PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Smith article

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1199048244/High-School-Football-WHS-Smith-cleared-to-play-Friday

BaseballUmp
12-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Chris Parr vol. II?

5wide
12-07-2010, 04:58 PM
hat did he do?

BullBoy
12-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Is he playing this week?

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
Is he playing this week?

Yes, he will be playing...probably on Defense mostly, which is a big plus for us.

BullBoy
12-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Yes, he will be playing...probably on Defense mostly, which is a big plus for us. what position on defense will he play? i know he used to be yalls running back so i assume he is very fast and strong.:thinking: linebacker?

RoyceTTU
12-07-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1199048244/High-School-Football-WHS-Smith-cleared-to-play-Friday

Hmmm, I don't know what to say. Dosn't sound like the same coach everyone was applauding here. :confused:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108802

Snotbubbles
12-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
What did he do?

Is this the guy who painted and defaced the Texans state monument, and -- someone blamed Navarro for it?

Tx Challenge
12-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Nelms kicked him off and now let him back on. He has his reasons and I am sure only those involved know the entire truth.

Personally I see no problem. Not for me to decide or speculate.

Good luck to the Texans this week!

GR Tiger_14
12-07-2010, 05:46 PM
He still an A&M commit?

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoyceTTU
[B]Hmmm, I don't know what to say. Dosn't sound like the same coach everyone was applauding here. :confused:

Coach Nelms is class all the way. A lot of what was stated was not true in regards to this incident.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
Is this the guy who painted and defaced the Texans state monument, and -- someone blamed Navarro for it?

LOL@Snotbubbles...good one!

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 06:19 PM

Nah, we caught them boys. Got'm locked up in a cage behind the field house. Occassionally let them out so we can use them for practice dummies. About all they're good for. :D :mad:

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Hmmm, I don't know what to say. Dosn't sound like the same coach everyone was applauding here. :confused:

[/url]

I thought the same at first, Royce. But there is more to the story regarding things done and things changed since the incident, which would lead one to believe in the redemption of a 16 yr old who has put at risk his entire career, who has realized what he has done, and who is apparently working very hard at making it right. I am a big believer in redemption...and an even bigger believer when its a 16 yr old who has come clean with his actions and paid his penalty and taken actions to straighten his life out.

Add to it Coach Nelms' character and his dedication to building boys into men....and I have no doubt that he has made the right decision.

Snotbubbles
12-07-2010, 06:27 PM
LOL@Snotbubbles...good one!

:p

Was it local punks afterall that did it wimbo_pro? And, good luck this week. Love to see ya'll in the state game.

Seen Nelms at Saturday's Refugio game in the Dome, and wished him well. He is a class act and I trust his judgment in this matter.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Was it local punks afterall that did it wimbo_pro? And, good luck this week. Love to see ya'll in the state game.

Seen Nelms at Saturday's Refugio game in the Dome, and wished him well. He is a class act and I trust his judgment in this matter.

I think its best we dont talk about that incident!!! Suffice it to say that no, to my knowledge, no one local was blamed.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 06:29 PM

Wonder what he was doing at the Refugio game? Probably just enjoying some good football?

BaseballUmp
12-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Recruiting for next year probably lol

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Recruiting for next year probably lol

LOLOL....we WILL need some linemen, now that you mention it. We are good at the skill positions!!!

Snotbubbles
12-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Wonder what he was doing at the Refugio game? Probably just enjoying some good football?

Dunno. He and one of ya'lls AC were there. Maybe just a break.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Dunno. He and one of ya'lls AC were there. Maybe just a break.

There is a strong connection to South Texas and some of the coaches, I'm told.

bobcat1
12-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I thought the same at first, Royce. But there is more to the story regarding things done and things changed since the incident, which would lead one to believe in the redemption of a 16 yr old who has put at risk his entire career, who has realized what he has done, and who is apparently working very hard at making it right. I am a big believer in redemption...and an even bigger believer when its a 16 yr old who has come clean with his actions and paid his penalty and taken actions to straighten his life out.

Add to it Coach Nelms' character and his dedication to building boys into men....and I have no doubt that he has made the right decision. :clap: :clap: :clap:

lbjacj
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Ya'll go to statesman.com/hsfootball and vote for Nelms as central texas coach of the year!

