PDA

View Full Version : Somerset Hs Basketball

x-factor
12-09-2010, 04:56 PM
FOR BEING A REGIONAL FINALIST LAST YEAR AND HAVING THE CORE GUYS COMING BACK LOOKS LIKE A SLOW START INTO THE SEASON? ANY WORD IF PLAYERS ARE MISSING OR INJURED

Ranger Mom
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
You are very brave!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

scrub c
12-09-2010, 08:28 PM
geez... good run in football will do that to the hoops program.

LoboesWT
12-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Basketball.......You brought up Basketball.............Ya Jackwagon:D

NastySlot
12-09-2010, 11:28 PM
from what I hear they have height and have a rep for subing in groups and press.

bigwood33
12-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
from what I hear they have height and have a rep for subing in groups and press.
When they aren't pressing, they like to slow it down and when their height isn't in the game, they play small ball. Also, when they aren't shooting the 3 ball, they like to work it inside. Defensively, they like to either run a man to man or a zone....but never at the same time. That's just what I hear.

NastySlot
12-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
When they aren't pressing, they like to slow it down and when their height isn't in the game, they play small ball. Also, when they aren't shooting the 3 ball, they like to work it inside. Defensively, they like to either run a man to man or a zone....but never at the same time. That's just what I hear.

sounds like a well rounded team that has all phases covered....must be great over there...they can't help but to find themselves in Austin come March.

Red&White_9x5
12-10-2010, 12:50 PM
More important question.... Why is this being discussed while the football playoffs are still in full swing?????

NastySlot
12-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
More important question.... Why is this being discussed while the football playoffs are still in full swing?????

full swing?....more like winding down.

jp744
12-10-2010, 05:28 PM
DAWGS Won today both games in OT in Canyon Lake Tournament. Yes they are off to a slow start but the football players are starting to get their legs, shooting and play the way they know how. They have played some really tough people not one 3A team all 4a's except the Atonement? But they can play every type of game. Coach Penna does a good job of that. We will find out these next couple of weeks who they are as they play some really tough opponents in Canyon Lake tourn and Alamo Heights, Sam Houston come to the DAWG House. Not an easy place to play and win BLEACHER CREATURES MAKE IT TOUGH. Then district starts with Devine.

jp744
12-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Because we are out of the play offs and it sucks

44INAROW
12-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
full swing?....more like winding down.
no joke - and I welcomed a new subject myself :p

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
no joke - and I welcomed a new subject myself :p
For real!!!! :)

Glad to have you on here, x-factor! :)