PDA

View Full Version : Sideline To Sideline Preview Show

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
IS now up

we talk of coure the games this week with our picks and answer a few questions

enjoy and SPREAD THE WORD

http://www.meridix.com/mbp/archive/radio/index.php?liveid=sportsgram8&recordid=15848

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Let us know thoughts on show and our picks

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Listening right now. Good Stuff for sure.:clap: :clap: :clap:

bwdlionfan
12-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Also listening now

Great so far

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Is this Carthage line as quick and physical as the 2008 and 2009 teams?

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Is this Carthage line as quick and physical as the 2008 and 2009 teams?

not quite..but not to far off

also the WR corp now does not block as well as the 08 group did..VERY underrated how much that group help block on the 2nd level to spring Smith for big runs

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not quite..but not to far off

also the WR corp now does not block as well as the 08 group did..VERY underrated how much that group help block on the 2nd level to spring Smith for big runs Smith did make them look very good. They opened holes you could drive a semi through and Smith hit the hole and was gone. Could be trouble. Is the defensive line for Carthage better than 2008?

RoyceTTU
12-08-2010, 09:51 PM
did he just say "shrinking weenies"
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Very Very Good show Terry and Grant! :clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Were Carthage's two losses really "FLUKES"?

bwdlionfan
12-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Really good show.

Question: You said say 'hi' if we see ya there... I've seen Grant so I'll recognize him... but which side are ya'll sitting on?

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Were Carthage's two losses really "FLUKES"?

did not mean fluke in that they were not earned,...meant A. Does not matter now those loses, Carthage is a different team..B injuries hit them hard early in season

garciap77
12-08-2010, 10:02 PM
did not mean fluke in that they were not earned,...meant A. Does not matter now those loses, Carthage is a different team..B injuries hit them hard early in season

I'm just kidding about the "FLUKES"!:)

Jauch
12-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Amazing show guys, thanks for all you do to get us pumped for the upcoming games, gonna be a nail biter.

eagles_victory
12-08-2010, 10:05 PM
did not mean fluke in that they were not earned,...meant A. Does not matter now those loses, Carthage is a different team..B injuries hit them hard early in season Coach is going to take this personally.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Really good show.

Question: You said say 'hi' if we see ya there... I've seen Grant so I'll recognize him... but which side are ya'll sitting on?

no clue..might in press box

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Coach is going to take this personally.

Well he can on here RIGHT NOW and say something LOL

lbjacj
12-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Great show guys!I like the part where Lambert drives the Texans down for the winning TD in the 4th qtr to win 35-28!!:D :clap:

garciap77
12-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Great show!

oldtownag
12-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Let us know thoughts on show and our picks

Obviously, your pick of BW was wrong. However, the analysis was very good. The game changer for Carthage will be Morgan over the top on play action pass. As you know, he can really throw the long ball.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Obviously, your pick of BW was wrong. However, the analysis was very good. The game changer for Carthage will be Morgan over the top on play action pass. As you know, he can really throw the long ball.

we mention that a bunch lol..all depends on if Holland the Oline force the D up

gold_33
12-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Great show guys, good analysis on the Wim/CS game. I believe Lambert will be on D this week along Smith but I think yall forgot one huge playmaker thats just now getting to full strength and could be a difference maker and thats Brennan Blakemore, also a junior, who was out the first 8 weeks of the season after suffering internal injuries during 2-a-days. He is probably our best receiver and has been playing corner, he is hard to cover and if CS tries to key on the run he will burn them. With Lambert, Smith and Blakemore on D it could really add other level to our defense and is something CS cant prepare for because all 3 havent been on the field at the same time yet. Smith and Lambert played together the first game against Cuero and when they were out there Trent Jackson had a hard time finding room to run.

RoyceTTU
12-08-2010, 10:54 PM
great show guys. I appreciate what you guys do every week.

eagles_victory
12-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Well he can on here RIGHT NOW and say something LOL I figure he will say something to you since yall are neighbors... He is on Romo's right you are on his left.

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I figure he will say something to you since yall are neighbors... He is on Romo's right you are on his left.

BADA BING!

Well we cant hear each other over the buzz of Romo sucks chants in our ear from some farmer dale

Bosqueville
12-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Carthage, Carthage, Carthage, Carthage... Then you pick Brownwood?? By the way, great work but I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard Carthage. :doh:

BEAST
12-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Great show guys. I think you missed one very huge game changer though. When Carthage has to punt, they better make sure Shipley cant get to the ball. If he can get his hands on it, he can atleast change field position if not put points on the board. Thats been so huge all year. Short fields for Brownwoods offense.

BEAST

BwdLions
12-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Good show Grant and Terry. A lot of good observations and opinions. Thanks!

hollywood
12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I listened to the show. Great job gents.

I found it interesting that you guys stated that the O-line for Carthage is big, physical, and quick. And you compared the physical aspects of the O-line and overall team to Sville. I would agree. You guys mentioned the RB for Sville not being in shape. Sville opened up lanes but he didn't hit them fast enough before they closed. Well, he pounded almost 100 on Aledo's big DL. Not only did Sville use Myles, but they also had Edwards at RB some in the Bwood game. I think you guys were spot on in stating Sville is a physical team but don't buy the excuse that their RB was out of shape enough to be a non factor... the factor was that Brownwood's swarming defense shut their running game down which included Myles, Edwards, and Washington the QB. They fly to the ball as a unit. Just as they have with everyone this season. As far Sville's defense goes, Sville doesn't have a Thompson at LB or a Pope at DB, but overall, their defense is as good or slightly better than Carthages IMO. Held Aledo to 20 and 18 points this year in which they average over 50 ppg. Aledo has a big, physical, quick O-line with one of the top RB's in the state and nation in Gray. Sville held Gray to 81 yards in their first game while Myles outgaines him with 90 yards. And their QB Bishop is GOOD and is a dual threat. I know Carthage is suppose to be a different animal, but I think their team will be a bit surprised at the level of intensity Bwood's D will bring it.

