PDA

View Full Version : Wow Yoe

Gsquared
12-06-2010, 08:42 AM
was mighty impressive! That defense is STOUT!

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Ya but wait til they play a team from east Texas.

Gsquared
12-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Ya but wait til they play a team from east Texas.
Hahaha, right!

CenTexSports
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Can you give any more in-depth analysis of the Yoe team?

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 09:11 AM
All I know about Yoe is how well they matched up against Brownwoods athletes at 7on7. They had a LOT of talent. I'm not surprised one bit to see them where they are. Very impressive

Gsquared
12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Can you give any more in-depth analysis of the Yoe team?
They remind me of that Farmersville team that won state a few years ago, but better. Thier defensive line dominated Tatum all night. Penetration atleast 70 % of the time. Offensivly, that O-Line was opening up holes for that quick tailback to run thru. That line wore Tatum down. Yoe has a ton of quickness. Tatum was not able to make a living on the corners and that was huge! I really really like this Yoe team.

Tin Cup
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
G, was that the farmersville team that beat Early at Waco isd? Any idea

Gsquared
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
G, was that the farmersville team that beat Early at Waco isd? Any idea
I cant remember if they ran into Early that year or not. I remember them taking out Winnsboro and Tatum that year.

poisoned10
12-06-2010, 09:39 AM
If they were able to get through Tatum's O-Line easily then they would/will DESTROY Daingerfield.

When Gilmer played D'field, their QB was scrambling to avoid the rush for most of the game and never had time to get a good pass off. He was worn out before the 1st quarter was over.

Gsquared
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
If they were able to get through Tatum's O-Line easily then they would/will DESTROY Daingerfield.

When Gilmer played D'field, their QB was scrambling to avoid the rush for most of the game and never had time to get a good pass off. He was worn out before the 1st quarter was over.
Exactly! If both win this week, I would pick Yoe over Daingerfield. Yoe is that good!

lostaussie
12-06-2010, 10:00 AM
I tried to tell some off my Tatum homeys at work that they had their work cut out for them. They sure are some long faces this morning:D Not that I am a Tatum hater by any means...............but sometimes you just gotta be put back in your place.

poisoned10
12-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Exactly! If both win this week, I would pick Yoe over Daingerfield. Yoe is that good!

I would have even picked Tatum over Daingerfield if they would have played.

D'field couldn't ever get anything going running the ball (32 carries, 78 yards) and only completed 10 of 21 passes for 183 yards. Keyarris Garrett caught 7 of those passes for 144 yards and scored all 3 TD's.

Daingerfield didn't look like the best team in 2A that night, for sure.

YTBulldogs
12-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Love to see this one (DF/Yoe) next Friday, should both win this week right? I wanted to see a Katy/Trinity matchup, but---that ain't happening now.

How far is Mansfield from Cowboy Stadium? Was planning to see the 3A,4A, 5A state games only, but---this Yoe/DF game appears a can't miss one.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2010, 10:06 AM
I hope Yoe vs D-field happens...

But to say a team will lose because of what they could not do or could do back in week 3 IMO is false logic. We have to see how the teams have come along since then good and bad

Yoe_09
12-06-2010, 10:33 AM
They remind me of that Farmersville team that won state a few years ago, but better. Thier defensive line dominated Tatum all night. Penetration atleast 70 % of the time. Offensivly, that O-Line was opening up holes for that quick tailback to run thru. That line wore Tatum down. Yoe has a ton of quickness. Tatum was not able to make a living on the corners and that was huge! I really really like this Yoe team.

Good insight here....and of course we still are waiting for that East Texas speed to get to us...lol.

Yeah, our defense played really well all night really shut down the Tatum run game besides a few plays. Offensively, we did what we never had to do all season, run the ball. Sure we had run throughout the season some, but we are a passing team. You need to watch us without the winds and with our star WR(#17) playing.

Gsquared
12-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Good insight here....and of course we still are waiting for that East Texas speed to get to us...lol.

