PDA

View Full Version : rocket...you still love your chances?????

5wide
12-10-2010, 11:27 PM
cockiness is a bi*ch...

squid
12-10-2010, 11:46 PM
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/Default.aspx

BLACK ATTACK
12-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
cockiness is a bi*ch...

Told you the defense was average. 300+ yards rushing!:doh:

Ernest T Bass
12-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Carthage has a DAMNED good OL, and Holland ain't no joke. Many times, he got to the 3rd level untouched, and that Brownwood secondary wanted NO PART of Mr. Holland.

BwdLion73
12-10-2010, 11:53 PM
congrats.

bp80884
12-10-2010, 11:54 PM
So, the question is the 83 Dangerfield team or 2010 Brownwood team?

Just having fun with Rocket. The Lions are awesome. Great season.

Crazy State Final game. Carthage and Cold Spring. Did not call that.

See ya in Arlington!

bobcat1
12-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Carthage has a DAMNED good OL, and Holland ain't no joke. Many times, he got to the 3rd level untouched, and that Brownwood secondary wanted NO PART of Mr. Holland. But for Longoria. Holland was a heck of a back but as you said the O-Line and I'll add the special teams were the diiference in the game I saw.

MoveInDad
12-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
But for Longoria. Holland was a heck of a back but as you said the O-Line and I'll add the special teams were the diiference in the game I saw.
except for the punt teams... we were all just looking at each other shaking out heads when Carthage was going for it on 4th and 8 from their own 40 etc... was that confidence in their offense, or fear of Shipley, I kept thinking it was going to back-fire...

Emerson1
12-11-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm glad they finally pooch kicked it.

JJWalker
12-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Turns out that Brownwood's football program is not even in the same class as Celina.

So the early speculation comparing the Leons to the 83 Tigers was a travesty.

The One
12-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
But for Longoria. Holland was a heck of a back but as you said the O-Line and I'll add the special teams were the diiference in the game I saw.

Originally posted by MoveInDad
except for the punt teams... we were all just looking at each other shaking out heads when Carthage was going for it on 4th and 8 from their own 40 etc... was that confidence in their offense, or fear of Shipley, I kept thinking it was going to back-fire...

They went for 4th down from their own 27 at one time...

I dont think it was either.. I think it was the confidence they had in their defense!

eagles_victory
12-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Turns out that Brownwood's football program is not even in the same class as Celina.

How? Did yall win tonight? Oh yea yall have been playing basketball for 3 weeks why even bring Celina into this?

WOS87
12-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by bp80884
So, the question is the 83 Dabgerfield team or 2010 Brownwood team?

See ya in Arlington!

Defense wins championships.... I know Carthage will be the fave but I have an odd feeling about Coldspring. We have the team that knocked off the #1 AP team vs the team that knocked off the #2 AP team.

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Defense wins championships.... I know Carthage will be the fave but I have an odd feeling about Coldspring

Exactly, WOS87. Coldspring has a good one, I can tell ya that for sure.

injuredinmelee
12-11-2010, 03:13 AM
In pregame warm ups Carthage lined up 3 times to work on punts. Twice snap sailed over kickers head and the third time it skipped to him at 100mph. That has to be a big part of the not punting.

BEAST
12-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Defense wins championships.... I know Carthage will be the fave but I have an odd feeling about Coldspring. We have the team that knocked off the #1 AP team vs the team that knocked off the #2 AP team.

Not a lot of D in this game. Brownwood went 476 and Carthage for 453. Wood 27 first downs. Carthage 26. Holland had 3 bills, Shipley 14 for 184. Hell of a game.

BEAST

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 07:34 AM
So, the question is the 83 Dabgerfield team or 2010 Brownwood team?

Well Carthage lost by 4 to 1983 Daingerfield and beat 2010 Brownwood by 7. That decides it. :)

ctown
12-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
How? Did yall win tonight? Oh yea yall have been playing basketball for 3 weeks why even bring Celina into this?

