PDA

View Full Version : Best Play from the Bwood/Carthage Game

The One
12-11-2010, 01:51 AM
There was so many exciting plays and things that happened in this game.. Driving home my friend and I talked and tried to remember the great ones.. What were yours? Some of mine that stick out:

1. The Carthage onside kick was a spectacular call at that point and maybe the best onside kick I have see.. I think it faked out everyone in the stadium.

2. How about the Brownwood 4th down measurement in the 4th qtr.. Has there ever been so much suspense and a measurement take so long? I think they were sticking a credit card in between the ball and the stick. I wish I could have seen how close that actually was..

3. The catch that Shipley made over the middle on the last drive to pickup the first down on 3rd and forever was very impressive. They should call him glue hands.

Emerson1
12-11-2010, 02:05 AM
The Carthage throwback to the QB that they got absolutely SCREWED on only to follow it up with a great pass to the endzone.

SintonFan
12-11-2010, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by The One
There was so many exciting plays and things that happened in this game.. Driving home my friend and I talked and tried to remember the great ones.. What were yours? Some of mine that stick out:

1. The Carthage onside kick was a spectacular call at that point and maybe the best onside kick I have see.. I think it faked out everyone in the stadium.

2. How about the Brownwood 4th down measurement in the 4th qtr.. Has there ever been so much suspense and a measurement take so long? I think they were sticking a credit card in between the ball and the stick. I wish I could have seen how close that actually was..

3. The catch that Shipley made over the middle on the last drive to pickup the first down on 3rd and forever was very impressive. They should call him glue hands.

Makes me wish I was there!:clap: :cool:

alaskacat
12-11-2010, 02:10 AM
I agree with that one I was sitting on the Carthadge side, and that throwback was not forward.

Then to come right back in the corner of the end zone on the next play for like 45 yards, was cool..But the 4th and a centimeter, and converted it. The 4th and 4 from there own 30

It was one super game.

Now that should shut Rockets mouth.

I told him along time ago, Carthage would kick their ass.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 02:37 AM
The best plays were two...Holland left...Holland right..rinse and repeast

alaskacat
12-11-2010, 02:41 AM
Hunter Holland finished up with 306 yards rushing

GR Tiger_14
12-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The best plays were two...Holland left...Holland right..rinse and repeast

First play I watched Holland get the ball, I looked at my friend and said that's the workhorse for Carthage. I was very impressed with the QB from Carthage. He was small but had a cannon for an arm, and the accuracy.....wow. Brownwood should have also taken some pointers from Carthage by not kicking to deadly returners. I don't think Shipley got the ball on kick offs and punts that much but BW was kicking it to that Carthage returner and he was gettin some yardage pacman style....WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA:D

GR Tiger_14
12-11-2010, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by The One

Ummm....wasn't really an onside kick. They just brought everybody in between the hashes like they would until whistle blows, but they left one guy standing by the sideline and POOCHED the kick to that side and he went and got it. We used to do plays just like that but for punt teams or trick 4th down plays.

BEAST
12-11-2010, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
I agree with that one I was sitting on the Carthadge side, and that throwback was not forward.

Then to come right back in the corner of the end zone on the next play for like 45 yards, was cool..But the 4th and a centimeter, and converted it. The 4th and 4 from there own 30

It was one super game.

Carthage didn't kick Brownwoods ass. It was a battle to the very last play.

BEAST

DU_stud04
12-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The Carthage throwback to the QB that they got absolutely SCREWED on only to follow it up with a great pass to the endzone. i dont see how they got screwed on the throwback... but the next play was a good pass/catch.

DDBooger
12-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Carthage didn't kick Brownwoods ass. It was a battle to the very last play.

BEAST LoL I notice a lot of people NOT from Carthage trying to feed you all crow. Vicarious living lol. Sounds like it was a good game, 35-28. Congrats on a good one BW fans, Good luck next week Carthage.

BEAST
12-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
LoL I notice a lot of people NOT from Carthage trying to feed you all crow. Vicarious living lol. Sounds like it was a good game, 35-28. Congrats on a good one BW fans, Good luck next week Carthage.

Exactly

BEAST

Pawdaddy
12-11-2010, 03:45 AM
Actually, I made the best play as I walked out of the stadium. This guy, in a Celina sweatshirt, walking beside me said, "Maybe that will shut that Brownwood bunch up!" I told him it was good to hear someone rather than Celina talking! Great game Lions!

gatordaze
12-11-2010, 08:39 AM
LoL I notice a lot of people NOT from Carthage trying to feed you all crow. Vicarious living lol. Sounds like it was a good game, 35-28. Congrats on a good one BW fans, Good luck next week Carthage.

