PDA

View Full Version : Construction In Sinton!!

sinfan75
12-08-2010, 08:00 PM
What happened to my quiet little town?:(

pirate4state
12-08-2010, 08:09 PM
What construction? Have you seen the progress on the baseball field?!?! :eek: I can't wait for opening day!!!

lbjacj
12-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
What happened to my quiet little town?:(

Funny you should mention that.The company I work for is currently doing an addition/renovation to Welder ES in Sinton.Sorry for the disruption!:)

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I was hoping you were talking about construction on that crappy road that connects Sinton to
I-37. Then I realized you said IN Sinton. I drove down there once to watch Sinton play and
that piece of "farm road" sucks. I can't imagine how bad it would be during the peak of cotton
season.

sinfan75
12-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I was hoping you were talking about construction on that crappy road that connects Sinton to
I-37. Then I realized you said IN Sinton. I drove down there once to watch Sinton play and
that piece of "farm road" sucks. I can't imagine how bad it would be during the peak of cotton
season. That road is fixin to be widened and straightened out which is a good thing. Just kinda jokin about the other stuff. Sorta peeved about the baseball field. Not all covered with stadium seating as I was led to believe. Bleacher seating and no roof along 1st and 3rd base. Still best baseball park in South Texas as far as highschools (Whataburger and the semi-pro in Robstown are tops). The new turf and track looks to be rollin along pretty quick at the football field.

sinfan75
12-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Funny you should mention that.The company I work for is currently doing an addition/renovation to Welder ES in Sinton.Sorry for the disruption!:) Actually that's gonna be a pretty cool lookin school when ya'll get through with it. Had some beers with some of the guys doin the baseball stadium. They're from Graham... :D

SintonFan
12-08-2010, 11:16 PM
That road is fixin to be widened and straightened out which is a good thing. Just kinda jokin about the other stuff. Sorta peeved about the baseball field. Not all covered with stadium seating as I was led to believe. Bleacher seating and no roof along 1st and 3rd base. Still best baseball park in South Texas as far as highschools (Whataburger and the semi-pro in Robstown are tops). The new turf and track looks to be rollin along pretty quick at the football field.

Yeah, ole 881 (now known as 188) will get a major work-over. That's gonna suck for us out West of town for some time...:(

They plan to shut down the whole road from the Sinton bypass to IH 37 for at least a year.:eek:

sinfan75
12-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Progress son! We'll be able to drive 70+ when it's finished. :D :clap:

MUSTANG69
12-09-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm gonna miss those 90 degree turns on 188. :D

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I'm gonna miss those 90 degree turns on 188. :D

I found out quickly that those speed limit signs at those turns
meant what they read. :eek: :D

AP Panther Fan
12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
season.

The DPS loves it when I have to drive to Mathis via that road!:evil:

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Funny thing you should say that. I did notice that "everybody"
was doing the speed limit. It made me think there must be
speed traps. :thinking:

MUSTANG69
12-09-2010, 02:07 PM

Yep, if you aren't careful you will be axle deep in a field. :D

MUSTANG69
12-09-2010, 02:08 PM

You Aransas Pass people need to obey the speed limit.:rolleyes:

AP Panther Fan
12-09-2010, 04:23 PM
You Aransas Pass people need to obey the speed limit.:rolleyes:

lol...well, when and where was your last ticket issued mister?

Besides, he stopped me for speeding, but gave me a ticket because my 14 year old was laying down in the back seat with the ipod in her ears (unrestrained).

Funny thing, when the trooper stuck his head in my window and said "how old are you" I thought.....why are you asking me that DA question, you have my driver's license...only problem was, he wasn't talking to me.:doh:

Phil C
12-09-2010, 04:26 PM
OBEY THE LAW!

:mad:

And by the way can you all send donations so I can pay for my latest traffic ticket?

:(

MUSTANG69
12-09-2010, 05:34 PM
lol...well, when and where was your last ticket issued mister?

Besides, he stopped me for speeding, but gave me a ticket because my 14 year old was laying down in the back seat with the ipod in her ears (unrestrained).

Funny thing, when the trooper stuck his head in my window and said "how old are you" I thought.....why are you asking me that DA question, you have my driver's license...only problem was, he wasn't talking to me.:doh:

3 years ago in Alice, TX (speeding):D

SintonFan
12-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Progress son! We'll be able to drive 70+ when it's finished. :D :clap:

Yes, it is progress.
But alot of that traffic is gonna be re-routed down FM 630 and maybe Hill Rd.
Crap! Hill road is "pot-hole" heaven.:eek:
FM 1945 aint much better.

SintonFan
12-09-2010, 08:08 PM

They're not too bad. I remember taking my '85 Shelby Charger around those fun curves over 70 back in the day.:D

#33 Sinton 1994
12-10-2010, 02:15 AM
My last ticket was on 188! Judge gave me a break from my road to town the speed limit is not posted!

Can't wait to see the football field its going to be sweet!! Now if we can just strart recruiting some big time players!!! Joke Joke dont rip me!;)

MUSTANG69
12-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by #33 Sinton 1994
My last ticket was on 188! Judge gave me a break from my road to town the speed limit is not posted!

Can't wait to see the football field its going to be sweet!! Now if we can just strart recruiting some big time players!!! Joke Joke dont rip me!;)

You've been recruiting for years. Why stop now?:D

YTBulldogs
12-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Curious Sinton folks, what's the projected cost of the football field portion here? We'd love to get this done here one day.

Also, was this totally funded by tax payers, or did ya'll get outside help as well.

pirate4state
12-10-2010, 09:52 AM
You've been recruiting for years. Why stop now?:D Don't worry 69 - one day your program might be accused of recruiting too, but I doubt it when they can come to Sinton! :evillol: :evil: :taunt:

MUSTANG69
12-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Don't worry 69 - one day your program might be accused of recruiting too, but I doubt it when they can come to Sinton! :evillol: :evil: :taunt:

We will see. You might be singing a different tune next year. That "we take the best, you get the rest" theory ain't gonna work for Sinton next year. At least you will have a nice field to cry on.:D:taunt:

pirate4state
12-10-2010, 11:17 AM
We will see. You might be singing a different tune next year. That "we take the best, you get the rest" theory ain't gonna work for Sinton next year. At least you will have a nice field to cry on.:D:taunt:

You'll be surprised how strong we'll be next year. I'm not worried, but you should be.

MUSTANG69
12-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You'll be surprised how strong we'll be next year. I'm not worried, but you should be.

What should I be worried about?