PDA

View Full Version : Rules for feeding crow

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 10:16 AM
In My opinion, if you want to feed crow to a team, You need to be as good or better than that team.
Saying if you lose in round two you cant say anything to a team losing out in the semis.
Especially if you were saying the same things about your team before you lost out.
That would be like me feeding crow to wimberly for losing last night when we didnt even make the playoffs. it just doesnt make since.
On that note all the losers last night have crow to eat and will eat it as needed. I enjoy this site and know that alot of the fun on this site is seeing the ones that talked alot having to eat crow. but its just funny watching people say that about teams that went a lot farther than them.
Thanks to 3adownlow creaters making it possible to vent our thoughts on here and meeting people we would have never had the pleasure of meeting whether in person or online. I.e. LeDAd.
Mornings like this is what its all about
Good luck to all the winners and better luck next year to the ones who came up a little short.

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
In My opinion, if you want to feed crow to a team, You need to be as good or better than that team.
Saying if you lose in round two you cant say anything to a team losing out in the semis.
Especially if you were saying the same things about your team before you lost out.
That would be like me feeding crow to wimberly for losing last night when we didnt even make the playoffs. it just doesnt make since.
On that note all the losers last night have crow to eat and will eat it as needed. I enjoy this site and know that alot of the fun on this site is seeing the ones that talked alot having to eat crow. but its just funny watching people say that about teams that went a lot farther than them.
Thanks to 3adownlow creaters making it possible to vent our thoughts on here and meeting people we would have never had the pleasure of meeting whether in person or online. I.e. LeDAd.
Mornings like this is what its all about
Good luck to all the winners and better luck next year to the ones who came up a little short.

I disagree. Rocket showed no respect to any team BW played all year long. NONE. Give it to him.

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Heck, I think even a few college supporters can feed crow. I think they said they could of beat a college team in some of their post's.

44INAROW
12-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
I disagree. Rocket showed no respect to any team BW played all year long. NONE. Give it to him.

;)

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Heck, I think even a few college supporters can feed crow. I think they said they could of beat a college team in some of their post's. There probably are some college teams they could beat as well as carthage, henderson, alvarado and many others

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 10:28 AM
let the teams that are still playing and or beat them out feed the crow because coming from someone who number 1 didnt play them or 2 lost to them makes no sense.
Yes a lot of talk was given out and some crazy predictions something all of us would have done to some extent if we had a team with that kind of talent.

sinton66
12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
let the teams that are still playing and or beat them out feed the crow because coming from someone who number 1 didnt play them or 2 lost to them makes no sense.
Yes a lot of talk was given out and some crazy predictions something all of us would have done to some extent if we had a team with that kind of talent.

No, very few would have gone to the extent that some of theirs did. Those that did have it coming, and I'm sure there are plenty on here willing to serve it up. I plan on sitting back and just watching the show (within reason).

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 10:33 AM
It's my opinion that if crap was talked about a team, whether they were playing or not, whether they played said team or not, those supporters have every right to shovel it back. Just saying... :)

ctown
12-11-2010, 10:36 AM
There probably are some college teams they could beat as well as carthage, henderson, alvarado and many others

????? were you trying to say brownwood could beat carthage???? wack. We'll all feed Bwood crow until their entrails become extrails.

GrTigers6
Originally posted by sinton66
No, very few would have gone to the extent that some of theirs did. Those that did have it coming, and I'm sure there are plenty on here willing to serve it up. I plan on sitting back and just watching the show (within reason). Yes alot of them deserve it including myself. however the only ones that have standing on feeding are carthage, who beat them. In my opinion. I know its gonna happen and I will watch sit back and watch as well, but just wanted to give my two cents worth and see if I was alone in my thoughts. So far I guess so. :D

wimbo_pro
No, very few would have gone to the extent that some of theirs did. Those that did have it coming, and I'm sure there are plenty on here willing to serve it up. I plan on sitting back and just watching the show (within reason).

There were only one or two BW posters who railed against the crap and disrespect Rocket showed every team in 3A (in the name of Brownwood by the way...and also notice I am not bowing my head anymore), so they need to take their lumps along with Rocket. But they know its not directed at them...and CERTAINLY not directed at their boys or coaches. But we all know many of Rockets posts WERE aimed at the players and coaches...so just let it flow for a while.

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by ctown
????? were you trying to say brownwood could beat carthage???? wack. We'll all feed Bwood crow until their entrails become extrails. No I was saying those teams could have beat some college teams as well

Eagle 1
12-11-2010, 10:37 AM
I disagree.
The only rules for engagement apply towards the team, the coaches, or fans who did NOT provoke this.
All others, ESPECIALLY ROCKET, are fair game!
Fire away.

Now what was that Rocket said about shoving so much crow down their throat until they fart feathers? :D
Open wide Rocket!

DaHop72
12-11-2010, 10:39 AM
I disagree. Rocket showed no respect to any team BW played all year long. NONE. Give it to him. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I disagree.
The only rules for engagement apply towards the team, the coaches, or fans who did NOT provoke this.
Fire away.

