PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

LIONS#1
12-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Will someone let me back on the Brownwood Carthage thread so I can participate in the disscussion. I can't vote due to being a "Brownwood Fan" that tried to "Pad my posts" so I could vote. I am new and hope I didn't offend the non-Brownwood loving crowd. Obviously LHPM didn't like it and I have sent her two pm's with no response. I at least would like to post on my schools thread. Thanks in advance!!:confused: :nerd:

LeonJr
12-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Leon says, "Goooooood Callllllll, LHPM"

Ranger Mom
12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
Will someone let me back on the Brownwood Carthage thread so I can participate in the disscussion. I can't vote due to being a "Brownwood Fan" that tried to "Pad my posts" so I could vote. I am new and hope I didn't offend the non-Brownwood loving crowd. Obviously LHPM didn't like it and I have sent her two pm's with no response. I at least would like to post on my schools thread. Thanks in advance!!:confused: :nerd:

LHPM tread banned you and she is the only one who can unban you!! She is at work right now and probably won't get any PM's until she gets home tonight!!

LIONS#1
12-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I checked the rules and didn't find anything about making mutiple posts. I am at work as well!! I am new here and just thought I would be warned before anyone banned me on anything. I didn't intend to break any rules and thought I didn't. I guess this isn't a very Brownwood friendly place so it seems.

Black_Magic
12-08-2010, 12:40 PM
I guess this isn't a very Brownwood friendly place so it seems. You can thank Rocket for that. Wait. You can ad looking4number8 too.;)

Ranger Mom
12-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I checked the rules and didn't find anything about making mutiple posts. I am at work as well!! I am new here and just thought I would be warned before anyone banned me on anything. I didn't intend to break any rules and thought I didn't. I guess this isn't a very Brownwood friendly place so it seems.

You can get off the "poor pitiful Brownwood" act....that aint gonna fly here!!

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You can get off the "poor pitiful Brownwood" act....that aint gonna fly here!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/sissy.jpg :D

ccmom
12-08-2010, 12:52 PM

Why is that so many Brownwood posters have such a chip on their shoulder? If you really think this board is so Anti Brownwood then why in the world do you care so much about being able to post on that thread? They came up with the 100 post minimum for voting on polls so that all the Johnny Come Latelys wouldn't just sign up, vote and disappear. They are TRYING to encourage people to post. While what you were doing wasn't a direct rule violation, you were most certainly trying to find a way to by-pass this new regulation, right?

I'm not Anti Brownwood, and I am certainly not Anti Lions#1. I will admit that it does get tiresome when several of the Brownwood posters get offended so easily when anyone says something positive about a Brownwood opponent, though. I'm not referring to you specifically, but if you read over that thread there are several instances where someone simply gives a stat or says something positive about Carthage, and they get slapped with a "you don't respect Brownwood" or "why are you even posting on this thread since your team isn't playing?" comment. It is very difficult to establish a healthy back and forth between posters when certain posters don't want to hear anything but "Brownwood is God's gift to football." Just because someone acknowledges the successes of another team does not mean they don't respect Brownwood.

Lions#1....this is not at ALL aimed directly at you. Sometimes I just have to get some stuff off my chest and this is where I chose to do it. I hope they let you post again.

Go Brownwood....:clap:

ccmom
12-08-2010, 12:53 PM

Haha....I just read your post after I finished my rant. Maybe one of these days I will learn how to express my point of view without typing a novel...but I doubt it! :D

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Why is that so many Brownwood posters have such a chip on their shoulder? If you really think this board is so Anti Brownwood then why in the world do you care so much about being able to post on that thread? They came up with the 100 post minimum for voting on polls so that all the Johnny Come Latelys wouldn't just sign up, vote and disappear. They are TRYING to encourage people to post. While what you were doing wasn't a direct rule violation, you were most certainly trying to find a way to by-pass this new regulation, right?

I'm not Anti Brownwood, and I am certainly not Anti Lions#1. I will admit that it does get tiresome when several of the Brownwood posters get offended so easily when anyone says something positive about a Brownwood opponent, though. I'm not referring to you specifically, but if you read over that thread there are several instances where someone simply gives a stat or says something positive about Carthage, and they get slapped with a "you don't respect Brownwood" or "why are you even posting on this thread since your team isn't playing?" comment. It is very difficult to establish a healthy back and forth between posters when certain posters don't want to hear anything but "Brownwood is God's gift to football." Just because someone acknowledges the successes of another team does not mean they don't respect Brownwood.

Lions#1....this is not at ALL aimed directly at you. Sometimes I just have to get some stuff off my chest and this is where I chose to do it. I hope they let you post again.

Go Brownwood....:clap: http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif You might be moderator material. :D

GrTigers6
12-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Haha....I just read your post after I finished my rant. Maybe one of these days I will learn how to express my point of view without typing a novel...but I doubt it! :D Rangermom has just had so much more practice. :D

Ranger Mom
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Haha....I just read your post after I finished my rant. Maybe one of these days I will learn how to express my point of view without typing a novel...but I doubt it! :D

LOL!! Hang around here as long as I have and you will find out that sometimes, "less is more." Not always though!!!!!

I thought your post made some very good points and you were right on the money!!!

ccmom
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bow_down_before_you-960.gif You might be moderator material. :D

No way! I have two young boys to raise and I sure don't have the patience to supervise umpteen more!! :rolleyes:

Thank you to all the mods!! :clap:

Send_the_House
12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Lions#1... how do you have nearly 100 posts in 2 weeks of being here?

No wonder you got banned for padding...

You fail.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Oh come on...let him back in...he apologized, what else do ya want! LOL

BaseballUmp
12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Lions#1... how do you have nearly 100 posts in 2 weeks of being here?

No wonder you got banned for padding...

You fail.

Really? You fail... 7 posts a day

Probably over 50% of the people here post that much so how about you stop jumping to conclusions and trying to call someone out

Heck LE Dad had nearly 3000 after only a couple months :(

pirate4state
12-08-2010, 01:05 PM
LOL @ this thread

BaseballUmp
12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL @ this thread

No, lol @ you and the lap dance that is coming next weekend

BwdLion73
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Oh come on...let him back in...he apologized, what else do ya want! LOL

Big Meanies.....:p ;)

50 yard line fan
12-08-2010, 01:12 PM
This thread needs to have a poll so he can vote on it.:D

pirate4state
12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
No, lol @ you and the lap dance that is coming next weekend you shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

BaseballUmp
12-08-2010, 01:40 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/whydowe_fall/GIFS/oh-no-you-didnt.gif

carter08
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
BROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWN WOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODB ROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNW OODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBR OWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWO ODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBRO WNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOO DBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROW NWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOOD BROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOODBROWNWOOD

ronwx5x
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
I've certainly seen folks do the same thing and laugh about post padding. My guess is there is more to it than just typing one word posts!:confused:

Now, back to football.

ronwx5x
12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
On the stickied "3A Division II State Semifinal: Brownwood (14-0) vs. Carthage (12-2)" thread Rocket has 334 out of 2084 posts at this point. Since that is over 16% of the total and the next poster, Dawgdaze only has 6%, Rocket should be thread banned for post padding until someone catches up!!!!!!!!!:D

Ranger Mom
12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
1. It was on a stickied GAME thread.

2. A lot of posts by a single poster on a thread is not considered "post padding."

3. One word posts that end up spelling out a sentence IS considered post padding.

4. I did some research and found out that the ban was for 24 hours....so 24 hours after the original ban it will automatically go back to normal.

5. All thread bans/warnings/benchings/ejections are done at moderator discretion.

6. The rules state if you have problem, take it up in a PM with the moderator, if you can't come to a workable conclusion then it can be addressed to an administrator. At no time will there be justification to call out a moderator on an open forum.

Just some food for thought!!

carter08
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM

2. A lot of posts by a single poster on a thread is not considered "post padding."

3. One word posts that end up spelling out a sentence IS considered post padding.

4. I did some research and found out that the ban was for 24 hours....so 24 hours after the original ban it will automatically go back to normal.

5. All thread bans/warnings/benchings/ejections are done at moderator discretion.

6. The rules state if you have problem, take it up in a PM with the moderator, if you can't come to a workable conclusion then it can be addressed to an administrator. At no time will there be justification to call out a moderator on an open forum.

tl;dr

BaseballUmp
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM

Don't I know it lol

ronwx5x
12-08-2010, 02:41 PM

Now, now. My post was meant as a joke, thus the :D following it. I have no argument with the rules (even though I don't see one about post padding):D The decisions of moderators are final!!!

Ranger Mom
12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Now, now. My post was meant as a joke, thus the :D following it. I have no argument with the rules (even though I don't see one about post padding):D The decisions of moderators are final!!!

That wasn't necessarily aimed at you, I was just touching on some of the things discussed here.

You are correct, there is no rule about post padding...I guess that's where "moderator discretion" comes in.

But....he is thread banned for 24 hours on ONE thread out of the 102597 threads on here. That doesn't seem TOO harsh!!:)

turbostud
12-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
You can than Rocket for that. Wait. You can ad looking4number8 too.;)

Originally posted by LeonJr
Leon says, "Goooooood Callllllll, LHPM"

LMAO, Great thread.

defense51
12-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
LMAO, Great thread. again, only on 3ADL!

44INAROW
12-08-2010, 04:33 PM

piece of advice - slow down the "poor me, nobody likes Brownwood" mess :doh:

44INAROW
12-08-2010, 04:33 PM

LOL I didn't see this until I made my post.. GMTA :clap:

My vote for reply of the week :)

Originally posted by 50 yard line fan
This thread needs to have a poll so he can vote on it.:D

Looking4number8
12-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
You can than Rocket for that. Wait. You can ad looking4number8 too.;)

did I hurt your feelings at some time, I too will try to be more sensitive toward you

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
did I hurt your feelings at some time, I too will try to be more sensitive toward you

I meant to text you earlier. The shirt is guaranteed to be there no later
than 3 pm tomorrow. I asked for scanned confirmation. So,
nobody has to be home.

ccmom
12-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I meant to text you earlier. The shirt is guaranteed to be there no later
than 3 pm tomorrow. I asked for scanned confirmation. So,
nobody has to be home. Good thinking! Gramps eats the AARP early bird special on Thursdays so he can get a good seat at singles night at the BINGO hall. He has a very active social life! :D

oldtownag
12-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Here is your very own thread & poll Lions#1!

