PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to CARTHAGE...

Tin Cup
12-10-2010, 11:35 PM
As much as it hurts to say it, congrats to Carthage on a great win and a great game. This game was amazing! It was everything any true fan of the game could ask for.

Brownwood took punches and punched back. Carthage took punches and punched back. You can never discredit the heart of a champion, and Carthage has that heart. I wish the outcome was different, but I will always be proud to say I'm a Brownwood Lion. In victory and defeat, it's good to be a Brownwood Lion.

Hats off to both teams for everything they've done and worked for. I have no doubt that most people wanted Brownwood to lose this game because of some of us Brownwood posters and that is fine. You can take your punches at us fans, but please don't in any way discredit what our players and coaches did this season.

God is good all the time, in victory or defeat!!!

lakers
12-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Brownwood just suffered from their own demography.

DaHop72
12-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
As much as it hurts to say it, congrats to Carthage on a great win and a great game. This game was amazing! It was everything any true fan of the game could ask for.

Brownwood took punches and punched back. Carthage took punches and punched back. You can never discredit the heart of a champion, and Carthage has that heart. I wish the outcome was different, but I will always be proud to say I'm a Brownwood Lion. In victory and defeat, it's good to be a Brownwood Lion.

Hats off to both teams for everything they've done and worked for. I have no doubt that most people wanted Brownwood to lose this game because of some of us Brownwood posters and that is fine. You can take your punches at us fans, but please don't in any way discredit what our players and coaches did this season.

God is good all the time, in victory or defeat!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BullBoy
12-10-2010, 11:44 PM
CONGRATS ON THE GREAT SEASON BROWNWOOD!:clap: :clap: :clap:

hookandladder
12-10-2010, 11:48 PM

Brownwood definately had a good team this year but for some fans to come on this board and talk as much crap about how good their team is and how bad they were going to beat you, you knew it would catch up to them. You can say it was all in fun but how does it feel tonight, bet Rocket feels like sh_t.

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2010, 11:49 PM
What a GREAT post! :clap: :)

theville
12-10-2010, 11:53 PM

Class.:clap:

Bullaholic
12-10-2010, 11:55 PM
I know it must have been hard to make your post, Tin Cup, but you took the loss like a man who is still proud of his team, realizes that this was just a game, and respectfull enough to congratulate Carthage for a great, tough win.

The Brownwood Lions are, and I say ARE, not were, an extaordinary team that doesn't come around often, and I am very glad that I got to see them play against the Bulls. Congrats to the Lions for an incredible season of high achievements.

Carthage Bulldogs---you have to be an even more extraordinary team to have beaten a team like the Brownwood Lions and have a shot at a state title 3-peat. You deserve everyone's congratulations and respect for your achievements, also.

:clap: :clap: :clap: for both teams and their coaches.

Yoe_09
12-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Great post. Congrats on the great season. :clap:

Eagle 1
12-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
You can say it was all in fun but how does it feel tonight, bet Rocket feels like sh_t.

bobcat1 says Rocket wont answer his phone. :eek:

Eagle 1
12-10-2010, 11:57 PM

Good post. :clap:
Two great teams left it all on the field....it doesn't get any better than that.

LoboesWT
12-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I know it must have been hard to make your post, Tin Cup, but you took the loss like a man who is still proud of his team, realizes that this was just a game, and respectfull enough to congratulate Carthage for a great, tough win.

The Brownwood Lions are, and I say ARE, not were, an extaordinary team that doesn't come around often, and I am very glad that I got to see them play against the Bulls. Congrats to the Lions for an incredible season of high achievements.

Carthage Bulldogs---you have to be an even more extraordinary team to have beaten a team like the Brownwood Lions and have a shot at a state title 3-peat. You deserve everyone's congratulations and respect for your achievements, also.

Well put, Reality and Life lessons these young men learn from High School football, win or lose, is what it is all about.

hookandladder
12-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

No need to beat a dead horse, Rocket days are over.

DirtyDawg
12-11-2010, 12:03 AM
This is the closest game Carthage has had. I broke a tooth on this one, it was to close for comfort...I have nothing but respect for the Brownwood Lion players, coaches and fans! Congratulations on a fine season!
:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eagle 1
12-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
No need to beat a dead horse, Rocket days are over.

