt or any other team's butt. The thing about this site is respect is not given, it's earned. So I will treat you and other team's the same way. It didn't matter what Brownwood did in it's past or our 7 State Titles, until we played Carthage down to the wire, our town, team, and players were nothing but has been's.

Carthage won so they have my respect. Simple as that. As for Celina, I respect them. About as much as you respect Brownwood.

1st and goal
12-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think he has not eaten his crow yet?

Forgive me if he has in another thread...

Rocket
12-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That made me LOL! :D It actually is a true story and my money would be on a draw.

Haha in that situation, my money is on BEAST.

Rocket
12-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

I ate my crow. Several times.

sinton66
12-12-2010, 09:22 AM

No, it's not just you.

Rocket
12-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
yup. The same goes for members and what they post.

Anyone can smacktalk like a middle schooler.

Anyone can be a Keyboard Giant.

Anyone can hide behind the Lolz.

Meh.

And you don't know me. ;)

ctown
12-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Rocket appears to be more a fan of himself than of Brownwood. Yes, we keep poking so you can come up with more stuff. People will only know what they see and that's on you if they think you're not "classy". And yes, I'll always root against a team when they approach the Celina records--Brownwood, Southlake, doesn't matter. Our records aren't just about 3A. They're about the whole state. I respect the players and coaches in Brownwood but you are an odd piece of negative lore in an otherwise great tradition of Texas football. And I think that's the way you like it.

Rocket
12-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Rocket appears to be more a fan of himself than of Brownwood. Yes, we keep poking so you can come up with more stuff. People will only know what they see and that's on you if they think you're not "classy". And yes, I'll always root against a team when they approach the Celina records--Brownwood, Southlake, doesn't matter. Our records aren't just about 3A. They're about the whole state. I respect the players and coaches in Brownwood but you are an odd piece of negative lore in an otherwise great tradition of Texas football. And I think that's the way you like it.

Good. I'm glad you respect Brownwood. :rolleyes:

sinton66
12-12-2010, 09:47 AM

No, you haven't. What you did was respond with smart-ass comments to anyone that tried to feed you some. You've YET to give Carthage their props. Yes, you said congrats but you've followed that up with your tired old "a healthy Brownwood" crap and several other like comments.

You said several times during the season that Brownwood couldn't be beat by ANY team in 3A. You also said if they DID get beat by a 3A team that you'd be here to eat your crow and give them their props.

So, not only are you a horses' ass on here, you're proving yourself to also be a liar.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 10:01 AM

Well there you have it. He actually THINKS he has eaten crow. I mean...he REALLY THINKS HE HAS!!! What do you do with a person like this? After the crap he has levied on other schools, other programs, other coaches and even other KIDS..., he has no idea of what it takes to be a man and step up (on a stool maybe) and say "Hey, I was wrong...It's my turn in the crow seat!". Or..."I deserve it...yeah, it's all in fun". Nope. Not Rocket.

Is anyone really surprised though?

hookandladder
12-12-2010, 10:03 AM
No, you haven't. What you did was respond with smart-ass comments to anyone that tried to feed you some. You've YET to give Carthage their props. Yes, you said congrats but you've followed that up with your tired old "a healthy Brownwood" crap and several other like comments.

You said several times during the season that Brownwood couldn't be beat by ANY team in 3A. You also said if they DID get beat by a 3A team that you'd be here to eat your crow and give them their props.

So, not only are you a horses' ass on here, you're proving yourself to also be a liar.

Wow, that's telling it like it is but what did you expect from someone like him.

1st and goal
12-12-2010, 11:38 AM
It's one thing to root for your team. It's another to ridicule and lambast other teams as far as their players and programs go.

It only makes you look smaller.

It goes hand in hand, gracious winning and respectful losing. Most of Bwood's fans thankfully are such.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 12:28 PM
It's one thing to root for your team. It's another to ridicule and lambast other teams as far as their players and programs go.

It goes hand in hand, gracious winning and respectful losing. Most of Bwood's fans thankfully are such.

VERY well said. And very true.

rykerx144
12-12-2010, 12:34 PM

So, not only are you a horses' ass on here, you're proving yourself to also be a liar. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Emerson1
12-12-2010, 01:20 PM

So, not only are you a horses' ass on here
People think the same thing about you.

Rocket
12-12-2010, 01:45 PM

I am an ass and a liar? Wow...I guess I riled the big man up...Lucky you don't play by your own rules, you may have to suspend yourself. Well, it is your board. :rolleyes:

Rocket
12-12-2010, 01:47 PM

I paid my respects to Carthage. Do you want a 1000 word essay on that issue? As far as dealing with these idiots, I am not going to play like that. You can throw my quotes back in my face and I will eat it, but going the next step, nuh uh...I will not put up with it. Sorry.

