PDA

View Full Version : DII Semifinals (III & IV): Coldspring vs Wimberley

Pages : [1] 2

trojandad
12-04-2010, 02:02 AM
according to the chronicle, the game will be played at floyd casey stadium in waco, next friday night at 7:30 pm....

does anyone know where a posted schedule of championship games the following week would be?

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
according to the chronicle, the game will be played at floyd casey stadium in waco, next friday night at 7:30 pm....

does anyone know where a posted schedule of championship games the following week would be?

Good question TrojanDad. However, it will be of no use to you!!!LOL...kidding of course...I look forward to the banter over the next week.

Tell me about your team and your town. The history? The record? Your type of offense?

ccmom
12-04-2010, 02:10 AM

does anyone know where a posted schedule of championship games the following week would be? Here is one..

http://www.arlington.org/sports-recreation/cowboys-football/onsite/article-details?id=429

old dragon
12-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey Trojandad, you guys just keep on chugging huh? Congrats on another great win and good luck next week,we will be pulling for yall.

rb585
12-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Ugh, seriously, who came up with Waco on a Friday night? That will be a hellish drive for both teams' fans.

Wimberley probably had their biggest fan turnout ever (including home games) last night... doubt we'll see half that many next week.

GrTigers6
12-04-2010, 11:08 AM
You can also try the UIL website for playoff brackets

Matthew328
12-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by rb585
Ugh, seriously, who came up with Waco on a Friday night? That will be a hellish drive for both teams' fans.

Wimberley probably had their biggest fan turnout ever (including home games) last night... doubt we'll see half that many next week.

reason its Friday night is neither team wants to play the championship on a short week of rest

ogg
12-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Good question TrojanDad. However, it will be of no use to you!!!LOL...kidding of course...I look forward to the banter over the next week.

Tell me about your team and your town. The history? The record? Your type of offense?

Some of their stats remind me of Liberty Hill.

lbjacj
12-04-2010, 11:36 AM

Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans
Head Coach - Bryan Barbay
Champion - District 22-3A

Offense Average Points Scored Per Game: 42.0
Average Total Yards Per Game: 439.2
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 374.8
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 64.4

Offensive Leaders Passing: #5 - Alfred Scott, 39-77, 837 yd., 9 TD, 6 INT
Rushing:#24 - Cody Cummings, 246 carries, 2154 yd., 25 TD
#1 - Sherman Gilbert, 138 carries, 1468 yd., 19 TD
#2 - Tevin Bryant, 96 carries 524 yd., 10 TD
Receiving:#1 - Sherman Gilbert, 10 receptions, 198 yd., 3 TD
#88 - Caleb Shelly, 8 receptions, 188 yd., 2 TD
#84 - Kelton Perry, 5 receptions, 178 yd., 2 TD

Defense Average Points Allowed Per Game: 12.0
Average Total Yards Per Game: 171.0
Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 83.5
Average Passing Yards Per Game: 87.5

2010 Results
Date Opponent Result
Aug. 27 Kirbyville L, 6-20
Sept. 3 at Madisonville W, 26-0
Sept. 10 Crockett W, 42-41
Sept. 17 at Orangefield W, 53-6
Sept. 24 Tarkington* W, 54-0
Oct. 1 at Shepherd* W, 56-8
Oct. 8 Splendora* W, 53-10
Oct. 15 at Cleveland* W, 48-8
Oct. 22 OPEN
Oct. 29 Huffman* W, 29-20
Nov. 5 at Liberty* W, 56-7

2010 Playoff Road
Round Opponent Result
Bi-District Bridge City W, 44-13
Area Columbus W, 53-3
Regionals Kirbyville W, 27-20
State Quarter-Final Athens W, 44-14

ogg
12-04-2010, 11:38 AM
This should be a Saturday game.
Lets see,,death trap I-35, Austin evening traffic, folks tired from working their butts off all week.

Nuts!

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 01:56 PM
OK...maybe someone can make this a sticky, right? Who wins? And who can tell me about Coldspring and their team?

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 01:58 PM
LOLOL...someone else did it right when i did!! Can a mod please delete this one??? LOL

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 02:05 PM
LOLOL...someone else did it right when i did!!
:D

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

YOU??!!???!!!! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 02:21 PM
YOU??!!???!!!! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!!!
I didn't see your poll or I would've used it instead of creating/merging/deleting & merging again. :p

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 02:25 PM
My pick is Wimberly....because I really like Wimbo!!!

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My pick is Wimberly....because I really like Wimbo!!!

*hugs RM* yeah baby...

DaHop72
12-04-2010, 02:33 PM
*hugs RM* yeah baby... SHUT UP WIMPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Old Cardinal
12-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Coldspring has their- grove -going right now.
I feel they win--this is based on there performance against some really good teams thus far.

rb585
12-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
reason its Friday night is neither team wants to play the championship on a short week of rest

I understand the Friday part, but I don't understand the Waco part.

I'd much rather drive to Brenham again, and I suspect that the Coldspring people would, too.

Predictions are worthless in this one. No one has much of a clue once you venture into another region. I am glad that Wimberley doesn't have to face a passing team, though...

lbjacj
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I understand the Friday part, but I don't understand the Waco part.

I'd much rather drive to Brenham again, and I suspect that the Coldspring people would, too.

Predictions are worthless in this one. No one has much of a clue once you venture into another region. I am glad that Wimberley doesn't have to face a passing team, though...

Yes.That is one area that concerns me greatly.

LHdog
12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Wimberley steps up to a different level of competition in Coldspring. Trojans roll 35-14.

lbjacj
12-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
Wimberley steps up to a different level of competition in Coldspring. Trojans roll 35-14.

I can't see an offense based on the run to score 35 points on us.That is our defense's strongest area.And I don't believe any team can hold us to just 14 points.Sealy held us to our lowest point total of the year at 31.

Louie13
12-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I like Wimberley and would want it for them, but I am picking Coldspring based on facts/data?

:nerd:

trojandad
12-04-2010, 04:07 PM

back at ya....we're a normal single wing team that two years previous was anchored and built behind a 6'5", 250 lb rb/lb with good speed who went to tech, then last year around a 3 yr starter at qb that led more of a speed team, when the speed team of last year outperformed the strength team of the two years before, barbay loaded the backfield with the most speed he could.....we lost to k'ville the first game primarily riding the star rb from the previus year that took us 3 levels deep, and he made the swap to giving equal time with cummings and gilbert (who was out earlier with an injury).....barbay has split carries pretty evenly and it has produced an awkward problem on crossbucks and misdirections...

gilbert, a junior, is brother of justin gilbert (thanks jdog:clap: ) from huntsville and now freshman return man/cb at ok state who's had a great year.....we throw to keep the defense honest, but i go to the games to watch the blocking schemes, these guys are just really clicking that way.....

defensive strength is our line, speed and strength.....i have no idea how many sacks we had on athens last night but my guess is double digits and it could have been double that if not for the athens qb athleticism.....we have athletes in the backfield and individual players excelling, just not the same type of scheme the line has......

our qb has been good protecting the ball; when we go thru a game with just one fumble or int we do well....as the year goes on he's gotten better with his fakes and pumps....

first time in our history we have defeated every team we've played that year.....we're 3-0 in 4th round games and 1-1 in 5th rounders.....

how about you guys? i know less than nothing on you except AP is impressed with y'all........:clap: :clap:

rb585
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
What scares me most about this game...

The name "Barbay."

Coldspring will be well-schooled and ready to play.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 04:38 PM
trojandad - need any help this week? :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

trojandad
12-04-2010, 04:40 PM

i'm still in mourning of the choice of going to waco.....i was fully expecting a drive across college station to kyle field.......oh well...

health is gettin better tho, thank the Lord.......

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 04:42 PM
health is gettin better tho, thank the Lord.......
That's great news!

But - I was wondering if you needed help with the smackdown on here. :devil:

trojandad
12-04-2010, 04:46 PM
i've never had to face up with the wimbo bunch.....i thought i'd keep playing the "woe is our little school" card....seems to work for barbay........LOL

hey, mom, will take all the help i can get, you know me.......

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 04:47 PM
i thought i'd keep playing the "woe is our little school" card....seems to work for barbay........LOL
LOL! I like that! :D

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
That's great news!

But - I was wondering if you needed help with the smackdown on here. :devil:

Hey, come on now. I thought you were a moderator, not an instigator. LOL!! ;)

:stirpot:

lbjacj
12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
I wasn't going to post this but after hearing this for the 3rd time I had to.I have heard from 3 different people that #5 may return for next weeks game.Now these may be just rumors but after reading the following comment I'm not so sure.This is from a tweet by Austin American Statesman sportswriter Danny Davis...

"Talked to Wimberley coach Weldon Nelms today and he confirmed that Dennis Smith has not been kicked off the Texans' football team."

I have mixed feelings about this.
On one hand I feel everyone deserves a second chance and what coach wouldn't want him on their team?
On the other hand it wouldn't be fair to Trinity to ask him to turn the RB duties back over to him after the way he has played.I will wait and see what transpires this week.

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
I wasn't going to post this but after hearing this for the 3rd time I had to.I have heard from 3 different people that #5 may return for next weeks game.Now these may be just rumors but after reading the following comment I'm not so sure.This is from a tweet by Austin American Statesman sportswriter Danny Davis...

"Talked to Wimberley coach Weldon Nelms today and he confirmed that Dennis Smith has not been kicked off the Texans' football team."

I have mixed feelings about this.
On one hand I feel everyone deserves a second chance and what coach wouldn't want him on their team?
On the other hand it wouldn't be fair to Trinity to ask him to turn the RB duties back over to him after the way he has played.I will wait and see what transpires this week.

I feel much the same way lbjacj. I think we play with the lineup that has brought us thus far. We could use him more on defense. Not sure how "football ready"with the long layoff he would be either way. This is just something I wished never happened. Such is life.

snaxet
12-04-2010, 06:13 PM
He was never kicked off team. That was from Danny Davis who doesn't have a clue. We should hope he comes back and we all know that Coach will not move him ahead of Trinity. He can help us but more importantly we need to not let that be a focal point. He has endured his punishment now let him move forward.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I dont think he will replace Wilson. I think he will be used 100% on defense, and play a supporting role on offense.

lbjacj
12-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Ok.It has been confirmed to my satisfaction.He will be on the team for next weeks game!!
I think Trinity will start but Dennis will most likely get some touches and probably play a lot on defense!
I'm ready for Friday!!!:clap:

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM

Oh stop LHPM. You know you want us to win, and you know you will support us!! Just let us talk to TrojabDad and have a straight forward and honest exchange of our teams performance.

TrojanDad...we run the Slot-T. We only pass 2 or 3 times a game, and that is only if we are forced to. We bunch up close on the line, and in a cloud of dust (even on turf), we push the ball forward 4 yards at a time. We are masters at misdirection...you wont be able to keep up with who has the ball. We are a bruising offensive line, all 5 over 300 lbs. Our QB can run a little, but he prefers to hand it off. If we had a receiver with any hands at all, we might pass the ball more...but as it is, we prefer to run, run, run...with a sweep once in a while. Speed is not our strength.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Ok.It has been confirmed to my satisfaction.He will be on the team for next weeks game!!
I think Trinity will start but Dennis will most likely get some touches and probably play a lot on defense!

I am told the team will vote on whether or not its a good idea to bring him in this late in the season. Dont know if that for sure, but I heard a couple kids talking about it yesterday.

snaxet
12-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Now that's being positive.

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Oh stop LHPM. You know you want us to win, and you know you will support us!! Just let us talk to TrojabDad and have a straight forward and honest exchange of our teams performance.

TrojanDad...we run the Slot-T. We only pass 2 or 3 times a game, and that is only if we are forced to. We bunch up close on the line, and in a cloud of dust (even on turf), we push the ball forward 4 yards at a time. We are masters at misdirection...you wont be able to keep up with who has the ball. We are a bruising offensive line, all 5 over 300 lbs. Our QB can run a little, but he prefers to hand it off. If we had a receiver with any hands at all, we might pass the ball more...but as it is, we prefer to run, run, run...with a sweep once in a while. Speed is not our strength.

:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :stirpot:

Tejastrue
12-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Maybe it's just me but I'm thinking this is all coming together for a reason, something very special!!

garciap77
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Wimberley by 14!:clap: :clap: :clap:

trojandad
12-04-2010, 09:31 PM

thanks for having mercy on me this week wimbo.....lol.....its appreciated.....

i appreciate that knowledge on y'all, sounds like two teams that will do it the old fashioned way, live and die on the ground....i didn't know your o line was that big, we only have a few that big....i LOVE these kind of games, games that are won and lost by the lines.....you sound like splendora used to be when brian robison played with them and they were winning each year with 300 lb lines, they supposedly had an agreement with their coach that if they could get the play to 4th and 2 or less, he promised them he's let them go for it everytime....they did it well.....

man, i know i'm ready for this, and i'm sure you guys are primed.....still fuming its not at kyle, but at least the following week isn't going to be someplace unknown.....good luck, buddy.....

lbjacj
12-04-2010, 09:35 PM
LOL:)

ogg
12-04-2010, 10:11 PM

Yessurrr, seeing that Slot-T always makes me feel fuzzy inside.

j_dog
12-04-2010, 10:43 PM

TrojanDad gave you a good honest evaluation of the Coldspring team.

Yeah, I have heard that before about no speed from central Texas teams. Somehow, it never seems true. :D I remember hearing the same stuff about Liberty Hill once upon a time.

But I did see CS for the first time this year last night. They are NOT a four yards and a cloud of dust team. It is more like 40 yards and a cloud of dust. CS has been flying under the radar this year. They are my nominee for the "sleeper" team of the year. I had no idea that CS had a brother of Justin Gilbert, OSU. Google him if you want a hint of the type football speed CS has. But if you can stop Gilbert, you will stop Coldspring cold. ;)

j_dog
12-04-2010, 10:58 PM
I know comparative scores can be deceptive and sometimes downright misleading and meaningless. However, I notice that Chapel Hill is being strongly picked to win state in Div I.

The team that CS generally dominated last night by 44-14, Athens, lost to Chapel Hill by only 35-38 in their final district game. On "paper" Wimberly sounds a lot like Athens. Big and strong. CS lived in Athen's backfield and offensively ran all over them.

Based upon those tenuous comparisons, I am going with CS by ten.

ogg
12-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
TrojanDad gave you a good honest evaluation of the Coldspring team.

Yeah, I have heard that before about no speed from central Texas teams. Somehow, it never seems true. :D I remember hearing the same stuff about Liberty Hill once upon a time.

But I did see CS for the first time this year last night. They are NOT a four yards and a cloud of dust team. It is more like 40 yards and a cloud of dust. CS has been flying under the radar this year. They are my nominee for the "sleeper" team of the year. I had no idea that CS had a brother of Justin Gilbert, OSU. Google him if you want a hint of the type football speed CS has. But if you can stop Gilbert, you will stop Coldspring cold. ;)

"you will stop Coldspring cold." You mean the Spring can get colder?

Burrr, it's cold in here.

j_dog
12-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by ogg
"you will stop Coldspring cold." You mean the Spring can get colder?

Burrr, it's cold in here.
last night, I think Athens was complaining about it being too hot. :(

trojandad
12-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I know comparative scores can be deceptive and sometimes downright misleading and meaningless. However, I notice that Chapel Hill is being strongly picked to win state in Div I.

The team that CS generally dominated last night by 44-14, Athens, lost to Chapel Hill by only 35-38 in their final district game. On "paper" Wimberly sounds a lot like Athens. Big and strong. CS lived in Athen's backfield and offensively ran all over them.

Based upon those tenuous comparisons, I am going with CS by ten.

hey jdog, sorry your not gonna be able to make it to waco, but i understand.....sure enjoyed dinner the other night as did my family.....

while i agree gilbert is our fastest man and probably the biggest threat, you can't forget that cody cummings has more yardage than him for the season.....if we were a one back offense i'd agree with you......

and i agree, we're not "3 yards and a cloud of dust", mainly because we don't have to be, but it doesn't mean that type of football is foreign....you guys obviously do it better than most, but knowing our d line and backers, if you guys ran it down the field the first possession, i'd enjoy watching which team can man on man stop each other........just because we can score quick doesnt mean we don't enjoy the trench's play....none of the teams this year have asked us "pretty please run through our line".......lol

j_dog
12-04-2010, 11:41 PM
........if we were a one back offense i'd agree with you......
oh, i do agree with YOU. just trying to help you set them up. ;) :D

actually, i think Coldspring is a lot like Jasper. They may be small, but they are slow to make up for the lack of size. :D

j_dog
12-04-2010, 11:45 PM
TrojanDad, I enjoyed the dinner also. Now, I owe you one. Call me the next time you are in Huntsville. I will introduce you to Salvadoran food! :)

trojandad
12-04-2010, 11:49 PM
TrojanDad, I enjoyed the dinner also. Now, I owe you one. Call me the next time you are in Huntsville. I will introduce you to Salvadoran food! :)

and i'll bring a drink holder with a lid......:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

trojandad
12-05-2010, 12:02 AM
btw, i'm not showing that we've played wimberley before.....do you guys show anything differently? (wos87?)

trojandad
12-05-2010, 12:13 AM

just lookin around for stats on you guys and i found one place showing that, for the year, you guys have 2,660 yds passing and 2,102 yds rushing through 14 games......

no passing game? are their stats wrong or are you trying to fool a fool? lol

snaxet
12-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Wimbo are you misbehavin!!!! (the "master of misdirection")

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 03:32 AM
just lookin around for stats on you guys and i found one place showing that, for the year, you guys have 2,660 yds passing and 2,102 yds rushing through 14 games......

no passing game? are their stats wrong or are you trying to fool a fool? lol

Ummmm....stats??? You actually looked at stats? Crap...BUSTED.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 03:36 AM
OK OK OK....I can't do it anymore. TrojanDad...you seem like a stand-up guy. I lied. Bigtime. I apologize to you. I had no idea you would actually look at stats. I need to come clean. But its late, and I am laughing so hard right now, that I will need some time to re-group. We'll talk tomorrow!!!

rb585
12-05-2010, 10:10 AM

Also need to watch out for the fumblerooski. We run it 4-5 times a game. Our left guard broke 100 yards rushing one game.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Also need to watch out for the fumblerooski. We run it 4-5 times a game. Our left guard broke 100 yards rushing one game.

LOL...ok guys...let's come clean. I hope he took it as it was meant. All in good fun. So, here it is...

We run the wishbone.

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2010, 10:48 AM
So, how many posters do Wimberley and Coldspring have on the
board and how many plan to be at this game? :thinking:

trojandad
12-05-2010, 10:56 AM
LOL...ok guys...let's come clean. I hope he took it as it was meant. All in good fun. So, here it is...

We run the wishbone.

well i'm glad i could help with a chuckle (even tho your the only ones on the board who would believe a law school grad like me would take one opinion on their team and not look for more)....at least i was honest on the first salvo......

there some other good laughs on the board i can refer you to, over on the kirbyville vs coldspring thread.....there were lots of good lines fired at us before the game......and THEY were two time defending state champs.....i save my laughs for after......:thinking:

lbjacj
12-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Straight from the horses mouth...
Posted on Facebook by dennis Smith...

"Dennis Smith
the dee-train is back on the tracks. playin friday. my boy trent has been doing it biggggggg. time 4 me to help my team on d"

So it appears by this statement that Trinity remains the starting RB and Dennis wil play on D.
This should help our pass defense a lot!:clap:

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 12:15 PM
well i'm glad i could help with a chuckle (even tho your the only ones on the board who would believe a law school grad like me would take one opinion on their team and not look for more)....at least i was honest on the first salvo......

there some other good laughs on the board i can refer you to, over on the kirbyville vs coldspring thread.....there were lots of good lines fired at us before the game......and THEY were two time defending state champs.....i save my laughs for after......:thinking:

Fair enough TrojanDad. Thanks for taking it like a sport...all in good fun! We run the spread, and we "spread" it around quite a bit with run vs pass. Once in a while, the QB will be under center, but thats not frequent at all. We have a couple of good sized boys up front, but as usual for Wimberley (and most small towns like us), the line looks lopsided with our 295 lb'er on one side, and 210 of the other...maybe 200. Since we lost our All State prospect Smith, who could pound it and knock players flat and then run them over, our running backs are quick and agile, hitting the holes with speed and quickness. But with that said, they too will hit you hard as well, and dont go down easy (Wilson, in particular).

Our passing game has improved, as the game film will show your coaches. But in my opinion, our most potent weapon is our QB Lambert. As the papers have reported, he will take off on you in a second, and he is fast and ellusive. And if you play the run on him, he will burn you on the pass. And boy, do we have a receiver or two who can turn that into 6 in a hurry (salute to Brennan)!

Our defense has improved over the play offs quite a bit, and I suspect they will be even better this Friday. We do a decent job against the run...bend, but dont break. Rumor in town has it that Smith will return this Friday night in the defensive backfield, improving our pass defense immensely.

We are almost all juniors in the skill positions, so we sometimes can show our age. But yet, these boys always find a way to overcome. Our coaches get the most out of these kids...we will come to play.

We are VERY well coached, and our boys are good at the fundementals of the game. We rarely get sloppy, and we come to play.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Straight from the horses mouth...
Posted on Facebook by dennis Smith...

"Dennis Smith
the dee-train is back on the tracks. playin friday. my boy trent has been doing it biggggggg. time 4 me to help my team on d"

So it appears by this statement that Trinity remains the starting RB and Dennis wil play on D.
This should help our pass defense a lot!:clap:

I saw that last night.

lbjacj
12-05-2010, 12:49 PM
This is from the DMN website...

"Coldspring-Oakhurst (13-1) vs. Wimberley 914-0)
7:30 Friday at Waco's Floyd Casey Stadium "

Coldspring doesn't stand a chance against that kind of winning streak!:p

ogg
12-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Brennen continues to amaze me. You guys see the plays where he ran from his far side D-back position and chase down Navarro's loose running back?

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by ogg
Brennen continues to amaze me. You guys see the plays where he ran from his far side D-back position and chase down Navarro's loose running back?

Yep...and add Lambert and Smith to the defensive backfield for the next couple games, and we are getting a LOT better.

lbjacj
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by ogg

Yes that was something!To say he is a fast kid is an understatement!
He will have some additional help back there this week with the "D train" returning!

snaxet
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
What makes this so interesting is that when Dennis was healthy and carrying the load on offense, Trinity Wilson was a key component of our defense at outside linebacker. He has continued to play there from time to time, but with Dennis coming back it will probably be Dennis moving in to help out at that spot. What a role reversal. Looking for a great night from the Texans on Friday night.

sinton66
12-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Fair enough TrojanDad. Thanks for taking it like a sport...all in good fun! We run the spread, and we "spread" it around quite a bit with run vs pass. Once in a while, the QB will be under center, but thats not frequent at all. We have a couple of good sized boys up front, but as usual for Wimberley (and most small towns like us), the line looks lopsided with our 295 lb'er on one side, and 210 of the other...maybe 200. Since we lost our All State prospect Smith, who could pound it and knock players flat and then run them over, our running backs are quick and agile, hitting the holes with speed and quickness. But with that said, they too will hit you hard as well, and dont go down easy (Wilson, in particular).

Our passing game has improved, as the game film will show your coaches. But in my opinion, our most potent weapon is our QB Lambert. As the papers have reported, he will take off on you in a second, and he is fast and ellusive. And if you play the run on him, he will burn you on the pass. And boy, do we have a receiver or two who can turn that into 6 in a hurry (salute to Brennan)!

Our defense has improved over the play offs quite a bit, and I suspect they will be even better this Friday. We do a decent job against the run...bend, but dont break. Rumor in town has it that Smith will return this Friday night in the defensive backfield, improving our pass defense immensely.

