PDA

View Full Version : Llano 'Jackets Are a Class Act

Pudlugger
05-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Last night my wife, son and his girlfriend were going into Austin to pick up his Tux for prom and catch a movie. A family double date so to speak. We stopped at Wendy's in East Austin on HWY 71 to get a bite to eat. It was very crowded at 6 PM and my son noticed that there were about 30 young men in team T Shirts in line in front of us with several coaches. They were the Llano baseball team going to a playoff game I guess. My son was a sophmore tackle when La Grange played Llano in the first round of 2001 Playoffs and he had great respect as did I for the manner in which that team played football, clean and with great heart and sportsmanship. I guess we know why, as even my son noticed how polite and courteous this large group of kids were in that crowded restaurant. No loud talking, food fighting, profanity, but just yes mam, excuse me , you go ahead etc. After they finished their meals each kid cleaned his mess up and they left the place as neat as when they sat down. What a pleasure it is to see our young people act like that. This speaks volumes to the benefits of well coached high school athletics. :)