PDA

View Full Version : Guess Brownwood beat Brownwood

Tx Challenge
12-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Wow.....Eat your crow folks...

waterboy
12-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Like I said earlier in the year, you never know if your region is that strong or that weak until the semis when you start playing other regions in the state. I guess with Brownwood blowing everybody out up until tonight, then falling to another region, my point is made.:cool: Great season, Brownwood. You have nothing to hang your head about. You just ran into a team from the "District of Doom". Now you know why it was called that. With Henderson, the 3rd place team in our district, winning the Division I state championship, and Carthage advancing to the finals for the third year in a row, it just proves that the hype was true. Good luck next year. For the second year in a row there's a real good chance that East Texas will sweep the titles. This time they are in the SAME district!:clap:

Z-RO
12-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Miscues killed the wood. The onside kick, return before halftime, and the offensive pass interference right there are the end.

YTBulldogs
12-10-2010, 11:43 PM
3ADL post's will for sure be reduced.

Eagle 1
12-10-2010, 11:45 PM
If Brownwood would have got blown out by more than 7 points then it would be fair to say that region 1 is weak, but this was possibly one of the best playoff games that will be talked about for years.

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2010, 11:48 PM
It was a great season for the Brownwood Lions!

Pick your poison, Rocket. ;)

Potted Crow:

6 crows
3 bacon slices
stuffing of your choice
1 diced carrot
1 diced onion
chopped parsley
hot water or stock
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup flour
buttered toast

Clean and dress crows; stuff and place them upright in stew-pan on the slices of bacon. Add the carrot, onion and a little parsley, and cover with boiling water or stock.
Cover the pot and let simmer for 2-3 hours, or until tender, adding boiling water or stock when necessary.
Make a sauce of the shortening and flour and 2 cups of the stock remaining in the pan.

Serve each crow on a thin slice of moistened toast, and pour gravy over all.

Crow Pie:

1 crow
stuffing of your choice
salt and pepper
shortening
flour
2 Pie crust mixes
2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside.
Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake)
Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool.
Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place second pie dough crust over top.
Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

waterboy
12-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
If Brownwood would have got blown out by more than 7 points then it would be fair to say that region 1 is weak, but this was possibly one of the best playoff games that will be talked about for years.
No. Almost every poster from Brownwood, especially, thought they were gonna blow out Carthage. Very few of them thought it was going to be close. Those of us in Region 2 knew better. Most of us knew it was going to be close.........so, YES, there's some crow to be eaten. By the way, I've got some really good crow recipes I'm willing to share.:D

:thinking: I'm thinking Rockee is farting feathers about now.:D

BwdLion73
12-11-2010, 12:02 AM
sorry we only made it to the semi's tell mewhere you were at and fire away.:D

Eagle 1
12-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
No. Almost every poster from Brownwood, especially, thought they were gonna blow out Carthage. Very few of them thought it was going to be close. Those of us in Region 2 knew better. Most of us knew it was going to be close.........so, YES, there's some crow to be eaten. By the way, I've got some really good crow recipes I'm willing to share.:D

:thinking: I'm thinking Rockee is farting feathers about now.:D

A seven point victory doesnt make a region weak....no matter how you slice it.
I agree though, rocket should be farting feathers by now. :D

YTBulldogs
12-11-2010, 12:06 AM

LOL at farting feathers. Bet LEDAD is high fiving GOD.

waterboy
12-11-2010, 12:07 AM
I've already eaten enough crow for one season!:D I took my lumps and choked on crow for a couple of weeks. YOUR TURN!!:D

Actually, if you don't go predicting blowouts, which I never do (almost never), the crow portions are a LOT smaller.....;) It's called experience in being humbled!:doh:

waterboy
12-11-2010, 12:11 AM
I can agree with that for the most part with the first part of your post, but the Lions were blowing EVERYBODY out from that region. Carthage struggled at times this season with some of the "middle of the pack" teams in East Texas. I think that says that Region 2 was much stronger than was realized.

Oh, and I definitely agree with the second part of your post!!:D

waterboy
12-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
LOL at farting feathers. Bet LEDAD is high fiving GOD.
AMEN!! I sure do miss LE Dad!!:( He would be having a field day on this board!:dispntd:

Rest in peace, Brother Carl! Tell the Big Man thanks!!

BwdLion73
12-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Fun year ,great season ...good luck Bulldogs.

Tin Cup
12-11-2010, 12:25 AM
I'll take some crow...

but I've got news for some of you folks:

If you think us Brownwood fans will just go away, you have grossly underestimated our love for Brownwood and Brownwood football.

We didn't win tonight, but we fight on another day. Us true fans will always be here, in victory and defeat!

Go Brownwood!!!

cr180t
12-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I'll take some crow...

If you think us Brownwood fans will just go away, you have grossly underestimated our love for Brownwood and Brownwood football.

We didn't win tonight, but we fight on another day. Us true fans will always be here, in victory and defeat!

Go Brownwood!!!

It was the biggest 3A croud I have seen. What a great atmosphere

bowleghorses
12-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Haw Haw...flap flap flap...Haw Haw:D

Tx Challenge
12-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I'll take some crow...

Go Brownwood!!!

Hey, All in fun.....BWD had an awesome season, and are a great team. I like most are shocked....Congrats Carthage! Think you are the real deal! My money is on you guys!

bp80884
12-11-2010, 09:34 AM
OMG, Carthage beat Brownwood plain and simple.

Give them credit. Both offenses were scoring 40 plus points a game and both offenses were held under that total. The defenses played a great game compared to the masses.

Please, no one take any thing away from Carthage, they deserve the win.

YTBulldogs
12-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Why are they shocked Carthage won? Didn't they win it all the prior 2 years?

steerz2010
12-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It was a great season for the Brownwood Lions!

Pick your poison, Rocket. ;)

Potted Crow:

6 crows
3 bacon slices
stuffing of your choice
1 diced carrot
1 diced onion
chopped parsley
hot water or stock
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup flour
buttered toast

Clean and dress crows; stuff and place them upright in stew-pan on the slices of bacon. Add the carrot, onion and a little parsley, and cover with boiling water or stock.
Cover the pot and let simmer for 2-3 hours, or until tender, adding boiling water or stock when necessary.
Make a sauce of the shortening and flour and 2 cups of the stock remaining in the pan.

Serve each crow on a thin slice of moistened toast, and pour gravy over all.

Crow Pie:

1 crow
stuffing of your choice
salt and pepper
shortening
flour
2 Pie crust mixes
2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside.
Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake)
Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool.
Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place second pie dough crust over top.
Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

That actually sounds pretty good...LOL