PDA

View Full Version : Wimberly ISD

Ernest T Bass
12-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I was not aware that the district was so young. A community in the metroplex is wanting to do the same thing and they've made several references to the formation of Wimberly ISD. Was anyone here around during the formation? Id love to hear about it.

Gsquared
12-08-2010, 10:39 AM
You talking about Farmers Branch?

Ernest T Bass
12-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Yep. I dont see it passing. But the Wimberly deal intrigues me. Id love to hear from someone who was present for it.

TexDad
12-08-2010, 10:57 AM
I was around, what would you like to know. I might be able to answer questions. We split away from Hays CISD in 1985.

TexDad
12-08-2010, 10:58 AM
If I don't know the answer I think I could find out.

lbjacj
12-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I was not aware that the district was so young. A community in the metroplex is wanting to do the same thing and they've made several references to the formation of Wimberly ISD. Was anyone here around during the formation? Id love to hear about it.

We moved here in 1985 during Wimberley HS's first year after breaking off from Hays Consolidated ISD.Students that were going to Hays were given their choice to stay there or go to the new WISD.It was quite a drive to Hays so I don't think too many chose to stay other than senoirs.We started out in 2A and won our 1st district Championship in 1990 and went to the semis in 1993 before moving to 3A the next year.

Blackcat1954
12-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Wimberley back in 1977 brings back bad memories while living in Austin and going to school

Met a girl at a Peter Frampton concert at age of 19 or 20 and fell in love instantly

went for a sunday drive and drove though what wimberley was a very very very small town

It was cold and rainy and no traffic- It was one of memorabley deals

Kathy moved back to somewhere to out of state and but will never forget that day and short romance

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
Wimberley back in 1977 brings back bad memories while living in Austin and going to school

Met a girl at a Peter Frampton concert at age of 19 or 20 and fell in love instantly

went for a sunday drive and drove though what wimberley was a very very very small town

It was cold and rainy and no traffic- It was one of memorabley deals

Kathy moved back to somewhere to out of state and but will never forget that day and short romance

THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER YOU HIPPY!! I'VE BBEEN LOOKING FOR YOU EVER SINCE!!!!

Daddy D 11
12-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER YOU HIPPY!! I'VE BBEEN LOOKING FOR YOU EVER SINCE!!!!

so i guess now would be a good time to tell you i "know" your niece ;) :p :p :p

say, can you put in a word?:devil:

Old LB
12-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Wimberly started as a small farm producing "product" for the Willie Nelson tour and just blossomed from there.

TexDad
12-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Yea, all these people moving in really took it's toll on my "side job". Now it grows everywhere. I kind of had a monopoly back in the 70's...........

BwdLion73
12-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I always heard that Wimberley was where people from Austin moved to who thought Austin was not liberal enough.

:thinking: ;)

unclebeebeep
12-11-2010, 09:13 AM
memories :spitlol:

jp744
12-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I played a basketball game on the CARPETED GYM FLOOR that was a mess! Wow things have changed in Wimberly.

lbjacj
12-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by jp744
I played a basketball game on the CARPETED GYM FLOOR that was a mess! Wow things have changed in Wimberly.

Yeah I don't know who came up with that idea but that carpet made for ankle and knee injuries.My daughter was one of them!

S&GDOGS
12-12-2010, 09:43 PM
AHH!!!!! The "HOUSE OF SHAG", what great memories, Won many games in the HOUSE. Really threw people off of thier game. As stated earlier it was the sound factor more than anything else. Often heard the "ball did not bounce on the carpet", it did for us.
The reason for the carpet? The school was originally built as a middle school in 1984-85, then in 1986 the Wimberley School district was formed seperating from Hays thank goodness, it would have been an 1 1/2 bus ride to school for me. A lot of great memories of those early years.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by TexDad
Yea, all these people moving in really took it's toll on my "side job". Now it grows everywhere. I kind of had a monopoly back in the 70's...........

Yeah right, Jerry Garcia!!! LOL

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
so i guess now would be a good time to tell you i "know" your niece ;) :p :p :p

say, can you put in a word?:devil:

Which one? LOL

wimbo_pro
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I always heard that Wimberley was where people from Austin moved to who thought Austin was not liberal enough.

:thinking: ;)

That was a LONG time ago. All of Hays County is pretty much conservative and votes overwhelmingly Republican. Travis County (Austin) didnt vote for Bush either election!