Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Game thread

GrTigers6
12-05-2010, 04:13 PM
will be interesting to see how the cowboys respond to last weeks loss

Pendragon13
12-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Garrett must read the downlow...I suggested last week that Jones/Choice should start the game, and then bring Barber in later to pound on a tired defense.:cool:

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pendragon13
Garrett must read the downlow...I suggested last week that Jones/Choice should start the game, and then bring Barber in later to pound on a tired defense.:cool: [/QUOTE

Barber is hurt and out for the game

GrTigers6
12-05-2010, 04:22 PM
YEEHAW

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2010, 04:23 PM
i think were looking at a shootout...neither D is very good

kaorder1999
12-05-2010, 04:30 PM
there ya go ball

DDBooger
12-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Choice has fresh legs. Cowboys look pretty good so far.

Pendragon13
12-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pendragon13
Garrett must read the downlow...I suggested last week that Jones/Choice should start the game, and then bring Barber in later to pound on a tired defense.:cool: [/QUOTE

Barber is hurt and out for the game Oh....well anyway.:o

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
17- zip Cowboys.. Manning 2 Ints..

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 04:51 PM
WOW

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Now the whole wonder IF Jones would have fired Phillps a couple of weeks earlier..Would Dallas be in a position to still be in play off race?

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
17- zip Cowboys.. Manning 2 Ints..

In the past 6 quarter Manning has 6 INTs 3 for TDs and 9 INTs in the last 10 quarters

those are Jay Cutler like numbers

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2010, 05:07 PM
ps - Cowboys... Manning might throw to Garcon.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3afan
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
crap - make the kick! :mad:

GrTigers6
12-05-2010, 06:11 PM
I am extremely impressed with Sean Lee today.
Great Job:clap:

kaorder1999
12-05-2010, 06:11 PM
interesting!

Pendragon13
12-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Sean lee is like a younger, faster version of Brooking.:cool:

Keith7
12-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Sean lee is like a younger, faster version of Brooking.:cool:

You mean Bobby Carpenter 2.0

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
You mean Bobby Carpenter 2.0

omg ur so witty..not..Sean Lee has shown in his time he is good agianst the run which Bobby never was

lbjacj
12-05-2010, 06:29 PM
how bout dem cowboys:(

Keith7
12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
how bout dem cowboys:(

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Emerson1
12-05-2010, 06:32 PM
I'd rather have the top 5 draft pick.

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Hope Lee aint banged up too bad.

I think Dallas gets the big break with the Leverage call. It is absolutely the right call by the ref... even if you settle for another FG it is gonna burn a bunch more clock and force Indy to use the TOs

Keith7
12-05-2010, 06:52 PM
cowgirls get bailed out by the dumbest penalty in the NFL and take the lead. Shoulda known.

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
LOL and then Roy catches the 2 pt Conv... Good times

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
cowgirls get bailed out by the dumbest penalty in the NFL and take the lead. Shoulda known.

yea whatever..even the FORMER NFL head of officiating said it was the correct call, but you dont care about that do you

sinton66
12-05-2010, 07:04 PM
When it was a Cowboy not knowing the rules, he was all over that. That's inconsistant Keith.

DDBooger
12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
When it was a Cowboy not knowing the rules, he was all over that. That's inconsistant Keith. Yeah, but him saying anything to piss off Cowboy fans is consistent lol.

I like the Cowboys, hate the Eagles, but he's funny.

DDBooger
12-05-2010, 07:07 PM
unfrickingbelievable...fumble

TexMike
12-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Pretty critical coin toss coming

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
No doubt the most dissappointing thing about this years Boys, the Defense.

Boys lose the coin toss... just watch the D.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
No doubt the most dissappointing thing about this years Boys, the Defense.

Boys lose the coin toss... just watch the D.

ur right..Dallas D is TERRIBLE

DDBooger
12-05-2010, 07:14 PM
He probably figured with the momentum, Dwight Freeney and Mathis would pin their ears back and just bring it possibly causing a turnover and fumble. Indy punting, that's huge.

