PDA

View Full Version : DI State Championship - Henderson vs Tyler Chapel Hill

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Best of luck to both teams!

NHSBulldog75
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
After seeing them blast Columbia in the semis, I don't see anyone having the line talent to stand up to the 'Dogs....yes, their skill folks are VERY good and they have some of the best team speed i have seen in 45+ years of watching high school football, but their offensive and defensive lines are the difference in the game. Unless Henderson can match up on the line, my early prediction is

TCH 45, Henderson 14

Chillfan
12-04-2010, 06:48 PM
The battle of Hwy 64. Communities just 20 miles apart. Henderson's coach took CH to state in 1989. Should be a great one.

baseballcoach13
12-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I haven't seen Henderson but just from what I've heard about them I predict CH wins 38-17.

Tin Cup
12-04-2010, 09:01 PM
TCH must be REALLLLLY good.

Hill 41
Henderson 14

garciap77
12-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Henderson by 7!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 11:29 PM
If Barnes was healthy for Henderson I would give them a chance, but I tell u..CH might be the best team I have seen in 3A this year

j_dog
12-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If Barnes was healthy for Henderson I would give them a chance, but I tell u..CH might be the best team I have seen in 3A this year
Anybody know what the deal was with CH only beating Athens 38-35? Did CH not play some players? Have injuries? Had a down game because they had their spot in the playoffs? I expected to see a really strong Athens team last night based upon that score. Perhaps they were truly a strong team, but if so then Coldspring is the real, real deal.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Anybody know what the deal was with CH only beating Athens 38-35? Did CH not play some players? Have injuries? Had a down game because they had their spot in the playoffs? I expected to see a really strong Athens team last night based upon that score. Perhaps they were truly a strong team, but if so then Coldspring is the real, real deal.

It is not like Athens did not go far as well lol..yes I know Coldspring put a beat down on them..but that happens in games, they get away from the losing team...I dont know( not seen box score)..how much Athen's stud ended up playing he had been a couple of weeks ago

j_dog
12-05-2010, 12:03 AM
It is not like Athens did not go far as well lol..yes I know Coldspring put a beat down on them..but that happens in games, they get away from the losing team...I dont know( not seen box score)..how much Athen's stud ended up playing he had been a couple of weeks ago
Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to get a fix on comparing the two games. I think Athen's stud played the whole game. And had some good plays. But basically, it seemed to me he was scrambling from the CS rush most of the time. CS seemed to be living in the Athens backfield most of the time.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to get a fix on comparing the two games. I think Athen's stud played the whole game. And had some good plays. But basically, it seemed to me he was scrambling from the CS rush most of the time. CS seemed to be living in the Athens backfield most of the time.

No the QB Tevin Watson is not there STUd( he is good) Kendall Sanders is there stud RB who had over 1,000 on the ground and 720 yards RECEIVING with 23 total TDs

He only had 5 carries in the game( Not saying at all iot would have mattered, but he was a big cog in their offense)

Chillfan
12-05-2010, 12:22 AM
No the QB Tevin Watson is not there STUd( he is good) Kendall Sanders is there stud RB who had over 1,000 on the ground and 720 yards RECEIVING with 23 total TDs

He only had 5 carries in the game( Not saying at all iot would have mattered, but he was a big cog in their offense)

Athens played us tough. CH had some stupid turnovers (snapping ball over punters head in our own territory) and Athens made us pay.

lostaussie
12-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Good luck to Henderson and congrats for making it to the dance. End of the line..............Chapel Hill is gonna ROLL big. I been on the dawg bandwagon since early in the season. They are very very good!!!

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
It is very hard to lose your QB and win this time of year. With a healthy QB I think Henderson wins. Since that will not be the case Chapel Hill gets the knod.

Look out Chapel Hill. I expect Henderson will have some sort of suprise for you on offense.

baseballcoach13
12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Unless the surprise is finding a way to use 17 players i don't see it mattering much.

Dub-C
12-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
It is very hard to lose your QB and win this time of year. With a healthy QB I think Henderson wins. Since that will not be the case Chapel Hill gets the knod.

Look out Chapel Hill. I expect Henderson will have some sort of suprise for you on offense.

