PDA

View Full Version : 3A Division II State Semifinal: Brownwood (14-0) vs. Carthage (12-2)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

charlesrixey
12-03-2010, 11:21 PM
#1 Brownwood vs. the two-time defending state champions

i think Brownwood is going to meet their match in this one. too close to call

7:30 Friday

Kincaide Stadium, Dallas

BEAST
12-03-2010, 11:22 PM
And the Brownwood Lions will win.

BEAST

Keith7
12-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Carthage by 21

charlesrixey
12-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Carthage can score a lot and do it while running the football too. That is going to present a problem for Brownwood since i think Carthage can stop them a couple times on offense.

SintonFan
12-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm rooting for Carthage in the upset!!!:clap:

BullBoy
12-03-2010, 11:32 PM
both teams are very good, no telling who will come out victorious in this one.

i want to say brownwood by 14, they just have way too many weapons and i think they can get a few stops against carthage.

Go Lions!

charlesrixey
12-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Carthage drove quite well against a great defense in Argyle, a defense which held Gilmer to 14 points. That bodes well against Brownwood.

DDBooger
12-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Carthage by 21 lol

BEAST
12-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Carthage by 21

That ain't happening. They may win but not by 21. If anyone wins by that margin it'll be us.

BEAST

Keith7
12-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
That ain't happening. They may win but not by 21. If anyone wins by that margin it'll be us.

BEAST

I think they have too much speed and athleticism for a west texas team and that's just being real with it.

Lion_Addict
12-03-2010, 11:43 PM
I think they have too much speed and athleticism

Hmmmmmm :thinking: ...... so, kinda like we'll be lookin in a mirror.

Gonna be one helluva matchup! GO LIONS!!!!

Lion_Addict
12-03-2010, 11:55 PM
No doubt.....gonna be the toughest game of the year for us.

Hear all this "blah" "blah" "blah" about the speed & "yada" "yada" "yada" from the team from the (Y)east, that we just won't be able to handle :rolleyes: . Those "doubters" & "haters" out there will get to see what all the rest of us know....we know how to play a lil football out here too, and have a lil SPEED & TALENT as well ;) .
Get ready Carthage, you're about to have THE WOOD taken to ya!!!! :devil:

Lefty
12-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Bulldogs by 4.

I like to call this one....The Big Sky Boys vs The Big Ol' Country Boys! Going to be epic!

hollywood
12-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Of course you are! It worked against Monahans! Keep it up!

Txbroadcaster
12-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Hmmmmmm :thinking: ...... so, kinda like we'll be lookin in a mirror.

Gonna be one helluva matchup! GO LIONS!!!!

not predicting this game at all yet..BUT after seeing both teams honestly Carthage does have more speed across the boards, not that Bwood is slow at all, but yes Carthage has a speed/athletisicm advatage

Cant WAIT for Grant and I to discuss this one

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 12:01 AM
I may have to go to this game because it may well be for the State Championship in my opinion even though the real game is 2 weeks away. Could my maroon shirt be ready? I can wear the 2007 Shirt and Hoodie I wore for Celina's Championship game against China Spring. It is a lucky combo!

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
No doubt.....gonna be the toughest game of the year for us.

Hear all this "blah" "blah" "blah" about the speed & "yada" "yada" "yada" from the team from the (Y)east, that we just won't be able to handle :rolleyes: . Those "doubters" & "haters" out there will get to see what all the rest of us know....we know how to play a lil football out here too, and have a lil SPEED & TALENT as well ;) .
Get ready Carthage, you're about to have THE WOOD taken to ya!!!! :devil:

Regardless of speed, Carthage will have the best defense and offense that Brownwood has faced. Brownwood has occasionally played good defenses or good offenses this year, but not both at the same time and not to the level of Carthage. At least we finally get to see if Brownwood is for real

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I may have to go to this game because it may well be for the State Championship in my opinion even though the real game is 2 weeks away. Could my maroon shirt be ready? I can wear the 2007 Shirt and Hoodie I wore for Celina's Championship game against China Spring. It is a lucky combo!

Either Coldspring or Wimberley won't be too bad of a team in the finals, either. Any of the four could win

bwdlionfan
12-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Either Coldspring or Wimberley won't be too bad of a team in the finals, either. Any of the four could win

I would think any team with 14 wins is for real

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Regardless of speed, Carthage will have the best defense and offense that Brownwood has faced. Brownwood has occasionally played good defenses or good offenses this year, but not both at the same time and not to the level of Carthage. At least we finally get to see if Brownwood is for real That's no shart. This game won't be for sissies.

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I would think any team with 14 wins is for real

well coldspring only has 13 and Carthage has 12 so i dont think it really matters, lol

Lefty
12-04-2010, 12:07 AM

You aren't kidding. Coldspring is playing very good ball right now. I don't know much about Wimberley though.

DDBooger
12-04-2010, 12:09 AM
This may have been asked a 1000 times, but who did Carthage lose to?

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger

Nacogdoches and Chapel Hill in back to back weeks near the beginning of the saeson

Keith7
12-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Nacogdoches and Chapel Hill in back to back weeks near the beginning of the saeson

Those were flukes.. And, even so, Brownwood would lose by 21 to both of them.

Lefty
12-04-2010, 12:12 AM

Chapel Hill & Nacogdoches. After those games they got it together and started playing some good ball...evidently

DDBooger
12-04-2010, 12:14 AM
And TCH is still playing, damn, maybe they are the best team in the state.

Simple Man
12-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Beast-Why do you think Brownwood can beat Carthage by 21 but not the other way around? Just asking.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Simple Man
Beast-Why do you think Brownwood can beat Carthage by 21 but not the other way around? Just asking.

Cuz he is a homer!

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 12:32 AM

Carthage didnt get two of its all-state caliber defensive players back until later in the season

bwdlionfan
12-04-2010, 12:35 AM

Nac was 3-7... obviously their win over Carthage was influenced by something... they would not beat Brownwood by 21.

Tin Cup
12-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Carthage will be plenty good. We respect them no question. I'm not sure they will respect us though. You'll hear stuff like argyle is better than Brownwood out there in east texas. This should be a fun week

Yoe_09
12-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Brownwood by 21.

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Carthage will be plenty good. We respect them no question. I'm not sure they will respect us though. You'll hear stuff like argyle is better than Brownwood out there in east texas. This should be a fun week

lol jus dont bother going to smoaky then.

carthage will respect you

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Argyle was overhyped. They beat an injured LL in Week 1 and almost got beat by Sanger. Their pass defense was suspect at best. Carthage exposed them.

Brownwood will score and they will stop Carthage at least 4 times. Count on it. You remember Graham? We are way better.

My prediction is 40-28 Brownwood.

bwdlionfan
12-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Carthage is a very good team and Brownwood will have to play very well to beat Carthage. Same goes for Carthage: Brownwood is a very good team and Carthage will have to play very well to beat Brownwood.

This one will be a lot of fun.

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Brownwood's Defense stepped up tonight and made stops when it needed them from what I heard on the Radio.

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Brownwood's Defense stepped up tonight and made stops when it needed them from what I heard on the Radio.

true, but monahans isnt exactly an offensive powerhouse

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Monahans had one good opening drive and one big play (blown holding call) in the second half. That is it. :)

Brownwood wins by 30 for the third time in the playoffs. 64 against IP. :eek:

You better respect Brownwood. Oh my goodness...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:16 AM

True, but Brownwood totally dominated them. Did exactly what a good team should do 4 Rounds deep.

Sorry, but Argyle was not all that.

Looking4number8
12-04-2010, 01:23 AM

Thats funny, there is a 120 page thread telling us how Monahans is offense is great and gonna run it down our throat all night... now all of a sudden they are no good? Goofas. Monahans offense was damn good and they won 13 games with it.

95mustang
12-04-2010, 01:29 AM
Cuz he is a homer!

Because Keith is not someone you want on your side. ;)

bclion56
12-04-2010, 01:31 AM
So is this our challenge? Just like monahan was supposed to be? Or anyone else we've played lol same story different chapter guys they'll score once and then we'll adjust and destroy

ccmom
12-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by bclion56
So is this our challenge? Just like monahan was supposed to be? Or anyone else we've played lol same story different chapter guys they'll score once and then we'll adjust and destroy Oh dear me... I knew I should have logged off. :rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 01:40 AM
So is this our challenge? Just like monahan was supposed to be? Or anyone else we've played lol same story different chapter guys they'll score once and then we'll adjust and destroy

Where were you last year? Or the year before? Or the decades before that? Be very careful, Newbie....be very careful with your cocky-talk.

garciap77
12-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Brownwood by 21. :clap: :clap: :clap:

oldtownag
12-04-2010, 01:47 AM
Carthage 42 - Brown Wood 21

That is all!

Looking4number8
12-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag

That is all!

Hope it is the other way around, good luck next week... but not too much.

Go Lions!!!!