Yeah, our defense played really well all night really shut down the Tatum run game besides a few plays. Offensively, we did what we never had to do all season, run the ball. Sure we had run throughout the season some, but we are a passing team. You need to watch us without the winds and with our star WR(#17) playing.
Well, yall looked darn good running the ball Saturday, thats for sure! That TB can hit the holes and go. Boy can cut on a dime too!

lulu
12-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Of course I was rooting for Tatum but the parts of the game I heard Yoe ruled the game. Congratz to a great team.

Now if it comes down to Yoe/DF you know I have to pull that ET thing on you.
:D

rholl
12-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Love to see this one (DF/Yoe) next Friday, should both win this week right? I wanted to see a Katy/Trinity matchup, but---that ain't happening now.

How far is Mansfield from Cowboy Stadium? Was planning to see the 3A,4A, 5A state games only, but---this Yoe/DF game appears a can't miss one.

hit 360 north 10 maybe 15 miles

BaseballUmp
12-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Haha I was glad to see the Yoe win in the underdog role. I think Tatum was like an 11 point favorite...

Both teams were averaging 40+ points a game and the big "3 headed monster" from Tatum was supposed to dominate and the DBs were supposed to be flawless...

Well the Yoe came in and took care of business...now on to a Region IV team lmao. Should be a win by the Yoe, but never know. They are 13-0 just like us so they must be doing something right. If Yoe plays like they did for 3 quarters against Tatum but all 4 quarters this week, I'm thinking the Yoe win by 3 tds

LIONS#1
12-06-2010, 12:48 PM
The Yoe has made me a believer!!! Yoe by 21+!!

cowboyandchrist
12-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
The Yoe has made me a believer!!! Yoe by 21+!!
The Yoe shut down our speed because of numbers 74 and 58. They penetrated and whip our offensive line which gave the line backers lanes to persue. The offensive line of the Yoe gave the QB all night to find a receiver. We very seldom ever put pressure on him. The only down side to the game for us at Tatum is our DB'S dropped 4 pick off passes right in there hands that could of been an easy 6 points each time, 2nd they dropped 8 passes for first down yardage. The Yoe was better than we were Saturday night and if they play like they did against us, I don't think they will loose to anybody. The yoe played a very good game. I did not see a weakness on the team. Daingerfield will not make any mistakes, so don't think Tatum is better than they are. Keep the motor reb up and you will be fine. I will have to pull for the tigers if they make it. If they don't, then I hope the YOE win it all.
God bless.

BWDCindie
12-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I am totally rooting for YOE to win 2A!
I saw how much class y'all had at 7on7 championship game (not to mention BEATING us til the final tick) and I heard the guys coming over to congratulate our guys and all they had to say were good things and no excuses.

YOE ALL THE WAY!

Rabid Cougar
12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
The number one way to insure that Cameron doesn't play next week is to take this week for granted. Take care of the game at DKR first, then we will worry about what comes next.

cameronyoe
12-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by BWDCindie
I am totally rooting for YOE to win 2A!
I saw how much class y'all had at 7on7 championship game (not to mention BEATING us til the final tick) and I heard the guys coming over to congratulate our guys and all they had to say were good things and no excuses.

YOE ALL THE WAY!

I might be one of the only ones on this site to say this other than brownwood fans but I am really pulling for you guys too. I attended the 7 on 7 state championship as well, and as I know our guys are always classy, but I was also very impressed with how classy the Brownwood guys were as well. They praised the Yoe for playing them such a tough game and wished them the best of luck this year in 2a. Of course alot of that might have to do with the fact that our QB is best friends with Jaxson Shipley considering they played together at Coppell. But overall Brownwood was very classy and had amazing talent. I hope you beat Carthage just as bad as you have anyone else all season and show up yet another East Texas team because I am sick and tired of hearing about how great east texas is. Good Luck to the Brownwood Lions. Win it all!! And of course, LETS GO YOE!!!

Yoe_09
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
The number one way to insure that Cameron doesn't play next week is to take this week for granted. Take care of the game at DKR first, then we will worry about what comes next.

Exactly. Lago Vista is undefeated and cannot be taken lightly this deep in the playoffs. I feel we will be focused and play solid Yoemen football this Saturday.

