PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Bowl

GetRDoneStangs
12-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Mustang Bowl will have hosted games in every classification this year. All the way from 6 man to 5A.....pretty cool I thought.

DU_stud04
12-05-2010, 01:59 PM
how did they do the field for the 6man game?

Keith7
12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/6036fb1f_1fc9_fd05.jpg

GetRDoneStangs
12-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
how did they do the field for the 6man game?

I did not make it Friday night, but I think they just chalked the lines and used temp. goal posts.

They have one of the 1A Semi-finals this Friday.

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I did not make it Friday night, but I think they just chalked the lines and used temp. goal posts.

They have one of the 1A Semi-finals this Friday.

Class A Division II

State Semi-Finals

Springlake-Earth (13-1) vs. Windthorst (12-1) Friday 7:30 pm Mustang Bowl, Sweetwater

Pendragon13
12-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Bulldog stadium at Wylie still has more seating capacity though.:taunt:

j/k, I like the Mustang bowl....and regular wins there aren't bad either.:D

GrTigers6
12-05-2010, 04:02 PM
how did they do the field for the 6man game? We paint the sidelines with temporary turf paint and then clean it off with a solvent weed eater brush and a water hose. then use portable goal posts

DU_stud04
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
We paint the sidelines with temporary turf paint and then clean it off with a solvent weed eater brush and a water hose. then use portable goal posts interesting. when i heard they were having a 6man game there, i was wondering how they would do it. thanks!

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
interesting. when i heard they were having a 6man game there, i was wondering how they would do it. thanks!

It's not the first one Sweetwater has had in the playoffs. I have to wonder why Trent keeps
getting overlooked. They have an almost new
stadium with a turf field.

wildstangs
12-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It's not the first one Sweetwater has had in the playoffs. I have to wonder why Trent keeps
stadium with a turf field.

Yeah Sweetwater hosted the state championship several times. I am guessing they want more seating, and Trent has very little of that.

Doesn't Blackwell have turf now too?

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Yeah Sweetwater hosted the state championship several times. I am guessing they want more seating, and Trent has very little of that.

Doesn't Blackwell have turf now too?
Not sure if they have turf. But, I did notice they basically have a entirely new campus when I
drove through there on my way to San Angelo. They do have new stands and scoreboard. But,
I couldn't see the field. I'll ask a co-worker tomorrow that lives there.

DU_stud04
12-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
stadium with a turf field. i know its not the first one, ive been to a few before...but its the first one i remember since they've put in turf.....grass is easy to paint some lines down....turf is a different story and one i didn't know how they did till he explained it.