PDA

View Full Version : 3A Division II State Semifinal: Brownwood (14-0) vs. Carthage (12-2)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
My prediction... If Brownwood plays Wimberley, Wimberley will get their butt handed to them. It will erase last year's lucky win and put you in your place for good. Promise ya that. Now go play on your dead thread.

Why would you even talk about a match that isnt even scheduled? Especially seeing that you have your hands full THIS week, as we do as well?

orange machine
12-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Argyle was good, not great. Great teams are still playing.
However you want to look at it is fine, but if Argyle and Brownwood played last night Argyle would have been the best team y'all had seen all year.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 03:30 PM
You are welcome! ;) December football is fun! haha

No Kidding. December football is INCREDIBLE. Glad to see you are able to witness it.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Why would you even talk about a match that isnt even scheduled? Especially seeing that you have your hands full THIS week, as we do as well?

Why are Wimberley fans talking smack about Brownwood? Be gone, wanna-bes...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:32 PM
No Kidding. December football is INCREDIBLE. Glad to see you are able to witness it.

We plan on witnessing a ton of it down here in 3A...;) We got a taste in 4A. Not near enough.

wimbo_pro
Why are Wimberley fans talking smack about Brownwood? Be gone, wanna-bes...

LOLOL...its a joke Rocket...he is being fecitious. Loosen up...its not a Wimberley thing...its a "mess with Rocket" thing.

Rocket
Originally posted by orange machine
However you want to look at it is fine, but if Argyle and Brownwood played last night Argyle would have been the best team y'all had seen all year.

LOL seriously doubt it....

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 03:33 PM
What's wrong with calling somebody ignorant if they truly are?

I think you say ignorant things all the time, but I don't think YOU are ignorant. (It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind though!):p

Simply put....and from Rule #3: Do not engage in name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable.

That's what is wrong with it!!

Rocket
LOLOL...its a joke Rocket...he is being fecitious. Loosen up...its not a Wimberley thing...its a "mess with Rocket" thing.

And who would I be if I didn't mess back?:cool:

orange machine
Who is better than Argyle on your schedule and don't say Stephenville?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think you say ignorant things all the time, but I don't think YOU are ignorant. (It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind though!):p

Simply put....and from Rule #3: Do not engage in name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable.

That's what is wrong with it!!

Ignorant is not derogatory! And yes I am ignorant to some degree! That is how I know when other people are ignorant!

OK, headache...

Rocket
Who is better than Argyle on your schedule and don't say Stephenville?

Who did Argyle beat that was good? Who did Argyle almost lose to? And don't say Lovejoy.

Stephenville would give Argyle all they wanted and beat them. Trust me. LOL We thrashed Stephenville so bad it got UGLY.

Txbroadcaster
And how ridiculous it is that Brownwood wins this game.

u mean like this:

look forward to this game it will be in my opinion one of the best if not the best of the year far as matchups go of course i am rooting for my dawgs and i will say good luck to brownwood you have my respect..

or this

Great post! Haven't seen Brownwood this year, but the fact that they are ranked #1 has to mean they are good.

Looks like both teams can score and score often. I would definitely give the running game edge to Carthage. Holland is outstanding, with speed, & is also tough enough to grind it up the middle. He is hard to bring down.

Defense will probably be the difference in this game. If Brownwood can't run the ball, they are in a hurt of trouble! Carthage can give up points and yardage, but makes big stops at big times. Teams don't realize how good the Carthage defense really is until after the game and they have lost. The Carthage defense shouldn't be underestimated. If Brownwood moves the ball down the field, but still doesn't come away with points, they will be in trouble.

Should be a great game....2 great teams!

WOW some real bad trash talk huh

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115851&st=0

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 03:36 PM
And who would I be if I didn't mess back?:cool:

I gotcha...but its not a Wimberley thing...its an RB585 thing. I (and other Wimberley fans) am not interested in taking sides in your match-up. We got our own game to worry about. You gotta go with the Lions in this one, but thats based on the year long ranking of #1. I dont know anything about Carthage except they have dominated the 3A world for a couple years. That should be feared to some degree.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Ignorant is not derogatory! And yes I am ignorant to some degree! That is how I know when other people are ignorant!