Gsquared
12-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I want one of those retro oYe hats I saw people wearing Saturday.

lostaussie
12-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
The Yoe shut down our speed because of numbers 74 and 58. They penetrated and whip our offensive line which gave the line backers lanes to persue. The offensive line of the Yoe gave the QB all night to find a receiver. We very seldom ever put pressure on him. The only down side to the game for us at Tatum is our DB'S dropped 4 pick off passes right in there hands that could of been an easy 6 points each time, 2nd they dropped 8 passes for first down yardage. The Yoe was better than we were Saturday night and if they play like they did against us, I don't think they will loose to anybody. The yoe played a very good game. I did not see a weakness on the team. Daingerfield will not make any mistakes, so don't think Tatum is better than they are. Keep the motor reb up and you will be fine. I will have to pull for the tigers if they make it. If they don't, then I hope the YOE win it all.
God bless. Gilmer and Tatum have another thing in common.................They have both been whipped by the oYe. Soon I fear D'field will follow:D

Gsquared
12-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Gilmer and Tatum have another thing in common.................They have both been whipped by the oYe. Soon I fear D'field will follow:D
Scuse me but shouldnt you be workin right now?

Yoe_09
12-07-2010, 11:13 AM
I want one of those retro oYe hats I saw people wearing Saturday.

What did it look like?

Gsquared
12-07-2010, 11:30 AM
What did it look like?
Was that old style mesh type on the back.

Rabid Cougar
12-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Don't have a retro cap-- I have an original.
I will be flying my China Spring Cougar Blue Saturday though.....

cowboyandchrist
12-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by cameronyoe
I might be one of the only ones on this site to say this other than brownwood fans but I am really pulling for you guys too. I attended the 7 on 7 state championship as well, and as I know our guys are always classy, but I was also very impressed with how classy the Brownwood guys were as well. They praised the Yoe for playing them such a tough game and wished them the best of luck this year in 2a. Of course alot of that might have to do with the fact that our QB is best friends with Jaxson Shipley considering they played together at Coppell. But overall Brownwood was very classy and had amazing talent. I hope you beat Carthage just as bad as you have anyone else all season and show up yet another East Texas team because I am sick and tired of hearing about how great east texas is. Good Luck to the Brownwood Lions. Win it all!! And of course, LETS GO YOE!!!
3A state champs from East Texas 03,04,05,06,08,09,09,010, and maybe two again in 10.
2A 06,08,09 and maybe 010 not bad for East Texas speed. Sorry after your comment I thought I needed to remind you. If Daingerfield plays the Yoe, I gotta pull for the Tigers, if they don't I will pull for the Yoe.

Yoe_09
12-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Don't have a retro cap-- I have an original.
I will be flying my China Spring Cougar Blue Saturday though.....

Hey, I can send you a playoff t-shirt and a 2010 cap so you can wear some maroon and grey? Make sure and wear that ring ;)

BaseballUmp
12-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey, I can send you a playoff t-shirt and a 2010 cap so you can wear some maroon and grey?

Hey I could use some gear :D

Yoe_09
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Hey I could use some gear :D

Alright, send me 30 bucks and I will hit up the Yoe Shop.

BaseballUmp
12-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Dang, no homeboy hookup? lol

cameronyoe
12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
3A state champs from East Texas 03,04,05,06,08,09,09,010, and maybe two again in 10.
2A 06,08,09 and maybe 010 not bad for East Texas speed. Sorry after your comment I thought I needed to remind you. If Daingerfield plays the Yoe, I gotta pull for the Tigers, if they don't I will pull for the Yoe.

I never said East Texas wasn't having success. All I said was that I was tired of hearing about how wonderful East Texas is. I read on smoaky all about it last week when everyone was downing the Yoemen because they said they would never match the East Texas speed of Tatum. But I think my Yoemen did well in proving that wrong as Tatum has now moved their speed onto the courts. This year it's West Texas and Central Texas turn to show them who's boss. Lets go Lions and LETS GO YOE!!!

Rabid Cougar
12-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Et Tu Brute? Brownwood has enough supporters on here.

No Thanks on the Yoeman gear.

Yoe_09
12-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Et Tu Brute? Brownwood has enough supporters on here.

Ahhh, come on now.

Milk That Cow
12-08-2010, 12:27 AM

Rabid Cougar, Aren't you a former Yoemen?

I thought it was Once a Yoeman Always a Yoeman...