Snotbubbles
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Ya'll go to statesman.com/hsfootball and vote for Nelms as central texas coach of the year!

Is that Navarro coach listed on that ballot? Love Nelms, but---what they did their first year in 3A was very impressive.

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Is that Navarro coach listed on that ballot? Love Nelms, but---what they did their first year in 3A was very impressive.

No, I think this is more of an Austin area poll but yes, great job by the Navarro coach.

lbjacj
12-07-2010, 10:31 PM

No he isn't but he should be.here's the poll...

You tell us
Right now, who’s the leading candidate for coach of the year in Central Texas?

A. Alan Haire, Lago Vista WINNER 80%
B. Craig Chessher, Stony Point
C. Marcus Reiland, Anderson
D. Beck Brydon, Regents
E. Weldon Nelms, Wimberley

957tiger
12-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Add to it Coach Nelms' character and his dedication to building boys into men....and I have no doubt that he has made the right decision.

Funny how times change. When TJ Mills attempted to help change a young life he was slammed by everyone, and still gets plenty of bad knocks some 15 years later. Perhaps Coach Nelms is showing that there's more to coaching than x's and o's. I for one miss the coaches who actually cared for their boys.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Funny how times change. When TJ Mills attempted to help change a young life he was slammed by everyone, and still gets plenty of bad knocks some 15 years later. Perhaps Coach Nelms is showing that there's more to coaching than x's and o's. I for one miss the coaches who actually cared for their boys.

I can tell that Nelms is definitely one of those kind of guys. There are many examples of this...this incident is just one of many. I have had 3 nephews go through his program, so I have seen and heard plenty. I just hope he is successful in turning this young man around. He has so much talent and promise...and at the heart of it, he is a just a kid who is somewhat lost at the moment. Weren't we all at some point? I hope to see him one day when he is highly successful, looking back on this and saying "Coach Nelms is one of the main reasons I am who I am today". After all, isnt that really what any HS sports program is really all about?

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 04:55 AM

darned DL...double posted...sorry.

NastySlot
12-08-2010, 09:09 AM

ask most coaches and they will have a story and many other reasons for slamming TJ...........and it's not because he won.

RoyceTTU
12-08-2010, 09:46 AM

I'm sure you are correct. As an outsider looking in this is what I see.

1. There was a problem and disciplin awarded accordingly
2. The kid was hurt during the suspension
3. This might be completely wrong but from an outsider it warrants merit, the kid gets reinstated as his injury heals.
4. The team is deep in the playoffs and potentially needs him to help finish out the season.

Like I said, I'm not passing judgement and I'm sure he made the right decision but for an outsider, it sure looks different than the original statements. I agree that all kids should have a chance at redemption and hope he turns things around. From some of the other wimberley posters, it sounds like this wasn't the first incident.

pirate4state
12-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure I know what to say, so for once I'll just keep my mouth shut! :eek: :o

Ernest T Bass
12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
“...we don’t kill kids over here when they make mistakes,” Nelms said

This is the telltale statement, to me.

lbjacj
12-08-2010, 09:58 AM

3. This might be completely wrong but from an outsider it warrants merit, the kid gets reinstated as his injury heals.
4. The team is deep in the playoffs and potentially needs him to help finish out the season.

Like I said, I'm not passing judgement and I'm sure he made the right decision but for an outsider, it sure looks different than the original statements. I agree that all kids should have a chance at redemption and hope he turns things around. From some of the other wimberley posters, it sounds like this wasn't the first incident.

The injury occured first.In the Sealy game.He was within a week of returning to the team when the school disciplined him.Nelms never kicked him off the team.He served his time in AEP then was allowed to return to play after the coaches agreed and the players voted on it.

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 10:26 AM

RoyceTTU, if you go back and read again some of the response comments when this story intially unfolded it will confirm that Smith was set to return for our first playoff game against Llano. There were several quotes from coach Nelms in the local papers to confirm that. He also was never permanently off the team.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2010, 10:41 AM
If this was a 4th string RB no one would care

the Hypocrisy is not that the coach let the player back on the team, but that people critizice him for it because it is an impact player.

