PDA

View Full Version : State Game - Days Inn Hotel Guest

Emerson1
12-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Is it just me, jason and TexasHSFootball?

Our hotel may smell apparently, but it's within walking distance!

lbjacj
12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Is it just me, jason and TexasHSFootball?

Our hotel may smell apparently, but it's within walking distance!

I'll be there!

With my kids and grandkids!No partying for me:(

Matthew328
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Thats a seedy Days Inn..

lbjacj
12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Thats a seedy Days Inn..

After your post I did a little more checking and this is just 1 of several bad reviews...

"One of the worst hotel stays we've ever encountered! If I could give this hotel a ZERO star rating I would! It pains me to have to give it a 1 star rating in order to leave my review! This was by far one of the two worst hotels I have ever stayed in! Extremely uncomfortable BRICK HARD beds, FILTHY DIRTY carpeting! Floors were so dirty I would not not walk in the room without my shoes on at all times, even immediatley after getting out of the shower! Speaking of the shower, it went cold, then hot, then cold then hot and you could not take a shower without being scalded one minute and frozen the next! It did this on every shower both days we were there and the people who stayed in the room next door to us told us the very same thing! Room was COLD when we arrived as the heat was turned copletey off, then got way too HOT once we turned it on.There was no A/C in the room -- no matter what we did with the thermostat, there was only hot air coming from the vents. Complained to front desk and got no assistance whatsoever -- only excuses"

I cancelled my reservation and am looking elsewhere!:(

Emerson1
12-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I can't cancel. I am gonna be in the room from after the Friday games and checkout Saturday morning. I'll be on an air mattress too since there is two of us.

lbjacj
12-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Moved to La Quinta.I guess it is on the "good" side of the stadium?

pirate4state
12-06-2010, 10:02 PM
I always read the reviews! After reading that the hotel "smelled" funny it was enough for me to NOT stay there.

Emerson1
12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I am a poor college student remember.

Matthew328
12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Worst hotel ever is the HoJo in College Station

lostaussie
12-07-2010, 07:42 AM
You guys haven't been to the western part of Texas quail hunting as many times as I have...............I can show you some bad hotels:D

Gsquared
12-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Thats a seedy Days Inn..
Theres nothing wrong with seedy Matt :)

jason
12-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Worst hotel ever is the HoJo in College Station

Worst _____ ever is the _____ in college station....

that statement can work for just about anything...

pirate4state
12-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
You guys haven't been to the western part of Texas quail hunting as many times as I have...............I can show you some bad hotels:D There are some really bad and scary (think horror movie) motels on the Texas/Oklahoma border. :eek:

YTBulldogs
12-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Moved to La Quinta.I guess it is on the "good" side of the stadium?

lbjacj, the hotel (LQ) will run a shuttle, but---we will have some vehicles available too. So, you'll have a ride if interested.

We stayed here last year. It's no 4 star Hilton, but---it's clean, staff is friendly and has a nice lounge for a beer/drink prior to and after the games.

You staying Sat night too? I know the rooms were running low for Sat night.

TexasHSFootball
12-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Just went and bought air freshner for the hotel room.. just lovely! :doh:

waterboy
12-10-2010, 04:55 PM
When I went to a Rangers game this past summer I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. It was reasonably priced, was about a 1/2 to 3/4 mile down the road, had a shuttle service, and served a full breakfast. If I spend the night over near there again I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Matthew328
12-10-2010, 04:59 PM
how bad was the smell?

I saw Texashsfootball earlier today....beware Cowboys Stadium will mess up some credentials

waterboy
12-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I hear that place smells like a sweaty hooker who hasn't bathed in several days!:eek:

***WARNING!!*** Bring your own sheets!!

:D

TexasHSFootball
12-10-2010, 05:11 PM
how bad was the smell?

I saw Texashsfootball earlier today....beware Cowboys Stadium will mess up some credentials

How bad was the smell.. not overwhelming but enough to warrant the air freshener

pirate4state
12-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I hear that place smells like a sweaty hooker who hasn't bathed in several days!:eek:

***WARNING!!*** Bring your own sheets!!

:D

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I_DONT_CARE
12-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I WONDER HOW MANY CANCELLATIONS THE DALLAS HOTELS WILL HAVE AFTER TONIGHT. :evil: