PDA

View Full Version : Burnet - 5 Fredericksburg - 0

ihatetolose
08-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Burnet's 1st team rolled over Fred 5-0. Fred's 2nd team scored twice on Burnet's 2nd team.
1st teams played 25 plays "O" and "D" and then 1 live quarter. Burnet's 1st team ran 3 plays in the live quarter and scored twice before being pulled.

beefy
08-16-2003, 06:49 PM
yes, it was a great scrimmage for the dawgs. The billies battled valiantly but speed took over quickly. Cody Warner and of course Jordan Shipley made quick work of the Fred. secondary. Mcgee was picture perfect. Making checks and delivering the football to the open receivers. The o-line looked fair but needs to work on blitz pickups. The defense looked stingy most of the day except for a couple of long runs by the Fred. 4.4 tailback. Looks to be a great year in Burnet....

Chris Hart
08-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Sounds like the Dawgs had a pretty good opening scrimmage. Could someone tell me how Chris Levens did from the TB position and who will be his chief backup? I would also like to know how the two new DE's did, they have some awfully BIG shoes to fill after Manning and Ham. Anymore detailed info would be greatly appreciated. I had to work today :mad: and therefore missed the scrimmage. GO DAWGS!

Old Cardinal
08-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Sounds like Burnet is the team to beat in 3A this year...Glad you are off to a good start!

espn1
08-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Chris didn't have a very good day to day. If he's going to start he's going to have to step it up. Dallas Ferguson(think I spelled it right)looked really impressive.

beefy
08-17-2003, 08:55 AM
Levens had a fair day. He got his bell rung early in the scrimmage and continued to play. He caught a couple of balls out of the backfield that were nice gainers. The two def. ends have a long way to go before they can compare to manning and ham. However, they have the talent to be as good or better than either one. The inside backers make the defense run. Kuhn and Roundtree were slobberknocking people around all scrimmage. Kuhn should be a division one lber with his speed. Roundtree is just as physical but not as fast.

Chris Hart
08-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the insight guys! Chris Levens has his work cut out for him by trying to fill the expectations at RB, after Patrick Miller. However I think he adds a new dimension to the offense, in the way of receiving out of the backfield. Patrick was a GREAT runner but had problems catching the football. I hope Chris continues to improve, because with his speed he should be able to provide some big plays. The main thing is we need to stay healthy this year. :)

JCM
08-18-2003, 07:53 AM
I saw the scrimmage and I'm sure the Gatesville scouts were not impressed with Burnet's run game. I wondered what was wrong with Levens. He seemed out of sync. It was obvious that replacing RB Patric Miller and TE Mason Templeton will not be easy.

BIG19
08-18-2003, 10:20 AM
What I was impressed with was the time that McGee had to pick his receivers. Even the refs, after the game, were commenting on it. Hope this is just a glimpse of what will be on the horizon in the coming weeks!!