In the end it does not matter if the kid is a great player or not, it matters to try to save someone young enough to turn away from a bad road in life

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
In the end it does not matter if the kid is a great player or not, it matters to try to save someone young enough to turn away from a bad road in life :clap: :clap: :clap:

RoyceTTU
12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
As I stated before, I never new all the facts, but was playing devil's advocate of what an outsider sees. As I said before, I hope it turns his life around for the good.

Red&White_9x5
12-08-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't know much about the situation so I can not form an opinion one way or the other. Here is what I do know, I have been tracking a potential Wimberley/ Brownwood rematch from last year. While following Wimberley (mostly on here) it seems that they are playing very well. The back up, Wilson, seems to be playing great as well as the rest of the offense. They one thing you have to be careful of in this situation is team chemistry. Right now all is good and you don't want to mess that up (and I am not saying that Smith's return would mess it up). I would say this, if Smith comes back as anything more than a back-up, you could be flirting with disaster

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
I don't know much about the situation so I can not form an opinion one way or the other. Here is what I do know, I have been tracking a potential Wimberley/ Brownwood rematch from last year. While following Wimberley (mostly on here) it seems that they are playing very well. The back up, Wilson, seems to be playing great as well as the rest of the offense. They one thing you have to be careful of in this situation is team chemistry. Right now all is good and you don't want to mess that up (and I am not saying that Smith's return would mess it up). I would say this, if Smith comes back as anything more than a back-up, you could be flirting with disaster

A team decision has been made. Whatever happens, whether we succeed or fail, it will be as a team. I suspect we'll be just fine and stronger for it.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
True TxBroadcaster. How long is a just penalty? 30 days is extensive as compared to similar violations. If this was NOT a high profile athlete, would it have been 30 days? There is a lot more to this story than said here (or in print), but the fact is...violation, ruling, time served. There are accusations that some other districts might have swept this under the carpet from the beginning. I wouldnt know about other districts, but I can say this was taken care of immediately, openly and without regard for the football season at the time. What else should have been done?

I encourage others to go check their own penalties in their own districts for similar violations and show me where this was leinant in comparison.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM

Agreed 100%.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Royce...I can understand your view, but your timing is off. He was scheduled to be back THAT WEEK after being out since 9/24. He had been released from the doctor after healing for 5 or 6 weeks, and was to begin practice with the team. THEN this event happened. They were successive events, not simultaneous events.

gold_33
12-08-2010, 11:51 AM

Nelms said in the San Marcos Daily Record article that he would not take out any starters and Smith would play a backup role.

BwdLion73
12-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If this was a 4th string RB no one would care

the Hypocrisy is not that the coach let the player back on the team, but that people critizice him for it because it is an impact player.

In the end it does not matter if the kid is a great player or not, it matters to try to save someone young enough to turn away from a bad road in life

:thumbsup:

957tiger
12-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
ask most coaches and they will have a story and many other reasons for slamming TJ...........and it's not because he won.

My reference was made in regards to the infamous and incorrect comments made about a player and TJ. To my knowledge the "other" reasons you mention have never been discussed. My point was and still is, a good coach cares about his players now and after football.

The current crop of coaches are all about padding their resume for their next job. TJ and most of his staff were there for the kids and still are. Some coaches get on a personal crusade to show a teenager who is the boss. In reality getting the student-athlete to buy into the program is much simpler and productive. Like I was once told by a wise old coach " you can have a model prisoner on the field, and a floating turd in the parking lot" Seems like some coaches could care less about life off the field and that is a shame.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I am not familiar with this TJ conversation. Can someone fill me in?

Old LB
12-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Let the kid play, this is not much different from raising your own children. What happens in a family, or football family, is no ones business. With the success of the Wimberly school system I would think the staff there has this under control. Good luck to the Texans, I would love to see a rematch next week.

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Let the kid play, this is not much different from raising your own children. What happens in a family, or football family, is no ones business. With the success of the Wimberly school system I would think the staff there has this under control. Good luck to the Texans, I would love to see a rematch next week.

I agree. :thumbsup: Hey Old LB, be careful what you wish for. :D :D

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 12:36 PM

Exactly Old LB. Had there not been a substantial penalty...had there not been total transparancy of events (ie., swept under the carpet, which in a small town, is nearly impossible to do without people knowing), then I would have concerns similar to some on this board.