There were probably close to 100 people there from Celina. Some pulling for Carthage some for Brownwood. Brownwood was the immediate threat to the Celina dynasty records and many wanted them to lose.

Some wanted Carthage's 3peat chances to disappear, but Celina's 4 in a row is still a bunch of games away.

We came out in mass a few years ago when SLC was approaching the 68 game steak record and watched them fall to Miami NW.

Celina fans have a lot to be proud of and we expect and enjoy great football. Celina did not get it done this season and these two teams have earned the admiration of every Celina fan that I spoke with last night. I did not hear from anyone that thought Celina could have beat either of them.

As for Crow. Every fan of every team that the Brownwood loudmouths disrespected on the season, particularly the ones that they proved nothing to on the field, have ever right to feed the crow.

I was respectful as I sat on the Brownwood side and watched the dejected faces and heard the comments about being out coached. As I smiled inside, I reflected on all of the comments made here the week Celina's season ended. I don't recall one Brownwood poster saying great season Celina. I do recall a a lot of comments about how Celina is done and won't win another until they drop to 2A. So for that, I hope the crow lasts until September. Football karma is a biznitch. I enjoyed last night almost as much as a Celina win!

(7.5>7)

DDBooger
12-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
There were probably close to 100 people there from Celina. Some pulling for Carthage some for Brownwood. Brownwood was the immediate threat to the Celina dynasty records and many wanted them to lose.

Some wanted Carthage's 3peat chances to disappear, but Celina's 4 in a row is still a bunch of games away.

We came out in mass a few years ago when SLC was approaching the 68 game steak record and watched them fall to Miami NW.

Celina fans have a lot to be proud of and we expect and enjoy great football. Celina did not get it done this season and these two teams have earned the admiration of every Celina fan that I spoke with last night. I did not hear from anyone that thought Celina could have beat either of them. What on earth did that have to do with what I typed? I wasn't even talking about Celina. My gosh, they really did get to you all.

As for Crow. Every fan of every team that the Brownwood loudmouths disrespected on the season, particularly the ones that they proved nothing to on the field, have ever right to feed the crow. Not really, only one team has anything over them. And BW played that team down to the last second. The same team who came in 1st in a district where the 3rd place team won the state championship. That team was in Division 1 I believe. It would appear BW was every bit as good as people believed, just not as good as some of their own supporters had hoped.

I enjoyed last night almost as much as a Celina win!
Well, I guess that's a commentary about the kind of person you are. Good or bad, makes no difference to me.

ctown
12-11-2010, 09:08 AM
If Bwood won number 8, you know as well as anyone that they would have had a party with posts about our co-championship being a half win and how they would be the kings of Texas football tradition. We will agree that the Lions were a great team this year but as so many people like Rocket are fond of saying, it's a football board for fans to promote their teams. Well, Celina has a lot to promote. 8 or 7.5 is still >7. Since it was questioned earlier this year, we will now absolutely affirm our continued position at the top of the win heap. You can call it hollow but most Celina folks have dark orange tint on their glasses and will take every opportunity to fire back at the peeps who fire at us. And the Woodies have fired alot of shots this year.

LH_Tuff
12-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by ctown
If Bwood won number 8, you know as well as anyone that they would have had a party with posts about our co-championship being a half win and how they would be the kings of Texas football tradition. We will agree that the Lions were a great team this year but as so many people like Rocket are fond of saying, it's a football board for fans to promote their teams. Well, Celina has a lot to promote. 8 or 7.5 is still >7. Since it was questioned earlier this year, we will now absolutely affirm our continued position at the top of the win heap. You can call it hollow but most Celina folks have dark orange tint on their glasses and will take every opportunity to fire back at the peeps who fire at us. And the Woodies have fired alot of shots this year.

Give it a break. Yeah, Celina has won 8 SC's. We all know that. Believe me, we ALL know that. Why are we reading about Celina? Good luck next year.

lostaussie
12-11-2010, 09:14 AM
the best play of the game.............the LAST ONE:D

steerz2010
12-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Come on everyone, good grief, if they played the game again today Brownwood could win, it was a great game between two great teams that are pretty evenly matched, best of seven would be a 4-3 split with either one winning.

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 09:50 AM
All I know is BW is tied for the 3rd best team in 3A football this year....with Wimberely. Close game, not a close game, bad officiating, injuries (really? spare me the details...we STILL had 3 starters in street clothes...we lost NINE over the season). Regardless of the score, it was a loss. My heart goes out to almost every single BW fan...Lord knows I know how it feels. I still feel a little sick inside. I can't believe its over!!!