Saw a couple posts from Celina peeps and the responses were "why are you posting, your team lost a couple weeks ago?" Well, seeing the amount of posting crap dumped on us this year and most years, we'll darn well participate in the board when Celina haters teams choke. We enjoy smack payback as much as anyone else and given the amount of blah, blah, blah we have heard from Brownwood posters about our total championships, we will absolutely participate in the conversation. If Bwood had won the championship, they would have posted it in our faces for years until it changed. So, Celina has 8 Brownwood has 7. Nothing changed. Unless you count the number of AIR TROPHIES Rocket has rattling around in his head...

bp80884
12-11-2010, 08:59 AM
The next time the 83 Dangerfield team will be challenged will be in 2013.

JJWalker
12-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Well ... I am not even from Celina, but it is quite simple.

Brownwood had been comparing themselves to 83 Daingerfield all season ... heck since dropping from 4A to 3A ... the Brownwood fans have been all about how the Leons were this and that.

Well ... since the measly little Celina team moved from 2A to 3A ... they have been to 3 State Championship games ... and have actually won one.

That is a whole different class of program ... it is called "Winners".

This was it for Brownwood ... their biggest and best chance ever ... Unstoppable ... THANK YOU CARTHAGE!

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 11:12 AM

Brownwood had been comparing themselves to 83 Daingerfield all season ... heck since dropping from 4A to 3A ... the Brownwood fans have been all about how the Leons were this and that.

Well ... since the measly little Celina team moved from 2A to 3A ... they have been to 3 State Championship games ... and have actually won one.

This was it for Brownwood ... their biggest and best chance ever ... Unstoppable ... THANK YOU CARTHAGE!

You are quite welcome.

Snotbubbles
12-11-2010, 11:39 AM
So, the question is the 83 Dangerfield team or 2010 Brownwood team?

See ya in Arlington!

The King reigns still. And, it's spelled Daingerfield, 1983.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ctown
Saw a couple posts from Celina peeps and the responses were "why are you posting, your team lost a couple weeks ago?" Well, seeing the amount of posting crap dumped on us this year and most years, we'll darn well participate in the board when Celina haters teams choke. We enjoy smack payback as much as anyone else and given the amount of blah, blah, blah we have heard from Brownwood posters about our total championships, we will absolutely participate in the conversation. If Bwood had won the championship, they would have posted it in our faces for years until it changed. So, Celina has 8 Brownwood has 7. Nothing changed. Unless you count the number of AIR TROPHIES Rocket has rattling around in his head...

Celina WON 7. You have 8.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 11:56 AM
cockiness is a bi*ch...

LOL wow, you got me on that one. Your crow sucks, just like you.

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Celina WON 7. You have 8. And he makes his appearance! :clap:

slpybear the bullfan
12-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Celina WON 7. You have 8.

Pathetic.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Pathetic.

Agreed. Saying you have 8 state championships when you only won 7 is very pathetic.

sinton66
12-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Agreed. Saying you have 8 state championships when you only won 7 is very pathetic.

Do they have eight rings?

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 01:14 PM
If I need to go find the post, I will, but I hope you don't make me! :p

Some time in the past week or so, I was reading one of the umpteen zillion posts from a Brownwood poster. It seems to me that I remember seeing that one of the playoff games during one of Brownwoods' State Championship years was a TIE, with Brownwood advancing on the tie-breaker rules (at the time). So, by YOUR logic, shouldn't that game be thrown out, nullifying that years' championship, which would put you at 6, Celina 7? :nerd: :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Do they have eight rings?
No because none of those guys were able to play in 8 state championship games. ;) I bet they have 8 trophies, though. :)

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Championship is a Championship. Unbelievable!!!