What??????? SMH, I know you have seem them, CHILL whooped yall just as bad as they whooped WC. or am I missing something here. Didn't Carthage beat Henderson?

lostaussie
12-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Dub-C
What??????? SMH, I know you have seem them, CHILL whooped yall just as bad as they whooped WC. or am I missing something here. Didn't Carthage beat Henderson? Early in the year and Carthage played without several key starters against CHill. He picked Henderson to win it and I respect that pick. Maybe he saw something to persuade his pick. Henderson lost to both Carthage and Gilmer. Carthage got rolled by CHill, but they were without key players. Nevertheless, in my opinion, won't make a hill of beans in this game. CHill may be the best 3A team in the state this year.

Dub-C
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Early in the year and Carthage played without several key starters against CHill. He picked Henderson to win it and I respect that pick. Maybe he saw something to persuade his pick. Henderson lost to both Carthage and Gilmer. Carthage got rolled by CHill, but they were without key players. Nevertheless, in my opinion, won't make a hill of beans in this game. CHill may be the best 3A team in the state this year.

I respect his pick too. But WC was a good team too. I seem alot of good teams from our area Bay City, Katy, ect. Chill is the most dominate 3A team I think I ever seen.

oldtownag
12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Dub-C
I respect his pick too. But WC was a good team too. I seem alot of good teams from our area Bay City, Katy, ect. Chill is the most dominate 3A team I think I ever seen.

In the pick contest I had CH and Henderson meeting in the final with Henderson winning. Henderson has opened up there offense since losses to Carthage and Gilmer. CH and Henderson were the best teams Carthage has played this year.

I think CH wins now that the Henderson QB is out. I am just sorry Carthage is playing at the same time so I will have to miss this game.

necks88
12-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Chill will shutout Henderson, get ready for it.

Tin Cup
12-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Where's the Henderson goober that was running his mouth about how bad Alvarado was

ccmom
12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Where's the Henderson goober that was running his mouth about how bad Alvarado was He retracted that claim and gave Alvarado props.

By the way, I'm pretty sure you didn't give Alvarado much credit, yourself. :thinking:

;)

j_dog
12-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Chillfan
Athens played us tough. CH had some stupid turnovers (snapping ball over punters head in our own territory) and Athens made us pay.
Thanks. Turnovers would be a huge factor, as well as a RB being shut down. CS did give Athens one turnover early that lead to their first TD. Athens had a great season. They were just not quite an overall match for Coldspring.

scrub c
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
I take Chapel Hill in this one.
They are VERY good.

footballfan2010
12-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Dont have any ties to this game but I wish both teams the best of luck and Congratulate them both for making it to state! At this point its anyones game in my opinion, i've never seen TCH play but have seen Henderson. As I say its anyones game! Prayers for safe travel for both teams and fans! Good luck to both teams! :)

Lions88
12-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Where's the Henderson goober that was running his mouth about how bad Alvarado was

I am here you tool.

Go read what I wrote about alvarado in the Alvarado VS Henderson thread.

lostaussie
12-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by necks88
Chill will shutout Henderson, get ready for it. I don't know that you will be wrong in this prediction. I think the chances are very good. I will be suprised if Henderson stays within 28.

x-factor
12-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Good luck to both team this weekend. Right now I think that CH is playing the best football right now, cant see Henderson beating them.

slickarick
12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Going to Be a great game, going to come down to the final drive.

Chillfan
12-07-2010, 06:12 PM
video of three playoff games Madisonville, Navasota, and West Columbia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULpPJCtktD8

HEMOTOXIC
12-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Not sure what else CHILL has to do to prove how dominant they are.:confused:

From the two games that I've seen, Navasota & WC, CHILL is DOMINANT on both sides of the ball. Both Navasota and WC were playing really good football. And, CHILL put an end to all of that. The Bulldogs are the most impressive 3A team that I have seen since the '07 Liberty Hill team.

CHILL by atleast 21.