But...anyone on here expecting ONLY mercy and classy posts of "butt slapping" and "atta boy" to BW the day after the loss is going to be disappointed. Especially after what Rocket has said about Celina and other teams. I think a few days of shoving it in Rockets face is warranted, though I wont do it with such anger...maybe a little jab or two!!!

To the rest of you BW fans....good season. I am sitting here hurting too, so I feel your pain!!!

Looking4number8
12-11-2010, 09:57 AM
I will tell you the worst play of the game. We had to sit right behind the only two dorky teenagers in the 2nd level. They stood up at every play. I for one never bitch at the people in front of us for standing and supporting your team as they paid their 8 bucks too and are allowed to enjoy the game their way. However I do have one request... If you are gonna jump up before every play, wear a freaking belt. We saw enough skinny boy butt crack last night to last us a lifetime and a half!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
We saw enough skinny boy butt crack last night to last us a lifetime and a half!!!!

LOOLOL...wow...thats an ugly picture!!! Sorry for the loss, my friend. I am there with you in licking my wounds today. Nothing to hang your head over...but a day to recover is OK.

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 10:04 AM
The Carthage throwback to the QB that they got absolutely SCREWED on only to follow it up with a great pass to the endzone. I was sitting on the 45 yard line up as high as you can get and both passes were laterals and the pass was a good TD and they got screwed for sure. The play after it was amazing.

The Shipley catch over the middle on 3rd and 24 was great but blown coverage. The sack of Brown to make it 3rd and 24 was another great play. #7 for Brownwood made a heck of a block on a corner for Brownwood's 4th TD also.

There were so many great plays but the Line of Carthage gets the game ball.

gatordaze
12-11-2010, 10:10 AM
What on earth did that have to do with what I typed? I wasn't even talking about Celina. My gosh, they really did get to you all.

Not really, only one team has anything over them. And BW played that team down to the last second. The same team who came in 1st in a district where the 3rd place team won the state championship. That team was in Division 1 I believe. It would appear BW was every bit as good as people believed, just not as good as some of their own supporters had hoped.

Well, I guess that's a commentary about the kind of person you are. Good or bad, makes no difference to me.

Frank,

Your right it really was not directed at your comment as much as that of Pawdaddy when he brought Celina into this thread that was not about Celina. I apologize for blending them together into a common sentiment.

Your response to my post however does warrant a direct response. It does seem that many posts at some point come around to including Celina. I am always amazed at how that happens and keep a mindful eye to who is responsible. I have RARELY seen anyone other than the one or two shock value oriented Celina fans ever high-jack a thread. It is almost always a fairly disrespectful comment that has little or nothing to do with the original topic.

Many Celina fans including myself are guilty of failing to ignore such comments. As for the kind of "person" I am you don't know me nor do I know you and probably best that it stay that way because you probably would not care for me and my world views any more than I would care for yours. (How is that pres working out for you?).

The common thing that I assume that we share is an interest in HS football. I did not choose to go watch the D1 championship because my boys have had zero connection with either team. Celina has several significant connections to both Carthage, based upon Celina's last State Championship appearance and Brownwood based upon the State Record for championships.

I guess you might not understand that being a generic fan from out of state but I suspect most people from tradition filled programs will always interject when their programs name are brought up in a negative light.

If anyone is has really been gotten to, well...

DDBooger
12-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Frank,

Your right it really was not directed at your comment as much as that of Pawdaddy when he brought Celina into this thread that was not about Celina. I apologize for blending them together into a common sentiment. Okay. Guess we're on a first name basis. Kindly share yours with me since I won't go looking for yours. It will give this conversation a person to person feeling. :)

Your response to my post however does warrant a direct response. It does seem that many posts at some point come around to including Celina. I am always amazed at how that happens and keep a mindful eye to who is responsible. I have RARELY seen anyone other than the one or two shock value oriented Celina fans ever high-jack a thread. It is almost always a fairly disrespectful comment that has little or nothing to do with the original topic. What are you trying to do here? And what does this have to do with me? Is this some form of justification? I neither asked for it or necessitated it. Getting off point again, you're explaining something to me that I see everyday. What it has to do with Celina and what I posted I'm still not understanding. Perhaps it's your attempt to obfuscate the whole situation? Who knows. It's humorous.

