PDA

View Full Version : Carthage 35 Brownwood 28

DirtyDawg
12-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Well I know one thing We all talked trash to each other, hey its Texas Football. I will say one thing and that is as far as I'm concerned this was the Championship game. The Brownwood lions were awesome, and Shipley was something! Good Season guys and you have nothing to be ashamed of! You all are a class act. :clap:

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by DirtyDawg
Well I know one thing We all talked trash to each other, hey its Texas Football. I will say one thing and that is as far as I'm concerned this was the Championship game. The Brownwood lions were awesome, and Shipley was something! Good Season guys and you have nothing to be ashamed of! You all are a class act. :clap:

Yeah, team was class act. Maybe they can teach their posters a thing or two?

I recall someone saying, I hope we don't play so and so again, tired of beating them.

They deserve whatever they get from other 3ADL posters.

GR Tiger_14
12-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Probably best game I have ever witnessed. Carthage 3 peat!!!! But there will be some excuses coming from BW posters. But seriously, a lot of talent on that field tonight.

Rocket>>>:weeping:

Displaced Texan
12-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by GR Tiger_14
Probably best game I have ever witnessed. Carthage 3 peat!!!! But there will be some excuses coming from BW posters. But seriously, a lot of talent on that field tonight.

Rocket>>>:weeping:

I am a Brownwood fan and I have no excuses Carthage appeared to have more beefs with the officals than Brownwood, i.e. clock not starting on numerous occasions.

I just moved back from CA and the wifey is a CA lady through and through and she was speechless after we left the game.

Both teams threw everything out on the field tonight and it was one of the best played games you would ever want to see.

Winners don't make excuses!

As far as Snot guy goes, well you're not worth the energy to type anything about, so I will leave it at that.

Tin Cup
12-11-2010, 12:22 AM
If Brownwood fans make excuses about this loss, they will only discredit what BOTH Carthage and Brownwood did on the field tonight.

navscanmaster
12-11-2010, 12:41 AM
I will say one thing and that is as far as I'm concerned this was the Championship game.

Wow. Be careful with statements like that. Coldspring has surprised everybody this year and is making travel plans out of the forest and up I45 as we speak...

Emerson1
12-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Brownwood charter buses just passed us on i20 goin about 75. Guess they're in a hurry.

pirate4state
12-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Brownwood charter buses just passed us on i20 goin about 75. Guess they're in a hurry. LOL

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
If Brownwood fans make excuses about this loss, they will only discredit what BOTH Carthage and Brownwood did on the field tonight. Exactly!

Emerson1
12-11-2010, 12:49 AM
http://img8.imageshack.us/i/imageunj.jpg/

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
If Brownwood fans make excuses about this loss, they will only discredit what BOTH Carthage and Brownwood did on the field tonight.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 12:51 AM
I will say one thing and that is as far as I'm concerned this was the Championship game.
Well, it wasn't!

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 12:53 AM

Not so much.

waterboy
12-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Wow. Be careful with statements like that. Coldspring has surprised everybody this year and is making travel plans out of the forest and up I45 as we speak...
I agree. NEVER underestimate an opponent, especially this deep! Coldspring will DEFINITELY be in it to win it! I look for another down-to-the-wire 3A classic in the title game. :clap:

j_dog
12-11-2010, 01:03 AM
...I will say one thing and that is as far as I'm concerned this was the Championship game. ....
But it was not the championship game. If Carthage beats Coldspring, then that might be a valid point depending on how much heat Coldspring brings.

But if Coldspring wins, I guess it would be just as valid to say that their game against Wimberly was the "true" Championship game. :confused: :thinking:

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Coldspring is GOOD. Trust me on that one.

GR Tiger_14
12-11-2010, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Displaced Texan
I am a Brownwood fan and I have no excuses Carthage appeared to have more beefs with the officals than Brownwood, i.e. clock not starting on numerous occasions.

I just moved back from CA and the wifey is a CA lady through and through and she was speechless after we left the game.

Both teams threw everything out on the field tonight and it was one of the best played games you would ever want to see.

Winners don't make excuses!

As far as Snot guy goes, well you're not worth the energy to type anything about, so I will leave it at that.

Well they didn't win so they will make excuses:D

Nah that was a great game, I am excited to see this Coldspring team. Sounds like a real cinderella story.

BEAST
12-11-2010, 03:28 AM
After the game, Hollands dad came over to talk to Longoria. I was with Derek when he walked up. He introduced himself and told Derek that he was a bad man. He said not a single TEAM put the hurting on his son the Derek did. He also said that Brownwood was hands down the best, toughest, overall team they had played this year. I hate being on the losing end, but if you didn't see it, there wasn't a loser on the field. A winner yes, but no losers.

BEAST

Looking4number8
12-11-2010, 03:32 AM
I agree with Beast. A play, and inch there and there is a different winner but still no loser. Cathage was as good as advertised and deserved to win. One of the best football games I have seen at any level. Loved the game, hated the ending.

Again, Congrats Carthage, you were a class act and great team.

orange machine
12-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Gotta give the Brownwood fans props y'all had a tons of fans and y'all are very loud.

WOS87
12-11-2010, 03:37 AM
WO-S was picked as a shoe-in to win 3 titles in a row against an unranked Paris team that started the season 0-3 in 1988 yet we lost big time 13-31. Don't count your chickens....

95mustang
12-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Just got home, it was a long drive for sure. I was emotionally drained when I left the stadium. One of the greatest football games I have got to witness. I agree with Beast and Looking also. This game was down to the wire. There were no losers on the field or in the stands tonight. An absolutely amazing effort by both teams. Congrats Carthage you earned the win tonight. Congrats to my Lions on amazing season the ride was awesome!