PDA

View Full Version : For All who was there at Bwood vs Carthage

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 12:48 AM
First off it was nice meeting those I met for the first time

I dont care if your a Bwood fan, a Carthage fan or was there just to see a good game...EMBRACE what you saw..two top level teams going blow for blow with some of the best pure football I have seen EVER.

These two teams truly left it all out on the field and not only did that, but did it with execution...this was not a mistake filled game but a game of who would make the final blow..this time it was Carthage but not by much.

I know there will be alot of so and so has to eat crow..and we told u East Texas football was better crap..but step back from that and realize how amazing it was to see two teams full of young men play the game the right way down to the final tick...THAT is what HS football is about..not the fans chest thumping and living thru these kids, but the kids themself having the desire to win and the joy of playing the game itself

Respect that..and respect the outcome and embrace how friggin amazing that game was

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I dont care if your a Bwood fan, a Carthage fan or was there just to see a good game...EMBRACE what you saw..two top level teams going blow for blow with some of the best pure football I have seen EVER.

These two teams truly left it all out on the field and not only did that, but did it with execution...this was not a mistake filled game but a game of who would make the final blow..this time it was Carthage but not by much.

I know there will be alot of so and so has to eat crow..and we told u East Texas football was better crap..but step back from that and realize how amazing it was to see two teams full of young men play the game the right way down to the final tick...THAT is what HS football is about..not the fans chest thumping and living thru these kids, but the kids themself having the desire to win and the joy of playing the game itself

Respect that..and respect the outcome and embrace how friggin amazing that game was I agree. That was a heck of a game which could have gone either way. The TD before the half was crucial. Special Teams and the line play won this game for Carthage, If they played again it might go the other way. Those kids on both sides of the ball got my respect tonight. No crow from me to anyone from Brownwood.

MoveInDad
12-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Thrilling game, really glad I was there... ball on the 5 yd line :02 to tie or win it all...can't ask for more than that. Brownwood fans turned out and were loud and proud... and then stunned. I actually felt their pain...a very tough loss after a great season. Congrats Carthage, sat with your fans and enjoyed the banter, good luck with the 3peat.

Emerson1
12-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Me and Jason were there.

Teams are now 0-4 in the playlets when Jason sits on their side. I hold an 0-3 record.

The One
12-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by The One
Can Brownwood be beat?? Sure its possible.. What will it take? I think it will take a team with a good running game. The one thing I thought Brownwood showed is they had some weaknesses on defense. If they face a good ball control running team that will slow the offensive machine. You wont stop Bwd offensively but you can play keep away.. Bridgeport played Liberty Hill in Waco a couple years ago and they did just that to the Bulls.. 8 - 10 minute drives.. It will be hard to score 60 in a game like that.. You just have to hope you score every possesion or score last... Only time will tell.. Good luck Brownwood!

I guess time finally told tonight! It was obvious tonight that Carthage game plan was Ball control and they did a great job of it. I thought first half they were clearly the better team. 2nd half Brownwood made some great adjustments and started to get some momentum going. In the end Carthages smash mouth ball control style proved to be too much. Really surprised with Carthage's size and speed.. 72 and 80 were hosses. Would have been great to see OT though... Maybe next year!

Hornet Mom 2
12-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Best high school football game I have seen in years. Both teams left it all on the field. Being a Longhorn fan, I'll get to watch Shipley for the next few years...that kid made some unbelievable catches tonight. Congrats Carthage and good luck next week against Coldspring!

AlphaFemale
12-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I agree. That was a heck of a game which could have gone either way. The TD before the half was crucial. Special Teams and the line play won this game for Carthage, If they played again it might go the other way. Those kids on both sides of the ball got my respect tonight. No crow from me to anyone from Brownwood.

It was a great season, and a great game. Good luck to Carthage!

bwdlionfan
12-11-2010, 04:09 AM
That was a hell of a game and glad I was there to witness it. I think these teams could play 10 times and each win 5, tonight just wasn't our night.... 4 yards away

I was REALLY hoping to see a TD and a 2 point attempt. I didn't want to go to OT with Carthage and their rushing game.