Many Celina fans including myself are guilty of failing to ignore such comments. As for the kind of "person" I am you don't know me nor do I know you and probably best that it stay that way because you probably would not care for me and my world views any more than I would care for yours. (How is that pres working out for you?).I never thought of bringing political views into this, but I see you felt the need to take them in that direction. Again, what are you trying to do? Your meandering thoughts are quite humorous (Lets just say, no worse than the last did for you);)

The common thing that I assume that we share is an interest in HS football. I did not choose to go watch the D1 championship because my boys have had zero connection with either team. Celina has several significant connections to both Carthage, based upon Celina's last State Championship appearance and Brownwood based upon the State Record for championships.Okay, but again, justification that I neither demanded from you or in my initial post aimed at you. Either you felt it was intended for you or you have some issues of narcissism and/or are egocentric.

I guess you might not understand that being a generic fan from out of state but I suspect most people from tradition filled programs will always interject when their programs name are brought up in a negative light.Generic fan? So according to you because I no longer live in state, I am a generic fan or have no connection to Texas football? That is a highly speculative idea popping in that defensive mind of yours! lol But, as I posted when I spoke of the kind of person you may or may not be, it makes no difference to me.

If anyone is has really been gotten to, well... Yes, it is on full display. Two long drawn out posts defending your actions to someone who didn't aim them at you in his initial post. LOL I'd say we can definitely tell.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat

It was one super game.

Lol go watch the game again, big boy. And who got the hardest licks in? If you wanna go there, give Mr. Holland a call. If he isn't too sore to pick up his phone.

Respect the Brownwood Lions.

DDBooger
12-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Lol go watch the game again, big boy. And who got the hardest licks in? If you wanna go there, give Mr. Holland a call. If he isn't too sore to pick up his phone.

Respect the Brownwood Lions. Did he just run through players for the 300+ yards he had? I know one thing. His legs are sore. What a game. As far as individual efforts, Holland and Shipley were phenomenal.

Super_R
12-11-2010, 03:26 PM

Respect the game!

lostaussie
12-11-2010, 03:35 PM
This made me LMAO. Your DB's didn't want none of this load. He may not answer his phone but it probably because he's to tired from all the jogging he did last night:D

lulu
12-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The best plays were two...Holland left...Holland right..rinse and repeast that's funny

Rocket
12-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
This made me LMAO. Your DB's didn't want none of this load. He may not answer his phone but it probably because he's to tired from all the jogging he did last night:D

We heard from the Holland Camp. Longoria lit that boy up. Holland is a hard-nosed RB. Great vision, good angles, and falls forward. But he is feeling it this morning. Taking nothing away from his performance at all. Awesome game.

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 04:46 PM
We heard from the Holland Camp. Longoria lit that boy up. Holland is a hard-nosed RB. Great vision, good angles, and falls forward. But he is feeling it this morning. Taking nothing away from his performance at all. Awesome game.

I imagine the thought of playing at Cowboys Stadium for a 3rd straight championship lessens the pain considerably. I also imagine some of the BW players are "feeling it" too.

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Football karma is a biznitch. I enjoyed last night almost as much as a Celina win!

(7.5>7) LOL

You almost can't help but smile when Brownwood goes down.

"rule the air, rule the world"...... :doh:

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
All I know is BW is tied for the 3rd best team in 3A football this year....with Wimberely. How do you figure?

I've seen Wimberley and CH and WC.

WC would go toe to toe with Wimberley... CH would beat Wimberley about like Coldspring did, and I imagine Henderson would do more than that....

I guess it's fair to say they're the third best in Div 2.... but let's not go so far as to say 3rd best in 3A football. :hand:

alaskacat
12-12-2010, 01:21 AM

Hmmm I would suggest looking at the scoreboard,last check BW lost =ass whipping.

I think Mr Shipley might need a bit of Ben Gay and ice this morning also.

rolldawgs
12-12-2010, 03:02 AM
LOTS of great plays, hard hits, and super effort to pick from. I would repeatedly say "wow" under my breath after witnessing each one.

For biggest "wow", I have to give it up to Mr. Shipley. The 3rd and 24+ conversion catch was one of the best I've seen at ANY level. The fact that it followed a big sack just added to the drama.

I also thought that the Carthage TD pass that was disallowed was a perfectly fine lateral to Morgan before he threw the strike to the end zone. But for Morgan to throw the perfect bomb for the score on the very next play...."wow"

Several/many of Hunter Hollond's runs..."wow"

Longoria's collisions with Hunter; one in particular - "wow"

Kendall Thompson's collisions with any number of Lions - "wow"

Congratulations to Brownwood on a great game and great season.
You truly did have a very special team this year, and they played with obvious poise and heart, but Carthage has been blessed with a "perfect storm" of discipline, athleticism, and heart for three straight years now, and I'm stilled "wowed" by it every time.