We are almost all juniors in the skill positions, so we sometimes can show our age. But yet, these boys always find a way to overcome. Our coaches get the most out of these kids...we will come to play.

We are VERY well coached, and our boys are good at the fundementals of the game. We rarely get sloppy, and we come to play.

I will second this. Trojandad, this one is honest and definitely not a joke.;)

Tejastrue
12-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Some good photos from the Navarro game. I especially like that #9 shot with all the camera guys in the background.

http://galleries.statesman.com/gallery/wimberley-vs-navarro-120310/#144869

wimbo_pro
12-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I will second this. Trojandad, this one is honest and definitely not a joke.;)

You know its all true when Sinton66 gives it his approval!! LOL...thanks Sinton66!!!

Tejastrue
12-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Has anyone heard or know the attendance numbers for the Navarro game? I was pleasantly surprised that we pretty much filled up our side of the stadium.

snaxet
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Has anyone heard or know the attendance numbers for the Navarro game? I was pleasantly surprised that we pretty much filled up our side of the stadium.

I have not heard of any numbers regarding attendance, but Bob Shelton stadium has seating capacity of 9,000 with approximately 5,200 on home side and 3,800 on visitor side. I would say that Wimberley filled the visitors and then some with about 60 to 65% capacity on Navarro side. I would estimate attendance to be somewhere between 7,000 and 7,500.

rb585
12-05-2010, 04:54 PM
deleted...

snaxet
12-05-2010, 04:55 PM
If you want to see a few snippets of Coldsprings in action against Kirbyville, and I believe a couple of clips from Athens game, google Coldsprings football you tube and they should pop up.

Tejastrue
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by snaxet
I have not heard of any numbers regarding attendance, but Bob Shelton stadium has seating capacity of 9,000 with approximately 5,200 on home side and 3,800 on visitor side. I would say that Wimberley filled the visitors and then some with about 60 to 65% capacity on Navarro side. I would estimate attendance to be somewhere between 7,000 and 7,500.

Thanks!!

44INAROW
12-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My pick is Wimberly....
me too... good luck to the Texans

Tejastrue
12-05-2010, 05:20 PM
“We’ve made it to the final four,” Wimberley head coach Weldon Nelms told his players after the game. “There were 200 teams that started with that dream, now we’re one of the last four left.

Makes you appreciate it even more when put in this perspective. Congrats Texans and to all teams remaining!!

:clap:

trojandad
12-05-2010, 05:32 PM
a sniglet from athens newspaper article.....

For the Hornets, a magical 2010 season that saw a sackful of school records fall finally came to an end. In Head Coach Paul Essary’s second season – in which he led the team to consecutive playoff appearances for the first time since 1958 and 1959 – the Hornets (11-3) set marks for points in a season (577), wins in a season (11) and most playoff victories in one postseason (three). Athens finished its season just two wins shy of playing for a state championship for the first time in school history.

“It was a heck of a ride, wasn’t it?” Essary said. “These guys laid it all on the line all year long. … Wouldn’t it be something if Athens’ only three losses this season came to three state champions?”

The Hornets’ other two losses came at the hands of Fort Worth Nolan and Chapel Hill. Nolan (14-0) plays for a private school Division I state title today. Chapel Hill, which beat the Hornets, 38-35, to win the District 17-3A championship, defeated West Columbia, 41-14, to set up a meeting with Henderson in next week’s Division I-3A championship game.

The Trojans’ running attack of senior Cody Cummings and junior Sherman Gilbert was super, and the offensive line in front of them was as punishing and fundamentally sound as any unit the Hornets have faced this season. The result was 334 rushing yards (154 and a touchdown by Cummings and 150 and three touchdowns from Gilbert) and a season-high in points allowed by the Hornets.

But truth be told, the Trojans were the most well-rounded team the Hornets have faced all season – with all due respect to Chapel Hill. In addition to a running attack that almost never obligated Coldspring into a passing situation, the Trojans forced four Athens turnovers, scored a pair of defensive touchdowns and held a usually potent Hornet running game to just 83 yards on 36 attempts.

bag-o-chips
12-05-2010, 09:18 PM
SA papaer listed attendance at 5000. I heard the Hays people were very surprised at how many showed up for the game!

Wimberley go and keep D26 and Region 4 alive and bring back the Championship!!

The Athens article is very similar to Navarro's year in terms of wins and playoff wins except that Navarro just moved up to 3a. Navarros only losses were to the Texans and 2A Lexington who is in the Semis this week. Both I hope win State!!

Wimberely is a class act and we will be supporting you through state!!

ogg
12-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Looks like good weather, so far, this Friday.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Waco&state=TX&site=FWD&textField1=31.569&textField2=-97.1832&e=0

Tejastrue
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Trojandad, I think you'll find out this week that the Wimberley people who post here are fair, courteous, and just not the "chest thumper" type. There will be "homerism" that's for sure, at the same time, it will be presented in a respectful way. We do have some characters here (wimbo) who just enjoy sharing a laugh or two and joking around but it's all in the spirit of fun and never with any malicious intent or disrespect.

The Coldspring stats make me think of Mathis and their "BMW" this year with the three 1000 yd plus rushers. The impressive thing I see with you guys is the 2000 yd Cummings kid. We know very little of Coldspring but I can tell you that the Texans' coaches will have everything possible pounded into their brains come Friday. They know that anyone who makes it this far are very good and deserves respect. The Trojans are no exception.:2thumbsup

j_dog
12-06-2010, 12:59 AM

I knew the truth would come out! Wimberly has speed, yes loads of it! and a passing QB.

Sounds for sure like it is going to be a good game. If I did not have some Saturday obligations, I would be at the game for sure! But I will be listening.

I live just a few miles from Coldspring so I must pull for them just as you Central Texans are pulling for Wimberly. Good luck to both teams!

trojandad
12-06-2010, 01:03 AM
cummings has had a great year, but if gilberts avg was calculated to cummings number of carries, it would transpose to an almost 2,800 yd year for gilbert.....he missed the first part of the season and has been playing catchup but has an almost 25% superior per rush avg than cummings......

the per game avg of points scored and total yards between us is close to identical, the big difference seems to be in our defensive stats....if you guys are giving up close to 350 yd/game, it sounds like we're gonna be able to put up some offensive numbers on you guys......seems like the question will be whether our defense, averaging ~190yd/game will be able to slow you guys down....

seems to me the best chance for a high point shootout of the three games left......

gold_33
12-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Should be a great matchup, Wimberley has never played Coldspring so no history here between the two schools. Looks like CS likes to run the ball and that plays to the strength of our D, which was built primarily to stop the run of Liberty Hill back when we were district rivals. Our offense needs to click a little better with the pass than it did against Navarro but I think that had alot to do with Lambert being ill all week and we didnt run him near as much as normal either. Trinity Wilson continues to impress week in and week out and if Smith returns that could give Wilson a rest some on offense and make him even more explosive. If Smith does in fact return this week and can perform at the level he had then it gives our team a huge boost because he's a stellar athlete and a game changer on both sides of the ball, as most D1 level prospects are in 3A. Im sure he'll see time at RB and WR on offense to give us a depth threat to go along with Blakemore because we could use his 6'2 size and vertical to go up and grab some passes. Seems like the team we thought we were gonna have all year is finally back together with the exception of Alana and Colton Fonville which were big losses on D, but guys have stepped up and done a great job of filling in for them. Gotta bring our A game this time of year because im sure CS will be ready come Friday night. If we can play our game and score how we have all year I just see it really hard for a running team to be able to keep up and it gets them away from their gameplan. Once we got up on Navarro they didnt have the fast scoring offense and big play ability to be able to get back in the game and once they had to go to the pass more often to try to keep up thats when we were able to force a turnover that actually turned into two quick scores and sealed the game. As in any semi-final matchup I expect a tough hard fought game from both sides and look forward to seeing CS for the first time, except for that its in Waco.

Tejastrue
12-06-2010, 01:41 AM
cummings has had a great year, but if gilberts avg was calculated to cummings number of carries, it would transpose to an almost 2,800 yd year for gilbert.....he missed the first part of the season and has been playing catchup but has an almost 25% superior per rush avg than cummings......

the per game avg of points scored and total yards between us is close to identical, the big difference seems to be in our defensive stats....if you guys are giving up close to 350 yd/game, it sounds like we're gonna be able to put up some offensive numbers on you guys......seems like the question will be whether our defense, averaging ~190yd/game will be able to slow you guys down....

seems to me the best chance for a high point shootout of the three games left......

Yes, that is a possibility. We could also use the yardage grade/calculation on our RBs' as well. I will add that if a neutral observer looks at our stats only, then one would think we should have easily lost a 3rd of our games. Injuries have bruised and battered our statistical status this year but the bottom line is we continue to succeed. In other words we know how to win.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
If I were TrojanDad, I would be thinking the same thing. The yardage we have given up over the year has been WAY too much. The points we gave up were also way too high for a championship team. BUT...injuries have riddled our defense over the year. The bulk of those injuries are back, minus 2 key players. We are the best we have been all year on D, so I feel good about our chances.

With that said...we gotta tighten up! We bend and bend and bend...then count on a last ditch effort to prevent 6 points. We can NOT do that with Coldspring (or is it Cold Spring?). We are at the level that this kind of D will get rolled. Here is the reason I think we WILL get this fixed...Coach Smith. He is an incredible defensive coach, who has proven his ability year after year. He now has the "full monty" of talent, and he will have them humming.

trojandad
12-06-2010, 10:06 AM
its coldspring, one word, one spring.....many people say coldsprings, which is what it used to be in the 1800's before the city chartered years ago.....since then it's been coldspring singular :D

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 11:13 AM
its coldspring, one word, one spring.....many people say coldsprings, which is what it used to be in the 1800's before the city chartered years ago.....since then it's been coldspring singular :D

Is there still a spring?

trojandad
12-06-2010, 11:25 AM
not that anyone knows (the trinity runs close by, was dammed in the 1960's to form lake livingston).....back in the mid 1800's the name of the town went from coonskin to fireman's hill then to cold springs in a short amount of time.....go figure......

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 12:07 PM
not that anyone knows (the trinity runs close by, was dammed in the 1960's to form lake livingston).....back in the mid 1800's the name of the town went from coonskin to fireman's hill then to cold springs in a short amount of time.....go figure......

My parents bought a lot on Lake Livingston before it was a lake!!!

trojandad
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
My parents bought a lot on Lake Livingston before it was a lake!!!

was a great place to raise two boys with the lake in our back yard......in all the years we lived there we never locked our door once.....except during visiting hurricanes........lol

ogg
12-06-2010, 01:30 PM

Beautiful area of Texas, camped up there a few times. Trojandad have you ever been to Wimberley?

trojandad
12-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by ogg
Beautiful area of Texas, camped up there a few times. Trojandad have you ever been to Wimberley?

back in the late 80's i had a friend i went to high school with, an oral surgeon there, asked me to come to appraise his home, he lived in the area around wimberley, not in the town proper.....except for driving through the town that once, i never made it back......love the rolling hill country there, tho.....saw the biggest rattlesnake at dr jasper's house i ever saw in my life.....:eek:

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Ok guys...we need to talk about the 400 lb. gorilla in the room. We must smack talk at some point. Putting it off will only make it worse. I dont want to do it...but the rules of the DownLow say we must. So...here goes the first volley.

Coldspring is gonna get beat so bad that they will consider permanently banning football from their town for three years.

trojandad
12-06-2010, 02:14 PM
hey, to follow you guys first shot, here goes....

you guys are gonna get beat SO bad you WILL go back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust......:stirpot:

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 02:20 PM
You guys are gonna get such a whoopin' that you'll change your name from Coldspring to Couldntspring-a-back-for-more-than-two-yards.