Remember...at the time, we had NO IDEA that this Trinity Wilson kid would become what he has become. We had no idea the team would step up and win these last 4 games. In all honesty, with all the injuries, many thought this penalty was the end-of-the-road for the Texans this year. It was considered a death sentence. 30 days in the hole. Add to it somethings being done in addition to this penalty, and I think the price has been paid.

Old LB
12-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
I agree. :thumbsup: Hey Old LB, be careful what you wish for. :D :D

Wish for? I been prayin for it! NO WAY you guys luck out again.

Rocket
12-08-2010, 12:53 PM
WOW, this is some bull crap here...

Wilson said. “He hurt the team. He knows that… he’s sorry about it. I’m not really happy that he did what he did, but he’s a good player and we need him.”

The last part of the statement sums it all up...

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

Wilson said. “He hurt the team. He knows that… he’s sorry about it. I’m not really happy that he did what he did, but he’s a good player and we need him.”

30 days Rocket. Sounds like its YOU who is getting scared now.

bobcat1
12-08-2010, 12:58 PM

The last part of the statement sums it all up... Come on now! Make it about the kid and not about Brownwood.

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 01:15 PM

Not anybody in Wimberley is happy for what happened. It happened. It has been dealt with. The only crap here is the expectoration from your mouth.

Rocket
12-08-2010, 01:29 PM
30 days Rocket. Sounds like its YOU who is getting scared now.

LOL just the point of it all...I could careless if he plays or not. He won't make much of a difference. It's the fact that, "we need him!"

Rocket
12-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Not anybody in Wimberley is happy for what happened. It happened. It has been dealt with. The only crap here is the expectoration from your mouth.

My opinion? You don't like it? Deal with it.

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
My opinion? You don't like it? Deal with it.

Right back at you Rocket. I don't have to like it. I CAN deal with it. Let's move on.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 01:35 PM
LOL just the point of it all...I could careless if he plays or not.

The point of it all? Coming from YOU? You have no idea (at least you show NO sign of having any idea) of what the "point" is regarding HS football/sports. You think its about winning, and thats it. It's not. It's about developing young men/women into quality adults. 30 days in the hole is standard for such violations...he paid his price. He has done much more than that in his personal life since this incident as well, but I am not at liberty to say what. The lesson he was taught is no matter who you are, you must follow the rules or pay the price. He paid the price. What else would you suggest? A penalty worse than non-athletes?

You only see football. YOU miss the point, and you always have. I have no doubt you're the type who take pleasure when the opposing team has a player down on the field...you cheer inside, dont you?

Ernest T Bass
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
LOL just the point of it all...I could careless if he plays or not. He won't make much of a difference. It's the fact that, "we need him!"

You know that quote came from a kid, right?

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Wish for? I been prayin for it! NO WAY you guys luck out again.

Luck if we win, skill if you win. I see how it works. :thinking:

BwdLion73
12-08-2010, 01:46 PM
The point of it all? Coming from YOU? You have no idea (at least you show NO sign of having any idea) of what the "point" is regarding HS football/sports. You think its about winning, and thats it. It's not. It's about developing young men/women into quality adults. 30 days in the hole is standard for such violations...he paid his price. He has done much more than that in his personal life since this incident as well, but I am not at liberty to say what. The lesson he was taught is no matter who you are, you must follow the rules or pay the price. He paid the price. What else would you suggest? A penalty worse than non-athletes?

You only see football. YOU miss the point, and you always have. I have no doubt you're the type who take pleasure when the opposing team has a player down on the field...you cheer inside, dont you?

I will admit to having a Jimmy Carter moment once where I said I hope the kid is not hurt bad and makes a full recovery....right after the second half. :thinking:

Old LB
12-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Luck if we win, skill if you win. I see how it works. :thinking:

Well, it's good that we got that straight. :D

Rocket
12-08-2010, 01:49 PM

Wow...personal attack much? You don't know me and you have no idea who I am.

I just commented on the convenience of letting a good player that you need back on the team just in time for the semi's...

It is some bullcrap to me...but that is just my opinon. ;)

Rocket
12-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
You know that quote came from a kid, right?

Figures. Either way...bad move. My opinion.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Wow...personal attack much? You don't know me and you have no idea who I am.

I just commented on the convenience of letting a good player that you need back on the team just in time for the semi's...

It is some bullcrap to me...but that is just my opinon. ;)

Of course its bullcrap to you...because of what I said. Penalty levied...Penalty served. 30 days....standard penalty. You just dont like it that it was served with time left on the clock. Plain and simple.