BLACK ATTACK
12-12-2010, 04:21 AM

Why? They are done. Just like your big, no clue, mouth!

#1 TEXAN
12-12-2010, 05:28 AM
Holland knows who #25 is, I promise you that.

buckeyebob
12-12-2010, 06:55 AM

You are forgetting about the Deficit Points...the wood was gonna put 50+ on the Bulldogs, so in fact, they lost by a bunch...was not even close.

buckeyebob
12-12-2010, 07:02 AM

Celina fans have a lot to be proud of and we expect and enjoy great football. Celina did not get it done this season and these two teams have earned the admiration of every Celina fan that I spoke with last night. I did not hear from anyone that thought Celina could have beat either of them.
As for Crow. Every fan of every team that the Brownwood loudmouths disrespected on the season, particularly the ones that they proved nothing to on the field, have ever right to feed the crow.

I was respectful as I sat on the Brownwood side and watched the dejected faces and heard the comments about being out coached. As I smiled inside, I reflected on all of the comments made here the week Celina's season ended. I don't recall one Brownwood poster saying great season Celina. I do recall a a lot of comments about how Celina is done and won't win another until they drop to 2A. So for that, I hope the crow lasts until September. Football karma is a biznitch. I enjoyed last night almost as much as a Celina win!

(7.5>7)
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-taunt010.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/giggle.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-taunt010.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

buckeyebob
12-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by steerz2010
Come on everyone, good grief, if they played the game again today Brownwood could win, it was a great game between two great teams that are pretty evenly matched, best of seven would be a 4-3 split with either one winning.

Woulda...Coulda...Shoulda...but they did notta...
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12075/CatParty.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
How do you figure?

I've seen Wimberley and CH and WC.

WC would go toe to toe with Wimberley... CH would beat Wimberley about like Coldspring did, and I imagine Henderson would do more than that....

I guess it's fair to say they're the third best in Div 2.... but let's not go so far as to say 3rd best in 3A football. :hand:
It's simple math. Teams that end up on the short end of the scoreboard in the semis are, in essence, "3rd place" for their division. :doh:

Saggy Aggie
12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's simple math. Teams that end up on the short end of the scoreboard in the semis are, in essence, "3rd place" for their division. :doh: Only thing is..... he said "in 3A football" not "in our division."

That was the exact point of my post. Had he said in division II, I would have gladly let that slide, but he didn't. Reading comprehension is a great tool.

garciap77
12-12-2010, 05:59 PM
The Carthage throwback to the QB that they got absolutely SCREWED on only to follow it up with a great pass to the endzone.

Here is that play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ls4_IHLO8

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Here is that play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ls4_IHLO8

Hey! I think I recognize that "Yes! Yes! Woooooo!". :eek: :D

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Here is that play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ls4_IHLO8 Awesome play call and great play. Too bad it was called back. But long term it did not matter after the next incredible play. Roll tape if you got it Garcia!

pirate4state
12-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Here is that play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ls4_IHLO8 LMAO @ injured

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 06:14 PM
I think there was a couple of plays that just killed Brownwood and they both were untimely long returns after Brownwood scored. Both owned by Claiborne #2 of Carthage. He didn't score but he allowed Carthage great field position right before they half with very little time remaining that made it a 7 point difference at the half. Not coincidentally Carthage won by 7 points.

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LMAO @ injured You recognized that huh? I was busy dodging daggers coming out of that Brownwood lady's eyes. :D

garciap77
12-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Awesome play call and great play. Too bad it was called back. But long term it did not matter after the next incredible play. Roll tape if you got it Garcia!

Here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97B5Y2KrSrY

P.S. I watched play by play of the game video today ....... For the people that think Brownwood was rolled, you are either HATERS or had too many beers before the game! The game went down to the last play! Congrats to Carthage!

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97B5Y2KrSrY

P.S. I watched play by play of the game video today ....... For the people that think Brownwood was rolled, you are either HATERS or had too many beers before the game! The game went down to the last play! Congrats to Carthage! Awesome! Where did you watch the game again. I would love to watch it again. I think I heard me say What a pass over Injured's WOOOOOOOO! :D

garciap77
12-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Awesome! Where did you watch the game again. I would love to watch it again. I think I heard me say What a pass over Injured's WOOOOOOOO! :D

At my house on my video camera!: Need a copy?:)

bobcat1
12-12-2010, 07:24 PM
At my house on my video camera!: Need a copy?:) Absolutely!

injuredinmelee
12-12-2010, 11:01 PM

He may be more sore from hoisting the trophy...