Tejastrue
12-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Told you it was Wimbo. He's such a trouble maker. LOL!!
Hey Wimbo. Have you been hanging around that other thread? You know, the one with all the :foul:

trojandad
12-06-2010, 02:46 PM
all kidding aside for a sec, give me you guys take on the game with sealy? how did you see that game?

our worst game all year, especially defensively, was against crockett....far worse statistically than either game with kirbyville......was the sealy game that way with you guys or were they a true test? i have a few sealy friends who told me their side but i thought i'd get yours.....

defense51
12-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Should be a good game, but Wimberley wins this one by 10.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
all kidding aside for a sec, give me you guys take on the game with sealy? how did you see that game?

our worst game all year, especially defensively, was against crockett....far worse statistically than either game with kirbyville......was the sealy game that way with you guys or were they a true test? i have a few sealy friends who told me their side but i thought i'd get yours.....

The Sealy game...well, we dominated that game until the last 2 minutes. Our QB fumbled the ball into the end zone, when all we had to do was run the clock out (I think we were up by 21 at that point). They got the onside kick, scored again, and then got the onside kick again and scored again. They went for two and didnt get it on a controversial call. Game over.

But the truth is...up till that point, we had our way with them for the most part. Maybe its true they werent playing well till the last 2 minutes..I dont know. I think we would have beat them in the play offs, knowing what we know today. But they are going to be a force next year...watch out!

Tejastrue
12-06-2010, 04:24 PM

I agree with what Wimbo said. If I'm not mistaken I think we also had a rushing TD called back by a holding penalty that would have put us up by 3 tds in the 4th. Failed on a FG attempt after that. The last couple of minutes in that game were just bizarre. Gotta hand it to Sealy though for not quitting and No, he did not cross the goal line.

rb585
12-06-2010, 04:58 PM
[B]I agree with what Wimbo said. If I'm not mistaken I think we also had a rushing TD called back by a holding penalty that would have put us up by 3 tds in the 4th. Failed on a FG attempt after that.

This is correct. The game looked over at 38-17, until that flag took the TD off the board.

And it was less than a minute left, up 31-17, that we fumbled in our own endzone and they recovered.

The was the first time this season, but not the only time, when I wondered why we weren't just lining up in victory formation.

Tejastrue
12-06-2010, 05:08 PM
This is correct. The game looked over at 38-17, until that flag took the TD off the board.

And it was less than a minute left, up 31-17, that we fumbled in our own endzone and they recovered.

The was the first time this season, but not the only time, when I wondered why we weren't just lining up in victory formation.

Thanks rb585. I believe we had just intercepted a pass that should have locked it up there, then the fumble, and not a forced fumble if I recall. After that, yellow flags and crazy bounces almost did us in.

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM

Thats right...we WERE up 21, then the called back TD..then the fumble and the onside kick. Forgot the details...but suffice it to say, we did everything we couldto give the game back to Sealy...and those boys took full advantage of our mistakes. I really think Sealy is going to be very strong next year.

ogg
12-06-2010, 05:15 PM

Sealy's coach is a nut-----ecorted off the field (sheriffs dept.) following that failed two pt. conversion. Heard he was suspended.

I was at (standing and viewing down) the goal line on the north end and saw what the refs saw. Failed!!

The Texans out played'em, not sure what happened that last 2 min.

trojandad
12-06-2010, 09:31 PM
ok, this may bring up a stink, but if i came from behind like that, i would believe i was on a roll and take the game into overtime with a kick.......why do you guys feel he went for two? is it your opinion it was a good call on his part?

Tejastrue
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
ok, this may bring up a stink, but if i came from behind like that, i would believe i was on a roll and take the game into overtime with a kick.......why do you guys feel he went for two? is it your opinion it was a good call on his part?

I just think their coach got a little greedy. Caught up in the moment. Everything was suddenly going their way (emphasis on the "everything"). Why not finish it here.
I also think you kick it and take your chances with OT. At the same time if they had made the two pointer, probably goes down as one of the greatest miracle comebacks of all time, and people would be saying wow coach, what a great/gutsy call.

On the Wimberley side all the talk would be "how did we blow this game???"

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 09:59 PM
could go either way. They had scored on three possessions in a row, and had momentum to put the game away. Give the ball back to our offense (which had pretty much had its way with them in the 2nd half) and it might be all over. Use the Big Mo, and go home a hero.

But...it didnt work out that way. Whether or not you believe he got in, it was EXTREMELY close. The refs said his knee touched before he got across the end zone, so the pics of it dont tell the full story. But if I was in his position...maybe I would have gone for it as well. His reaction to the call was way over the top...got two or three flags....and the truth is, from his angle, there was NO WAY he could tell if he got in or not. It was pure emotion that got him a meeting with the UIL for bumping the ref.

trojandad
12-06-2010, 10:04 PM
somewhere he musta thought his team still wasn't the overwhelming team at the moment and was afraid you guys were turning it around on them........"end it now before the sleeping dog awakes" kinda thing......

listen, i hear you guys saying you "bend and don't break" and usually thats an excuse for lousy defensive play, but you guys are amazing in having only a 50yd/game difference between yds allowed and offensive yds and yet have a TON difference in pts scored and pts allowed.......you must really scheme differently down close to the goal defensively......i know we block on a different scheme down there......

wimbo_pro
12-06-2010, 10:34 PM
somewhere he musta thought his team still wasn't the overwhelming team at the moment and was afraid you guys were turning it around on them........"end it now before the sleeping dog awakes" kinda thing......

listen, i hear you guys saying you "bend and don't break" and usually thats an excuse for lousy defensive play, but you guys are amazing in having only a 50yd/game difference between yds allowed and offensive yds and yet have a TON difference in pts scored and pts allowed.......you must really scheme differently down close to the goal defensively......i know we block on a different scheme down there......

Not sure what to say about that. You make a sharp observation, and a very telling one. We are not happy with the bending part. I am sure Coach Smith (defense) is livid about it, though he is a master at not showing it. We are used to a very stubborn and unforgiving defense during our "good" years. But this defense has been like Gumby all year...until it really counts. 14-0 tells the story. They have gotten it done when it counts. But...we are not foolish enough to believe this will work in mid-December. We are well aware of what it takes to make it to the Big Show, and we must step it up. With the injuries being repaired, and with Smith returning, I am anticipating the best defensive performance of the year. I think we will need every bit of it to beat Coldspring.

lbjacj
12-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Not sure what to say about that. You make a sharp observation, and a very telling one. We are not happy with the bending part. I am sure Coach Smith (defense) is livid about it, though he is a master at not showing it. We are used to a very stubborn and unforgiving defense during our "good" years. But this defense has been like Gumby all year...until it really counts. 14-0 tells the story. They have gotten it done when it counts. But...we are not foolish enough to believe this will work in mid-December. We are well aware of what it takes to make it to the Big Show, and we must step it up. With the injuries being repaired, and with Smith returning, I am anticipating the best defensive performance of the year. I think we will need every bit of it to beat Coldspring.

We had fewer 1st downs, fewer rushing yards and fewer passing yards in our last two playoff games!We give up the short to medium gains to avoid the big plays then tighten up in the red zone.Also we score quickly with big plays on offense, defense and special teams.This has gotten us to the semis but if we want to get to the finals our D is going to need to play their best game of the year.
I think they will! And I think it will be a low scoring game because of Coldspring's rushing offense. Texans 28 Coldspring 14!

trojandad
12-06-2010, 11:06 PM
We had fewer 1st downs, fewer rushing yards and fewer passing yards in our last two playoff games!We give up the short to medium gains to avoid the big plays then tighten up in the red zone.Also we score quickly with big plays on offense, defense and special teams.This has gotten us to the semis but if we want to get to the finals our D is going to need to play their best game of the year.
I think they will! And I think it will be a low scoring game because of Coldspring's rushing offense. Texans 28 Coldspring 14!

you could be right, but the only game we were held to less than 20 was the first k'ville game without gilbert, so i don't see only 14 pts coming for us on a team giving up your kind of yardage on average.....what i'm concerned about is giving up big yardage to good passers.....k'ville didn't complete for a big completion rate, but cucanicic averaged 50+ yds a catch, that was an obscene rate.....the second half against k'ville along with the game against athens had a big difference in defensive line pressure on our part which slowed the passing down.....

i'm concerned about you guys, or if we were to win, the next round passing like crazy against us.....we've been picking one or two off a game and returning them for tds but it still is our achilles, statistically.......

snaxet
12-06-2010, 11:47 PM

Our defense does tend to play with a lot of intensity in the red zone, but the reason for the high yardage given up can be attributed to a combination of factors. First, coaches felt it was more important to limit the number of players going both ways on a regular basis. As a result, there have been a lot of substitutions during most games. In fact, we have seen as many as 3 or 4 players swithching out on each play. This also was necessary because of the number of injuries we have had over the year. Because of the variety of defensive sets we sometimes get caught in the wrong scheme and with the wrong players leaving us vulnerable to big yardage. Second, we have had a number of injuries that have caused the coaches to make defensive adjustments throughout the year. If you watch three different game films, you will probably see three different sets of players. Third, as Wimbo said we do tend to score quickly and when you look back over the year our defense and special teams have scored or set up a short offensive score on a pretty regular basis. When you look at offensive plays you will see that our opponents generally have a much higher number of offensive plays. For example, against Sweeny we ran only 39 offensive plays while Sweeny had a total of 69 plays. We score 42, and Sweeny scored 17. Fourth, we play a number of players throughout the game and when we have the game under control, substitutions come from players that are pretty far down the totem pole. They play hard but are clearly not up to the same or close to the same level as our main players. Fifth, we have a tendency to give up a lot of yardage at the end of the game (maybe a result of no. four above) but against Cuero both times, LaVernia, Dripping Springs, Sealy, Canyon Lake, and Navarro both games we gave up a touchdown on the last play or next to the last play of the game. The game has been out of reach in all but the Sealy game. Coach Nelms has an uncanny ability to look at game film and determine what it will take to win. I anticipate that this week you will see a number of our key players on both sides of the ball and you will not see the number of different defensive sets or schemes that have been used in the past, and if we see some of our lower level players you can rest assured it has been a good night for the Texans.

snaxet
12-06-2010, 11:56 PM

The main reason was on the field. They moved their big 6'5 inch 215 pound receiver into the backfield, went on a quick snap and handed the ball off to him. They had already scored with that play earlier ,and he is just so big and fast that it takes a monster effort to keep him out of the end zone. One of our linebackers caught him just right and flipped him over. He kept the ball too low and while his head and shoulders crossed the goal line, the ball did not get in. It was probably a good call on the Sweeny coach's part but wow did he ever throw a temper tantrum.

gold_33
12-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by ogg
Sealy's coach is a nut-----ecorted off the field (sheriffs dept.) following that failed two pt. conversion. Heard he was suspended.

I was at (standing and viewing down) the goal line on the north end and saw what the refs saw. Failed!!

The Texans out played'em, not sure what happened that last 2 min.