Keith7
12-04-2010, 01:51 AM

That is all!

Carthage by 21 :clap:

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:18 AM

That is all!

Who is Carthage's signature win?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:21 AM

That is all!

Get some sleep. You're delirious.

91 lion
12-04-2010, 02:24 AM

That is all!

I will say:

Brownwood 40
Carth Age 27
:D

bclion56
12-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Newbie yea but I follow football religiously I know all about Carthage and are they good yes they are! Are they the lions? Not even close

tex_male
12-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Brownwood +1

I hope you guy enjoy the show!:D

91 lion
12-04-2010, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by tex_male
Brownwood +1

I hope you guy enjoy the show!:D

Nice meeting you tonite Tex! Great season....It as easy to see how you guys won 13 games!

Keith7
12-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Newbie yea but I follow football religiously I know all about Carthage and are they good yes they are! Are they the lions? Not even close

pffff.. child please.. get out of here with that weak sauce noob :doh:

LoboesWT
12-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Rocket is a gracious winner as all will be able to tell.

Not.

Brownwood is the real deal. Hope they take it all.

lakrfool
12-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Here's the link to where the game is played next week...it's actually Duncanville, not Dallas proper:

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=309

There is a map link there too.

This should be a great game...I need to get a scouting report on Carthage from my homeboys in Henderson (I'm a HHS/86 alum) so I can know what to expect.

Bwood offense REALLY needs to be in synch for the Bulldogs. Even though they were much better this week, I don't feel like the pass attack was hitting on all cylinders. But when you get deeper in the playoffs, good defenses will do that, so I guess that is to be expected.

CARTHAGE MAY BE DEEP IN THE PINES, BUT THEY ARE YET TO SEE THE 'WOOD

hollywood
12-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Brownwood has great coaches. Carthage has great coaches. Brownwood has great athletes. Carthage has great athletes. Brownwood has team speed. Carthage has team speed. We get it! Both teams have proven enough over the season that they are both very worthy of playing in the semi's. Agree?

Here's the difference... Brownwood knows how to win more! They have the hardest working, most committed players in the state. You say, so does every other team. Well, a lot of teams can claim that. But this group has been dead set and have worked relentlessly since January towards their goal. Not since this summer... All year! Brownwood will be too much for Carthage to handle.

Brownwood 48
Carthage 24

LoboesWT
12-04-2010, 03:03 AM
Just curious who is going to play the role of HYPE and who is going to play the role of HEART in this matchup this coming week?

LionFan72
12-04-2010, 03:03 AM
+1.

Go Lions, bash the bulldogs, just from another litter.......

LionFan72
12-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Preparations are being made for a NO DOG SHOW! Lions win. Mark it down. One point will be sufficient, 21 will clear the decks.

91 lion
12-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Because Keith is not someone you want on your side. ;)

you're right 95.....Keith 7 (Brownwood Titles) has proven to be a devout Brownwood Hater, hasn't he?

Take the blinders off, buddy ;)

eagles_victory
12-04-2010, 03:12 AM
I feel like Brownwood takes this game by about 21. Carthage looked great tonight and Morgan is out of this world good I just don't think he has enough around him at the skill positions to keep up with what Brownwood is going to be doing offesnively. I'll say Brownwood 45 Carthage 21.

LionFan72
12-04-2010, 03:19 AM
[SIZE=3][COLOR=red]

No truer words have been revealed. Brownwood by 20.

LionFan72
12-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by 91 lion
you're right 95.....Keith 7 (Brownwood Titles) has proven to be a devout Brownwood Hater, hasn't he?

Or leave them on, you look better and can always use an excuse.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Lets be real people and face the facts:

Region I is a joke
Brownwood has played a bunch of nobodys
If they played Carthage's schedule they would be 9-5
Carthage is going to win by 21

Keith7
12-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by 91 lion

I haven't said a word about Brownwood all year. I just know the truth and lets face it, the truth hurts.

Sorry guys, you had a good run but Carthage is going to take you to the wood shed for this one.

lakrfool
12-04-2010, 03:30 AM
>Lets be real people and face the facts: Region I is a joke Brownwood has played a bunch of nobodys If they played Carthage's schedule they would be 9-5 Carthage is going to win by 21<

This "Keith7" fellow appears somewhat opinionated & confident.

91 lion
12-04-2010, 03:31 AM
I haven't said a word about Brownwood all year. I just know the truth and lets face it, the truth hurts.

Sorry guys, you had a good run but Carthage is going to take you to the wood shed for this one.

I respect that. All I can say is:

It'll come to ya!

We can show you better than we can tell you! :cool:

Keith7
12-04-2010, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by lakrfool
>Lets be real people and face the facts: Region I is a joke Brownwood has played a bunch of nobodys If they played Carthage's schedule they would be 9-5 Carthage is going to win by 21<

This "Keith7" fellow appears somewhat opinionated & confident.

They're not opinions bub. They are facts. It's time to set some people straight around here and there's a new sheriff in town.

LoboesWT
12-04-2010, 03:33 AM

Region I is a joke

1 Yes Region I is quite comical, especially with posting.
2. No, Brownwood has not played a bunch of nobodys(? grammar)
3. If they played Carthage's Schedule they would still be undefeated
4. Brownwood wins

91 lion
12-04-2010, 03:44 AM

Region I is a joke

Silly rabbit, didn't you learn that facts and truths are not always the same and can be 2 different things.

Here's the truth....your "facts" are actually your OPINION.

.....and pretty opinionated for some one that is a self professed "Brownwood Lion non-hater"....I could have sworn that you were driving the Lion Hater Bus.

....or maybe it's more of the belief that East Texas football is supreme....and fast....blah, blah, blah, thats fueling your "facts"

Here is a fact....Carthage and Brownwood will play next friday

...and MY opinoin is as follows:
-Brownwood is better than Carthage
-Brownwood will beat Carthage
-Keith 7 is a Brownwood Hater

lakrfool
12-04-2010, 03:48 AM
>They're not opinions bub. They are facts. It's time to set some people straight around here and there's a new sheriff in town.<

Whatever Officer Fife....I think Aunt Bea's got a humble pie cooling for you on the window sill.

http://weblogs.wpix.com/news/lionel/barney_fife.jpg

You lack credibility.

91 lion
12-04-2010, 03:48 AM
They're not opinions bub. They are facts. It's time to set some people straight around here and there's a new sheriff in town. :hand: :blahblah: :crazy: :blahblah: :fnypost: :thmbdwn:

orange machine
12-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Just got back from the Carthage game and I was more than impressesed. Rocket Argyle was a very good team that has alot better Defense than Brownwood and Carthage owned Argyle tonight. After seeing Both Brownwood and Carthage play I'm going with Carthage they are big, fast and have a great Qb. It will be a great game, but the Carthage defense will be able to hold off Brownwood enough to get the win. I say Cartage 45 Brownwood 35.

bclion56
12-04-2010, 04:09 AM

Region I is a joke

Since when is monahan a nobody team?? I mean granted we made them look like a nobody team but still they are very talented

91 lion
12-04-2010, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Just got back from the Carthage game and I was more than impressesed. Rocket Argyle was a very good team that has alot better Defense than Brownwood and Carthage owned Argyle tonight. After seeing Both Brownwood and Carthage play I'm going with Carthage they are big, fast and have a great Qb. It will be a great game, but the Carthage defense will be able to hold off Brownwood enough to get the win. I say Cartage 45 Brownwood 35.

Good take OM!...I must say that I disagree, though.

Keith, (eventhough OM is wrong) this is how it's done.

Z-RO
12-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Here is something to ponder, is Carthage better this year then they were last season? I don't think so. Carthage squeezed out a 1 point win against Graham last season. Graham lost to Brownwood last season by one point (I believe Graham was better then Brownwood was last season) anyways the point being this Brownwood team is a LOT better then it was last season. Brownwood's defense is going to give up some points, but can Carthage out score them?

Carthage is going to keep the ball on the ground and try to kill the clock, but what happens once they fall behind and find themselves with not very much time left, because Brownwood is going to get their points.

I expect G.Brown to have a huge game with his feet, with that said I am predicting Brownwood wins 39-31 (Brownwood will have 3 missed extra points).

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Brownwood has great coaches. Carthage has great coaches. Brownwood has great athletes. Carthage has great athletes. Brownwood has team speed. Carthage has team speed. We get it! Both teams have proven enough over the season that they are both very worthy of playing in the semi's. Agree?
So, we can just close this thread for the rest of the week! Sweeeeet!!!! :)

Here's the difference... Brownwood knows how to win more! They have the hardest working, most committed players in the state. You say, so does every other team. Well, a lot of teams can claim that. But this group has been dead set and have worked relentlessly since January towards their goal. Not since this summer... All year! Brownwood will be too much for Carthage to handle.
:fnypost: :fnypost: :spitlol: And I guess Carthage was playing tiddly-winks in January and all summer. GMAB! :rolleyes: Knows how to win more? :doh: :doh:

Louie13
12-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Since Carthage is 2-time defending State Champions and they qualify to be East Texas or West Louisiana with extreme speed, doesn't that make Brownwood the "underdogs", thus Carthage is expected to win --thus no upset if they win, ...if a frog had wings.