Rocket
12-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Right back at you Rocket. I don't have to like it. I CAN deal with it. Let's move on.

Agreed.

Rocket
12-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Of course its bullcrap to you...because of what I said. Penalty levied...Penalty served. 30 days....standard penalty. You just dont like it that it was served with time left on the clock. Plain and simple.

I have to like it? LOL SHUT UP WIMPY!

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I have to like it? LOL SHUT UP WIMPY!

You dont have to like it. i dont like the whole damned event. But I recognize it for what it is...violation made, penalty levied, penalty served. Penalty is standard for such a violation. And you think it should be longer...for what reason?

Ernest T Bass
12-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Figures. Either way...bad move. My opinion.

Kid said they needed him, not the coach. They've won 4 playoff games without him. Coach Nelms allowed him back b/c he's the only thing standing between this kid and prison.

Rocket
12-08-2010, 02:05 PM
You dont have to like it. i dont like the whole damned event. But I recognize it for what it is...violation made, penalty levied, penalty served. Penalty is standard for such a violation. And you think it should be longer...for what reason?

Why did everybody have to vote on it if it was the standard penalty? Why wasn't the coach man enough to make a decision and keep it instead of allowing the kids to make the decision. How convenient...

I never heard he was going to be back in 30 days. Did anybody else? Just seems very convenient and timely... That's all...

Rocket
12-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Kid said they needed him, not the coach. They've won 4 playoff games without him. Coach Nelms allowed him back b/c he's the only thing standing between this kid and prison.

I hope the team can help in that situation. I've seen it many times. But, I've also seen good athletes kicked off for the same thing. Final. To each his own...

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Why did everybody have to vote on it if it was the standard penalty? Why wasn't the coach man enough to make a decision and keep it instead of allowing the kids to make the decision. How convenient...

I never heard he was going to be back in 30 days. Did anybody else? Just seems very convenient and timely... That's all...

You misunderstand. The penalty was levied by the WISD authorities as a violation of school rules. He was sent to their detention facility for 30 days, as are all students that are penalized for similar violations. When he came back after 30 days, he was/is eligle to play sports, according to UIL rules. It is at that point that the coach had a decision to make, and yes, it is his decision. Some coaches would have immediately brought him in, I would think. Nelms wanted it to be a team decision.

Rocket
12-08-2010, 02:17 PM
You misunderstand. The penalty was levied by the WISD authorities as a violation of school rules. He was sent to their detention facility for 30 days, as are all students that are penalized for similar violations. When he came back after 30 days, he was/is eligle to play sports, according to UIL rules. It is at that point that the coach had a decision to make, and yes, it is his decision. Some coaches would have immediately brought him in, I would think. Nelms wanted it to be a team decision.

Gotcha. Some coaches wouldn't have let him back at all. Can't be relied on. Either way, if he's eligible by UIL standards, then by all means...

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Gotcha. Some coaches wouldn't have let him back at all. Can't be relied on. Either way, if he's eligible by UIL standards, then by all means...

You just dont get it...but then again, why should we think you ever would?? If this were a Lion, you'd fully understand about time served. What else do you want to do? String him up?

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You just dont get it...but then again, why should we think you ever would?? If this were a Lion, you'd fully understand about time served. What else do you want to do? String him up?

My Comment:
I would like to think that the majority of BW fans do not feel the same way as Rocket.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Agreed Tejastrue.

tigerball4life
12-08-2010, 02:37 PM
IMO a team is like a family if the team wanted him back and the staff thinks he has learned his lesson let him suit up and stand on the sidelines with the other kids that will serve both sides, let him in if you get a lead just like the others, you are flirting with disaster if you let the kid play and he isn't in game shape, my point here is if you play him at CB and he isn't ready then gets beat on a route like he stole something (oops no pun intended) for a game winning TD folks will blame him for years for losing the game whether it was his coverage or a lack of pressure from the D-line, the football field is a place to learn life-like lessons please just make sure you are trying to teach the right lesson here and not just trying to win a game. I think the coach has probably been in constant contact with this young man and has been trying to teach him "life's lessons" through the whole ordeal, Nelms seems like a coach who will not give up on any kid, all state or bench warmer so with that being said it is his "family" let him deal with his kids as he sees fit for the sake of the kids. JUST LIKE TJ DID here in Sealy and to those who don't know the whole story behind ANY coaches reason for playing or not playing a kid get your facts straight before you comment or keep your opinions to yourself. you wouldn't want your neighbor telling you how to raise your kids now would you.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Good point there TigerBall. No one will say a word if Nelms doesnt play him at all...I am 100% sure of that.