Oh no, not till he is farting feathers!:D

Lion_Addict
12-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Congrats Carthage. Knew it was gonna be a slobber-knocker. Ya'll got the job done, and deserve big props. RB sounded like a complete Buzzsaw!! Good luck on your quest for that title :) .

To our LIONS..... there aren't enuff words to even express what you MEN did for the community and each one of us fans. Your heart & soul, ethic, & commitment to excellence is like no other! Thank you for giving us the absolute pleasure of watching what a true TEAM effort produces on the Football field. Ya'll are without a doubt, the BEST high school football team most of us have ever witnessed watching on Friday nights. Be PROUD....Lord knows the rest of us are!!! Congratulations on such a TERRIFIC season....and best wishes in your futures. The sky is the limit. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! GO LIONS!!!!!!

banderafan
12-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Just noticed Carthage was 12-2 going into tonights game. Who were the losses to?

waterboy
12-11-2010, 12:29 AM

A classy, great post!:clap: No doubt Brownwood was good. We all knew that. Congratulations on a great season! I think there were about 185 teams in the state that would've loved to be where y'all were tonight. There's nothing for the Brownwood team or coaches to hang their heads about. They gave it their all and came up just 4 yards short. It's always tough to lose this late in the season, especially for the seniors, but I have a sneaking suspicion the Lions will be back to try again next year.

skins4life
12-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

DITTO

Tin Cup
12-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Well said Addict. Thank you to every single young man on the team who gave me so many memories I will never forget. Today, and every day, you make us PROUD to be Brownwood Lions!!!

waterboy
12-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by banderafan
Just noticed Carthage was 12-2 going into tonights game. Who were the losses to?
Carthage lost to Chapel Hill, who lost in the 3A DI state title game tonight, and 4A Nacogdoches. They made some changes after those games, got some key players back who were injured, and have been rolling ever since. By the way, they beat the team that won the state title in D1 in district play.

skins4life
12-11-2010, 12:32 AM

Do you blame him??

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 12:34 AM
How bout them Dawgs!

You were not respected by many Brownwood fans. They respect you now.

Congrats on a great season Lions. Shipley was an absolute stud. Now I have to deal with him vs. the Ags for 3 or 4 years.

District of Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cr180t
12-11-2010, 12:36 AM
What a great game. It reminded me of the first time I watch a Rocky movie. When Rocky an Appolo just kept punching away and neither one would go down. Both teams gave all.

waterboy
12-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
How bout them Dawgs!

You were not respected by many Brownwood fans. They respect you now.

Congrats on a great season Lions. Shipley was an absolute stud. Now I have to deal with him vs. the Ags for 3 or 4 years.

District of Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: Way to go, Dawgs!!! One more game!!! I'll take the "District of Doom" for the 3A title sweep, Alex!!!

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 12:41 AM

God is good all the time, in victory or defeat!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"This game was amazing! It was everything any true fan of the game could ask for.":thumbsup: :thumbsup:

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"This game was amazing! It was everything any true fan of the game could ask for.":thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Especially if you were a Dawg fan.

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 12:44 AM
bobcat1 says Rocket wont answer his phone. :eek: He did call me back and was very gracious in defeat. I'll give him that. He's a fan and I respect that in him. I will say one thing though and forgive me for saying it but I now have a clue. :D

bowleghorses
12-11-2010, 01:02 AM
haw haw...fla flap flap...haw haw

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 02:22 AM
i know how it feels,TinCup. Good post...one that shows what you are made of. For all you classy Brownwood posters, tell your boys congrats and the 3A world takes their hat off in salute.

Regarding Rocket....well....<<butt slap>> ...good job, sport.

AlphaFemale
12-11-2010, 04:29 AM
I'm going to be redundant, but still want to add my own CONGRATULATIONS CARTHAGE and wow, what a game! I really could go on and on, but will save that for later on today.

buckeyebob
12-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by banderafan

Nacogdoches & Chapel Hill...and almost the Buckeyes...we were confused on what night to show up for the game...if only we had gotten it right

zebrablue2
12-11-2010, 08:53 AM

Classy post TC. Congrats to both schools on one hell of a Texas high school football game. Thats what it is all about, and both teams are winners in the end. Both gave it their best shot, and that is all that can be asked!! One moves on while the other calls it a season, with many lessons learned.

unclebeebeep
12-11-2010, 08:59 AM
congrats