PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna need a gameplan.....

trojandad
12-08-2010, 12:37 PM
forgive me for making a separate thread on this, i didn't know where else to put it to get the most input......here's my problem....

just in case some magic happened and we were to be able to play next week in arlington, i have dialysis here in colege station until almost 11 am...my sweetheart can have us off by 11....that gives me 5 hours to get in our seats, so praying the dr releases me, here's what i gotta determine....

first, opinions on whether its quicker to go up hwy 6 to waco and up 35, or over sh 35 to madisonville and hit 45....i know the first way is shorter to arlington but i've done each way once the i45 route was quicker due to the fewer small towns with stop lights....

second, i lived in arlington during school, but it was over 25 years ago, so it has to have changed (and i've never been to jerry's world).....so (a) what is the best way to approach it coming from i20 and (b) i'm hearing nightmares on this $50 parking...if i have to pay it i will but i'm clueless on any park and rides or parking a distance from jj.......

any help will be appreciated, and my word to the wimberley fans this is not arrogance, i just figured next week would be cutting it close to ask.......:D

Gsquared
12-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
forgive me for making a separate thread on this, i didn't know where else to put it to get the most input......here's my problem....

just in case some magic happened and we were to be able to play next week in arlington, i have dialysis here in colege station until almost 11 am...my sweetheart can have us off by 11....that gives me 5 hours to get in our seats, so praying the dr releases me, here's what i gotta determine....

first, opinions on whether its quicker to go up hwy 6 to waco and up 35, or over sh 35 to madisonville and hit 45....i know the first way is shorter to arlington but i've done each way once the i45 route was quicker due to the fewer small towns with stop lights....

second, i lived in arlington during school, but it was over 25 years ago, so it has to have changed (and i've never been to jerry's world).....so (a) what is the best way to approach it coming from i20 and (b) i'm hearing nightmares on this $50 parking...if i have to pay it i will but i'm clueless on any park and rides or parking a distance from jj.......

any help will be appreciated, and my word to the wimberley fans this is not arrogance, i just figured next week would be cutting it close to ask.......:D
Parking will be between 7 and 10 bucks. They dont charge 50+ for high school games.

Old LB
12-08-2010, 12:44 PM
When we played there before I went to I-30 and took Collins straight to the stadium about 1 pm and did not have any problems at all with traffic. The parking pass was $10. Just don't forget the concession MONEY!

Gsquared
12-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
When we played there before I went to I-30 and took Collins straight to the stadium about 1 pm and did not have any problems at all with traffic. The parking pass was $10. Just don't forget the concession MONEY!
You wont need concession stand money, Bullaholic has promised to open a tab for us

MoveInDad
12-08-2010, 12:53 PM

I45 for sure imo...MAP (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=coldspring%2C%20tx%20to%20arlington%2C%20tx&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_en___US361&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl)

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Yes...I-45 to I-20, then over to 360 north to Arlington. You'll see the stadium on your left...near Six Flags.

pirate4state
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I wish you the best of luck Trojandad. Good Luck against Wimberley and hope to see you next week! :D

Old LB
12-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
You wont need concession stand money, Bullaholic has promised to open a tab for us

Well at this point I would feel bad about taking anything else from Bullaholic. :D

Sorry Bullaholic, couldn't pass up the opportunity, it's all Gs fault!

Bullaholic
12-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Well at this point I would feel bad about taking anything else from Bullaholic. :D

Sorry Bullaholic, couldn't pass up the opportunity, it's all Gs fault!

I don't mind helping "survivors" out at all, OLB...:D
and you're right about G2---he's still mad because I left early at the last M&G and told the cashier on the way out that the funny lookin' guy goin' commando in chaps had the tab....:D

Gsquared
12-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
and you're right about G2---he's still mad because I left early at the last M&G and told the cashier on the way out that the funny lookin' guy goin' commando in chaps had the tab....:D
:clap:

Old LB
12-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

You know, I told my wife I would like to go to a M&G but I am still kinda scared at this point. :thinking:

trojandad
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I wish you the best of luck Trojandad. Good Luck against Wimberley and hope to see you next week! :D

you too, pirate.....and thanks to all for the input.....it sounds like its doable.....now to fight the dr........:ack!:

bigwood33
12-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Yes...I-45 to I-20, then over to 360 north to Arlington. You'll see the stadium on your left...near Six Flags.
Agreed! I just made this trip the Sat after Thanksgiving and it could not be easier!

trojandad
12-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

well good, i'll be off dialysis and i'll be thirsty.......lol......j/k

oldtownag
12-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Take shortcut from 21 to Normangee then to I-20 to avoid Madisonville.

trojandad
12-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Take shortcut from 21 to Normangee then to I-20 to avoid Madisonville.

never broken off to that road, are there many small town traffic lights and stops? it does look shorter......

oldtownag
12-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Take FM 39 to Normangee.
1 light in Normangee.
Take OSR to I-20
1 light that is all.

trojandad
12-08-2010, 07:12 PM
sounds like a plan......anything to get to bullaholic's tab quicker.....lol.....thanks much

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2010, 10:27 PM
You know, I told my wife I would like to go to a M&G but I am still kinda scared at this point. :thinking:
Don't be scared! Rocket is NOTHING in person like he posts! :D

trojandad
12-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
is he, whats the politically correct term, a little person?

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Take shortcut from 21 to Normangee then to I-20 to avoid Madisonville. I have a good friend named Randy Wolfe in Normangee. 1 son is playing college ball and the other just got recruited. :thumbsup:

Old LB
12-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Meet Rocket at the Stephanville game, more concerned with G2. Can't afford to be arrested in Dallas, who knows what these guys are into?

Bullaholic
12-09-2010, 11:10 AM
sounds like a plan......anything to get to bullaholic's tab quicker.....lol.....thanks much

I know you guy's capacities, so I have instructed the bartender to get your car titles before serving...:D

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Meet Rocket at the Stephanville game, more concerned with G2. Can't afford to be arrested in Dallas, who knows what these guys are into?
Good point! :D

G - :kiss:

bobcat1
12-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Meet Rocket at the Stephanville game, more concerned with G2. Can't afford to be arrested in Dallas, who knows what these guys are into? He's into Midgets and speedos. Should be right up your alley being from Brownwood. :D :p Watch him though because he will lick your ear everytime you get close. I've seen Terry slap him after 3 times of doing that.