Now what was that Rocket said about shoving so much crow down their throat until they fart feathers? :D
Open wide Rocket!

LOL. You;ll be able to use Rocket as a feather duster when we are done:)

DaHop72
12-11-2010, 10:40 AM
No, very few would have gone to the extent that some of theirs did. Those that did have it coming, and I'm sure there are plenty on here willing to serve it up. I plan on sitting back and just watching the show (within reason). :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's my opinion that if crap was talked about a team, whether they were playing or not, whether they played said team or not, those supporters have every right to shovel it back. Just saying... :) But if the brownwood posters said that we are better than you than they were right unless they are from carthage, coldspring, henderson, chapel hill. Just Saying:D

Eagle 1
12-11-2010, 10:41 AM
LOL. You;ll be able to use Rocket as a feather duster when we are done:)

:D :clap:

steerz2010
12-11-2010, 10:42 AM
crow is crow, anybody can eat it and everyone will at some point and everyone can dish it out when they get the chance to dish it out. So quit make crow rules.

:thinking:

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by steerz2010
crow is crow, anybody can eat it and everyone will at some point and everyone can dish it out when they get the chance to dish it out. So quit make crow rules.

:thinking: Like I have any standing on here to make rules:D

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 10:45 AM
LOL @ crow rules. I think it's called paybacks.;)

And, like they say, paybacks are hell.

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 10:49 AM
My whole point was that a certain poster from a certain town said the same things that brownwood posters did. saying they would win number 9 and went out in the second round. thats what Im saying

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 10:51 AM
But if the brownwood posters said that we are better than you than they were right unless they are from carthage, coldspring, henderson, chapel hill. Just Saying:D
Oh puhleeeeeze! The Lions might very well have been better, possibly & likely probably MUCH better, than my team, but that's no excuse for some of the disrespect that has been shown for the ENTIRE state!

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 10:51 AM
My whole point was that a certain poster from a certain town said the same things that brownwood posters did. saying they would win number 9 and went out in the second round. thats what Im saying Oh and to stir a little feathers.:stirpot:

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Oh puhleeeeeze! The Lions might very well have been better, possibly & likely probably MUCH better, than my team, but that's no excuse for some of the disrespect that has been shown for the ENTIRE state! Your probably right to some degree but a lot of towns have done that, I am not saying that its not deserved just saying it sounds funny coming from someone who wasnt near as good. I am only giving my opinion, like it or not thats all it is. Just wanted to know how others thought about the subject as well. Didnt mean to make any one angry just ruffle some feathers a little. Its all in good fun:D

garciap77
12-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Congratulations to Carthage! Lions you had a great season, nothing to be a shamed of! Ok! I'm ready for my Crow! Can I have some soy sauce with it and a little wine please!:D

And don't forget the chop sticks!!!!:p

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Your probably right to some degree but a lot of towns have done that, I am not saying that its not deserved just saying it sounds funny coming from someone who wasnt near as good. I am only giving my opinion, like it or not thats all it is. Just wanted to know how others thought about the subject as well. Didnt mean to make any one angry just ruffle some feathers a little. Its all in good fun:D
I'm not angry - far from it. :p And I respect your opinion on the dishing out of crow, even though I disagree with it. ;)

garciap77
12-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I disagree.
Fire away.

Open wide Rocket!

:iagree:

LOL

gatordaze
12-11-2010, 11:02 AM
My whole point was that a certain poster from a certain town said the same things that brownwood posters did. saying they would win number 9 and went out in the second round. thats what Im saying

And... who received ever ounce of crow being served this morning. When they start making rules around who can serve crow is when this board will become a ghost town. HS football is great precisely because we can all express our opinions without a bunch of rules.

I am empathetic for the BW team and the fact is only one team ends their season with with smile. It is always devastating. The only ones that deserve any measure of compassion here on the downlow are those Seniors not named Shipley and Longoria that have taken off the pads for the last time. It is truly devastating to look into the faces of those that did not see it coming and had no idea the end of something that has consumed their lives is over. In a way I was fortunate in that I could predict my last HS game years in advance.

Much respect and admiration from me to all the all the Seniors that are hanging up the cleats and get to join us on this side of the line. Its not the same but it isn't all that bad either. Welcome to the peanut gallery. Pick you favorite team and let the opinions fly! You can't be wrong cause it just don't matter!

garciap77
I'm not angry - far from it. :p And I respect your opinion on the dishing out of crow, even though I disagree with it. ;)

LHPM can I have seconds?;)

GrTigers6
I'm not angry - far from it. :p And I respect your opinion on the dishing out of crow, even though I disagree with it. ;) Same here. im not angry with anyone, just curious about the opinions on this subject. if someone like orange machine wants to dish out crow I cant stop it I just think its funny.
Thats what this site is all about, if we didnt dish it out then what fun would this site be:D

50 yard line fan
12-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Someone please start a poll for the proper rules for feeding crow. I just want Lions#1 to be able to vote on something. :D

