PDA

View Full Version : Sterling City v. Richland Springs (DI 6-man state final)

Balcones fault
12-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Meanwhile, in other HS football play-offs.....

My alma mater, Sterling City, is playing in its first-ever-in-history state championship game against the Celina equivalent in 6-man, Richland Springs (excuse the Celina comparison if you're from another 3A/2A powerhouse, I'm just more familiar with them having lived there). SC did have undefeated seasons in '54 and '64 but 8-man football ended at Regional in those days. This is only their third year of playing 6-man after decades of playing 11-man ball with less than 100 enrollment. Now they're at 50.

So, hats off to the fine effort of players, coaches, parents, and the community. Wishing you best of success in your first of hopefully many trips to state. Enjoy the experience. Go Eagles!

Both 6-man state finals are in Abilene (Shotwell Stadium) on Saturday. Garden City, another finalist and defending champion, is 30 miles west of SC.

Louie13
12-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Gonna be another good game.

Congrats to both teams!

Emerson1
12-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Should it be a decent game? I might be there.

What rules are different other then a 75 yard field?

bigwood33
12-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Should it be a decent game? I might be there.

What rules are different other then a 75 yard field?
Everyone is an eligible receiver and they have a mercy rule.

Ranger Mom
12-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Are Sterling City and Garden City in the same district????

We drove through both going and coming home from the Brownwood/Monahans game.....both towns were DEAD!!!!

Do you happen to know anything about the bad accident that happened right outside Sterling City Friday night??

We had to wait for the Medi-Vac helicopter to leave the scene before we could get into Sterling City....I haven't been able to find out anything in the San Angelo or Midland papers!

Old LB
12-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I am pretty sure RS shut out their opponent in the semifinal game.

Jauch
12-10-2010, 01:41 PM
It's an 80 yard field and 40 wide, all are eligible receivers, extra point ( kick is worth 2, and run in is worth 1) 45 point mercy rule at half time. Great fast game to watch.

hollywood
12-10-2010, 03:13 PM
My dad graduated from Richland Springs. Pulling for the Coyotes and Lions to bring home the hard wear! How cool would that be?

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
My dad graduated from Richland Springs. Pulling for the Coyotes and Lions to bring home the hard wear! How cool would that be?

And Goldthwaite!!!!

hollywood
12-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
And Goldthwaite!!!!

Can't forget Goldthwaite!! My uncle actually taught in Goldthwaite for years. Central Texas is good.