And dont forget that his 2 personal foul flags he got probably cost them a shot at another chance to win as they recovered the onside again after they failed the 2pt conversion but they were kicking from their own 10-15yd line.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Our defense does tend to play with a lot of intensity in the red zone, but the reason for the high yardage given up can be attributed to a combination of factors. First, coaches felt it was more important to limit the number of players going both ways on a regular basis. As a result, there have been a lot of substitutions during most games. In fact, we have seen as many as 3 or 4 players swithching out on each play. This also was necessary because of the number of injuries we have had over the year. Because of the variety of defensive sets we sometimes get caught in the wrong scheme and with the wrong players leaving us vulnerable to big yardage. Second, we have had a number of injuries that have caused the coaches to make defensive adjustments throughout the year. If you watch three different game films, you will probably see three different sets of players. Third, as Wimbo said we do tend to score quickly and when you look back over the year our defense and special teams have scored or set up a short offensive score on a pretty regular basis. When you look at offensive plays you will see that our opponents generally have a much higher number of offensive plays. For example, against Sweeny we ran only 39 offensive plays while Sweeny had a total of 69 plays. We score 42, and Sweeny scored 17. Fourth, we play a number of players throughout the game and when we have the game under control, substitutions come from players that are pretty far down the totem pole. They play hard but are clearly not up to the same or close to the same level as our main players. Fifth, we have a tendency to give up a lot of yardage at the end of the game (maybe a result of no. four above) but against Cuero both times, LaVernia, Dripping Springs, Sealy, Canyon Lake, and Navarro both games we gave up a touchdown on the last play or next to the last play of the game. The game has been out of reach in all but the Sealy game. Coach Nelms has an uncanny ability to look at game film and determine what it will take to win. I anticipate that this week you will see a number of our key players on both sides of the ball and you will not see the number of different defensive sets or schemes that have been used in the past, and if we see some of our lower level players you can rest assured it has been a good night for the Texans.

good post, and, except for the sealy game being the only game out of reach (cuero ended within a td twice) overall you have potential points.....also, all the successful teams left in the playoffs play subs at the end of the game without such a small difference in yards/game......don't get me wrong, your scheme is working well, nothing to scoff at, i just think it has more to do with game plans than scrub time.....

last year when we played lorena they had the same thing working, a minimal difference between yds gained and yards given upper game, but they had a scheme to play their best athletes on either side of the ball, all on defense on the opponents final possesion of either half......both halves ended with us inside their 5 yd line when time expired, we didnt score on either possesion and we lost by 4....they did the most with as few athletes as they had......(our final play had us catching a pass, running to the flag and knocked it over as he was falling out of bounds...the ref called it down on the 1 and gave the out of bounds signal, yet didnt stop the clock for going out of bounds and the clock ran out the last 4 seconds.....go figure).....

i think your coaches might be far more on the ball than they say....

snaxet
12-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
And dont forget that his 2 personal foul flags he got probably cost them a shot at another chance to win as they recovered the onside again after they failed the 2pt conversion but they were kicking from their own 10-15yd line.

They certainly had the momentum and it was nice to see them starting that far back. I don't think that the Sealy fans ever could come to grips with the way we totally dominated them until the fumble in the end zone.

gold_33
12-07-2010, 12:18 AM

This is a great assessment of D, we usually have games in hand and tend to give up tons of yards at the end of games with different sub packages. Most games we usually start with great field position because of our D and special teams play and have a short field to work with, like the first time we played Navarro they outgained us by almost double in yards but they onside kicked every time after we took the opening kickoff to the house and we started from the 50yd line everytime. Our offense usually scores pretty fast or goes three and out, we usually dont put together 10 -15 play drives that eat the clock and when your D is on the field twice as long as your O it gives the other team way more time to gain yards. They can outgain us in yards every game as long as when the clock reaches 0:00 we have out gained them on the scoreboard, and so far were 14-0 so i'll take that instead of yards given up.

gold_33
12-07-2010, 12:27 AM
They certainly had the momentum and it was nice to see them starting that far back. I don't think that the Sealy fans ever could come to grips with the way we totally dominated them until the fumble in the end zone.

I totally agree with you on that, their coaches had already left the press box because the game was over and we had dominated them all game so i dont really think they were expecting to have success all the sudden. But thats been our weak link this year is finishing games, like you said earlier we have gave up late 4th qtr scores in games and I'd just like to see us not let up when we have teams down. But I do believe those experiences during the season come in handy during the playoffs when it really counts because we know how to deal with those type situations and adversity.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 12:36 AM
It's been a complicated year for us...injuries beyond anything I have seen or heard of in 3A football. At one point, I had totally lost track of who played where on what down and in what situation, and what kid was who and in what jersey number. The Cuero coach said that between the 1st game of the year and the 2nd round of the play offs, Wimberley had only 4 of the same starters on defense. It's been that complicated...I lost track. But yet...here we are, back to the closest we have been to full strength since 7-on-7 (where we lost our #1 defensive player). All is good now...minus the 6 kids I saw on the sidelines in jerseys only, one on crutches.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 12:38 AM

Having graduated from Crockett, I am not sure if that game can be a good measuring stick for Wimberley. I have followed Crockett for years and have watched them play a number of times. The last, however, was at Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco against Libert Hill, and I must say that Crockett couldn't hold a candle to LH. Over the years, Crockett has had the speed but are not necessarily the most disciplined team or fundamentally sound team. Was that different this year? After seeing the Tatum blowout, I suspect not, but I would like an opinion.

I don't believe that you can point to Sealy as our worst game. We played lights out throughout most of that game, both defensively and offensively. I would say that defensively we looked very good until the end of the game. We looked absolutely horrible in the first half against Fredericksburg and scored 42 in the second half. Against LaVernia, we totally dominated the first half, but didn't really play a lick in the second half. Boerne handed it to us in the first half and then we probably played as well as we could in the second half. So I don't believe you can point to any one game and say that game was our worst game. I think this year we played lights out in all games at some point, but we did have several games where we just went through the motion and didn't play up to our level. Since the playoffs, the Texans have not had the lapses of play. You can rest assured that come Friday night the Texans will play relentlessly, passionately, enthusiastically, and physically both defensively and offensively.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 12:46 AM
I totally agree with you on that, their coaches had already left the press box because the game was over and we had dominated them all game so i dont really think they were expecting to have success all the sudden. But thats been our weak link this year is finishing games, like you said earlier we have gave up late 4th qtr scores in games and I'd just like to see us not let up when we have teams down. But I do believe those experiences during the season come in handy during the playoffs when it really counts because we know how to deal with those type situations and adversity.

You are so right, we do have a knack for fighting through all of the adversities whether they come before the game, during the game or after the game. We have that will to win and know how to ratchet it up to another level when it is necessary. Sweeny made that surge just before and after half, but we took it up another notch and quickly squashed any momentum that they had. Same in the Cuero game when they took the opening kickoff and scored to go up by seven. After that it was pretty much all Wimberley. We do tend to have that smackdown ability.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 12:51 AM
27 more posts to secure voting rights.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 12:52 AM
26 posts to secure voting rights.

gold_33
12-07-2010, 12:53 AM
It's been a complicated year for us...injuries beyond anything I have seen or heard of in 3A football. At one point, I had totally lost track of who played where on what down and in what situation, and what kid was who and in what jersey number. The Cuero coach said that between the 1st game of the year and the 2nd round of the play offs, Wimberley had only 4 of the same starters on defense. It's been that complicated...I lost track. But yet...here we are, back to the closest we have been to full strength since 7-on-7 (where we lost our #1 defensive player). All is good now...minus the 6 kids I saw on the sidelines in jerseys only, one on crutches.

To be 14-0 right now is a testament to Nelms and the other coaches and the heart of our players. We dont have the numbers of other schools we've played but the guys we have know that when its their time they need to be ready and they can up their game and fill in. With losing 2 starting lineman from last year and Fonville with injuries before 2 a days started to Blakemore getting injured to Smith, we could very easily be sitting here talking about what might have been, but they never quit and just kept moving forward as a team towards their goal. Now the pieces are starting to come back together and we are just getting stronger every week and thats what makes this team special. They can handle whatever is given to them and just keep moving along and I'll take 11 guys with heart over a team with talent any day of the week, just like the 05 team. We didnt have any standout guys but we had guys that played hard every down and when someone else was called upon to step up they did and they were a team and teams win championships not 1 or 2 players. We just need to keep playing hard and stay focused on this week because its very easy for kids to look ahead to next week and what lays ahead but if any coach can keep a team focused its Nelms.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Having graduated from Crockett, I am not sure if that game can be a good measuring stick for Wimberley. I have followed Crockett for years and have watched them play a number of times. The last, however, was at Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco against Libert Hill, and I must say that Crockett couldn't hold a candle to LH. Over the years, Crockett has had the speed but are not necessarily the most disciplined team or fundamentally sound team. Was that different this year? After seeing the Tatum blowout, I suspect not, but I would like an opinion.

I don't believe that you can point to Sealy as our worst game. We played lights out throughout most of that game, both defensively and offensively. I would say that defensively we looked very good until the end of the game. We looked absolutely horrible in the first half against Fredericksburg and scored 42 in the second half. Against LaVernia, we totally dominated the first half, but didn't really play a lick in the second half. Boerne handed it to us in the first half and then we probably played as well as we could in the second half. So I don't believe you can point to any one game and say that game was our worst game. I think this year we played lights out in all games at some point, but we did have several games where we just went through the motion and didn't play up to our level. Since the playoffs, the Texans have not had the lapses of play. You can rest assured that come Friday night the Texans will play relentlessly, passionately, enthusiastically, and physically both defensively and offensively.

no, crockett was a complete defensive craziness, the broken arm tackles in that game were in the dozens, and several guys that are now staples on the defense were mainly offense.....our running game was clicking still down the big back.....the offense did well, we just had an incredible lapse on the outside pitch, i was going nuts.....dont get me wrong, crockett had a good team and the tatum loss was still bigger than expected, but they weren't so good as to play us closer than the two k'ville games.....

i appreciate the overview of those other games, explains a lot....i could see the yardage differences happening there....and your right, the only thing that counts is being on the big end of the score when they hit the lights......

snaxet
12-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Let's see what can I add to make this interesting.

What will it take for Texans to win? Show up, play consistent smashmouth football on both sides of the ball, limit mistakes, make adjustments as game progresses, keep Coldsprings off-balance with a variety of plays, know that Coldsprings will score, we just need to score more, and finally, bring our own set of officials. Have we been able to secure their overnight accommodations, and has it been determined whether they wanted to eat before or after the game? The last set of officials wanted to eat both before and after and it was certainly costly accommodating them. Wasn't that the Sealy game, I just couldn't remember.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 01:11 AM
one bit of info i haven't shared out here before, but i was at the game years ago when this junior class was playing shepherd in the 8th grade.....now, granted, shepherd has always been a fairly easy opponent for us, but on this night, an 8th grade game, with 8 minute quarters and a running clock that didn't stop with timeouts or out of bounds, this group ended the game with 5 - 100 yd rushers and a 6th rusher with 99 yds.....basically 6 - 100 yd rushers......

i thought it'd be impossible but it was amazing to watch....and what's funny is two of those runners are now 240 - 250 lb defensive linemen.......this has just been a crazy good group for a while......i'm sure everyone has stories like this but this one was off the chart for me......

trojandad
12-07-2010, 01:12 AM

What will it take for Texans to win? Show up, play consistent smashmouth football on both sides of the ball, limit mistakes, make adjustments as game progresses, keep Coldsprings off-balance with a variety of plays, know that Coldsprings will score, we just need to score more, and finally, bring our own set of officials. Have we been able to secure their overnight accommodations, and has it been determined whether they wanted to eat before or after the game? The last set of officials wanted to eat both before and after and it was certainly costly accommodating them. Wasn't that the Sealy game, I just couldn't remember.

lol @ officials.....

gold_33
12-07-2010, 01:14 AM

Sealy definately wasnt our worst game, we played lights out against the #3 team in the state, at that time, until the end when we let up and it almost cost us. I agree that we have played well in every game at some point and we find a way to win and step it up when we need to. For some reason at times we tend to play down to the level of our competition until we decide to wake up and play but against the better teams and in big games we have brought our A game, we almost always have a wake up call during games and thats when we tend to step on the gas, both Cuero games they scored first quickly, Fredricksburg we played as poorly as we could til half, Boerne was up 21-0 in the first half but we find a way to not only come back but win the games convincingly. Both Cuero games we were up 2 scores til the last seconds when they scored late tds and the Boerne and F'burg games had us go on 42-0 runs to win the games. I'd rather have a team thats been tested in the regular season and see how they responded than to go into the playoffs untested and not knowing how your team is gonna handle certain situations.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 01:16 AM
To be 14-0 right now is a testament to Nelms and the other coaches and the heart of our players. We dont have the numbers of other schools we've played but the guys we have know that when its their time they need to be ready and they can up their game and fill in. With losing 2 starting lineman from last year and Fonville with injuries before 2 a days started to Blakemore getting injured to Smith, we could very easily be sitting here talking about what might have been, but they never quit and just kept moving forward as a team towards their goal. Now the pieces are starting to come back together and we are just getting stronger every week and thats what makes this team special. They can handle whatever is given to them and just keep moving along and I'll take 11 guys with heart over a team with talent any day of the week, just like the 05 team. We didnt have any standout guys but we had guys that played hard every down and when someone else was called upon to step up they did and they were a team and teams win championships not 1 or 2 players. We just need to keep playing hard and stay focused on this week because its very easy for kids to look ahead to next week and what lays ahead but if any coach can keep a team focused its Nelms.