OK, headache...

Maybe that is an opinion, but if I call someone ignorant or stupid, it's meant to be derogatory!!

bwdlionfan
12-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
u mean like this:

look forward to this game it will be in my opinion one of the best if not the best of the year far as matchups go of course i am rooting for my dawgs and i will say good luck to brownwood you have my respect..

or this

Great post! Haven't seen Brownwood this year, but the fact that they are ranked #1 has to mean they are good.

Looks like both teams can score and score often. I would definitely give the running game edge to Carthage. Holland is outstanding, with speed, & is also tough enough to grind it up the middle. He is hard to bring down.

Defense will probably be the difference in this game. If Brownwood can't run the ball, they are in a hurt of trouble! Carthage can give up points and yardage, but makes big stops at big times. Teams don't realize how good the Carthage defense really is until after the game and they have lost. The Carthage defense shouldn't be underestimated. If Brownwood moves the ball down the field, but still doesn't come away with points, they will be in trouble.

Should be a great game....2 great teams!

WOW some real bad trash talk huh

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115851&st=0

That site looks like a lot better message board than this one.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
That site looks like a lot better message board than this one.

Don't let the door hit ya!!

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Maybe that is an opinion, but if I call someone ignorant or stupid, it's meant to be derogatory!!

LOL :inlove:

skins4life
12-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Man you gotta love that prison release program !!!:D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

DaHop72
12-04-2010, 03:42 PM
That site looks like a lot better message board than this one. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. Enjoy the boys from Smoaky, maybe they will appreciate your jibber.:wave: :wave:

91 lion
12-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I have a bad feeling this thread is going to get ugly.

The Brownwood/Monahans thread was fun good natured smack talk...I don't get that vibe from this one.

Oh...and for the record.....I took "mental invalid" as another way of calling someone "stupid" myself!!

God....I hate all this PC CRAP!!!!:rolleyes:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

rb585
12-04-2010, 03:47 PM
"Maybe you don't know what I am talking about now, but you will when it's over. Believe me, you will when it's over"

That's what you said last year, so even if you're right this year you'd only be 50% correct.

And last I checked, 50% is a failing grade.

orange machine
12-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Who did Argyle beat that was good? Who did Argyle almost lose to? And don't say Lovejoy.

Stephenville would give Argyle all they wanted and beat them. Trust me. LOL We thrashed Stephenville so bad it got UGLY.
Again I said Brownwood would beat Argyle, but they would still be the best team y'all have faced.

bwdlionfan
12-04-2010, 03:49 PM

Don't take offense; those two posts talk more about the game then this entire thread.

I'm sure that site has plenty of it's own dumb posters as well.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Don't take offense; those two posts talk more about the game then this entire thread.

So you read 2 posts and have already determined that is a better board??

We obviously have a different set of standards.

Bosqueville
12-04-2010, 03:54 PM
RM you seem a little on edge today??? :)

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by rb585
That's what you said last year, so even if you're right this year you'd only be 50% correct.

And last I checked, 50% is a failing grade.

We shall see...

Txbroadcaster

hey now..did u not see my breakdown of the game 5 pages back on here??

East Texas posters will trash talk each other more than they will outside region teams..UNLESS someone from that region comes in and starts throwing it( Celina fans did)..and even then it is always in fun and after the game they all come back and give respect.

Keith7

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
12-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Again I said Brownwood would beat Argyle, but they would still be the best team y'all have faced.

I would take Stephenville over Argyle. Sorry.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Rocket, I thought we were friends?

Keith7
12-04-2010, 03:59 PM
As much as I hate saying it, Argyle would beat Brownwood by 21

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
RM you seem a little on edge today??? :)

Not at all!

I would just never go to someone elses board and tell them I thought another one was better than theirs, I would just simply quit posting on what I thought was the "lesser board."

It's almost a slap in the face to us that try so hard to keep this board going.

I realize it's just a message board to a lot of people, but to some of us, it's home and family and good friends. So...you will have to excuse me if I seem a little over-protective about it.