Lions#1 Thread & Poll (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109673)

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Good thinking! Gramps eats the AARP early bird special on Thursdays so he can get a good seat at singles night at the BINGO hall. He has a very active social life! :D :spitlol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-08-2010, 10:12 PM

You should try posting pictures!:D:D:D

;)

garciap77
12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

LOL

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
My response was going to be "cry me a river" but that works too! ;)

Originally posted by ronwx5x
I've certainly seen folks do the same thing and laugh about post padding.
bobcat4life could probably teach you a few lessons on what constitutes post padding. ;) Oh, and someone else....hmmmm. Was it bbump? :thinking:

garciap77
12-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

bobcat4life could probably teach you a few lessons on what constitutes post padding. ;) Oh, and someone else....hmmmm. Was it bbump? :thinking:

LOL

Bosqueville
12-08-2010, 10:23 PM

A simple :rolleyes: will do

ccmom
12-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
A simple :rolleyes: will do Just for you...:rolleyes:

(psst...I am told I do a lot of that in "real life" but I don't believe it.:rolleyes: )

BaseballUmp
12-08-2010, 10:42 PM

What you talkin bout willis?

bobcat4life
12-09-2010, 12:18 AM

bobcat4life could probably teach you a few lessons on what constitutes post padding. ;) Oh, and someone else....hmmmm. Was it bbump? :thinking: I do not know what you are talking about. You must be mistaken :D

:inlove:

Ranger Mom
12-09-2010, 10:42 AM
LOL!! He hasn't posted since his last post on this thread at 11:36 yesterday morning!!

I guess he wasn't TOO concerned about it!!:p

BaseballUmp
12-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Maybe he has a real life lol

LeonJr
12-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Ewwwwww

LIONS#1
12-09-2010, 07:31 PM

LOL I haven't had my Hateraid today so I will refrain from making all you mothers mad today...LOL:D Hook, Line and sinker!!!:confused: :eek: :D :hairpunk:

LIONS#1
12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Maybe he has a real life lol

Thanks Baseballump you seem like a voice of reason in a reasonless environment:vrycnfsd:

LIONS#1
12-09-2010, 07:40 PM
LOL!! He hasn't posted since his last post on this thread at 11:36 yesterday morning!!

I guess he wasn't TOO concerned about it!!:p

Naw, I ain't real thrilled about it really but hey It's all good!!:rolleyes: Life is to short to worry about what some message board folks think about you. That being said...I can't believe there are 4 pages on this subject...LMAO!!!:hand:

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2010, 07:42 PM
If you hurry Lions#1 it's not to late to edit your last two posts and save yourself some credibiity. ;) :D

LIONS#1
12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
piece of advice - slow down the "poor me, nobody likes Brownwood" mess :doh:
Uhh...ok just don't ban me Puleeezzzeee? Why is everybody pikin on me!!!:D

LIONS#1
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If you hurry Lions#1 it's not to late to edit your last two posts and save yourself some credibiity. ;) :D
It is already to late Sweetwater Red....I have no credability I am from B_R_O_W_N_W_O_O_D!!! LOL:D

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Naw, I ain't real thrilled about it really but hey It's all good!!:rolleyes: Life is to short to worry about what some message board folks think about you. That being said...I can't believe there are 4 pages on this subject...LMAO!!!:hand:
Dude! It was OVER last night. :p

garciap77
12-09-2010, 09:32 PM
It is already to late Sweetwater Red....I have no credability I am from B_R_O_W_N_W_O_O_D!!! LOL:D

You mean Cedar Park, Texas!!!:D:D:D

;)

Ranger Mom
12-10-2010, 09:55 AM
LOL I haven't had my Hateraid today so I will refrain from making all you mothers mad today...LOL:D Hook, Line and sinker!!!:confused: :eek: :D :hairpunk:

Yeah right! We weren't born last night!!;)

Balcones fault
12-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
You mean Cedar Park, Texas!!!:D:D:D

;)

Point of order: He's from Brownwood, he lives in CP. I use that all the time...I'm from Sterling City, I live near Cedar Park/Leander
Got to stick up for my neighbor. :)

LIONS#1
12-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Brownwood is a good place to be from!!:D Thanks Balcones!!! My neighbor:D

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Brownwood is a good place to be from!!:D Thanks Balcones!!! My neighbor:D

Dude!!! you can almost vote :D

BwdLion73
12-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Dude!!! you can almost vote :D

Their waiting till he hits 99 then they will close the poll.

:D :D :D

RoyceTTU
12-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Their waiting till he hits 99 then they will close the poll.

:D :D :D

LOL :D :D :D

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wwhSR3KpS9g/hqdefault.jpg