Great post Gold, you are so right about the heart of the 05 team and this year's team. I would expect this group to be even more focused this week. They have the leaders and Coach Nelms knows how to get them to the next level.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 01:24 AM
sounds like we agree that we'll get some yards and score some points, the big question will be if wimberley can score more points than anyone has since the 3rd game of the season, even in our first game loss against the #3 team....

i like our odds to hold you guys down from the 40+ binges you guys have run up but, once again, the pass bothers me.....

snaxet
12-07-2010, 01:24 AM
no, crockett was a complete defensive craziness, the broken arm tackles in that game were in the dozens, and several guys that are now staples on the defense were mainly offense.....our running game was clicking still down the big back.....the offense did well, we just had an incredible lapse on the outside pitch, i was going nuts.....dont get me wrong, crockett had a good team and the tatum loss was still bigger than expected, but they weren't so good as to play us closer than the two k'ville games.....

i appreciate the overview of those other games, explains a lot....i could see the yardage differences happening there....and your right, the only thing that counts is being on the big end of the score when they hit the lights......

It looks like your coaches made a number of player changes early in the season. Did they make those after the Crockett game and was it on both sides of the ball? Are there more of your players now going both ways. Do many of your key players go both ways?

snaxet
12-07-2010, 01:31 AM
sounds like we agree that we'll get some yards and score some points, the big question will be if wimberley can score more points than anyone has since the 3rd game of the season, even in our first game loss against the #3 team....

i like our odds to hold you guys down from the 40+ binges you guys have run up but, once again, the pass bothers me.....

We have a very effective passing game and Coach Nelms has really not fully unleashed it as of yet. He likes to use it to get a quick lead and then will use the running game in the second half to wear the opponent down. I suspect that if we do not score 40 then hats off to your defense. We will bring a serious offense to the game and we will score.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 01:32 AM
It looks like your coaches made a number of player changes early in the season. Did they make those after the Crockett game and was it on both sides of the ball? Are there more of your players now going both ways. Do many of your key players go both ways?

yea, we don't have a lot of players.....the thing about the substituting is they do it in percentages......they have some guys that go 50 - 50 offense-defense.....a few linemen seem to go more like 70 offense - 30 defense, some the opposite.......then the big guys and best athletes are on either side of the ball on big 3rd - 4th down conversions.....

i'm telling you, tho, we have two defensive linemen that are not only sizeable but fast as anyone short of our backs....jdog was with me at athens game and they looked like versions of dwight freeney, they were getting by their blockers almost untouched many times, beating the qb back to the ball......THAT and the offensibe line adjusting on the fly are the two biggest changes and priorities since the crockett game, looking from my very unprofessional eye.......

gold_33
12-07-2010, 01:44 AM

Likewise, glad you guys run the ball mainly because our pass D has been suspect at times this year since we lost Smith. If he is back I expect to see him, Lambert and Blakemore all on D this game for the first time together all season. We havent used Lambert much on D this year since Smith went out but this late in the season and with no tomorrow we have to play the best guys. With our 4-4 defense we our pretty good at stopping the run and has been the staple of our D for the past 5-6 years, so if we can continue that i think our chances are good to win because I think we will be able to score, maybe not 40 but enough to win. I just believe that this game will come down to our D stopping yalls O, if yall can get up and continue to run the ball with success and keeo our O off the field and the clock running then yalls chances will be good, if we get a lead and can get yall off your gameplan and trying to play catch up then I believe we will have the advantage. Gotta hand it to you Trojan, your a standup poster. Always nice to get to talk football with the opposition and not have to deal with smack talk, or who's teams better. Lol.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the info. We tend to take the same approach. Our QB was an All-Dist Linebacker as a Soph last year on Aledo's state champion team. He played a lot of defense early especially against Cuero, LaVernia, Dripping and Sealy, but since District and even in the playoffs, he has had to play a lot less on the defensive side. He did make some big plays early in the year on defense. It is good to know that he has not had to go as much here lately. However, I suspect that we could see him some on defense this week.

gold_33
12-07-2010, 01:54 AM
yea, we don't have a lot of players.....the thing about the substituting is they do it in percentages......they have some guys that go 50 - 50 offense-defense.....a few linemen seem to go more like 70 offense - 30 defense, some the opposite.......then the big guys and best athletes are on either side of the ball on big 3rd - 4th down conversions.....

i'm telling you, tho, we have two defensive linemen that are not only sizeable but fast as anyone short of our backs....jdog was with me at athens game and they looked like versions of dwight freeney, they were getting by their blockers almost untouched many times, beating the qb back to the ball......THAT and the offensibe line adjusting on the fly are the two biggest changes and priorities since the crockett game, looking from my very unprofessional eye.......

That may work to our advantage, our O line doesnt really play both ways and stay fairly fresh. We rotate our D-line pretty regular, they arent big but quick and dont stop fighting. We use alot of quick passes and screens to offset the pass rush so if yall have guys that can get up field i expect Nelms to be prepared for that and call alot of quick routes, and I could see us using Smith for some screens and dump offs at RB because he has better hands and more size than Wilson. We are built on the big play and if CS can take that away thren we will be in trouble, but we've face some really good teams both with size and speed and no one has stopped us yet on offense so it'll be interesting to watch.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I was looking to see how big 24 and your other backs are, but could not find a roster that posted the sizes. Are you keeping that a secret? I will say that without a doubt the best back we have faced this year is of course Trent Jackson for Cuero and outside of about 2 plays we kept him pretty well bottled up all night. I really can't recall any other back coming up against us and just having a lights out night other than maybe No. 24 from Navarro. He was a workhorse, but we sure wore him down by the second half, and they were forced to limit his play on defense, which hurt them quite a bit.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Go Texans!!!!!

snaxet
12-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Go Texans!!!!! Code Red

gold_33
12-07-2010, 02:06 AM
I was looking to see how big 24 and your other backs are, but could not find a roster that posted the sizes. Are you keeping that a secret? I will say that without a doubt the best back we have faced this year is of course Trent Jackson for Cuero and outside of about 2 plays we kept him pretty well bottled up all night. I really can't recall any other back coming up against us and just having a lights out night other than maybe No. 24 from Navarro. He was a workhorse, but we sure wore him down by the second half, and they were forced to limit his play on defense, which hurt them quite a bit.

Yea that guy took a beating, he had some good runs late but those 3-4yd runs he had took a toll by late in the game because our guys hit hard and he was slow getting up alot. Jackson was an absolute stud but he got wore down late also. We may give up a few yds to the RB's but we make them pay the price for it because they get hit by 4 or 5 guys everytime. Im way more confident in our D taking on a running team than a passing team just because i know that is our strength and we have had success doing it more than other teams, especially in the LH era when it seemed like we were the only team that could stop them.

KVILLE_GRAD
12-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Trojans about to make it to jerry world.

CS 37
Wimberly 24

trojandad
12-07-2010, 07:43 AM

both our backs don't top 200 lbs....cummings is the inside guy, but both will sweep the end sometime during the night....best play the other night against athens was an off tackle run by cummings that he sprung with gilbery leading the way, when they got passed the line, gilbert actually threw 4 separate blocks escorting cummings down the sideline for 70 something yards, i don't think i've ever seen 4 separate blocks on one play by one guy.....they take a lot of pride on each others numbers, and having both with such similar talents brings about problems defensively one rb lacks....and i don't remember a game cummings wasn't going harder in the 4th, kinda the eveready bunny thing....lol

with you guys defensive numbers, i doubt we're gonna get bottled up, it sounds like its gonna be who wants it worse down in the red zone......

sinton66
12-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Man, I wish this game was closer to me. Sure want to be there, but not driving that far.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 09:36 AM

No kidding Snaxet...those last refs ran up a bill at Hooters that kind of stunned me. But I told the line judge (my sisters husband) to take it easy on the shooters. The back judge (my older brother) said he would pay for it out of his own pocket, but I went ahead and put it on my Wimberley Texan MasterCard. I'm a giver.

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 09:41 AM
both our backs don't top 200 lbs....cummings is the inside guy, but both will sweep the end sometime during the night....best play the other night against athens was an off tackle run by cummings that he sprung with gilbery leading the way, when they got passed the line, gilbert actually threw 4 separate blocks escorting cummings down the sideline for 70 something yards, i don't think i've ever seen 4 separate blocks on one play by one guy.....they take a lot of pride on each others numbers, and having both with such similar talents brings about problems defensively one rb lacks....and i don't remember a game cummings wasn't going harder in the 4th, kinda the eveready bunny thing....lol

with you guys defensive numbers, i doubt we're gonna get bottled up, it sounds like its gonna be who wants it worse down in the red zone......

No disrepect Trojandad but I need to lean a bit to the homer side of things. So many teams have looked at our stats and were "licking their chops" and "biting at the bit" to play us. They're all sitting at home now. Even after the game they're looking back at the stats and saying how could we have lost? How did they score 40 on us? I think a lot of it can be attributed to making smart decisions. Our key players on offense, defense, and special teams are intelligent, football savvy young men. Students of the game you might say. Reading the plays and making the most of it, not to mention they are very good athletes. I wouldn't dwell too long on our defensive stats. That's already been done.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 09:57 AM
No disrepect Trojandad but I need to lean a bit to the homer side of things. So many teams have looked at our stats and were "licking their chops" and "biting at the bit" to play us. They're all sitting at home now. Even after the game they're looking back at the stats and saying how could we have lost? How did they score 40 on us? I think a lot of it can be attributed to making smart decisions. Our key players on offense, defense, and special teams are intelligent, football savvy young men. Students of the game you might say. Reading the plays and making the most of it, not to mention they are very good athletes. I wouldn't dwell too long on our defensive stats. That's already been done.

Very true, Tejastrue. In '05, the stats almost always favored us (not in size and speed but in points for/against and yardage, etc). This year, its the opposite. But all that is behind us. What is in front of us is we are now THE STRONGEST we have been all year. Almost everyone is back in pads, and we are ready. This is going to be a great game!

P.S. Truth be told, TrojanDad seems to describe a team that sounds amazingly like ours in over all perfromance and problems. Sounds like we are well matched.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 10:18 AM

i don't think i'm dwelling on them, they're just there and obvious like our secondary numbers aren't as good as they can be (i say that and we've averaging allowing less than 100 yrds/game in the air, which i'd be amazed if we're even close to that with you guys, we weren't with k'ville the second time (we were the first time tho))....i don't think you guys are a pushover, far from it, but i imagine how different our season would be with those types of numbers and try to associate it with teams we've played....

your right, we haven't played a 14-0 team yet (basically since nobody we've faced yet has played 14 games, lol), i think you guys deserve all the cudos for an undefeated season, but we had to get passed one rated as high as you guys in order to get here, they held us for a while, adjustments were made and we got many more yards than your average against a far superior defense than most you've played (or us for that matter)....

i've already acknowledged that your coaching staff must have it going on, and more than the players, as good as they are, it sounds like the coaches are the difference makers....sounds like the two staffs are probably going to be playing chess all night.....

i like our place as underdogs, even though some are picking us, i like that we haven't been rated very high the entire year, mainly because the secret of who we have become has even surprised teams that saw us early, like a kirbyville.....kirbyville was playing lights out, this was not a team that gave it up, FAR from it, that was a bad game and its sad to me that those guys don't get the credit they deserve because of the loss.....their team and fans were surprised at what we had become.....

anything can happen, we both know turnovers come into play (its how we lost the first k'ville game, giving it up twice in our end, and if you guys come out on top i'll be hear admiring your work....but the "you don't know what's coming" stuff is true, and also goes the other way......THREE DAYS!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

trojandad
12-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Sounds like we are well matched.

sure sounds like it, nothing weak on either side, just phases of our games we aren't the strongest with.....dealing with those in a game is what football is about......i think it's gonna be a high scoring game, at least compared to the games we've been involved in this year.....we might hold you guys to 20 as we did with k'ville, but i wouldn't bet the mortgage on it....