So you eat crow your way, and I will eat crow my way.

sinton66
12-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I am an ass and a liar? Wow...I guess I riled the big man up...Lucky you don't play by your own rules, you may have to suspend yourself. Well, it is your board. :rolleyes:

What you don't get is NO ONE expects you to "kiss their ass" as you put it. All they want is some civility from you. Something you have yet to give anyone on here.

Despite your personal beliefs and attempts to prove otherwise, this is NOT what 3ADL was established for and NOT what we are about. You're going to have to get that through your thick head.

If a public "dressing down" is what it takes to wake you up, I don't have a problem doing that. Official warnings obviously haven't done the trick.

lulu
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Real respect and acknowledgement of defeat with humility general shows through even on a screen from typed words.

So just typing the words without meaning them usually shows through too.

Just saying.:(

AngeloState39
12-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
what a shame...such a let down..how's the wood lookin in roundball?? decatur isnt doing any better. you should show a little respect towards brownwood because they were better than decatur ever has or ever will be.

Inmateboss
12-12-2010, 06:59 PM

:iagree: The only crow carvers should be Carthage, they won they get to serve the bird!!!

PS, how does Celina look for next year?? Do y'all have a lot that will be back?

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
:iagree: The only crow carvers should be Carthage, they won they get to serve the bird!!!

PS, how does Celina look for next year?? Do y'all have a lot that will be back? Don't know for sure. I really haven't checked. I saw where we have 2 back on offense and 6 back on defense plus a D1 lineman moved in at the start of the playoffs. A good JV squad coming up and backups that saw a lot of playing time this year before the playoffs ended too soon.

Inmateboss
12-12-2010, 07:05 PM
And from behind what bush did you all of a sudden appear from?:rolleyes:

Sorry Bobcat, it was more of a slither, or perhaps even,ooze!!

Inmateboss
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Don't know for sure. I really haven't checked. I saw where we have 2 back on offense and 6 back on defense plus a D1 lineman moved in at the start of the playoffs. A good JV squad coming up and backups that saw a lot of playing time this year before the playoffs ended too soon.

Well y'all always have a good team, so I'm sure it will be good!! Sounds like us, we have some power players leaving but some really good ones coming up, it will be fun but another hard row to hoe!!! Good luck to y'all next year!

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Well y'all always have a good team, so I'm sure it will be good!! Sounds like us, we have some power players leaving but some really good ones coming up, it will be fun but another hard row to hoe!!! Good luck to y'all next year! Y'all too. I was in Graham yesterday. My brother lives out at Lake Graham and works at North Texas Lumber so I keep up with Graham. Good luck to y'all as well unless we meet. :thumbsup: ;)

Inmateboss
12-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Y'all too. I was in Graham yesterday. My brother lives out at Lake Graham and works at North Texas Lumber so I keep up with Graham. Good luck to y'all as well unless we meet. :thumbsup: ;)

Dang were almost kin!! My folks live on the 3003 side!! Yeah I can holler for y'all for a while, don't really want to play ya, but we would !!! Be safe!

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Don't know for sure. I really haven't checked. I saw where we have 2 back on offense and 6 back on defense plus a D1 lineman moved in at the start of the playoffs. A good JV squad coming up and backups that saw a lot of playing time this year before the playoffs ended too soon.

A D1 lineman moved in at the start of the play offs? From where?

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
A D1 lineman moved in at the start of the play offs? From where? New Mexico. He didn't get to play this year but he does next year. I heard he was an Oregon commit but I don't have firsthand knowledge of that.

LionFan72
12-12-2010, 08:03 PM
New Mexico. He didn't get to play this year but he does next year. I heard he was an Oregon commit but I don't have firsthand knowledge of that.

You didnt get a move in, silly, you got a moving van....tell the rest of story!

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 08:03 PM
New Mexico. He didn't get to play this year but he does next year. I heard he was an Oregon commit but I don't have firsthand knowledge of that.

Wow. Thats some serious interstate recruiting right there!!! LOL. By the way, what are the rules on that? At what point in the season can a kid come into a new school and still play?

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 08:14 PM
He had to be here before the start of the playoffs to play in week 3 which wound up making no difference but he was here before the new year so I believe he is eligible to play next year. If I am wrong please correct me.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 08:23 PM
He had to be here before the start of the playoffs to play in week 3 which wound up making no difference but he was here before the new year so I believe he is eligible to play next year. If I am wrong please correct me.