Again, great job and I appreciate the time you guys put in for the show. See ya down the road!

pirate4state
12-09-2010, 12:19 PM
boring

:D

Rocket
12-09-2010, 01:18 PM
One aspect that you failed to mention about Brownwood's WR's is their cunning ability to block downfield.

The game against Bridgeport had to be stopped because Chastain lowered a boom on one of their corners. Broke arm... but we have seen this all season long. It is one aspect that just adds flavor to the already potent passing game. Not only will Brownwood catch balls, they will knock your block off.

One TD against Monahans was a quick strike to Shipley, and one block later, TD. LOL It was so easy...

Black_Magic
12-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
cunning ability to block downfield.
Now this is funny.... Cunning!!!! Bwahahaa!! Great word but I dont think it fits in the game of football. Come on man! Not that they are not smart but to use the word Cunning when it comes to blocking?? :doh: Geek!

Rocket
12-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Cunning - Marked by or given to artful subtlety and deceptiveness.

bobcat1
12-09-2010, 01:25 PM
I think great would have worked. Cunning..... not so much.:p

Black_Magic
12-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I think great would have worked. Cunning..... not so much.:p Cunning just does not fit with a discription of blocking. Just sounds like a band geeks description of the game of football.:rolleyes:

Rocket
12-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Now this is funny.... Cunning!!!! Bwahahaa!! Great word but I dont think it fits in the game of football. Come on man! Not that they are not smart but to use the word Cunning when it comes to blocking?? :doh: Geek!

See the definition...At least you learned a new word today.

Rocket
12-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Cunning just does not fit with a discription of blocking. Just sounds like a band geeks description of the game of football.:rolleyes:

Your players looked pretty surprised when they got blocked way down the field...especially on that first play of the game when Shipley took your defense to the house...lots of great blocks. Deceptive... ;)

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
We could have spent 3 hours commenting on EVERY aspect for both teams but we had to cut it off at some point..as big of a game that it is, it imo would not have been fair to the other 3A games this week to JUST TALK this one

Black_Magic
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Im Sorry. To use cunning when describing downfield blocking? Its what a Geek would use. But then when you consider who said it.... Stick to Dungeons and Draggons or what ever the geeks are playing these days.:rolleyes:

Rocket
12-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Im Sorry. To use cunning when describing downfield blocking? Its what a Geek would use. But then when you consider who said it.... Stick to Dungeons and Draggons or what ever the geeks are playing these days.:rolleyes:

Weak... Nice try, though...

Rocket
We could have spent 3 hours commenting on EVERY aspect for both teams but we had to cut it off at some point..as big of a game that it is, it imo would not have been fair to the other 3A games this week to JUST TALK this one

There are other teams playing this week?

Gsquared
With jock on head I say "Score, Direct hit!"

Black_Magic
12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
With jock on head I say "Score, Direct hit!" http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/USS_Howorth_torpedo_hit.JPG

BEAST
12-09-2010, 02:39 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/USS_Howorth_torpedo_hit.JPG

Hows basketball season going?

BEAST

Black_Magic
12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
wrong guy to ask that one to. But nice try:thumbsup: Hey , Sombody has to take up for the geek right?:p why not you , right?

rangerjoe33
12-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
There are other teams playing this week?
A cunning attempt at sarcasm.

Tejastrue
12-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Cunning just does not fit with a discription of blocking. Just sounds like a band geeks description of the game of football.:rolleyes:

Yeah, we have one of those covering sports for our local paper. Says things like "defense was tested with their tight formations and unrhythmic ball snaps amongst quick play setups".:confused: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Gsquared
12-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Yeah, we have one of those covering sports for our local paper. Says things like "defense was tested with their tight formations and unrhythmic ball snaps amongst quick play setups".:confused: :spitlol: :spitlol:
Thats very confusing

BaseballUmp
12-10-2010, 08:08 AM
I concur

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks to everyone who listened this week, had a record number is such a short amount of time

Black_Magic
12-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Yeah, we have one of those covering sports for our local paper. Says things like "defense was tested with their tight formations and unrhythmic ball snaps amongst quick play setups".:confused: :spitlol: :spitlol: I think Geeks should stick to geek stuff and just be spectators. Some just have to comment and then it makes them look like big time geeks. Like I said. Dungeons and Dragons is what they should stick to.

Matthew328
12-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I think Geeks should stick to geek stuff and just be spectators. Some just have to comment and then it makes them look like big time geeks. Like I said. Dungeons and Dragons is what they should stick to.

I agree...I just appreciate guys like Black Magic humoring us geeks when we wanna chat before games....LOL

Gsquared
12-10-2010, 11:43 AM
We should have an offseason Dungeons and Dragons tournament

Black_Magic
12-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I agree...I just appreciate guys like Black Magic humoring us geeks when we wanna chat before games....LOL Good . Now hurry and roll the dice! lol:clap: wonder what level wizard Rocket is?:thinking:

DDBooger
12-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
We should have an offseason Dungeons and Dragons tournament
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxF0vygnF2Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player