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 10:36 AM
sure sounds like it, nothing weak on either side, just phases of our games we aren't the strongest with.....dealing with those in a game is what football is about......i think it's gonna be a high scoring game, at least compared to the games we've been involved in this year.....we might hold you guys to 20 as we did with k'ville, but i wouldn't bet the mortgage on it....

Highly doubt you'll hold us to 20 or below...and same for holding you guys to 20 or below. This games over/under should be 60 or so.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Wimberley coaching staff works hard and they will do everything within their power to get the Texans ready for Friday night. Our defense will be able to fly to the ball this week because the pass will not be their primary concern. Gold is right we have played some very good run attack teams over the years, and because of it we have developed a hard nosed, hit you in the face, fill the lanes, don't let up type of defense. You might get two or three first downs and think well here we go now, but what you don't realize is that with each first down comes a lot of punishing hits that will eventually take its toll. That is when the Texans really begin to roll.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Highly doubt you'll hold us to 20 or below...and same for holding you guys to 20 or below. This games over/under should be 60 or so.

i agree....

rb585
12-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Check the turnover margin. Between the defense getting the ball back and an excellent return game, the offense has had a ton of short fields to work with this season, so they haven't racked up the big yardage.

It's tough to crank out 400 yard games when you're starting a bunch of drives around midfield or better.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Check the turnover margin. Between the defense getting the ball back and an excellent return game, the offense has had a ton of short fields to work with this season, so they haven't racked up the big yardage.

It's tough to crank out 400 yard games when you're starting a bunch of drives around midfield or better.

maybe thats a reason.....tell you friday......:cool:

rb585
12-07-2010, 01:58 PM

I've got $20 on the over.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 02:00 PM
I've got $20 on the over.

i think thats a good bet.....

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 02:53 PM
I guess this makes it official.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1199048244/High-School-Football-WHS-Smith-cleared-to-play-Friday

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
We have GOT to use him in the D backfield. Even an unconditioned Smith makes us better. This kid has some talent, hits hard and can run down just about anyone. Coach Nelms knows what to do.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Great article and is evidence of the quality of coaches and players we have. They said it best let's move on and get ready for Friday night.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
i'm glad for you guys and him, though i didn't know there were disciplinary problems, i thought it was just an injury.....

this is kinda coming down similar to our game last year with wo-s, they had two defensive backs that, i believe, were both going to oklahoma, but one only got approval to play before the game started......i dont know what the deal was there, either.....having him willmake for a better game and no "what if's" afterward....for either side.....

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 03:56 PM
i'm glad for you guys and him, though i didn't know there were disciplinary problems, i thought it was just an injury.....

It was first the injury, then the disciplinary issue.

gold_33
12-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Great article and is evidence of the quality of coaches and players we have. They said it best let's move on and get ready for Friday night.

I agree, if Nelms thinks he has served his dues and is willing to let him back then everyone has to support it and get ready to see the D-Train back in action. Im sure we'll see another level of play from him this week because I know he will give it his all for the team.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 04:59 PM
are you guys gonna be able to go to the game??

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 05:00 PM
are you guys gonna be able to go to the game??

I think so.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 05:07 PM
they just said on the 3adl shirt thread it was hit and miss with you guys.....(as with me and my health)......

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 05:09 PM
they just said on the 3adl shirt thread it was hit and miss with you guys.....(as with me and my health)......

It was hit or miss with me being able to handle the shirt thingy.

trojandad
12-07-2010, 05:13 PM
well if we all get there, i'll sure buy the first round at the concession stand......:1popcorn:

ogg
12-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Trojandad do you guys have a good band?

trojandad
12-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ogg
Trojandad do you guys have a good band?

man, you don't put a guy on the spot, do ya? lol

i'll start with the good, they have really increased in size and sound a lot the last two years, i'm impressed how they have integrated with the team.....in years past the team did their thing, the band theirs, the cheerleaders theirs.....i think barbay has had a lot to do with that, along with the new superintendent.......

my personal opinion of them is if you went to a band contest, you probably wouldnt think they stood out....they arent military marchers like that juggernaut band from cleveland with 300+ members on the field each game......but one thing, you'll get tired of hearing the jaws theme on every kickoff....lol

ogg
12-07-2010, 05:49 PM
man, you don't put a guy on the spot, do ya? lol

i'll start with the good, they have really increased in size and sound a lot the last two years, i'm impressed how they have integrated with the team.....in years past the team did their thing, the band theirs, the cheerleaders theirs.....i think barbay has had a lot to do with that, along with the new superintendent.......

my personal opinion of them is if you went to a band contest, you probably wouldnt think they stood out....they arent military marchers like that juggernaut band from cleveland with 300+ members on the field each game......but one thing, you'll get tired of hearing the jaws theme on every kickoff....lol

Oh God, the Jaws theme? LOL

TexDad
12-07-2010, 05:56 PM
I need to post more so I can vote in the polls, been on here for over five years and all I do is read.........This weeks game is going to be very difficult to predict an outcome. I am going with the Texans in a shootout, similar to the first game against Cuero. If we can get a few turnover and convert them into quick points and get Coldspring on their heels then i think we have a good chance on coming out on top. Their is no doubt that both teams are going to be fired up and ready to play. It's only Tuesday and I can't wait for Friday night.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by TexDad
I need to post more so I can vote in the polls, been on here for over five years and all I do is read.........This weeks game is going to be very difficult to predict an outcome. I am going with the Texans in a shootout, similar to the first game against Cuero. If we can get a few turnover and convert them into quick points and get Coldspring on their heels then i think we have a good chance on coming out on top. Their is no doubt that both teams are going to be fired up and ready to play. It's only Tuesday and I can't wait for Friday night.

Good to see you TexDad!

lbjacj
12-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Everyone go to statesman.com/hsfootball and vote for Nelms for central texas coach of the year.He is trailing badly in last place so he needs your help!Vote early and often!!

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Everyone go to statesman.com/hsfootball and vote for Nelms for central texas coach of the year.He is trailing badly in last place so he needs your help!Vote early and often!!

Done!:thumbsup:

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lbjacj
Everyone go to statesman.com/hsfootball and vote for Nelms for central texas coach of the year.He is trailing badly in last place so he needs your help!Vote early and often!! [/QUOT

Will do

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
15 more posts to go

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Texans were focused at practice today

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Go Texans!!!!

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:21 PM
The Texans are a determined team

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Getting closer

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Tobeing able to vote that is

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Just nine more so bear with me

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Out shopping what fun

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
I did hear this afternoon that one of your def lineman has committed to UH. As a grad of UH I would be interested in knowing if that is true. I also heard that he is a beast.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Closing in

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Just 4 more and Trinity will get another vote

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 08:32 PM
I did hear this afternoon that one of your def lineman has committed to UH. As a grad of UH I would be interested in knowing if that is true. I also heard that he is a beast.

Are you talking about a Wimberley lineman?

never mind!!

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know who is home team this week

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Tell us about your coach. Heard a lot of good things about him

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:35 PM
2 more to go

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:36 PM
100 posts

trojandad
12-07-2010, 08:44 PM

if you've met curtis barbay of newton, rest his soul, you've met his son brian, only quieter......if thats possible.......

trojandad
12-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know who is home team this week

only thing i found was on your school website saying you guys are the home team........darn, we're faster in black........lol

http://www.wimberley.txed.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=8&Itemid=23

j_dog
12-07-2010, 08:50 PM
One of two coaching sons of a Texas football coaching legend. It appears that the sons may be on their way to the same type records. Brian Barbay, two years as a head coach, two years in the playoffs and still playing this year. Knocked WOS out of the playoffs last year, Kirbyville this year. But still flying under the radar.

snaxet
12-07-2010, 08:54 PM
One of two coaching sons of a Texas football coaching legend. It appears that the sons may be on their way to the same type records. Brian Barbay, two years as a head coach, two years in the playoffs and still playing this year. Knocked WOS out of the playoffs last year, Kirbyville this year. But still flying under the radar.

Thanks for the info

TexDad
12-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I guess I need to get busy, got about 30 more to go. Wimbo I see where you might not make the game, is that true?????

TexDad
12-07-2010, 09:06 PM
If Snaxet can do it, so can I......guess I will do a little post padding.....

wimbo_pro
12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I guess I need to get busy, got about 30 more to go. Wimbo I see where you might not make the game, is that true?????

No, I think I will make it. You?

lbjacj
12-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Found this on another website.Someone not from Wimberley thinks we are the best!

1.Wimberley 14-0-0 1.000 592 274 14 W
2.Brownwood 14-0-0 1.000 773 212 14 W
3.Coldspring-Oakhurst 13-1-0 0.929 590 170 13 W
4.Chapel Hill 13-1-0 0.929 595 212 12 W
5.Monahans 13-1-0 0.929 524 215 1 L
6.Argyle 13-1-0 0.929 574 212 1 L
7.Kirbyville 12-1-0 0.923 605 188 1 L
8.Celina 11-1-0 0.917 573 188 1 L
9.Sinton 10-1-0 0.909 410 153 1 L
10.Columbia 13-2-0 0.867 571 272 1 L
11.Alvarado 12-2-0 0.857 421 263 1 L
12.Carthage 12-2-0 0.857 607 367 10 W
13.Henderson 12-2-0 0.857 531 281 5 W
14.Lovejoy 11-2-0 0.846 564 165 1 L
15.Madison 11-2-0 0.846 651 228 1 L
16.Lorena 10-2-0 0.833 311 173 1 L
17.Raymondville 10-2-0 0.833 476 269 1 L
18.Canton 10-2-0 0.833 495 251 1 L
19.Dalhart 10-2-0 0.833 431 120 1 L
20.Estacado 9-2-0 0.818 464 147 1 L
21.Sealy 9-2-0 0.818 449 171 1 L
22.Sanger 9-2-0 0.818 399 228 2 L
23.Fairfield 9-2-0 0.818 401 169 2 L
24.Caldwell 8-2-0 0.800 377 229 1 L
25.Navarro 11-3-0 0.786 459 278 1 L
26.Athens 11-3-0 0.786 577 294 1 L
27.Navasota 10-3-0 0.769 426 240 1 L
28.Somerset 10-3-0 0.769 499 248 1 L
29.Mathis 10-3-0 0.769 603 259 1 L
30.Snyder 10-3-0 0.769 531 230 1 L
31.Cuero 9-3-0 0.750 415 290 1 L
32.Hargrave 9-3-0 0.750 535 244 1 L
33.Bridgeport 9-3-0 0.750 474 281 1 L
34.Kennedale 9-3-0 0.750 492 188 1 L
35.Liberty Hill 8-3-0 0.727 284 202 1 L
36.Graham 8-3-0 0.727 274 183 1 L
37.Liberty-Eylau 8-3-0 0.727 335 191 1 L
38.West Orange-Stark 8-3-0 0.727 437 141 1 L
39.Houston 8-3-0 0.727 260 150 1 L
40.Iowa Park 8-3-0 0.727 326 270 1 L
41.Burnet 8-3-0 0.727 351 196 2 L
42.Van Alstyne 8-3-0 0.727 381 264 1 L
43.Orangefield 7-3-0 0.700 281 259 3 W
44.Gonzales 7-3-0 0.700 313 185 2 L
45.Gilmer 9-4-0 0.692 518 367
46.Cooper 9-4-0 0.692 450 295 1 L
47.Royal 9-4-0 0.692 395 267 1 L
48.Lindale 8-4-0 0.667 519 292 1 L
49.Devine 8-4-0 0.667 453 248 3 L
50.Robstown 8-4-0 0.667 302 242 1

TexDad
12-07-2010, 09:13 PM
There is only one way that I won't be there and I am not sick so you betcha.......

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Found this on another website.Someone not from Wimberley thinks we are the best!

Can you PM me the link to this?

GR Tiger_14
12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
What other towns is Coldspring-Oakhurst by? I have never heard of them and then all of a sudden.....BOOM.....They are playin Wimberley. All of the teams they have played this year I haven't heard of either.

lbjacj
12-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I forgot how fast he is.Everyone else looks like their in slow motion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2vmFsQqqE

ogg
12-07-2010, 10:05 PM

70 more, lol

lbjacj
12-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Here's some more of our playmakers highlights.Brennen Blakemore....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eXMU5HTTec&feature=related

ogg
12-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I forgot how fast he is.Everyone else looks like their in slow motion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2vmFsQqqE

Hope he's in good condition.

DaHop72
12-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I guess I need to get busy, got about 30 more to go. Wimbo I see where you might not make the game, is that true????? If you don't make it TexDad, I covered it for you.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Here's some more of our playmakers highlights.Brennen Blakemore....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eXMU5HTTec&feature=related

NM

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:27 PM
WHO WINS THIS ONE?

Tejastrue
12-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
WHO WINS THIS ONE?

Is this a trick question?

ogg
12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
WHO WINS THIS ONE?

The Texans by double figures.

unclebeebeep
12-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Think this will be a good game

ogg
12-07-2010, 10:40 PM
He called it!

http://www.statesman.com/sports/wimberleys-jeremiah-kuenzli-864996.html

lbjacj
12-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ogg
He called it!

http://www.statesman.com/sports/wimberleys-jeremiah-kuenzli-864996.html

Yes he did!:clap:

j_dog
12-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by unclebeebeep
Think this will be a good game
no doubt about that. both teams have passed some big tests to get to this point.

TexDad
12-08-2010, 10:02 AM
This game will be great, going to be a long next two days, is it Friday yet????

TexDad
12-08-2010, 10:04 AM
I need 27 more posts but how much can you say about a game, maybe I need to go over to that "other" thread and get some pointers on trash talking or something........

Old LB
12-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I need 27 more posts but how much can you say about a game, maybe I need to go over to that "other" thread and get some pointers on trash talking or something........

What would you like to talk about? :D

garciap77
12-08-2010, 10:11 AM

TexDad
12-08-2010, 10:44 AM
What would you like to talk about?

I want to talk about the Texans of course, and our game this week against a equally talented team from Coldspring.......but there doesn't seem to be much interest...

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 10:55 AM
What would you like to talk about?

I want to talk about the Texans of course, and our game this week against a equally talented team from Coldspring.......but there doesn't seem to be much interest...

We are on here sporadically TexDad. I think most of the Texan supporters have day jobs. :) Are you going to make the game on Friday?

TexDad
12-08-2010, 11:00 AM
I haven't missed many games since 86. I defintely don't miss playoffs. Had a son on the 05 team.

TexDad
12-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Oh, BTW, I also have a day job but just have a little freedom with a computer

lbjacj
12-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I haven't missed many games since 86. I defintely don't miss playoffs. Had a son on the 05 team.

Congrats on the State Championship!I know you are proud as can be!
My oldest son had the misfortune to play on the 94-96 teams.They gave it their all but not very pleasant memories.:(

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Nice to have some flexibility at work TexDad. What do you think our chances are this week?

gold_33
12-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Im ready for this game, our team has gotten better and better throughout the season and the emergence of Wilson has given us a new weapon to the team that without Smith going out probably never wouldve got a chance to shine. With Smith back it gives Wilson a break for some plays on O and I think that only helps him because he's takin a pounding through the playoffs and when you run Wilson and pound the D and wear them down then your backup is a 6'2 215 D1 prospect to come in and give him a break and is a homerun threat that makes it hard for a defense to stop. If we can throw in some packages that have Smith, Wilson, Blakemore and Lambert all on the field on O, plus you add in Kutz and Burtschell, then I just dont know how a D could slow that down because you cannot key on one guy. Wish we could have Alana and younger Fonville back on D so we could have our full team for the first time all season but they're all juniors and we will see them all back and 100% hopefully next season. Should be an exciting game on Friday night!!

gold_33
12-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh, BTW, I also have a day job but just have a little freedom with a computer

Im just glad the fiber optic cable that got cut on saturday that shut down everything affected my web blocker at work so I dont have quota time anymore. Sucks only having 60min a day to be online!!

TexDad
12-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey,lbjacj, I know you know who I am, been in Wimberley all my life and my mom was on the school board for about 20 years.

Tejastrue, I like our chances, we just have to play up a notch this week.

trojandad
12-08-2010, 12:18 PM

sorry i dont help out much with the trash talk....kinda hard when someone truly takes a look at what you guys bring to the table....the more i dig, the more i'm completely impressed with you guys, particularly the coaching staff......

i could trash talk dr jasper who lives (or lived) there, he was the absolute biggest cheap shot artist on our team......

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 12:31 PM
sorry i dont help out much with the trash talk....kinda hard when someone truly takes a look at what you guys bring to the table....the more i dig, the more i'm completely impressed with you guys, particularly the coaching staff......

i could trash talk dr jasper who lives (or lived) there, he was the absolute biggest cheap shot artist on our team......

Hey trojandad, how many players you think are on the roster for Coldspring. Navarro last week, just up from 2A, I know had more players suited up than we did, although I did not do an actual head count.

TexDad
12-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Hey trojandad, is Dr. Jaspers first name Dean??? If so I know him.

I for one, never have or never will take a team lightly in the playoffs. Too many things can affect the outcome too many things can happen.

And I can't trash talk, just not my nature.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 12:40 PM

I for one, never have or never will take a team lightly in the playoffs. Too many things can affect the outcome too many things can happen.

So true TexDad...we are NOT taking Coldspring lightly as fans, and I suspect the coaches arent either. I think there is little doubt that Coldspring is definitely the best team we have faced this year. I think that says it all. We hope they arent THAT good...but we know they are good!! LOL

Rocket
12-08-2010, 12:46 PM

11.Alvarado 12-2-0 0.857 421 263 1 L
12.Carthage 12-2-0 0.857 607 367 10 W
13.Henderson 12-2-0 0.857 531 281 5 W
14.Lovejoy 11-2-0 0.846 564 165 1 L
15.Madison 11-2-0 0.846 651 228 1 L
16.Lorena 10-2-0 0.833 311 173 1 L
17.Raymondville 10-2-0 0.833 476 269 1 L
18.Canton 10-2-0 0.833 495 251 1 L
19.Dalhart 10-2-0 0.833 431 120 1 L
20.Estacado 9-2-0 0.818 464 147 1 L
21.Sealy 9-2-0 0.818 449 171 1 L
22.Sanger 9-2-0 0.818 399 228 2 L
23.Fairfield 9-2-0 0.818 401 169 2 L
24.Caldwell 8-2-0 0.800 377 229 1 L
25.Navarro 11-3-0 0.786 459 278 1 L
26.Athens 11-3-0 0.786 577 294 1 L
27.Navasota 10-3-0 0.769 426 240 1 L
28.Somerset 10-3-0 0.769 499 248 1 L
29.Mathis 10-3-0 0.769 603 259 1 L
30.Snyder 10-3-0 0.769 531 230 1 L
31.Cuero 9-3-0 0.750 415 290 1 L
32.Hargrave 9-3-0 0.750 535 244 1 L
33.Bridgeport 9-3-0 0.750 474 281 1 L
34.Kennedale 9-3-0 0.750 492 188 1 L
35.Liberty Hill 8-3-0 0.727 284 202 1 L
36.Graham 8-3-0 0.727 274 183 1 L
37.Liberty-Eylau 8-3-0 0.727 335 191 1 L
38.West Orange-Stark 8-3-0 0.727 437 141 1 L
39.Houston 8-3-0 0.727 260 150 1 L
40.Iowa Park 8-3-0 0.727 326 270 1 L
41.Burnet 8-3-0 0.727 351 196 2 L
42.Van Alstyne 8-3-0 0.727 381 264 1 L
43.Orangefield 7-3-0 0.700 281 259 3 W
44.Gonzales 7-3-0 0.700 313 185 2 L
45.Gilmer 9-4-0 0.692 518 367
46.Cooper 9-4-0 0.692 450 295 1 L
47.Royal 9-4-0 0.692 395 267 1 L
48.Lindale 8-4-0 0.667 519 292 1 L
49.Devine 8-4-0 0.667 453 248 3 L
50.Robstown 8-4-0 0.667 302 242 1

LOL Where did you pull this crap from?

TexDad
12-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I taking this game like I did in 05 against WOS, I know they are good and hope we can play like we are capable of. Very nervous but not like 05, little different when you don' t have a son (or nephew) playing. Right?

Rocket
12-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Tha D-Train is back huh? LOL In the hour of desperation...

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
LOL Where did you pull this crap from?

Yeah...I saw that too. Someone is crazy stupid to have us ranked #1 over the Lions. There isnt one stat to back that up, except that we are 14-0 as well. Of course, that doesnt mean we wouldn't beat you like a dirty quilt if we were to meet, but thats for another time.

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Tha D-Train is back huh? LOL In the hour of desperation...

Time served, Rocket. He paid the penalty for his actions, which is in line with non-athletes who do similar stuff. 30 days...thats pretty stiff.

trojandad
12-08-2010, 12:51 PM

thats him.....we graduated together from cleveland....i give him grief but he was always a good friend, just played the "knee biters" game on the field (i'm 6'4", he's like 5'7" i think) so i gave him grief......his mom was a second mom to me.....he's a great oral surgeon tho, used him a time or two and he knows his stuff.....

quick story on him, our math team in high school was always nationally ranked and an inroad to ivy league schools and the top three scores from school are recognized, anyway the two hours was almost over and dean's score was the third best so he was on the team, but i had finished far earlier and went to sleep on my desk (3 days of driving to jasper for the district gold tourney) so they woke me up, dean just knew i had gone to sleep and not finished, but my score tied the best and bumped him off the team....he was acting so arrogant that day but even with the fun of beating him, i really felt bad for how far he fell.....he was and is a truly sharp guy.....he has one brother who's an atty, another thats a pharmacist, all good guys.......

KVILLE_GRAD
12-08-2010, 01:16 PM
might have to attend this one... a little bit of a drive, like an hour forty five, but should be worth it.

trojandad
12-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
might have to attend this one... a little bit of a drive, like an hour forty five, but should be worth it.

if you do, i'd sure like to shake your hand, my friend......

lbjacj
12-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Hey,lbjacj, I know you know who I am, been in Wimberley all my life and my mom was on the school board for about 20 years.

Tejastrue, I like our chances, we just have to play up a notch this week.

I thought it might be you.Now I know!:D

garciap77
12-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah...I saw that too. Someone is crazy stupid to have us ranked #1 over the Lions. There isnt one stat to back that up, except that we are 14-0 as well. Of course, that doesnt mean we wouldn't beat you like a dirty quilt if we were to meet, but thats for another time.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

;)

TexDad
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
thats him.....we graduated together from cleveland....i give him grief but he was always a good friend, just played the "knee biters" game on the field (i'm 6'4", he's like 5'7" i think) so i gave him grief......his mom was a second mom to me.....he's a great oral surgeon tho, used him a time or two and he knows his stuff.....

quick story on him, our math team in high school was always nationally ranked and an inroad to ivy league schools and the top three scores from school are recognized, anyway the two hours was almost over and dean's score was the third best so he was on the team, but i had finished far earlier and went to sleep on my desk (3 days of driving to jasper for the district gold tourney) so they woke me up, dean just knew i had gone to sleep and not finished, but my score tied the best and bumped him off the team....he was acting so arrogant that day but even with the fun of beating him, i really felt bad for how far he fell.....he was and is a truly sharp guy.....he has one brother who's an atty, another thats a pharmacist, all good guys.......

He removed my wisdom teeth several years ago, very nice guy. Known his wife since she was in JR High

wimbo_pro
12-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

;)

LOL...I got my own sign!!!!

Tejastrue
12-08-2010, 01:46 PM
LOL...I got my own sign!!!!

You must be a legend, Wimbo!!