I would hope that even if he arrived the day before school started in August (or even after that) and he was legitimately a transfer (it DOES happen), the kid should be able to play. I understand rules and the reasons for them, but parents DO take jobs and they DO have legit reasons to move.

DaHop72
12-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
People think the same thing about you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
12-12-2010, 10:57 PM
He was the big dummy that thought Carthage was in maroon and white and home. Too bad BEAST wasn't sitting close by, he would have made injuredinmelee a true story...
I specifically went and bought a red jacket to wear at the game... Well worth it.

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:00 PM
I specifically went and bought a red jacket to wear at the game... Well worth it.

Next time it happens, we will come shut you up. Guaranteed.

Garcia can get that whoohoo on video.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Next time it happens, we will come shut you up. Guaranteed.

Another Brownwood threat of physical violence? Really? I mean...REALLY???

BEAST
12-12-2010, 11:03 PM

All I can tell you is this, you are lucky I had my kids to tend to. If I had been up there, you most def would've been injured. Believe that.

BEAST

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:04 PM

I didn't threaten physical violence. Just told him he would get shut up.

DaHop72
12-12-2010, 11:05 PM
You guys stay classy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NateDawg39
Originally posted by BEAST
All I can tell you is this, you are lucky I had my kids to tend to. If I had been up there, you most def would've been injured. Believe that.

BEAST No attacks of the personal kind!!!

It is on the rules/suggestion page :mad:

:)

wimbo_pro

BEAST
LOLOLOLOL

You be some BAD DUDES in Brownwood!!! WOW!!!! HaHaHa!!!

garciap77

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:07 PM
You guys stay classy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Him first. ;)

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
LOLOLOLOL

Yeah...you better believe dat. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL WOW!!! hahahahahah HAHAHAHA

DaHop72
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Him first. ;) What, is he sitting on your side or the car or breathing your air?:p

NateDawg39
12-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Brownwood lost :confused:

BEAST
12-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
No attacks of the personal kind!!!

It is on the rules/suggestion page :mad:

:)

Dude it's a play on words. Look at his screen name. I wouldn't have hurt him but he would not have been sitting on our side rooting against us. I promise you that.

BEAST

BEAST
12-12-2010, 11:13 PM
LOLOLOLOL

Compared to you, yup. I'm a very bad dude.

BEAST

NateDawg39
12-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Dude it's a play on words. Look at his screen name. I wouldn't have hurt him but he would not have been sitting on our side rooting against us. I promise you that.

BEAST Did you notice my smiley face? :(

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 11:14 PM

BEAST

I am sure you are, BREAST.

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:16 PM
That is the king of no class... sitting on the wrong side and cheering for the other team. Unless you are a mental invalid, then it is perfectly acceptable.

BEAST, we may need to look at that exception....

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:16 PM
I am sure you are, BREAST.

Come pick me up, BEAST. WE have 2 stops to make.

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:19 PM
wimbo and his "frog".

picture blocked...DANGIT

BaseballUmp
12-12-2010, 11:20 PM
I get the idea that Beast is a certified B.A. lol

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I get the idea that Beast is a certified B.A. lol

Fashioned by the hands of Zeus himself...

BaseballUmp
12-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Shiver me timbers :eek:

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 11:26 PM
That is the king of no class... sitting on the wrong side and cheering for the other team. Unless you are a mental invalid, then it is perfectly acceptable.

BEAST, we may need to look at that exception....

Imagine that...Rocket and BREAST talking about "class". This is a special moment.

garciap77
12-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Imagine that...Rocket and BREAST talking about "class". This is a special moment.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

:p

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:29 PM

Do you think it is classy to sit in the middle of the wrong side and cheer for the other team? That oozes class....wouldn't you say? But let's give him a free ticket since you are a bigger jackwad than him. At least I know how to act in public.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Come pick me up, BEAST. WE have 2 stops to make.

Oh wow. Not only do I have "The Ambiguously Gay Duo" making a road trip to my neighborhood to prepare for...I also need to prepare a "And on the 3rd Day, The Lion Rose from the Grave" Easter Dinner to prepare. So much to do, so little time!!!!

You two are such a hoot!! Last time I witnessed such a comical combination was when Zigfrey and Roy were around!!!

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Oh wow. Not only do I have "The Ambiguously Gay Duo" making a road trip to my neighborhood to prepare for...I also need to prepare a "And on the 3rd Day, The Lion Rose from the Grave" Easter Dinner to prepare. So much to do, so little time!!!!