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
You are quite welcome.

what the heck are you stupid.. you did nothing oldtownag.. your football team did it, a great team, and there coaching staff won, not you

Rocket
12-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If I need to go find the post, I will, but I hope you don't make me! :p

Some time in the past week or so, I was reading one of the umpteen zillion posts from a Brownwood poster. It seems to me that I remember seeing that one of the playoff games during one of Brownwoods' State Championship years was a TIE, with Brownwood advancing on the tie-breaker rules (at the time). So, by YOUR logic, shouldn't that game be thrown out, nullifying that years' championship, which would put you at 6, Celina 7? :nerd: :thinking:

You are very slow on the uptake, aren't ya?

Did both teams advance? No. A team was declared the winner based on the stipulations. Not 2 Winners. Nice try. NEXT!!!

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-11-2010, 02:24 PM

The past is over, drop it. we lost so, they lost what 2 weeks ago. but dont you ever infer that our brownwood is a loser. as coach shipley said last night "it hurts because we are winners" this team of boys had a spectacular run, and are going places.. say what you want but this 2010 brownwood lions team is in the books, they are not losers, they are winners for the amount of things they have accomplished this year!

Rocket
12-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by GOONSQUADFOREVA
what the heck are you stupid.. you did nothing oldtownag.. your football team did it, a great team, and there coaching staff won, not you

He knows his team squeaked by...

Rocket
12-11-2010, 02:29 PM

Lol we never started those threads. We gave some thought to it. And our offense was 23 points away from being the best all time in 3A.

You are a good poster. Have a Merry Christmas!

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-11-2010, 02:31 PM

Yeah this was a heck of a game on both parts, had things happened just a little different we easily could have been in overtime, its not something to lower their heads for. Id say we were a equally matched teams. it hurts and in my heart i know they could have beaten them.

MoveInDad
12-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Lol we never started those threads. We gave some thought to it. And our offense was 23 points away from being the best all time in 3A.

Who holds that record?

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 02:36 PM

I was accepting for my team, you little punk. Someone needs to spank your little bottom and send you to bed. Show some respect.

P.S. How is your Saturday going? Hope it was better than your Friday.

hookandladder
12-11-2010, 02:38 PM

I bet you wish your team had squeaked by last night, do I sense some crying. Remember Carthage has back to back State Championships, so 1 point is as good as a 100.

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah this was a heck of a game on both parts, had things happened just a little different we easily could have been in overtime, its not something to lower their heads for. Id say we were a equally matched teams. it hurts and in my heart i know they could have beaten them.

The sting of what could have been last an awful long time.

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I was accepting for my team, you little punk. Someone needs to spank your little bottom and send you to bed. Show some respect.

P.S. How is your Saturday going? Hope it was better than your Friday.

Spank my little bottom, nice.. classy.. hmm yeah it sucks but im am far from ashamed, what the 2010 Brownwood Lions did is something to be proud of. They made my Senior year the best i could ask for.. for your information, i made sure to line up last night wishing the Carthage Bulldogs good luck next week, i will show respect to those who deserve it. the bulldogs did good, i wouldn't say that either team is sooo much better than the other because there not. get a life

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-11-2010, 02:48 PM
The sting of what could have been last an awful long time.
If anyone here is being disrespectful its you.

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Spank my little bottom, nice.. classy.. hmm yeah it sucks but im am far from ashamed, what the 2010 Brownwood Lions did is something to be proud of. They made my Senior year the best i could ask for.. for your information, i made sure to line up last night wishing the Carthage Bulldogs good luck next week, i will show respect to those who deserve it. the bulldogs did good, i wouldn't say that either team is sooo much better than the other because there not. get a life

You are the one that called me stupid. I am sure I have forgotten more than you know. Check my post. Then check yours. You were the one being disrespectful. If you have never uttered the words "we won" after a Brownwood victory then you might have something to complain about.

Brownsville Lions were an awesome team. You might want to fade into obscurity before you tarnish the image.

wimbo_pro
12-11-2010, 03:01 PM

How do you figure THAT? What am I missing here? Best of all time? HUH?