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by 50 yard line fan
Someone please start a poll for the proper rules for feeding crow. I just want Lions#1 to be able to vote on something. :D
Does he/she have 100 posts yet? :D ;)

grahampaw
12-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Your probably right to some degree but a lot of towns have done that, I am not saying that its not deserved just saying it sounds funny coming from someone who wasnt near as good. I am only giving my opinion, like it or not thats all it is. Just wanted to know how others thought about the subject as well. Didnt mean to make any one angry just ruffle some feathers a little. Its all in good fun:D I know what your saying GR,so I whould like to say good job Lions and Glen Rose stinks and all ways will!!!!!!!!! I fell better now ........... Not really.......... the Lions Stink too..........Rocket to you I say HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
12-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Your probably right to some degree but a lot of towns have done that, I am not saying that its not deserved just saying it sounds funny coming from someone who wasnt near as good. I am only giving my opinion, like it or not thats all it is. Just wanted to know how others thought about the subject as well. Didnt mean to make any one angry just ruffle some feathers a little. Its all in good fun:D

I'll tell you this much, in the 9 years I've been here, I don't remember ANY town's posters going as far as some of this went. You call it "good fun" and I call it disrespectful, mean spirited, obnoxious, and just plain WRONG!

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 11:09 AM
:)

Charlie47
12-11-2010, 11:11 AM
I'll tell you this much, in the 9 years I've been here, I don't remember ANY town's posters going as far as some of this went. You call it "good fun" and I call it disrespectful, mean spirited, obnoxious, and just plain WRONG!

Way to go Sinton66! Well said, very well said!!;) :clap:

ronwx5x
12-11-2010, 11:11 AM

Hear, hear. Since a certain team entered 3A the poking has become sticking!!

grahampaw
12-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
:) At least we only lost by a point right olddog?.......Hey Rocket Ha HA HA !!!!!!!!!! congrats Carthage the real best team not the pretend best team.

GrTigers6
I'll tell you this much, in the 9 years I've been here, I don't remember ANY town's posters going as far as some of this went. You call it "good fun" and I call it disrespectful, mean spirited, obnoxious, and just plain WRONG! Yes a select few do go way overboard including myself at times. like I said before i am not arguing with anyone just giving my opinion, whiich isnt worth a whole lot.

LH Panther Mom
Originally posted by oldtownag
:)
Oh my gosh! I just saw your new sig!!!!!! :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I say those teams that didn't go as far as BW has more right to feed crow now. They were the teams totally disrespected as I recall.

Yeah, we were not as good---but, those kids playing have the same right to be respected none the less.

Bullaholic
12-11-2010, 11:19 AM

I agree, 66', and I told Rocket as much online several times. It seems like some posters, probably mainly us older old-school folks, just have a hard time understanding and appreciating when posts like "Your team just sucks",and the like, are posted on another team's post-game thread after a loss. I never did agree with any of that, either.

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah, we were not as good---but, those kids playing have the same right to be respected none the less.
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :clap:

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Well i guess i am extremely out numbered here.:D
well then carry on and remember carthage if you dont win it all next week then it will be dished out to you as well.:D

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh my gosh! I just saw your new sig!!!!!! :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

I think I will leave it a couple of days. Hopefully, we get our signature win next week.

Go DAWGS!

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 11:25 AM
well then carry on and remember carthage if you dont win it all next week then it will be dished out to you as well.:D

Not so sure they will be dished on very much...I dont recall them being out-of-bounds with their smack talk. Well...maybe on or two times!

gatordaze
12-11-2010, 11:25 AM

That is an absolute fact!

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Not so sure they will be dished on very much...I dont recall them being out-of-bounds with their smack talk. Well...maybe on or two times! did you not read the 2600 post thread.:D
yes there was some smack talk but not as much as bwood did.
But if it wasnt for smack talk what would we talk about on here.

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Not so sure they will be dished on very much...I dont recall them being out-of-bounds with their smack talk. Well...maybe on or two times!

More importantly, they are the defending 2 time champ. Even if they did dish it out sometimes, they earned the right. But, never seen them be as rude to an opponent's faithful, as rocket.

GrTigers6
12-11-2010, 11:32 AM
More importantly, they are the defending 2 time champ. Even if they did dish it out sometimes, they earned the right. But, never seen them be as rude to an opponent's faithful, as rocket. no they werent, NOT Defending rocket at all, but I wish we had a lot more fans that had the passion for our team that rocket, beast, looking4number8, trashman and all the other brownwood posters have for their team.

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 11:33 AM
More importantly, they are the defending 2 time champ. Even if they did dish it out sometimes, they earned the right. But, never seen them be as rude to an opponent's faithful, as rocket.

Sometimes it is hard to maintain composure when you are under fire. Disrespectful smack talk to BW posters does not count against you.

GoogleBrain
12-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm glad Carthage; or most teams for that matter; don't have fans as ridiculously obnoxious and disrespectful as some of the Brownwood posters.
Being a fan and being passionate about your team is one thing.
Getting on a message board and spouting your mouth off is embarassing. I'm sure several Brownwood posters are ashamed of some of the memebers they have on here.
Thank you Carthage for shutting them up!!!