You two are such a hoot!! Last time I witnessed such a comical combination was when Zigfrey and Roy were around!!!

Get ready for your warning...

Since you fight no class with no class...is this a Michelob night? Old Milwaukee?

DaHop72
12-12-2010, 11:31 PM

You two are such a hoot!! Last time I witnessed such a comical combination was when Zigfrey and Roy were around!!! They are the downlow answer to Laurel and Hardy!!!:p :p

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:34 PM
They are the downlow answer to Laurel and Hardy!!!:p :p

And you and skins4life are the answer to iggy and norant.

BaseballUmp
12-12-2010, 11:35 PM
REGULATORS....Mount Up

garciap77
12-12-2010, 11:35 PM
REGULATORS....Mount Up

LOL

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Do you think it is classy to sit in the middle of the wrong side and cheer for the other team? That oozes class....wouldn't you say? But let's give him a free ticket since you are a bigger jackwad than him. At least I know how to act in public.

Of course I think its classless to do that. I would be pissed. But thats not my point...my point is...you and BREAST suddenly are using the word "class" in your posts!!! I think we have made progress today!!! Now lets finish painting those clowns, you two crazy guys!!!

BEAST
12-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Keep it up Wimbo.

BEAST

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:37 PM
REGULATORS....Mount Up

Regulators! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY)

I am Warren G and BEAST is Nate Dogg...

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Keep it up Wimbo.

BEAST

Sorry BREAST. I'll stop.

Nice boots, by the way.

Rocket
12-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Sorry BREAST. I'll stop.

Nice boots, by the way.

Let's cut you off for the night. 2 Mike's Hard Lemonades is plenty..

BaseballUmp
12-12-2010, 11:40 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa190/ibchatting/2wild.jpg

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 11:41 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa190/ibchatting/2wild.jpg

Rocket and BREAST....sittin' in a tree...

BaseballUmp
12-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Regulators! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY)

I am Warren G and BEAST is Nate Dogg...

lol figured there was something good about you

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I get the idea that Beast is a certified B.A. lol I can vouch for that and he has a linebackers way of thinking. Reminds me of me when I was young. ;)

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Let's cut you off for the night. 2 Mike's Hard Lemonades is plenty.. That made me chuckle. :D

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 11:57 PM
I can vouch for that and he has a linebackers way of thinking. Reminds me of me when I was young. ;)

Well..I'm no linebacker...and I don't even have a linebackers way of thinking. I should re-think my earlier posts.

What I meant to say (regarding the "Zigfrey and Roy" comment) should have been more of "Captain and Tenile" kind of comparison. I hope this sooths the savage BREAST. Last thing I would want to do is piss of an aging wanna-be who just lost the season of his dreams and who lives vicariously through the internet as he throws threats of phyiscal violence around as frequently as he does predictions of obtaining state championships. You didnt get one back then...you aint getting one now.

In other words, BREAST...do what you gotta do. You are a punk, and you live in a punks world. You dont scare me, and you can be sure you aren't the only one on here who knows how to "take care of things". Good luck, Rambo. Just remember...you lost.

BaseballUmp
12-13-2010, 12:01 AM
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad162/Ugaly/Rocky-N-Bullwinkle.jpg

bobcat1
12-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Well..I'm no linebacker...and I don't even have a linebackers way of thinking. I should re-think my earlier posts.

What I meant to say (regarding the "Zigfrey and Roy" comment) should have been more of "Captain and Tenile" kind of comparison. I hope this sooths the savage BREAST. Last thing I would want to do is piss of an aging wanna-be who just lost the season of his dreams and who lives vicariously through the internet as he throws threats of phyiscal violence around as frequently as he does predictions of obtaining state championships. You didnt get one back then...you aint getting one now.

In other words, BREAST...do what you gotta do. You are a punk, and you live in a punks world. You dont scare me, and you can be sure you aren't the only one on here who knows how to "take care of things". Good luck, Rambo. Just remember...you lost. Wimpy, Come on Now! If anyone was riding Wimberley like they are riding Brownwood you would be all up in arms too. Were they over the top, yes. Can't we all just get along?

slpybear the bullfan
12-13-2010, 12:07 AM

BEAST

THIS KIND OF CRAP WILL STOP. AND IT WILL STOP NOW. ONE WARNING, and AFTER 11PM CST on SUNDAY the next posters that want to pick fights will be gone.

For a while.

All you Trash Talkers on both side who either get offended by it or want to fight because the other guy talks trash too... get over it.

(And people wonder why some of US don't "get it?" Trust me, we get smack talk. Its boorish.)