But Carthage will definitely be UPSET come Friday:devil: :bigcry: :devil:

Aesculus gilmus
12-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Because I have only heard of Brownwood, but have actually seen Carthage, I will go with the Bulldogs.

I agree that this is the de facto championship game. The game a week later at Cowboys Stadium is going to be as anti-climactic as the Gilmer game against Abilene Wylie at Ford Stadium last year was.

Everyone felt as they left the stadium that night that the real championship game had been played the week before in Huntsville against Cuero.

I could be wrong about the Coldspring-Wimberley winner being this year's Wylie, but I don't think I am.

Louie13
12-04-2010, 08:03 AM

The D did a very good job this week, and last week. They have started to jell.

Louie13
12-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Just curious who is going to play the role of HYPE and who is going to play the role of HEART in this matchup this coming week? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Louie13
12-04-2010, 08:18 AM

Excuse me. You can't use the term "wood shed" in your posts. The "Wood shed" is proprietary property of the Brownwood Lions, and you're not going to like your visit to it!;) :cool: :)

Louie13
12-04-2010, 08:22 AM
>They're not opinions bub. They are facts. It's time to set some people straight around here and there's a new sheriff in town.<

Whatever Officer Fife....I think Aunt Bea's got a humble pie cooling for you on the window sill.

http://weblogs.wpix.com/news/lionel/barney_fife.jpg

You lack credibility. :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :clap:

JJWalker
12-04-2010, 08:24 AM
You have got to go with a winner ... Carnage.

Dawg Dad
12-04-2010, 09:41 AM

Brownwood 48
Carthage 24

brownwood knows how to win more? Um, unless I am mistaken, I think Carthage is back-to-back state champions...

Also, glad to know that you have been at both teams facilities since January judging and weighing the amount of effort put into each individual workout. Heck, not just both of these teams, but every team in the state.

Root for your team, but check the asinine comments.

LH_Tuff
12-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Who is Carthage's signature win?

Brownwood :devil:

gonktacular
12-04-2010, 09:52 AM

Region I is a joke

He is obviously right because he used bullet points.

BULLET POINTS, PEOPLE

Looking4number8
12-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

I agree that this is the de facto championship game.

Man, I may be crazy and I hope I am but is nobody paying any attention to Coldsrping. I dont even know where they are or what they run but they are putting up the same kind of numbers that Brownwood is, maybe even more impressive wins. Anyone that thinks the SC game will be a pushover is just plain CRAZY!

GO LIONS!!

sinton66
12-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Man, I may be crazy and I hope I am but is nobody paying any attention to Coldsrping. I dont even know where they are or what they run but they are putting up the same kind of numbers that Brownwood is, maybe even more impressive wins. Anyone that thinks the SC game will be a pushover is just plain CRAZY!

GO LIONS!!

No, you're not crazy. EVERY team left at this level has been tested and deserve to be here. It would be foolish indeed to overlook any team at this point. Homers refuse to admit this fact and that causes the crow population in Texas drastic population reductions almost every year.;)

(ps, wouldn't be a good idea to overlook Coldspring's next opponent either.;) )

pirate4state
12-04-2010, 10:10 AM

Brownwood 48
Carthage 24

Oh man, this post made me scream laugh! I can skip the comic section this morning! "knows how to win more!" lmao :clap:

garciap77
12-04-2010, 10:14 AM

:thinking: Flukes! So, Carthage weakness is “FLUKES”! There you go Brownwood by 30+ points!

P.S Nice Trophy case!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_EagleTrophy-1.jpg

LOL

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Homers refuse to admit this fact and that causes the crow population in Texas drastic population reductions almost every year.;)
There could even be an endangered species edict issued. ;)

zebrablue2
12-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There could even be an endangered species edict issued. ;)

LOL!!

Inmateboss
12-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Carthage can score a lot and do it while running the football too. That is going to present a problem for Brownwood since i think Carthage can stop them a couple times on offense.

I think your right ... Carthage can stop Brownwood a couple of times on offense! But I think Bwood is going to have the ball more than a couple of times!! Those are the ones that are going to kill y'all!!!

PS: Carthage is going DOWN !!

91 lion
12-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by gonktacular
He is obviously right because he used bullet points.

BULLET POINTS, PEOPLE

That's because he copied and pasted it from a Microsoft Word document....some of us apparently need spell-check:thinking:

Louie13
12-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Dawg Dad
brownwood knows how to win more? Um, unless I am mistaken, I think Carthage is back-to-back state champions...

Also, glad to know that you have been at both teams facilities since January judging and weighing the amount of effort put into each individual workout. Heck, not just both of these teams, but every team in the state.

Root for your team, but check the asinine comments.

Woohoo, this thread is in its infancy and has anybody noticed the difference between what is going on here and the Monahans thread last week. My kudos to Monahans. We had a lot of really fun and non-hate banter going back and forth. Now I see why Brownwood fits so well as "West" Texas. No doubt about who has been driving the "hater" bus.:devil: :eek: :devil:

hollywood
12-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Oh man, this post made me scream laugh! I can skip the comic section this morning! "knows how to win more!" lmao :clap:

LOL. Hey, it was almost 2 am! Cut me a little slack!

On a serious note, his group of kids has been playing and winning football games since they were 9-10 years olds. So yes, they know how to win... More! :D

Keep doubting, you will eventually be enlightened.;)

Inmateboss
12-04-2010, 10:32 AM

I'm thinking Brownwood Wimberley Sounds really good !!! :clap:

Inmateboss
12-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Carthage didnt get two of its all-state caliber defensive players back until later in the season

Man you gotta love that prison release program !!!:D

bwdaggie
12-04-2010, 10:40 AM
actually i am GLAD carthage peeps & brownwood haters think region I is weak & we are no threat...makes it SO much sweeter :) GO LIONS!

pirate4state
12-04-2010, 10:41 AM
LOL. Hey, it was almost 2 am! Cut me a little slack!

On a serious note, his group of kids has been playing and winning football games since they were 9-10 years olds. So yes, they know how to win... More! :D

Keep doubting, you will eventually be enlightened.;)

LOL and the Carthage kids haven't?

Look, I don't have a dog in this fight. All I hope for is a good game. Would prefer a Brownwood win so I can see the Shipley kid play the following week, but your statement was hilarious given the fact that Carthage is the 2 time defending champ!

Safe travels to all and may the best team win!

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I think they have too much speed and athleticism for a west texas team and that's just being real with it.

West Texas Team? Really? I never have considered the Lions to be a West Texas Team...or even in west texas for that matter!

Louie13
12-04-2010, 10:51 AM
lol

You better get urself outta OK for this game.

LionFan72
12-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Let us take a look at recent history.....last year Carthage was all that, with several D1 athletes that struggled in a close win over Graham. All you Carthage posters have agreed you have less talent this year than last. You say you have speed and size. Whatever!

My opinion is this is a gonna be THE slobberknocker of the year, two quality teams in a cat fight. I have not had the pleasure of seeing Carthage, but if you can stop or outscore the Brownwood Lions this year, hats off to you! No one has come closer than 29 points, I don't see the bullpups slowing the Lions down. This team/unit is 11 athletes on both sides of the ball with a common purpose, you will not stop them all. Gonna be an interesting game. May the best team win!

We are gonna score, you are gonna score, question is who scores last? I really believe Brownwood wins giving up the most points we have all year.

#1 BROWNWOOD 55
#3 CARTHAGE 41

Inmateboss
12-04-2010, 10:54 AM

Region I is a joke

You gotcha some of that good east texas weed, huh !!!:thinking:

91 lion
12-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL and the Carthage kids haven't?

Look, I don't have a dog in this fight. All I hope for is a good game. Would prefer a Brownwood win so I can see the Shipley kid play the following week, but your statement was hilarious given the fact that Carthage is the 2 time defending champ!

Safe travels to all and may the best team win!

Hollywood....you really know how to put the bait out there don't you!! Let me fill you guys in....Hollywood more than respects every opponent that Brownwood faces...that's just how he is. The cool part about it is that he can still type very well with his tongue in cheek.....and the bait get taken:cool:

Hollywood, it looks like you may have to spell it out a little more for a few of our friends:doh:

ctown
12-04-2010, 11:01 AM
We all need some more entertainment before Brownwood bows out this week. Very few 3ADL posters are up to the level of smack talk that Rocket excretes on an ongoing basis. I am certainly not in that league. However, reading that other east Texas board has me of the opinion that Rocket would be outclassed there. Maybe he should go get logged on there and post his usual stuff so that we can see the state championship of smack talk. I don't think he could handle it..... :D

91 lion
12-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
West Texas Team? Really? I never have considered the Lions to be a West Texas Team...or even in west texas for that matter!