Looking4number8
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
The D held in the first overtime OT series.... well ok, Indy dropped a pass for a 1st down... but at least we get the ball and a chance

DDBooger
12-05-2010, 07:19 PM
TAKE IT BACK!:mad:

j/k
pick Dallas! :D

Looking4number8
12-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Anybody know the replay rule in OT.. do teams get one or is everthing booth review?

INT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pendragon13
12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
You mean Bobby Carpenter 2.0 Bobby C ever have 2 ints in a game? or one?:D

DDBooger
12-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Dez Bryant has a fractured ankle:doh:

Looking4number8
12-05-2010, 07:25 PM
D gives up 35 but gets 4 pics, 2 of which were pick 6's... Not quite sure what to make of that but it was a win.... An ugly one but it was a win!

sinton66
12-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Anybody know the replay rule in OT.. do teams get one or is everthing booth review?

INT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Booth reviews only. WTG Cowboys!

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Cowboys Win.

Keith7 is cursing under his breath.

Win-Win!

;) Nah... keep up the good work making the Brownwood posters honest, Keith.

Bullaholic
12-05-2010, 07:27 PM
How 'bout them Cowboys, Keith? :D Your Dirty Birds got it coming soon...

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
D gives up 35 but gets 4 pics, 2 of which were pick 6's... Not quite sure what to make of that but it was a win.... An ugly one but it was a win!

IMO the ints were more Manning than WOW D made a great play..he threw right to the D

zebrablue2
12-05-2010, 07:48 PM
IMO the ints were more Manning than WOW D made a great play..he threw right to the D

:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
:rolleyes:

ok so which INT was a great D play over bad throw/route by the WR?

The INt thrown on a deep pass woth two defenders right there?

The int thrown to Scndrick for a TD that was thrown right to him

The INT for the Lee TD that was thrown right ti the inside where Lee was?

The int tipped by Jenkins to Lee( that was only one I saw that MIGHT have been a good play by D)

Keith7
12-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How 'bout them Cowboys, Keith? :D Your Dirty Birds got it coming soon...

Cool! you guys won a game! I'm proud! Have fun watching the Eagles in the playoffs in a few weeks, maybe this win will make you feel better about yourselves.

sinton66
12-05-2010, 08:02 PM

The int tipped by Jenkins to Lee( that was only one I saw that MIGHT have been a good play by D)

Uhm, the D had to be in the right place to intercept, right? If they blow the coverage, no int.

zebrablue2
12-05-2010, 08:03 PM

could there have been a little pressure on the qb that made those passes the way they were??? give credit where its due dude!!! way to go boys! not laying down, and beat the feathers off those eagletts!!

GrTigers6
12-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Cool! you guys won a game! I'm proud! Have fun watching the Eagles in the playoffs in a few weeks, maybe this win will make you feel better about yourselves. Yep another one and done year coming, after they lose at least two out of the last four.:D

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
could there have been a little pressure on the qb that made those passes the way they were??? give credit where its due dude!!! way to go boys! not laying down, and beat the feathers off those eagletts!!

problem was..Dallas got no sacks and really no pressure in the game

carter08
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I am glad the Cowboys won.

I just cringed a little typing that.

I don't care if the Cowboys win any more games. I am just glad they dropped Indy to 6-6.