I was very impressed with how well coached those Carthage kids were and how they executed. Very good/classy team.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
those that did not see, I dont know if we can truly describe how awesome this game was lol

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Me and Jason were there.

Teams are now 0-4 in the playlets when Jason sits on their side. I hold an 0-3 record.

LOL. The teams playing next Fri/Sat asked that ya'll sit in the endzone, dead center, at Cowboy/Newsome Stadiums.;)

hollywood
12-11-2010, 11:50 AM

Respect that..and respect the outcome and embrace how friggin amazing that game was

Well said. For those that were there, we can attest!

bigwood33
12-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Anyone know how many yards the Carthage RB finished with? Also, I would like to see Shipley's totals for the game if anyone has them. Both of those kids had monster nights!

Great game!

gatordaze
12-11-2010, 12:20 PM
309 for Holland and 184 for Shipley is what I heard

DU_stud04
12-11-2010, 12:20 PM
only saw a few people last night. saw grant at halftime then sweetwaterred around the 4th quarter.

anyone else think the announcer /speakers were a way too loud? i felt he was sitting next to me with a bullhorn yelling in my ear.

steers2
12-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I enjoyed the game very much. All that i can say is that number 14 from Carthage is a beast!

Pendragon13
12-11-2010, 12:35 PM
2 plays made this game one of the all-time greats that I've seen:

Perfectly executed onside kick by Carthage..took everyone by surprise, and not just the people in the stands.:clap:

Jaxon Shipleys long reception at the end of the game under triple coverage. I can't recall ever seeing any other high school player with that kind of body control and concentration.:eek:

This game ranks up there (for me personally) with the Wylie-Prosper semi in 08 that was won by Prosper in double OT and last years Wylie-Lovejoy semi that came down to the last team that scored won the game. I have to give this game top billing though...there were some incredible athletes putting on a show from both teams last night.

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
only saw a few people last night. saw grant at halftime then sweetwaterred around the 4th quarter.

anyone else think the announcer /speakers were a way too loud? i felt he was sitting next to me with a bullhorn yelling in my ear.

DUDE how did we not see each other lol

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Yeah I couldn't hear either band or the Carthage fans when he was talking and we were all the way up at the press box.

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2010, 01:51 PM

Completely agree

DU_stud04
12-11-2010, 02:01 PM
DUDE how did we not see each other lol i was down below around the 50 yard line standing. we were at the very top around the 40 yard line scoreboard side...but my dad didnt like being that high up so we just decided to stand.

lulu
12-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Time management was a key factor in this game. Carthage controlled the game with possession time and the Lions couldn't get much offensive time.

Every time they got the ball they made good work of it for the most part.

Both teams deserve respect and praise.

Carthage coaching staff was on top of things last night. Coach Shipley had to be frustrated to not be able to get offense on the field more.

This is only my opinion folks. Not basing Brownwood or Coach.

lulu
12-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know possession time for each team?

DU_stud04
12-11-2010, 02:40 PM
just watched the replay of the game. awesome to be able to see it twice in less than 24 hours.

lbjacj
12-11-2010, 02:56 PM
just watched the replay of the game. awesome to be able to see it twice in less than 24 hours.

Where???

lulu
12-11-2010, 02:56 PM
just watched the replay of the game. awesome to be able to see it twice in less than 24 hours. Where did you watch it?

lbjacj
12-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Where did you watch it?

Ditto!!

I would love to see it!!

icu812
12-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Definately one of the top 5 games I've seen in person. It was played at a very very high level. Great coaching and playmaking by some great athletes on both teams. Carthage was just a little better at most positions on the field.

To start the 2nd half the clock never started until Brownwood's 2nd down play. I was surprised they never corrected the game clock. They must have been keeping the correct time on the field. Glad that mistake didn't cost Carthage at the end of the game.

Thought the play of the game was Carthage's QB stepping up to avoid the sack and throwing a perfect ball down the sideline for the TD. That play happened after the Carthage TD was taken off the board for the illegal forward pass.

Hats off to the Carthage RB he took a pounding the last 2 games and just kept comming back for more. Great blocking by the O-line.

I've watched Carthage about a half dozen times the past few years and their coaching staff does a great job calling plays.

Shipley was amazing. Much quicker than I thought he'd be. He is the real deal no doubt.