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-11-2010, 03:02 PM
You are the one that called me stupid. I am sure I have forgotten more than you know. Check my post. Then check yours. You were the one being disrespectful. If you have never uttered the words "we won" after a Brownwood victory then you might have something to complain about.

Brownsville Lions were an awesome team. You might want to fade into obscurity before you tarnish the image.

Your right a 3adownlow post will ruin our season. But ok im done.

oldtownag
12-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Your right a 3adownlow post will ruin our season. But ok im done.

Your welcome.

sinton66
12-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Let's tone it down a notch here folks.

Rocket
12-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
How do you figure THAT? What am I missing here? Best of all time? HUH?

Points scored in a season. We were 23 points away. All classifications...

DDBooger
12-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Points scored in a season. We were 23 points away. All classifications... Probably would have been better put as most prolific offense. I think had you all won last night it would have shown that you guys won in spite of your defense. Which wasn't bad, just not the best.

Super_R
12-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Hope and happenings usually aren't equivilant.

Well...how does the Brownwood basketball team look? Does Shipley play basketball to?

ctown
12-11-2010, 03:26 PM

I'd rather win state than hang my hat on being 23 points away from a record like that. Keep looking for the acorn. That's not it.

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
Hope and happenings usually aren't equivilant.

Well...how does the Brownwood basketball team look? Does Shipley play basketball to?

they are looking good, thanks for asking.
no, Shipley doesn't play basketball.
But Brown and Longoria do!

ILOVETHEGOONS!
12-11-2010, 05:02 PM
as coach shipley said last night "it hurts because we are winners" this team of boys had a spectacular run, and are going places.. say what you want but this 2010 brownwood lions team is in the books, they are not losers, they are winners for the amount of things they have accomplished this year!

couldn't have said it better myself.

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2010, 05:19 PM
You are very slow on the uptake, aren't ya?

Did both teams advance? No. A team was declared the winner based on the stipulations. Not 2 Winners. Nice try. NEXT!!!
I know it's been awhile but once you get to the state championship game, there's no advancing. :p I'd bet money that if Brownwood had been in the exact same scenario as Celina when those tie-breaker rules applied, that Gordon Wood or whatever coach was present, would have gladly accepted the trophy. And I'd almost bet money that you'd be bragging about it, which you rightfully should.

DaHop72
12-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Spank my little bottom, nice.. classy.. hmm yeah it sucks but im am far from ashamed, what the 2010 Brownwood Lions did is something to be proud of. They made my Senior year the best i could ask for.. for your information, i made sure to line up last night wishing the Carthage Bulldogs good luck next week, i will show respect to those who deserve it. the bulldogs did good, i wouldn't say that either team is sooo much better than the other because there not. get a life :thinking: :thinking: You weren't the one that threw your helmet 25 yards at the end of the game were you??:thinking:

GOONSQUADFOREVA
12-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: You weren't the one that threw your helmet 25 yards at the end of the game were you??:thinking:

haha um no..

Rocket
12-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I know it's been awhile but once you get to the state championship game, there's no advancing. :p I'd bet money that if Brownwood had been in the exact same scenario as Celina when those tie-breaker rules applied, that Gordon Wood or whatever coach was present, would have gladly accepted the trophy. And I'd almost bet money that you'd be bragging about it, which you rightfully should.

Haha Gordon Wood won games in 3A, not regional Class B. But it's whatever... For argument purposes, it's a paper title. Not a championship that was won. Fact.

I'll argue that til I'm blue in the face or the Second Coming of Wimbo...

BwdLions
12-11-2010, 06:09 PM
cockiness is a bi*ch...

No, you are. :cool:

5wide
12-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
No, you are. :cool:

I didn't say anything but the truth. You'll get over it. Lol

injuredinmelee
12-11-2010, 10:22 PM

This game easily could have been 35-14 at half.

BLACK ATTACK
12-12-2010, 04:01 AM

>>>>>and that meant what? You are a true idiot, and you keep proving it.

sinton66
12-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
This game easily could have been 35-14 at half.