Good Luck to both teams!

unclebeebeep
12-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Im picking Chapel Hill

LIONS#1
12-08-2010, 12:04 AM
chill

lostaussie
12-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by slickarick
Going to Be a great game, going to come down to the final drive. Negative Ghost Rider

waterboy
12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
As much as I'd like to see the Lions get that first state championship, I just don't see them being able to beat Chapel Hill. The Bulldogs are the best team in 3A this year, period. I'm sure there are "some" people who believe different, but I'm just being real......:D

ccmom
12-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
As much as I'd like to see the Lions get that first state championship, I just don't see them being able to beat Chapel Hill. The Bulldogs are the best team in 3A this year, period. I'm sure there are "some" people who believe different, but I'm just being real......:D Blasphemy!!!!:eek: :eek:

waterboy
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Blasphemy!!!!:eek: :eek:
:D .........But it IS "fact", as "some" would call it, just because it is not gonna be proven otherwise. So, there!!:p That's about as logical as "some" people think, although I would like to see them match up with the best in DII, whoever that ends up being, it's not gonna happen.....:eek: ......so I guess my "fact" can't be proven, or disproven.

garciap77
12-08-2010, 07:00 PM
As much as I'd like to see the Lions get that first state championship, I just don't see them being able to beat Chapel Hill. The Bulldogs are the best team in 3A this year, period. I'm sure there are "some" people who believe different, but I'm just being real......:D

As in the Wylie Bulldogs!:D:D:D:D

;)

FmrPirate14
12-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Good Luck to both teams! Im picking Chapel Hill in this one; have an injury free game

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2010, 07:55 PM
All I know is, WC was playing some pretty dang good football and got pounded by CH.

VERY VERY impressive team TCH has this year. I can't see them losing after what they did to both Navasota and WC.

I'll pick CHILL by 21.

waterboy
12-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
As in the Wylie Bulldogs!:D:D:D:D

;)
:doh: I forgot about the "other" Lions and Bulldogs playing "this week", which kind of leaves Wylie out!;) I'm thinking Bulldogs beat the Lions in both, however!;) :D

oldtownag
12-09-2010, 08:58 AM
:D .........But it IS "fact", as "some" would call it, just because it is not gonna be proven otherwise. So, there!!:p That's about as logical as "some" people think, although I would like to see them match up with the best in DII, whoever that ends up being, it's not gonna happen.....:eek: ......so I guess my "fact" can't be proven, or disproven.

Carthage should help the "argument" on Friday.

garciap77
12-09-2010, 01:34 PM
:doh: I forgot about the "other" Lions and Bulldogs playing "this week", which kind of leaves Wylie out!;) I'm thinking Bulldogs beat the Lions in both, however!;) :D

:D

icu812
12-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Nice article on the CHill backs:

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20101209/SPORTS05/12080375

ChillPill
12-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Welp, it looks like this will be my new home. I was on smoaky.com, but it's full of homers that just want to trash talk the entire time. I think CH will win, and I think the defense will be the big difference between the two teams.

buckeyebob
12-10-2010, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
The Bulldogs are the most impressive 3A team that I have seen since the '07 Liberty Hill team.

Boo!! Hiss!!

buckeyebob
12-10-2010, 05:53 AM
The Bulldogs are the best team in 3A this year, period. I'm sure there are "some" people who believe different, but I'm just being real......:D

Including the NAME THAT SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN?http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-confused013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-confused013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

buckeyebob
12-10-2010, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by ChillPill
Welp, it looks like this will be my new home. I was on smoaky.com, but it's full of homers that just want to trash talk the entire time. I think CH will win, and I think the defense will be the big difference between the two teams.

You think Smoak is bad....wait 'til you meet Rocket. Just a warning!!

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Boo!! Hiss!!
:D You know he speaks the truth! ;)

BaseballUmp
12-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Coaches last game (http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20101210/SPORTS05/12100319)

wimbo_pro
12-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I have no allegiance to either team...but seeing how my father grew up around Henderson...I'm going with them!!! Get er done!!!

buckeyebob
12-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Hend running all over Chill

Ranger354
12-10-2010, 10:10 PM
scores??????

scrub c
12-10-2010, 10:12 PM
wow...
henderson must be REALLY good.

COME ON CHAPEL HILL

mac77
12-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Chapel Hill has shot themselves in the foot at every turn and Henderson has taken advantage. CH looks like a different team from what we saw last week.