Ernest T Bass
12-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Why did everybody have to vote on it if it was the standard penalty? Why wasn't the coach man enough to make a decision and keep it instead of allowing the kids to make the decision.

It's called giving the kids ownership of the team.

gold_33
12-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Sounds to me like Rocket is just mad that he could be on the field next week versus Brownwood, if Shipley did it im sure yall would want him back if he was eligible to play. The reason no one thought he would be back was because of the length of the suspension and no one knew how far we would make it in playoffs by the time the suspension was up. Cant help that his suspension ended right before the semi final matchup, thats when the 30 days ended. From what I've heard tigerball4life is that he has been working out everyday on his own to stay in shape so I can bet he will be in pretty good shape, maybe not 100%, but enough to contribute at a high level still, but me along with the rest of the Wimberley folks trust Nelms and his decision and on how much he will get to play.

Old LB
12-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Sounds to me like Rocket is just mad that he could be on the field next week versus Brownwood, if Shipley did it im sure yall would want him back if he was eligible to play. The reason no one thought he would be back was because of the length of the suspension and no one knew how far we would make it in playoffs by the time the suspension was up. Cant help that his suspension ended right before the semi final matchup, thats when the 30 days ended. From what I've heard tigerball4life is that he has been working out everyday on his own to stay in shape so I can bet he will be in pretty good shape, maybe not 100%, but enough to contribute at a high level still, but me along with the rest of the Wimberley folks trust Nelms and his decision and on how much he will get to play.

Could someone just close this thread please.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Could someone just close this thread please.

Agreed.

Rocket
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
quote:

My Comment:
I would like to think that the majority of BW fans do not feel the same way as Rocket.

LOL What does Brownwood have to do with me and how I feel? You are the fools that made me the Brownwood spokesperson. I have never claimed that. I am just a fan from Brownwood that calls it like I see it and doesn't think we can be beat and will make that known. Sue me.

I do get it! It isn't that hard. LOL Doesn't mean I have to agree. I hope the decision turns out to be a good one and benefits the player, as well as the team. You can only hope the player has truly learned his lesson and turns it around and that is what I think the coach and team are hoping for. Good luck to you guys this week.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 03:20 PM
LOL What does Brownwood have to do with me and how I feel? You are the fools that made me the Brownwood spokesperson. I have never claimed that. I am just a fan from Brownwood that calls it like I see it and doesn't think we can be beat and will make that known. Sue me.

I do get it! It isn't that hard. LOL Doesn't mean I have to agree. I hope the decision turns out to be a good one and benefits the player, as well as the team. You can only hope the player has truly learned his lesson and turns it around and that is what I think the coach and team are hoping for. Good luck to you guys this week.

THAT is a very true statement Rocket. We ALL want him to do well. So much talent, so much promise, so much to gain from his talent....to throw it away at 16 yrs old would be a shame. I made major mistakes in my life at 16 yrs old too...but I didnt have the potential of making possibly tens of millions of dollars due to my athleticism. There are other things that have transpired that give me hope he has listened to advice and sees the light. I always believe in redemption...especially for 16-going-on-17 yr olds.

gold_33
12-08-2010, 03:23 PM
THAT is a very true statement Rocket. We ALL want him to do well. So much talent, so much promise, so much to gain from his talent....to throw it away at 16 yrs old would be a shame. I made major mistakes in my life at 16 yrs old too...but I didnt have the potential of making possibly tens of millions of dollars due to my athleticism. There are other things that have transpired that give me hope he has listened to advice and sees the light. I always believe in redemption...especially for 16-going-on-17 yr olds.

Not too mention a scholarship for a free education at a major college thats at stake too.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Not too mention a scholarship for a free education at a major college thats at stake too.

No kidding...the most important part, I'd say. You never know how things will turn out once they get to college level play.

ogg
12-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Dennis is a good kid, sports or no sports.