Just can't bring yourself to give Carthage their props, can you?

injuredinmelee
12-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Just can't bring yourself to give Carthage their props, can you?
Carthage should have been leading. They turned the ball over inside bw 20 on two occasions in first half. I sat amongst the Bwood faithful and loudly cheered for Carthage. Carthage was the better team IMO. Bwood was a great team this year. Jaxon Shipley was a beast in this game. He caught some balls that most humans cant get their hands on. He was a beast on bwoods final drive. I give props where props are due just not on here because of the arrogance and cockiness of some of their idiot posters.

sinton66
12-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Sorry about that, quoted the wrong post. That was meant for Rocket.

1st and goal
12-12-2010, 09:41 AM
crow mixed with bitter tears tastes even worse....

Rocket
12-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
crow mixed with bitter tears tastes even worse....

Not really. I get to decide when I've eaten enough crow, not the jackwagons on this site.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Haha Gordon Wood won games in 3A, not regional Class B. But it's whatever... For argument purposes, it's a paper title. Not a championship that was won. Fact.

I'll argue that til I'm blue in the face or the Second Coming of Wimbo...

Of course you will continue to say it, because it is disrespectful to Celina and THEIR accomplishments, and disrespect is what you are all about. It's what you thrive on. Could it be Rocket actually is part of the Brownwood problem?? I mean...30 years??? Really????? And since Rocket ALWAYS says last year doesnt count...and 5 years ago Championships are ancient history...using HIS Logic (funny term)...Brownwood is NOTHING. This is by YOUR comments Rocket...you have said these things.

I dont believe Brownwood is nothing...I have high regards for them as a team, as a town. But when the good people of Brownwood encourage fools like him to define their team on this board, this is what you get.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 10:27 AM
haha um no..

Sorry for your loss, Goonsquad. It's gotta be tough. Are you a senior?

Bullaholic
12-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Not really. I get to decide when I've eaten enough crow, not the jackwagons on this site.

Let me see now--I saw a post on here somewhere about this---yea, here it is---"until crow feathers are sticking out of your butt"....:D

AngeloState39
12-12-2010, 11:54 AM
cockiness is a bi*ch... what a goon, you're clueless.

rykerx144
12-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Of course you will continue to say it, because it is disrespectful to Celina and THEIR accomplishments, and disrespect is what you are all about. It's what you thrive on. Could it be Rocket actually is part of the Brownwood problem?? I mean...30 years??? Really????? And since Rocket ALWAYS says last year doesnt count...and 5 years ago Championships are ancient history...using HIS Logic (funny term)...Brownwood is NOTHING. This is by YOUR comments Rocket...you have said these things.

I dont believe Brownwood is nothing...I have high regards for them as a team, as a town. But when the good people of Brownwood encourage fools like him to define their team on this board, this is what you get. :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

LionFan72
12-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I dont believe Brownwood is nothing...I have high regards for them as a team, as a town. But when the good people of Brownwood encourage fools like him to define their team on this board, this is what you get. [/B]

C'mon now wimbo, you gotta give credit where credit is due, the Brownwood faithful do not meet nor condone anyone, this is a free country with freedom of speech, you are still flirting with danger tieing that pork chop to your ugly sister. And by the way, sorry for loss too, it hurts!

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
C'mon now wimbo, you gotta give credit where credit is due, the Brownwood faithful do not meet nor condone anyone, this is a free country with freedom of speech, you are still flirting with danger tieing that pork chop to your ugly sister. And by the way, sorry for loss too, it hurts!

I do give credit where due. And I found 99% of the BW posters to be great folks.

And yes..the loss hurts. Yours more i would think, seeing it was to the last play of the game. Our was done with 3 minutes to go (some say long before, but we still had a decent chance to pull within 6 had we caught that pass in the end zone). But nonetheless...pain. And leave my sisters outa this!! LOL