GrTigers6
12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
problem was..Dallas got no sacks and really no pressure in the game I agree, keep manning under pressure and he wont pick you apart

Keith7
12-05-2010, 08:09 PM
I don't get how you guys can really be happy with this win. I mean the refs literally gave the cowgirls the game. The call on that FG that gave the girls another 3 chances to punch it in at the goalline was total BS. That happens every game and never gets called but they decide to call it then? Please.. congrats for nothing. The girls are still losers in my book.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Uhm, the D had to be in the right place to intercept, right? If they blow the coverage, no int.

i agree with that to an extent..so basically the Dallas D is as long as someone is right there when a QB makes a mistake they might make a int, but of the D has to make a play dont count on it

as Aikman said it best

the Dallas D has let the team down this year and the main reason why Phillips was fired

GrTigers6
12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
I don't get how you guys can really be happy with this win. I mean the refs literally gave the cowgirls the game. The call on that FG that gave the girls another 3 chances to punch it in at the goalline was total BS. That happens every game and never gets called but they decide to call it then? Please.. congrats for nothing. The girls are still losers in my book. Well the eagles are always losers so there.:D
The penalty is and has been called several times do to lineman getting injured. it was a clear cut penalty so quit making excuses for why your precious eagles may fall next week:D :stirpot: :taunt: :stirpot:

MJMbrahmas10
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Its Peyton manning he threw 4 int. How often does he throw only 2. Not often. Cowbos did something right obviously. With confusing him or leading him to think it was there. And the colts had a Lot to playfor an the cowboys had nothing. Which makes it even bigger

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Its Peyton manning he threw 4 int. How often does he throw only 2. Not often. Cowbos did something right obviously. With confusing him or leading him to think it was there. And the colts had a Lot to playfor an the cowboys had nothing. Which makes it even bigger

except Manning has been a int machine..he threw7 in the last two coming in to this game..the injuries to his WR corp and his bad play is just as much a factor as he Cowboy secondary who ALL year has been torched

GrTigers6
12-05-2010, 08:22 PM
except Manning has been a int machine..he thre 3 last week( and 5 in the last two games coming into this one)..the injuries to his WR corp and his bad play is just as much a factor as he Cowboy secondary who ALL year has been torched Yes the alan ball int was a underthrown ball, however ball finally did get to the ball to make a play on it, which he hasnt done all year, he has always been a step behind.
I saw a lot of pass defensed today. that we havent seen all year. I think there was an improvement in the secondary, but still have a long way to go.

sinton66
12-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Yes the alan ball int was a underthrown ball, however ball finally did get to the ball to make a play on it, which he hasnt done all year, he has always been a step behind.
I saw a lot of pass defensed today. that we havent seen all year. I think there was an improvement in the secondary, but still have a long way to go.

I agree. I saw several pass breakups by the Dallas D. The effort put forth looked much better today.

As far as Keith's asinine statements, he just can't stand the fact that the Cowboys are finally showing some signs of life. I don't know if they can beat the Eagles or not, but either way, I see encouragement and a definite change in direction for this team.

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't get how you guys can really be happy with this win. I mean the refs literally gave the cowgirls the game. The call on that FG that gave the girls another 3 chances to punch it in at the goalline was total BS. That happens every game and never gets called but they decide to call it then? Please.. congrats for nothing. The girls are still losers in my book.

your book isnt worth the paper its written on

bobcat1
12-05-2010, 09:02 PM
problem was..Dallas got no sacks and really no pressure in the game Exactly. That was a big concern to me after watching the game. I was impressed with Sean Lee's play today not counting his 2 ints. He played pretty solid. He could be very good in a couple of years.

Pendragon13
12-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't get how you guys can really be happy with this win. I mean the refs literally gave the cowgirls the game. The call on that FG that gave the girls another 3 chances to punch it in at the goalline was total BS. That happens every game and never gets called but they decide to call it then? Please.. congrats for nothing. The girls are still losers in my book. Remind me again how many Lombardi trophies are displayed at the eagles headquarters? I lost track sometime back..

bobcat1
12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't get how you guys can really be happy with this win. I mean the refs literally gave the cowgirls the game. The call on that FG that gave the girls another 3 chances to punch it in at the goalline was total BS. That happens every game and never gets called but they decide to call it then? Please.. congrats for nothing. The girls are still losers in my book. A Beagle fan calling some other team a loser. BBWWWHAAAAHHHHHAAAA! Some people's kids.:dispntd: Eagles are green with envy. That is why they picked it as their team colors.

Keith7
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
A Beagle fan calling some other team a loser. BBWWWHAAAAHHHHHAAAA! Some people's kids.:dispntd: Eagles are green with envy. That is why they picked it as their team colors.

Yes we are envious that we aren't 4-8 and out of the playoff picture. :doh:

bobcat1
12-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes we are envious that we aren't 4-8 and out of the playoff picture. :doh: Oh it will come for you. It does every year. 1961! LMAO!

Eagle 1
12-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Remind me again how many Lombardi trophies are displayed at the eagles headquarters? I lost track sometime back..

Funny how he never has a comeback for that one.

Keith7
12-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Funny how he never has a comeback for that one.

Why would I come back to the same old arguement that the cowgirl fans always use?? They could go 0-16 every year for the rest of eternity but they will always hold on to way back when. It's sad that cowgirl fans can't live in the now. Heck if their owner did maybe they would be good. :doh:

Keith7
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
And just wait, someone will post a photo of the Redskins' QB posing next to an empty trophy case and expect it to hurt my feelings..

Cowgirl fans are too predictable. :doh:

Eagle 1
12-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Why would I come back to the same old arguement that the cowgirl fans always use?? They could go 0-16 every year for the rest of eternity but they will always hold on to way back when. It's sad that cowgirl fans can't live in the now. Heck if their owner did maybe they would be good. :doh:

weak....I wouldn't have even bothered if that was all I could come up with. :doh:

3afan
12-05-2010, 10:16 PM

Cowgirl fans are too predictable. :doh:

you're the one that predictable! bad old shtick too

Eagle 1
12-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Yes we are envious that we aren't 4-8 and out of the playoff picture. :doh:

We will see next Sunday night.

sandmaster
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Not a pretty win but its a win now time to beat the eagles and continue messing up teams playoff hopes even if we can't make the playoffs. And for the INTS from Manning maybe they were his fault but they still all count the same in the stats book so it doesn't matter if it was great D play or poor offensive play by manning.

DaHop72
12-05-2010, 11:12 PM
The girls are still losers in my book. And you and the iggles are still losers in ours.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Why would I come back to the same old arguement that the cowgirl fans always use?? They could go 0-16 every year for the rest of eternity but they will always hold on to way back when. It's sad that cowgirl fans can't live in the now. Heck if their owner did maybe they would be good. :doh: And the Beagles can hold on to way back never.

BullBoy
12-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Remind me again how many Lombardi trophies are displayed at the eagles headquarters? I lost track sometime back.. here it is, the old "trophy" defence. :rolleyes:

Lucky2Coach
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM

Ok. Forget about the 5 Lombardi trophies...let's go to head to head record or last year's play-off game. The Eagles aren't even in the same realm of NFL stature as the Cowboys.

eagles_victory
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't get how you guys can really be happy with this win. I mean the refs literally gave the cowgirls the game. The call on that FG that gave the girls another 3 chances to punch it in at the goalline was total BS. That happens every game and never gets called but they decide to call it then? Please.. congrats for nothing. The girls are still losers in my book. The arguments just get dumber. First off it doesn't happen everytime. Does it happen sometimes and not get called a couple times it probably does. But people drink and drive and get away with it to does that mean when you catch them you should just let them go? It is not a stupid rule either it makes it a lot easier to block kicks when you use leverage. How did that give Dallas the game the Colts still tied it and went into overtime?

Why would I come back to the same old arguement that the cowgirl fans always use?? They could go 0-16 every year for the rest of eternity but they will always hold on to way back when. It's sad that cowgirl fans can't live in the now. Heck if their owner did maybe they would be good. :doh: Better to be a has been than a never will be.

BullBoy
12-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
Ok. Forget about the 5 Lombardi trophies...let's go to head to head record or last year's play-off game. The Eagles aren't even in the same realm of NFL stature as the Cowboys.

why is it that when ever there is an arguement cowgirl fans only want to talk about the seasons that dallas was good or bring up their trophies as a safety blanket to cover up their sucky season or famous playoff choke jobs? last year? ok, what about the year before last? or 07? 06? and if you bring up the head to head record for this season it's still 0-0 because both teams haven't played yet.:rolleyes: if my team was 4-8 i would not want to talk about this season either.:D

and it's going to be a hell of a game this sunday and i hope my team comes out on top (Philly). Dallas has been playing good offensively so it will be hard to stop them, and roy williams is no longer a decoy so it's gonna be tough. hopefully we can bust up that old man yall have for a QB and make him throw asante a few picks!:D

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BullBoy
why is it that when ever there is an arguement cowgirl fans only want to talk about the seasons that dallas was good or bring up their trophies as a safety blanket to cover up their sucky season or famous playoff choke jobs? last year? ok, what about the year before last? or 07? 06? and if you bring up the head to head record for this season it's still 0-0 because both teams haven't played yet.:rolleyes: if my team was 4-8 i would not want to talk about this season either.:D

picks!:D

ok..so what is Philly's record in SB in 06..07? 08? 09?

same as Dallas 0-0

BullBoy
12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
ok..so what is Philly's record in SB in 06..07? 08? 09?

same as Dallas 0-0

what? where did i say that philly won the superbowl those years? where did you see me boasting about past records? yall beat us 3 times last season, good job on that:clap: . how is beating philly 3 times last season gonna help dallas beat philly this season:thinking: ? hell we destroyed yall at the end of 08 and how did that big win help us beat dallas the next year? IT DIDN'T...:doh:

Farmersfan
12-06-2010, 11:17 AM

Do the Cowboys win that game yesterday with a QB playing other than Kitna????

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

yes they do..and they dont need overtime( Not that Kitna was bad) but they basically on offense played a game where the QB for Dallas was not a factor

eagles_victory
12-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Do the Cowboys win that game yesterday with a QB playing other than Kitna???? The tears have dried and he is back my friends. What brand of tissue did you use? Just wondering

eagles_victory
12-06-2010, 11:23 AM
yes they do..and they dont need overtime( Not that Kitna was bad) but they basically on offense played a game where the QB for Dallas was not a factor If Yea-Hoo isnt out there at reciever trying to find the ball and not catching a perfect pass on that flag route Kitna has a lot better numbers.

Bullaholic
12-06-2010, 11:27 AM
what? where did i say that philly won the superbowl those years? where did you see me boasting about past records? yall beat us 3 times last season, good job on that:clap: . how is beating philly 3 times last season gonna help dallas beat philly this season:thinking: ? hell we destroyed yall at the end of 08 and how did that big win help us beat dallas the next year? IT DIDN'T...:doh:

Bullboy--not that you owe an explanation--but why are you such an Eagles fan? Do you have roots in Philly, or go way back with them?

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If Yea-Hoo isnt out there at reciever trying to find the ball and not catching a perfect pass on that flag route Kitna has a lot better numbers.

and if Kitna hit a WIDE OPEN Austin the play before he has better numbers

eagles_victory
12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
and if Kitna hit a WIDE OPEN Austin the play before he has better numbers Perfect throw you can't put a flag route in a better position can't run the route for him.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Perfect throw you can't put a flag route in a better position can't run the route for him.

so blame austin for not seeing ball, but dont blame Kitna for missing him the play before when Austin was wide open but Kitna missed him?

BullBoy
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Bullboy--not that you owe an explanation--but why are you such an Eagles fan? Do you have roots in Philly, or go way back with them?

to answer Bullaholic:

McNabb was a big reason i became such a big fan of the team, he was a good QB back in those days and still can be a good QB if given good weapons and O-Line (and i was a bit disappointed when he was traded.) i used to never like football at all, thought it was boring as hell back in my younger days. everyone would show up to school talking football, cowboys this cowboys that, LT, Lavernious coles, and i had no clue what all that talk was about. i finally chose a team that i wanted to root for and started to sit down and watch these games on sundays, i ended up falling in love with FOOTBALL and the Eagles became my favorite team slowly but surely, i have followed them ever since and if i had the money for it i would attend every one of their games! it's kind of like how cowboy fans love their team so much that they will argue with you about how their team is the best until the end of time, thats how i am about the Eagles and of course the BULLS! my two favorite football teams. i have no connections to philly, no family up there. that is the team i chose to root for when i first started watching football and that is the team i will continue to follow and root for no matter how good or bad they are.:D

Bullaholic
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
to answer Bullaholic:

McNabb was a big reason i became such a big fan of the team, he was a good QB back in those days and still can be a good QB if given good weapons and O-Line (and i was a bit disappointed when he was traded.) i used to never like football at all, thought it was boring as hell back in my younger days. everyone would show up to school talking football, cowboys this cowboys that, LT, Lavernious coles, and i had no clue what all that talk was about. i finally chose a team that i wanted to root for and started to sit down and watch these games on sundays, i ended up falling in love with FOOTBALL and the Eagles became my favorite team slowly but surely, i have followed them ever since and if i had the money for it i would attend every one of their games! it's kind of like how cowboy fans love their team so much that they will argue with you about how their team is the best until the end of time, thats how i am about the Eagles and of course the BULLS! my two favorite football teams. i have no connections to philly, no family up there. that is the team i chose to root for when i first started watching football and that is the team i will continue to follow and root for no matter how good or bad they are.:D

Thanks, bullboy---you got 50% good football sense, anyhow...:D

BullBoy
12-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks, bullboy---you got 50% good football sense, anyhow...:D LOL come on now Bullaholic:D , well there is ONE team that i hate more than Dallas if that will make my football sense percentage go up a little more.:D

eagles_victory
12-06-2010, 12:32 PM
so blame austin for not seeing ball, but dont blame Kitna for missing him the play before when Austin was wide open but Kitna missed him? Are you talking about the ball in the endzone where Austin just stuck his arms out and did little else to try to catch the perfectly thrown ball right in the corner of the endzone?

GrTigers6
12-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Do the Cowboys win that game yesterday with a QB playing other than Kitna???? technically the offense really didnt do that well. If it wasnt for 200 yards of rushing they would have been bismal at best.
out of 38 points scored yesterday, 14 came from defense
another 17 came from turnovers other than the pick 6's. So really the first drive of the game and one more for a field goal is all they did on their own.
Now saying that they could have just gone one two three and punted after those other turnovers and they didnt so i am glad for that. but they still didnt do anything outstanding on offense yesterday other than the rushing game

Farmersfan
12-06-2010, 03:31 PM
technically the offense really didnt do that well. If it wasnt for 200 yards of rushing they would have been bismal at best.
out of 38 points scored yesterday, 14 came from defense
another 17 came from turnovers other than the pick 6's. So really the first drive of the game and one more for a field goal is all they did on their own.
Now saying that they could have just gone one two three and punted after those other turnovers and they didnt so i am glad for that. but they still didnt do anything outstanding on offense yesterday other than the rushing game

The offense scored 24 points! Had 40 minutes of possession time! Had 24 first downs (12 by rush, 11 by pass). And the QB had a rating of 100. I think the offense was huge yesterday! And I am amazed at the number of people not givng Kitna credit for his best season so far in his NFL career!

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 03:54 PM
The offense scored 24 points! Had 40 minutes of possession time! Had 24 first downs (12 by rush, 11 by pass). And the QB had a rating of 100. I think the offense was huge yesterday! And I am amazed at the number of people not givng Kitna credit for his best season so far in his NFL career! Personally I think he is doing great and I love his passion.

Eagle 1
12-06-2010, 04:02 PM
to answer Bullaholic:

No....really? :D

Macarthur
12-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Are you talking about the ball in the endzone where Austin just stuck his arms out and did little else to try to catch the perfectly thrown ball right in the corner of the endzone?

He stretched out for that ball. Kitna missed it.

I'm not dissing Kitna. He's played very well this year, but there were a couple of throws that is the difference in a good NFL QB and a top 10 NFL QB. That throw to Austin was one of them.

bobcat1
12-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
He stretched out for that ball. Kitna missed it.

I'm not dissing Kitna. He's played very well this year, but there were a couple of throws that is the difference in a good NFL QB and a top 10 NFL QB. That throw to Austin was one of them. Actually Miles seemed to slow his route and then realized he was thrown to. It was just a split second but it was a difference maker in the pass being caught or not.

BullBoy
12-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
No....really? :D no.

GrTigers6
12-06-2010, 04:42 PM
The offense scored 24 points! Had 40 minutes of possession time! Had 24 first downs (12 by rush, 11 by pass). And the QB had a rating of 100. I think the offense was huge yesterday! And I am amazed at the number of people not givng Kitna credit for his best season so far in his NFL career! I didnt say they did bad, just not as good as the score would indicate. the reason we had so much time of possesion is because of four turnovers. They did do a good job of controlling the clock which comes with the success running the ball.
I am not criticizing Kitna, just saying to all you people that think he is better than romo that Kitna has played more games than romo this year and romo's numbers are still better. And Romo had to play with a team that didnt care and had no discipline.
Yes kitna is surprising better than I have seen him but he didnt set the bar very high to begin with.

Pendragon13
12-06-2010, 06:28 PM
to answer Bullaholic:

McNabb was a big reason i became such a big fan of the team, he was a good QB back in those days and still can be a good QB if given good weapons and O-Line (and i was a bit disappointed when he was traded.) i used to never like football at all, thought it was boring as hell back in my younger days. everyone would show up to school talking football, cowboys this cowboys that, LT, Lavernious coles, and i had no clue what all that talk was about. i finally chose a team that i wanted to root for and started to sit down and watch these games on sundays, i ended up falling in love with FOOTBALL and the Eagles became my favorite team slowly but surely, i have followed them ever since and if i had the money for it i would attend every one of their games! it's kind of like how cowboy fans love their team so much that they will argue with you about how their team is the best until the end of time, thats how i am about the Eagles and of course the BULLS! my two favorite football teams. i have no connections to philly, no family up there. that is the team i chose to root for when i first started watching football and that is the team i will continue to follow and root for no matter how good or bad they are.:D Umm...no offense at all, but that is just wierd.:thinking:

I might understand this if you grew up in a state closer to Philly, or had any ties whatsoever to the team/state...but you grew up in Bridgeport Texas and just randomly chose the most hated rival of the Cowboys as "your team"? I ain't buyin it..;)

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Umm...no offense at all, but that is just wierd.:thinking:

I might understand this if you grew up in a state closer to Philly, or had any ties whatsoever to the team/state...but you grew up in Bridgeport Texas and just randomly chose the most hated rival of the Cowboys as "your team"? I ain't buyin it..;)

My mom is a HUGE Redskin fan she chose them because she liked Billy Kilmer and everyone else in family were Cowboy fans

Pendragon13
12-06-2010, 06:39 PM
My mom is a HUGE Redskin fan she chose them because she liked Billy Kilmer and everyone else in family were Cowboy fans Women are different though...they tend to choose teams based on nothing more than uniform color schemes and such.

edit- no offense to the football guru ladies here though.:D

Farmersfan
12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I didnt say they did bad, just not as good as the score would indicate. the reason we had so much time of possesion is because of four turnovers. They did do a good job of controlling the clock which comes with the success running the ball.
I am not criticizing Kitna, just saying to all you people that think he is better than romo that Kitna has played more games than romo this year and romo's numbers are still better. And Romo had to play with a team that didnt care and had no discipline.
Yes kitna is surprising better than I have seen him but he didnt set the bar very high to begin with.

Thanks for making my point GrTiger6!!!!

First let me ask who ever said Kitna was better than Romo? I have not seen anybody make that statement.
Everything you said falls exactly into the category of Romo excuse making! All the comments about how the team was playing with Romo and how it is playing now has been discussed relentlessly and it won't be solved on here. The only thing we need to be concerned with is that a 38 year old, has-been/never-was QB who has not played a game in 2 years has been able to perform with this team at a level that equals our franchise QB!!!! The only thing that will dismiss those facts will be if Romo comes back into this improved team and sets the world on fire. I suspect that won't happen. But hey, what do I know???

BullBoy
12-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Umm...no offense at all, but that is just wierd.:thinking:

Yeah that sounds about right & I don't really care if you believe me or not.;) you keep on rooting for those Cowboys and i'll keep on rooting for those Eagles buddy. just because i'm from Texas and live in Texas doesn't mean i have to support or be a fan of teams from Texas.:rolleyes: there's a crap load of cowboy fans all over the U.S. that have probably never even set foot in Texas, are you saying you don't "buy it" that they're also fans as much as you or any other fan because they didn't grow up in Texas?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Yeah that sounds about right & I don't really care if you believe me or not.;) you keep on rooting for those Cowboys and i'll keep on rooting for those Eagles buddy. just because i'm from Texas and live in Texas doesn't mean i have to support or be a fan of teams from Texas.:rolleyes: there's a crap load of cowboy fans all over the U.S. that have probably never even set foot in Texas, are you saying you don't "buy it" that they're also fans as much as you or any other fan because they didn't grow up in Texas?:thinking:

u root for who u want and screw everyone else I say. Glad u found ur team no matter who it was!

slpybear the bullfan
12-07-2010, 10:41 AM

The Cowboys won that game because...

1.) They RAN the ball. It was an Indy team that has trouble with the run, but they ran Choice for 19 and 100. That was the main thing IMHO. That kept the DLine of Indy respecting the run and not teeing off. That gave Kitna more pocket passes. And that kept the Indy O off the field.

2.) Manning played unusually poor... or his WRs did. Either way, he threw bad passes. 3 of those INTs I do hang on either him or the receiver. The tip I think is a credit to Dallas.

slickarick
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Dang good game, kitna steped up, Manning trying to hard made mistakes. Wish Dallas would have played that hard all year.

eagleqb_14
12-07-2010, 10:02 PM
i predict the cowboys will win next years superbowl

Keith7
12-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
i predict the cowboys will win next years superbowl

Wait, isn't that what cowgirl fans have said the past 4 years? :doh:

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Wait, isn't that what cowgirl fans have said the past 4 years? :doh:

yea and those poor Eagles..still aint won one

Keith7
12-07-2010, 10:06 PM
yea and those poor Eagles..still aint won one

and the poor cowgirls have won 1 playoff game in 15 years but their fans still think they are shoe-ins for the Super Bowl. :doh:

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2010, 10:07 PM
and the poor cowgirls have won 1 playoff game in 15 years but their fans still think they are shoe-ins for the Super Bowl. :doh:

and again..The Eagles still have never won a SB..u can have 100 wins in the last 15 years in the play offs, but if you cannot win the SB what does it matter?

Eagle 1
12-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Our like our chances better than yours even with all the loses we have this year. :p

Keith7
12-07-2010, 10:10 PM
and again..The Eagles still have never won a SB..u can have 100 wins in the last 15 years in the play offs, but if you cannot win the SB what does it matter?

It matters because you can laugh at other teams that can only say they have win one game in the playoffs over that same span. :D :D

sinton66
12-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Game's over. Put it to bed.