Wimbo, you're right and us folks out here know the difference in West Texas and "WEST TEXAS".

Unfortunately, for our "friends with speed", they equate anything on the left side of Interstate 35 as West Texas.:doh:

Rocket
12-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Why would I go to smoaky? That's stupid. That would be like Brownwood playing at Carthage's home field. Of course I would get destroyed. I'll jack them all up on neutral ground, the 3A Download.

Except if Brownwood played at Carthage, they would still win. ;)

Tin Cup
12-04-2010, 11:14 AM
All I know about Carthage is that they have won it all the last 2 years and they are still playing this year. That makes them the team to beat because they are to be respected and they've earned it.

Having said that, people on this board have grossly underestimated Brownwood all season. We keep hearing this is this week you could stumble. Well guess what, we keep DOMINATING. throw records out, throw stats out. This game will be won and lost in the trenches. If Carthage gets to graylon and forces mistakes we will be in some trouble. If we can block their speed long enough to execute, we can score on any team in Texas 1A-5A. Brownwood will finally meet their equal

Brownwood 38
Carthage 35

Bullbatt
12-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
1 Yes Region I is quite comical, especially with posting.
2. No, Brownwood has not played a bunch of nobodys(? grammar)
3. If they played Carthage's Schedule they would still be undefeated
4. Brownwood wins :clap:

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

(ps, wouldn't be a good idea to overlook Coldspring's next opponent either.;) )

<<<Sinton66...shhhhhh....lets just let it lie for now...>>>

Rocket
12-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Carthage is not playing an unproven Argyle team this week, they are playing the UNDISPUTED, and UNCHALLENGED #1 Brownwood Lions. We see what happened last year with Carthage-Graham. We also see what happened earlier in the season when Carthage played a real team. Ouch.

Brownwood is more than great athletes and coaches, it is a system. A very, very complex system. A system that has still yet to be fully revealed. A system that has not been challenged. A system with plenty of cards that have not been shown. Our defense is good enough.

Carthage will need the perfect game to pull this win off, they are no different than any other team Brownwood has played. You screw up, you pay. The 21 Point Black Hole has no favorites. Every team that falls into it loses by at least 30. Every team has...Got that? It's not about geography, it's about the freaking system.

Brownwood holds nothing back this week. Get your popcorn ready, ladies and gentleman. Brownwood is for real.

Matthew328
12-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Here's the link to where the game is played next week...it's actually Duncanville, not Dallas proper:

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=309

There is a map link there too.

This should be a great game...I need to get a scouting report on Carthage from my homeboys in Henderson (I'm a HHS/86 alum) so I can know what to expect.

Bwood offense REALLY needs to be in synch for the Bulldogs. Even though they were much better this week, I don't feel like the pass attack was hitting on all cylinders. But when you get deeper in the playoffs, good defenses will do that, so I guess that is to be expected.

Umm Kincaide is NOT in Duncanville its a good 5 miles east of Duncanville...Kincaide is basically on the far southern edge of Oak Cliff...

Brownwood folks don't ask if there are any good places to eat around there because there won't be...unless you count Carl's Jr....some chain spots off I-20 and Wheatland/Hampton...best bet for pre-game grub is in Arlington off I-20 near the Parks Mall...plenty of options there...

lakrfool
12-04-2010, 11:37 AM
>Umm Kincaide is NOT in Duncanville its a good 5 miles east of Duncanville...Kincaide is basically on the far southern edge of Oak Cliff...<

Whatever...I guess I was looking at this map when I made that proclamation:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=9191+S+Polk+St,+Dallas,+TX+75232&ll=32.637785,-96.84032&spn=0.01666,0.053558
Duncanville, DeSoto, Lancaster...just don't leave your car unlocked is what I know.

Bullbatt
12-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Anyone know who is Home/Visitors in this one?

lbjacj
12-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Because I have only heard of Brownwood, but have actually seen Carthage, I will go with the Bulldogs.

I agree that this is the de facto championship game. The game a week later at Cowboys Stadium is going to be as anti-climactic as the Gilmer game against Abilene Wylie at Ford Stadium last year was.

Everyone felt as they left the stadium that night that the real championship game had been played the week before in Huntsville against Cuero.

I could be wrong about the Coldspring-Wimberley winner being this year's Wylie, but I don't think I am.

Don't underestimate the Texans like Brownwood did last year.They may just give you a game!

grahampaw
12-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Don't underestimate the Texans like Brownwood did last year.They may just give you a game! Dont you have another game to worry about?

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Carthage is not playing an unproven Argyle team this week, they are playing the UNDISPUTED, and UNCHALLENGED #1 Brownwood Lions. We see what happened last year with Carthage-Graham. We also see what happened earlier in the season when Carthage played a real team. Ouch.

Brownwood is more than great athletes and coaches, it is a system. A very, very complex system. A system that has still yet to be fully revealed. A system that has not been challenged. A system with plenty of cards that have not been shown. Our defense is good enough.

Carthage will need the perfect game to pull this win off, they are no different than any other team Brownwood has played. You screw up, you pay. The 21 Point Black Hole has no favorites. Every team that falls into it loses by at least 30. Every team has...Got that? It's not about geography, it's about the freaking system.

Brownwood holds nothing back this week. Get your popcorn ready, ladies and gentleman. Brownwood is for real.

Lets see...this is the best team Bwood has seen all year WITHOUT A DOUBT..Cannot be argured

Carthage is seeing the best team they have seen all year..but not by a big stretch at all.

Three teams Carthage played in regular season..CH, Henderson and Gilmer all went three rounds deep with Henderson vs CH for State title..Another team Lindale was ousted in a close on agianst Henderson
Overall Carthage played 6 play off teams in regular season going 5-1 agianst them

The teams they faced in regular season who went to the play offs are a combined 11-4 in the play offs

So yes again Bwood is the best Carthage is going to see all season, but in no way will Carthage be shocked and awed by Bwood( and Bwood the same)

So right now we have the 2 time defending Champ vs a team ranked on paper as the #1 team...it does not get better than that IMO

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ctown
We all need some more entertainment before Brownwood bows out this week. Very few 3ADL posters are up to the level of smack talk that Rocket excretes on an ongoing basis. I am certainly not in that league. However, reading that other east Texas board has me of the opinion that Rocket would be outclassed there. Maybe he should go get logged on there and post his usual stuff so that we can see the state championship of smack talk. I don't think he could handle it..... :D

If anybody posts on that joke of a site, Smoaky, go tell them to get out of there East Texas butt patting party and come get some. I just read their East Texas pep rally bullcrap and it's very ignorant and very weak. It's like walking into the Carthage Coffee Shop full of a bunch of mental invalids. Probably an accurate assessment.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't get how these Brownwood people can me so cocky and yet blind to the truth.

YOU ARE NOT THAT GOOD!!!

This reminds me of a few years ago when Hawaii was whoopin but in the WAC then gets a bid to go to play Florida in the Sugar Bowl only to lose by 40 points.

For the life of me, I can't fathom how so many woodies think they are going into Fridays game and walk away with a win.

Lets run down a quick checklist and see who REALLY is better:

Speed: Advantage Carthage
Experience: Advantage Carthage
Heart: Advantage Carthage
Strength of Schedule: Advantage Carthage
Coaching: Advantage Carthage

Do you guys see a trend here? From top to bottom Carthage is better. I'm sorry you guys got your hopes up from playing in the weakest region in all of Texas High School football. Better luck next year!

oh wait, it's this year or bust for you guys huh?

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 12:20 PM
If anybody posts on that joke of a site, Smoaky, go tell them to get out of there East Texas butt patting party and come get some. I just read their East Texas pep rally bullcrap and it's very ignorant and very weak. It's like walking into the Carthage Coffee Shop full of a bunch of mental invalids. Probably an accurate assessment.

I know u will hide behind the all in fun..but this post is classless plain and simple and goes beyond the line of all in fun.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I know u will hide behind the all in fun..but this post is classless plain and simple and goes beyond the line of all in fun.

Reminds me of RainMan when he gets too excited...."Judge Whopner comes on in 15 minutes...!!!"

Keith7
12-04-2010, 12:22 PM

would you expect anything less from a big ole brown woodie??

hollywood
12-04-2010, 12:24 PM
There's always a first. But, I haven't been off by far on any of the predictions this season. I picked 41-13 over Monahans. I picked Brownwood to beat Stephenville by more than 21 points and even Brownwood fans didn't believe me. I call it like I see it, not just on heart! Lol

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:24 PM

Which part? Have u read the disrespect over there for anything that isn't East Texas? Give me a break.

LionFan72
12-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Don't underestimate the Texans like Brownwood did last year.They may just give you a game!

Wait your turn, ese! We're coming, the train is loaded!

Louie13
12-04-2010, 12:25 PM

:clap: :) :clap:
Well, he called you out on the smack and you brought it! LOL:D :D

Keith7
12-04-2010, 12:27 PM
There's always a first. But, I haven't been off by far on any of the predictions this season. I picked 41-13 over Monahans. I picked Brownwood to beat Stephenville by more than 21 points and even Brownwood fans didn't believe me. I call it like I see it, not just on heart! Lol http://martinmccurley.com/poker/coolrunstory.jpg

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 12:28 PM
:thumbsup: I've actually had some entertaining times over there. And I will say that (in 2007) the Carthage folks may have talked a bunch of smack before we played them, but every one of them came back after the game with their congrats. They were also our biggest cheerleaders before our game with Gilmer. :)

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Louie13

Class? He wants class and smack talk to flow in harmony? Hey, txbroadcaster, lay off. All I did was hopefully get them out of their coffee shop. That is all that site is and you know it.

:rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I sometimes think some posters forget what the purpose of this game of High School football is really all about, but they think its pro sports or a soccer match where towns actually go to fistacuffs over a match.

Bullbatt
I don't get how these Brownwood people can me so cocky and yet blind to the truth.

YOU ARE NOT THAT GOOD!!!

This reminds me of a few years ago when Hawaii was whoopin but in the WAC then gets a bid to go to play Florida in the Sugar Bowl only to lose by 40 points.

For the life of me, I can't fathom how so many woodies think they are going into Fridays game and walk away with a win.

Lets run down a quick checklist and see who REALLY is better:

Speed: Advantage Carthage
Experience: Advantage Carthage
Heart: Advantage Carthage
Strength of Schedule: Advantage Carthage
Coaching: Advantage Carthage

Do you guys see a trend here? From top to bottom Carthage is better. I'm sorry you guys got your hopes up from playing in the weakest region in all of Texas High School football. Better luck next year!

oh wait, it's this year or bust for you guys huh?

The pot calling the kettle black. What do you KNOW about Brownwood. Your checklist is just your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm not saying that I think Brownwood is gonna whip Carthage. No matter the outcome, Carthage will know for sure they have been in a game. I hope that Carthage does think Brownwwod is a joke, but I bet they have more respect for their opponent than you are showing or at least they better.

Keith7
Originally posted by Louie13

Yea the rocker brought it alright.. he brought a racist tirade that disrespected mentally handicapped people and represented the sad sad views that come from the woodies.. way to go rocker!!!:doh:

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Which part? Have u read the disrespect over there for anything that isn't East Texas? Give me a break.

andf THAT is an east texas board so it is a bunch of East Texans...And I have many times on here talked about the tiresome trash talking on Smoaky and how that site has gone down since the better days of that site back in 03-05

But saying all that..if you go have fun and keep it light hearted trash talk..if Bwood wins that board will be the first to talk about how great Bwood was and welcome you back.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Yea the rocker brought it alright.. he brought a racist tirade that disrespected mentally handicapped people and represented the sad sad views that come from the woodies.. way to go rocker!!!:doh:

Not so sure about the "racist" charge...

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Class? He wants class and smack talk to flow in harmony? Hey, txbroadcaster, lay off. All I did was hopefully get them out of their coffee shop. That is all that site is and you know it.

:rolleyes:

sorry but calling people mental invalids is classless IMO simple as that

and yes trash talking and class can be done at the same time

#1 TEXAN
12-04-2010, 12:34 PM

Come back next week and tell us this you dont even know what you are getting into with the lions.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Bullbatt
The pot calling the kettle black. What do you KNOW about Brownwood. Your checklist is just your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm not saying that I think Brownwood is gonna whip Carthage. No matter the outcome, Carthage will know for sure they have been in a game. I hope that Carthage does think Brownwwod is a joke, but I bet they have more respect for their opponent than you are showing or at least they better.

I'm sure Carthage does have a certain amount of respect for the brown woodies but I don't. They just aren't that good. From what I've seen, they are undisciplined (the players run the team), they are disrespectful (the players and band show up other teams' bands), they are overrated (they play in the weakest region of all of Texas High School Football) and they think they have already won it. So NO I don't have any respect and I'm going to laugh all night long next Friday night when they lose by 21.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:37 PM
andf THAT is an east texas board so it is a bunch of East Texans...And I have many times on here talked about the tiresome trash talking on Smoaky and how that site has gone down since the better days of that site back in 03-05

But saying all that..if you go have fun and keep it light hearted trash talk..if Bwood wins that board will be the first to talk about how great Bwood was and welcome you back.

I will take all of this to heart... But you also need to know that I was talking about people I don't even know. Lol

We respect Carthage, but I believe in our system. You can plug whatever opponent you want into it. We have yet to see a team take us 4 Qtrs. Or heck, even 3.

It will take a perfect game to beat us.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:40 PM

Did I say they were mentally handicapped? No. I meant they couldn't think straight. And I by no means was racist.

When you gonna acknowledge the fact that Brownwood's offense is good? After we break the season points scored record all time in Texas High School Football?

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I will take all of this to heart... But you also need to know that I was talking about people I don't even know. Lol

We respect Carthage, but I believe in our system. You can plug whatever opponent you want into it. We have yet to see a team take us 4 Qtrs. Or heck, even 3.

It will take a perfect game to beat us.

and it will take a perfect game for Bwood to beat Carthage..so as with any big match up the game will be decided by who makes the most mistakes, not who makes the big plays.

Bullbatt
12-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm sure Carthage does have a certain amount of respect for the brown woodies but I don't. They just aren't that good. From what I've seen, they are undisciplined (the players run the team), they are disrespectful (the players and band show up other teams' bands), they are overrated (they play in the weakest region of all of Texas High School Football) and they think they have already won it. So NO I don't have any respect and I'm going to laugh all night long next Friday night when they lose by 21.
Like I thought, boy are you ganna be in for a shock. There may be people on this board that post the way you describe the Brownwood team, but you have no idea what you are talking about. I have been to every Brownwood game this season and have seen none of what you describe.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:44 PM
sorry but calling people mental invalids is classless IMO simple as that

and yes trash talking and class can be done at the same time

I apologize for using the term "mental invalid".

Probably a little too harsh. I was just trying to call them stupid in a different way and you people took it as retarded. Not what I meant to say...

HeavyD
12-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what offense does Carthage run? And how do they use it? "Heavy on run/set up pass" or "pass to set up run" or "quick striking" or what. Haven't seen them and was just curious. I have heard thier QB was a stud!

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 12:45 PM
you people took it as retarded. Not what I meant to say...

What do you mean YOU PEOPLE! :D :D

DaHop72
12-04-2010, 12:47 PM

We respect Carthage, but I believe in our system. :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what offense does Carthage run? And how do they use it? "Heavy on run/set up pass" or "pass to set up run" or "quick stricking" or what. Haven't seen them and was just curious. I have heard thier QB was a stud!

Spread/multiple formation...They actually can do both.as far as run setting up pass or vice versa .all depends on the D will give them..Morgan is a great QB..still throws the best deep ball Grant and I have seen all year.

Their RB Holland is good, not great but finds the gaps and always seems to fall forward

Their WRs are fast and tall..great athleticism especially when Pope pops in from the defensive side to take snaps

Their OL is not as OMG powerful as the last two years, but are damn good and can wear you out

IMO Carthage gets in trouble when they try to get "cute" on offense like they did agianst Madison in the first half. They are better off sticking with their strengths

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:50 PM
and it will take a perfect game for Bwood to beat Carthage..so as with any big match up the game will be decided by who makes the most mistakes, not who makes the big plays.

Brownwood 2010 is ready. There are so many ways to bait teams with speed and I have no doubt our coaches will have our boys ready.

I respect Carthage! They are winners. No doubt. I just can't wait to see how disciplined they are. How good do they play when things don't go their way.

Speed gets tired, too... ;)

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey TXB...

I want your opinion on matchups...

How do these 2 teams matchup? An unbiased view, unlike Keith7 (7 is his IQ) gave.

lakrfool
12-04-2010, 12:54 PM
I find this "Keith7" fellow highly entertaining. It appears that the Brownwood Lions team bus might have run over his dog at some point.

Keep it up Barney....I'm cracking up over here in Region I.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Brownwood 2010 is ready. There are so many ways to bait teams with speed and I have no doubt our coaches will have our boys ready.

I respect Carthage! They are winners. No doubt. I just can't wait to see how disciplined they are. How good do they play when things don't go their way.

I think the last two state titles and close games with the likes of Gilmer, Graham, Celina, Henderson and yes even the two losses shows that Carthage responds very well when things dont go their way

LIONS#1
12-04-2010, 12:55 PM
They're not opinions bub. They are facts. It's time to set some people straight around here and there's a new sheriff in town.

Douchebaggery at it's finest!!^^^^^

Rocket
12-04-2010, 12:58 PM

Hey Keith, what would Carthage do in Region 1? If they played the same schedule as Brownwood?

They would probably be 14-0 but would they be knocking on the season points scored record? Nope. Brownwood has performed like a good team should. Either way, you haven't established yourself as any authority on anything football related and you are just a BIG hater.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I think the last two state titles and close games with the likes of Gilmer, Graham, Celina, Henderson and yes even the two losses shows that Carthage responds very well when things dont go their way

2010 Carthage...? Good cuz I can't wait to finally see a good game. Hopefully Carthage doesn't believe all the East Texas homer stupidity that their fans do. LOL.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Hey TXB...

I want your opinion on matchups...

How do these 2 teams matchup? An unbiased view, unlike Keith7 (7 is his IQ) gave.

Not made a decision yet on who I think wins yet...as far as match ups..It is strength agianst strength IMO as far Bwood Passing game vs Carthage Passing D...Pope for Carthage is one of the best pure Safties I have seen in a long time.

Run game of Bwood..vs Run D of Carthage is again real close..Kendall Thompson the Carthage LB is a true No Bull Blue chip stud..and how they use him in the system is smart allows him to roam the field

Carthage Run game vs Bwood Run D...Carthage is stubborn and will always run even if down 14-0 or gaining only 2 yds per carry..I do think they can and will wear down Bwoods smallish front

Carthage Pass vs Bwood Pass D..this match up might decide the game...Carthage loves the play action..if the run game sets it up, the Bwood LB and safties better not take the false step...Carthage off the play action run two level routes..one going deep one sitting over the middle..When Morgan is making the right decision they are hard to stop..but sometimes he tries for the deep pass when it is not there...his scramble ability is alot like Brown, VERY underrated. they wont rush for 250, but both QBs can make big conversions on 3rd and 6 type plays with their feet

If Bwood forces Thompson to spy on Brown that helps them because he is at best when he can play sideline to sideline.

So after all that my prediction is......Find out on the show this week ;)

91 lion
12-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey Keith, what would Carthage do in Region 1? If they played the same schedule as Brownwood?

They would probably be 14-0 but would they be knocking on the season points scored record? Nope. Brownwood has performed like a good team should. Either way, you haven't established yourself as any authority on anything football related and you are just a BIG hater.

........yep....he didnt just drink the haterade, good ol Keith has jumped into the hater pool, head first.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
Douchebaggery at it's finest!!^^^^^

Keith7 missed the lessons about the difference in fact and opinion. I guess we should be happy for him if he can tie his own shoes and go outside without wearing a helmet. Have you seen his baseball?

LIONS#1
12-04-2010, 01:13 PM
The guy reminds me of the south end of a north bound jackarse just not as smart...:D

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:13 PM
All in all, it should be a fun game. Thanks, txb, for the unbiased breakdown. And I will look forward to the show... Although, I have a strong feeling you will pick Carthage. Either way, you have at least seen both teams play and I respect your opinion on a certain level.

That is what's crazy about being this deep in the playoffs and Texas being so big. We have no common opponents. I do think we can look at 2009 Carthage-Graham and see some interesting angles and make some comparisons.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Keith7 missed the lessons about the difference in fact and opinion. I guess we should be happy for him if he can tie his own shoes and go outside without wearing a helmet. Have you seen his baseball?

How Rocker comes up with his posts step by step:

1. Think of a clever response
2. Can't think of one so call them mentally handicapped
3. repeat steps 1 and 2 over and over again.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 01:15 PM

What do the woodies have to do to reach your precious scoring record?

I hope you get there this game because it will be your last and that way you have something you can hang your hat on. Congrats!

Remember, offense wins games but defense wins championships.

Defensive advantage: CARTHAGE

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 01:16 PM
All in all, it should be a fun game. Thanks, txb, for the unbiased breakdown. And I will look forward to the show... Although, I have a strong feeling you will pick Carthage. Either way, you have at least seen both teams play and I respect your opinion on a certain level.

That is what's crazy about being this deep in the playoffs and Texas being so big. We have no common opponents. I do think we can look at 2009 Carthage-Graham and see some interesting angles and make some comparisons.

Actually if I was leaning a way it is to Bwood, I said for 13 weeks they will win state

But I think this will be their biggest test overall

bwdlionfan
12-04-2010, 01:27 PM
An interesting stat is that Argyle had 28 rushes for 227 yards against Carthage... over 8 yards per rush. Argyle was only 8-24 passing but had 148 yards on those 8 completions.

http://pineywoodssports.com/football/002074-fb-dawgs-maul-argyle-44-27

buckeyebob
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM

Discipline is not an issue with Carthage...love 'em or hate 'em, they will smash yo' mouth on the way down the field...to your face, not from behind...will be there to support the Bulldogs of District 16.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
An interesting stat is that Argyle had 28 rushes for 227 yards against Carthage... over 8 yards per rush. Argyle was only 8-24 passing but had 148 yards on those 8 completions.

http://pineywoodssports.com/football/002074-fb-dawgs-maul-argyle-44-27

So you're telling me Carthage can defend the pass!?!? :eek:

Brownwood is in big trouble :clap:

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:33 PM
What do the woodies have to do to reach your precious scoring record?

I hope you get there this game because it will be your last and that way you have something you can hang your hat on. Congrats!

Remember, offense wins games but defense wins championships.

Defensive advantage: CARTHAGE

Our defensive stats are very impressive. I will post them this week when they are updated. Carthage will have a hard time with our system. They will be huffing and puffing by halftime, especially if they score quickly. There are so many factors to our system. You shall see and believe soon...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:34 PM
How Rocker comes up with his posts step by step:

1. Think of a clever response
2. Can't think of one so call them mentally handicapped
3. repeat steps 1 and 2 over and over again.

You aren't capable of matching wits with anybody, so I don't try and beat you, I just call it like I see it.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 01:36 PM
This Carthage bunch is a different bunch from when LH played them. But, I know this... if you ask any of our players during the entire streak what team hit you the hardest they'll say Carthage every single time. All week long Carthage posters warned us, and we shrugged it off. Then we got there, and was like "damn, they aint lying" lol

I'd expect some serious, serious hits, specially if Brownwood keeps running all those tunnel screens. That MLB is liable to decapitate some poor WR for Brownwood.

Even if Carthages offensive line is down in size from last year, that means they are still massive. Brownwoods front 4 on defense is definitely undersized, that'll be the biggest matchup to watch in my opinion.

I'm really pissed this game isn't saturday. I have 2 finals friday and 2 finals saturday... So I won't be making this one:mad:

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Discipline is not an issue with Carthage...love 'em or hate 'em, they will smash yo' mouth on the way down the field...to your face, not from behind...will be there to support the Bulldogs of District 16.

Ask Monahans how hard they got their mouth smashed last week. It wasn't pretty at all. Nope, not at all.

95mustang

Orange Machine, I can respect your opinion as you have seen Brownwood, Argyle, and Carthage. It is unbased also. However now after saying that, I believe in the Brownwood Lions and until proven different I believe Brownwood is the better team. I appreciate your thoughts, it is good to get opinions from someone who has seen all 3 play. Not everyone can say that.

wimbo_pro
Hey Txbroadcaster....would love to hear your breakdown of the Wimberley/Coldspring game on our thread...if one is created now!!! Pop on over and lets hear it!

Daddy D 11
Our defensive stats are very impressive. I will post them this week when they are updated. Carthage will have a hard time with our system. They will be huffing and puffing by halftime, especially if they score quickly. There are so many factors to our system. You shall see and believe soon...

What are the factors to the system?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Keep doubting this Brownwood defense. We have heard it all season long. It really pisses them off to be disrespected...

buckeyebob
12-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Not made a decision yet on who I think wins yet...as far as match ups..It is strength agianst strength IMO as far Bwood Passing game vs Carthage Passing D...Pope for Carthage is one of the best pure Safties I have seen in a long time.

Run game of Bwood..vs Run D of Carthage is again real close..Kendall Thompson the Carthage LB is a true No Bull Blue chip stud..and how they use him in the system is smart allows him to roam the field

Carthage Run game vs Bwood Run D...Carthage is stubborn and will always run even if down 14-0 or gaining only 2 yds per carry..I do think they can and will wear down Bwoods smallish front

Carthage Pass vs Bwood Pass D..this match up might decide the game...Carthage loves the play action..if the run game sets it up, the Bwood LB and safties better not take the false step...Carthage off the play action run two level routes..one going deep one sitting over the middle..When Morgan is making the right decision they are hard to stop..but sometimes he tries for the deep pass when it is not there...his scramble ability is alot like Brown, VERY underrated. they wont rush for 250, but both QBs can make big conversions on 3rd and 6 type plays with their feet

If Bwood forces Thompson to spy on Brown that helps them because he is at best when he can play sideline to sideline.

So after all that my prediction is......Find out on the show this week ;)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/nothingtoadd.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
I know nothing about Bwood accept what I hear from Rocket & Company.
You have the Bulldogs number here. I know Carthage & I know what they can & will do. The West will know in a week. District of Doom continues the march.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey Txbroadcaster....would love to hear your breakdown of the Wimberley/Coldspring game on our thread...if one is created now!!! Pop on over and lets hear it!

Oh shut up! If it is created? Hahaha nobody even cares... Lol

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/nothingtoadd.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
I know nothing about Bwood accept what I hear from Rocket & Company.
You have the Bulldogs number here. I know Carthage & I know what they can & will do. The West will know in a week. District of Doom continues the march.

Is that what y'all said to Graham last year? Lol and squeezed a 1 point win? Reality check coming soon for the East.

LIONS#1
12-04-2010, 01:43 PM
The Carthage Football Team and their REAL fans I will respect. I will NOT respect all these bandwagon, t-shirt, Brownwood hatin because their teams are a playin basketball so called fans that spew BS just to hear their head rattle. WE know that Carthage is a very fine ballclub. We also know that since we are playin in the semi-finals that Brownwood also belongs. WE will just have to find out who is the best come 10pm Friday night that is all.

That said...Brownwood by 21!!
:D

Keith7
12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
The biggest problem with Brownwood is that they are soft - way too finesse on defense. They will be pushed around all day long by Carthage and "the greatest offense of all time" won't even get many chances.

Maybe Kleenex should sponsor this game because the woodies will need something to wipe away their tears afterwords.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 01:47 PM
The biggest problem with Brownwood is that they are soft - way too finesse on defense. They will be pushed around all day long by Carthage and "the greatest offense of all time" won't even get many chances.

Maybe Kleenex should sponsor this game because the woodies will need something to wipe away their tears afterwords. http://BrownwoodLions.com/special/ignorant.jpg

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Oh shut up! If it is created? Hahaha nobody even cares... Lol

LOL...we preferit that way. Totally overlook us...thats the perfect way to have it! Anyways...I didnt want him to do it here...and good point...why is there no Sticky???

Keith7
12-04-2010, 01:51 PM
LOL...we preferit that way. Totally overlook us...thats the perfect way to have it! Anyways...I didnt want him to do it here...and good point...why is there no Sticky???

Why would they sticky the third place game?

MoveInDad
12-04-2010, 01:52 PM
http://BrownwoodLions.com/special/ignorant.jpg

:tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Why would they sticky the third place game?

OK...I WAS supporting you hammering the Lions...now you are just pissing me off. LOL

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 01:57 PM

I will later tonight after I get back from Tatum vs Yoe

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
:tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

Oh! I thought you had deleted your screenname and became Move Out Dad heading for Brownwood...

I almost asked if anybody had heard the Celina score last night, but remembered they hadn't played in 2 weeks... :eek:

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 02:05 PM
I have a bad feeling this thread is going to get ugly.

The Brownwood/Monahans thread was fun good natured smack talk...I don't get that vibe from this one.

Oh...and for the record.....I took "mental invalid" as another way of calling someone "stupid" myself!!

God....I hate all this PC CRAP!!!!:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Let's just try to keep Celina, Argyle, Monahans, Graham... Gilmer, whomever out of this one. Nothing is more annoying than a Celina-Brownwood pissing match.

When is Rocket going to post some video highlights and not these queer picture slideshows?? That is what I want to know.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 02:07 PM
So, we can just close this thread for the rest of the week! Sweeeeet!!!! :)

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Hey Rocket... I have one more post than you.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

I closed the Monahans/Brownwood thread last week for a few minutes, then my conscience got the better of me.

I doubt it will get the better of me this week!!

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I closed the Monahans/Brownwood thread last week for a few minutes, then my conscience got the better of me.

funny thing is..not alot of Carthage posters or still even East Texas ones..it is the fans living thru the hope Carthage beats Bwood and a few select posters who are not liked from Bwood lol

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 02:16 PM

I closed this one this morning early for a bit, but no one was awake to notice or care. :D ;)

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Personally, I would just like to have good football talk.

All the broad comments like speed and heart and we have a system and will win solely based on that are boring. Specifics people...

MoveInDad
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Oh! I thought you had deleted your screenname and became Move Out Dad heading for Brownwood...

I almost asked if anybody had heard the Celina score last night, but remembered they hadn't played in 2 weeks... :eek:
Man, I was just reminding you about posting the IGNORANT image... the mods warned us about that 2 weeks ago. But go ahead, please, as far as 3adownlow goes, I'd like nothing more than to see your account get suspended leading up to this game. Carry on...

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Man, I was just reminding you about posting the IGNORANT image... the mods warned us about that 2 weeks ago. But go ahead, please, as far as 3adownlow goes, I'd like nothing more than to see your account get suspended leading up to this game. Carry on...

I guess I missed that!

WARNING! The next IGNORANT graphic I see will get that person thread banned indefinitely!!!!

I tend to "scan" the post and have trained myself not to pay attention to pics too much!!! But I will watch closer!!

MoveInDad
12-04-2010, 02:28 PM
nm

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 02:30 PM
nm

Yeah...thats it... Push her buttons. Thats the ticket!

DaHop72
12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
nm Fine line between a hero and a coward.:D :D

bwdlionfan
12-04-2010, 02:33 PM
So you're telling me Carthage can defend the pass!?!? :eek:

Brownwood is in big trouble :clap:

I'm not telling you anything, fact is I wasn't talking to you at all. Being an alum from the same university, every time you type on here and show your lack of intelligence you make my degree less meaningful.

LIONS#1
12-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Why don't we have a thread where only Carthage and Brownwood fans post about our teams:crazy1:??

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
Why don't we have a thread where only Carthage and Brownwood fans post about our teams:crazy1:??

You will have to do that in PM's!!:D

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:37 PM

The Brownwood/Monahans thread was fun good natured smack talk...I don't get that vibe from this one.

Oh...and for the record.....I took "mental invalid" as another way of calling someone "stupid" myself!!

God....I hate all this PC CRAP!!!!:rolleyes:

Isn't it funny that somebody calls me out for having no class? ME? I hate the PC crap too... and I COULD CARE LESS...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:37 PM
nm

I stung ya...

hollywood
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Ignorant simply means lack of knowledge! And Keith7 is of both teams. It's quite simple actually.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM

Carry on I shall... see ya, non-factor...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I guess I missed that!

WARNING! The next IGNORANT graphic I see will get that person thread banned indefinitely!!!!

I tend to "scan" the post and have trained myself not to pay attention to pics too much!!! But I will watch closer!!

What's wrong with calling somebody ignorant if they truly are?

rb585
12-04-2010, 02:44 PM
CARTHAGE BY 40!!!

bwdlionfan
12-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by rb585
CARTHAGE BY 40!!!

Now that's dumb... anyone claiming either team to win by that margin is lacking some serious knowledge

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:48 PM
CARTHAGE BY 40!!!

LOL too funny....remember all this disrespect will carryover next week...but it won't matter. you have to play somebody good this week. Y'all are done.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm not telling you anything, fact is I wasn't talking to you at all. Being an alum from the same university, every time you type on here and show your lack of intelligence you make my degree less meaningful.

lol ouch

Old Cardinal
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I am pulling for Carthage to win this one. I like the Carthage folks style--the don't brag and brag or blabber and blabber!

The Carthage fans have won it twice in a row without boasting nearly at all--real poise and style.

I am pulling for Carthage; they represent a better Region, year in and year out, and have beat some really top 3A teams so far...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Personally, I would just like to have good football talk.

All the broad comments like speed and heart and we have a system and will win solely based on that are boring. Specifics people...

Call me and I will let ya know... I don't want to give any team any advantage. ;)

Too many things going on for a team to stop our offense for 4 Quarters.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I am pulling for Carthage to win this one. I like the Carthage folks style--the don't brag and brag or blabber and blabber!

The Carthage fans have won it twice in a row without boasting nearly at all--real poise and style.

I am pulling for Carthage; they represent a better Region, year in and year out, and have beat some really top 3A teams so far...

You haven't been reading the same Downlow I have... LOL You are way off.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 02:54 PM
LOL too funny....remember all this disrespect will carryover next week...but it won't matter. you have to play somebody good this week. Y'all are done.

LOL@Rocket talking about "disrespect". This thread is about YOUR game....try and stay focused.

Looking4number8
12-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I dont know how Carthage has been posting on their own threads because I tend to only read the ones that concern my Lions or teams I cheer for. With that said, go back and open some Brownwood threads and see how some of them have been jumping in for weeks telling us how bad we are, how we have played nobody, how much more talent they have.... and much other bosting. I will be waiting on your return so you can admit your were wrong. Either way, I dont blame Carthage for boasting, they have won two straight... thats sure something to boast about. Just making sure you realize Brownwoood fans are not the only ones that brags about the kids they love.

MoveInDad
12-04-2010, 02:58 PM
http://BrownwoodLions.com/special/ignorant.jpg
OK, there ya go, that's what I had posted earlier and then edited it to 'nm'...

rb585
12-04-2010, 03:02 PM
I guess I should be more specific... CARTHAGE BY 42!!!

Carthage 49
Brownwood 7

rb585
12-04-2010, 03:03 PM
LOL too funny....remember all this disrespect will carryover next week.

What I'm actually predicting is that Brownwood will beat Brownwood by 40!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 03:04 PM
You haven't been reading the same Downlow I have... LOL You are way off.

I dont know how Carthage has been posting on their own threads because I tend to only read the ones that concern my Lions or teams I cheer for. With that said, go back and open some Brownwood threads and see how some of them have been jumping in for weeks telling us how bad we are, how we have played nobody, how much more talent they have.... and much other bosting. I will be waiting on your return so you can admit your were wrong. Either way, I dont blame Carthage for boasting, they have won two straight... thats sure something to boast about. Just making sure you realize Brownwoood fans are not the only ones that brags about the kids they love.
There are TWO Carthage folks...oldtownag & Aunt_Ester. AE hasn't even posted since September. ;)

orange machine
12-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I hope I can make this game, it should be fun to watch one team Carthage big and fast vs Brownwoods finess score quick approach. Should be a hard fought game, but I think Carthage pulls away in the 4th. Argyle was the biggest team I had seen all year, but Carthage was just as big and they wore Argyle down I think Carthage will wear out the Brownwood defense Brownwood is just to small.

45 to 35 Carthage.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:07 PM
There are TWO Carthage folks...oldtownag & Aunt_Ester. AE hasn't even posted since September. ;)

UM NO.... cowboyforchrist has been a regular on Brownwood threads...and he is preaching the gospel of East Texas Speed. Too bad he is the David Koresh of the Downlow...

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 03:08 PM
UM NO.... cowboyforchrist has been a regular on Brownwood threads...and he is preaching the gospel of East Texas Speed. Too bad he is the David Koresh of the Downlow...

He is a Tatum guy

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I hope I can make this game, it should be fun to watch one team Carthage big and fast vs Brownwoods finess score quick approach. Should be a hard fought game, but I think Carthage pulls away in the 4th. Argyle was the biggest team I had seen all year, but Carthage was just as big and they wore Argyle down I think Carthage will wear out the Brownwood defense Brownwood is just to small.

45 to 35 Carthage.

Bro..Argyle was def not all that. The thing with size is that they get tired way before our defensive line does. I see a ton of holding penalties for Carthage. That is the only way they will stop our Defensive line...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:10 PM
He is a Tatum guy

Gotcha...either way...these East Texas people all jump on their East Texas bandwagons and support whoever. So it really doesn't matter where they are from as long as they are from East Texas. Brownwood is gonna shut them all up this Friday.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 03:10 PM
UM NO.... cowboyforchrist has been a regular on Brownwood threads...
And so has Daddy D and a whole bunch of other folks. Your point?

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Gotcha...either way...these East Texas people all jump on their East Texas bandwagons and support whoever. .

Is that such a bad thing?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:12 PM

My point is it doesn't matter if you are from Carthage, they all band together and talk noise FOR Carthage.

Daddy D can't be taken seriously. He jumps positions way too much for the sake of talking smack.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Is that such a bad thing?

Nope...just pisses this Brownwood team off even more. Come one and come all...talk your smack about how little and slow Brownwood is.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Nope...just pisses this Brownwood team off even more. Come one and come all...talk your smack about how little and slow Brownwood is.

hmm find me on quote where I talk smack

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 03:14 PM
My point is it doesn't matter if you are from Carthage, they all band together and talk noise FOR Carthage.

Daddy D can't be taken seriously.

But...you always say we shouldnt take YOU seriously. So...we should take you and Daddy D11 in the same way?

Looking4number8
12-04-2010, 03:14 PM

Honestly my point was the guy was calling out Brownwood people and saying ALLCarthage posters and Carthage supporters never "boasted". I was simply calling a spade a spade and defending my team and friends. I plan to continue that trend.

And I guess I could go a step further since Oldtowndawg is the only Carthage poster to say that Every Cathage poster is a boaster!

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
But...you always say we shouldnt take YOU seriously. So...we should take you and Daddy D11 in the same way?

Oh no, you can take my stance on the Lions and them beating the crap out of you very seriously. Daddy D picks a team for the week and talks smack to the team that is playing them. Not quite the same. Can't blame him though. LH has been at home for almost a month now...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:16 PM
hmm find me on quote where I talk smack

Not talking about you. You are a broadcaster. I wouldn't expect you to. Talking about all these other East Texas people.

orange machine
12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Bro..Argyle was def not all that. The thing with size is that they get tired way before the defensive line does. I see a ton of holding penalties for Carthage. That is the only way they will stop our Defensive line...
You arnt giving Argyle any credit they are a very good team and I said last week after Argyle beat Gilmer there was still no way Argyle would beat Brownwood, but that didn't make them bad they were very good, but Carthage is that much better. As far as Carthage line getting tired these are not big fat boys these are tall big big corn feed looking kids they are big and the line moves good. The Carthage qb is the absolute best game manager I've seen this year he is small like Graylon, but he can flat out pass and run. Morgan is a general on the field and he dissected the Argyle D changing plays at the line of scrimmage. The Carthage D is pretty good also especially at linebacker and in the secondary, the dline has good size as well. It should be a good game for sure, but They arnt gonna get tired like you think they will they have a complete team.

rb585
12-04-2010, 03:19 PM
My prediction:

Brownwood 7

Carthage 7
+
Brownwood beating Brownwood 42
=

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Honestly my point was the guy was calling out Brownwood people and saying ALLCarthage posters and Carthage supporters never "boasted". I was simply calling a spade a spade and defending my team and friends. I plan to continue that trend.

It gets more ridiculous by the minute, huh L48? LOL Even the mods try to check us up..

Brownwood vs. All of East Texas.
Like Rocky vs. Russia. Bring it...

I have a feeling Carthage will be chanting "BROWNWOOD, BROWNWOOD, BRROWNWOOD" by the end of the game..

"If I can change and you can change, then all of East Texas can change!"

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:20 PM
You arnt giving Argyle any credit they are a very good team and I said last week after Argyle beat Gilmer there was still no way Argyle would beat Brownwood, but that didn't make them bad they were very good, but Carthage is that much better. As far as Carthage line getting tired these are not big fat boys these are tall big big corn feed looking kids they are big and the line moves good. The Carthage qb is the absolute best game manager I've seen this year he is small like Graylon, but he can flat out pass and run. Morgan is a general on the field and he dissected the Argyle D changing plays at the line of scrimmage. The Carthage D is pretty good also especially at linebacker and in the secondary, the dline has good size as well. It should be a good game for sure, but They arnt gonna get tired like you think they will they have a complete team.

Argyle was good, not great. Great teams are still playing.

DaHop72
12-04-2010, 03:21 PM
It gets more ridiculous by the minute, huh L48? LOL Even the mods try to check us up..

Like Rocky vs. Russia. Bring it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Give me a break Rockee, you really believe it's Bwood vs the entire State of Texas.:nerd: :nerd:

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 03:21 PM

Like Rocky vs. Russia. Bring it...

Oh no..ur turning into a Celina fan..brag about the team beating everyone and then call yourself the underdog lol

BTW I bet there are more Bwood Posters on here than East Texas that post on on a regular basis

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:24 PM
My prediction:

Brownwood 7

Carthage 7
+
Brownwood beating Brownwood 42
=

My prediction... If Brownwood plays Wimberley, Wimberley will get their butt handed to them. It will erase last year's lucky win and put you in your place for good. Promise ya that. Now go play on your dead thread.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Give me a break Rockee, you really believe it's Bwood vs the entire State of Texas.:nerd: :nerd:

Nope, just Brownwood vs The Downlow.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 03:26 PM
My prediction... If Brownwood plays Wimberley, Wimberley will get their butt handed to them. It will erase last year's lucky win and put you in your place for good. Promise ya that. Now go play on your dead thread.

Well if Bwood does play and beat Wimberely it would be 1-1..so would not see how that puts them in their place

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh no..ur turning into a Celina fan..brag about the team beating everyone and then call yourself the underdog lol

BTW I bet there are more Bwood Posters on here than East Texas that post on on a regular basis

I will never call us the underdog. NEVER in 3A. LOL that is crazy talk. I am letting you know how most people on this board are looking at it. Or most that are posting.

I know, they are all on their little Smoaky Board patting each other's butt and talking about how great they are.. And how ridiculous it is that Brownwood wins this game.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Argyle was good, not great. Great teams are still playing.

Thank you Rocket!

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Well if Bwood does play and beat Wimberely it would be 1-1..so would not see how that puts them in their place

"Maybe you don't know what I am talking about now, but you will when it's over. Believe me, you will when it's over"

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Thank you Rocket!

You are welcome! ;) December football is fun! haha