BwdLions
12-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Here's a little advice for the Brownwood faithful.
1. Don't waste your time this week. We're playing an EastTexas team, so the conversation this week will be ridiculous. Wait and come back next week.
2. Keith7 is a *********. He's the only person I have on ignore. Ignore him and you'll enjoy the DownLow much more. In fact, I recommend that for everyone.

bwdlionfan
12-04-2010, 04:04 PM
I would just never go to someone elses board and tell them I thought another one was better than theirs, I would just simply quit posting on what I thought was the "lesser board."

You act as if I just showed up here yesterday. I've never even been on Smoaky. I was stating that those two posts talk more football than the majority of this thread

Maybe you should be on TXBroadcaster's case for pointing out that they have classy, valuable posts.

It's almost a slap in the face to us that try so hard to keep this board going.

If I weren't so far from Midland I'd bring you a tissue.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
1. Don't waste your time this week. We're playing an EastTexas team, so the conversation this week will be ridiculous. Wait and come back next week.
2. Keith7 is a *********. He's the only person I have on ignore. Ignore him and you'll enjoy the DownLow much more. In fact, I recommend that for everyone.

I bet you still read my posts anyways huh?? :clap:

Txbroadcaster
Originally posted by BwdLions

Why?..I keep hearing this..but honestly..how many East Texas people post here on a daily basis? Will some come this way now, yes but not alot..Some folks are acting like this board is just covered in East Texas posters when it is still the least repped region on the board and for the MOST PART the East Texans on here are pretty cool and get along with everyone

LH Panther Mom
My point is it doesn't matter if you are from Carthage, they all band together and talk noise FOR Carthage.
And lots of the West (of I-35) Texas folks jumped on the Brownwood bandwagon and are talking noise FOR you. You can't have it both ways. :doh:

BaseballUmp
12-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Is it really necessary to have nearly 300 posts less than a day after the previous game??? lol

Keith7
12-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And lots of the West (of I-35) Texas folks jumped on the Brownwood bandwagon and are talking noise FOR you. You can't have it both ways. :doh:

Ssshhhh LHPM! Don't say that! The "us against the world" thing they have going is the only thing they have right now because they know their team will be outmatched.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Football people... football!

Let's talk that.

I know earlier Rocket said he thinks the big line for carthage will get tired and resort to holding the quicker brownwood defensive line... what do you say to the idea that maybe they'll just run over y'alls defensive line the entire game? Hard to have holding penalties if they're just pushing you guys around all game and pounding it down your throats? If Carthage wants to pass block a ton, maybe they'll get tired... but if the running game is there for the Dawgs, your undersized line is **** out of luck. That quick and undersized defensive line is only a plus when they can pin their ears back and get after a pash rush.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Ssshhhh LHPM! Don't say that! The "us against the world" thing they have going is the only thing they have right now because they know their team will be outmatched.
:doh: :doh: :doh: Oh, silly me! ;)

hollywood
12-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I hope I can make this game, it should be fun to watch one team Carthage big and fast vs Brownwoods finess score quick approach. Should be a hard fought game, but I think Carthage pulls away in the 4th. Argyle was the biggest team I had seen all year, but Carthage was just as big and they wore Argyle down I think Carthage will wear out the Brownwood defense Brownwood is just to small.

45 to 35 Carthage.

I know you favor size. But size doesn't always matter bubba! It's strength per pound!

orange machine
12-04-2010, 04:12 PM
I would take Stephenville over Argyle. Sorry.
I'll say this Argyle Stephenville would be a good game toss up in my mind, but I would say Argyle.

hollywood
12-04-2010, 04:13 PM

And OM is the guy who thought Celina was the top team in the state! lol

HeavyD
12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I'll say this Argyle Stephenville would be a good game toss up in my mind, but I would say Argyle.

So ur saying that Aledo/Argyle would be a very close game?

trojandad
12-04-2010, 04:15 PM
i don't have a clue who wins this......just hope the best team wins.....

hollywood
12-04-2010, 04:16 PM

Could Argyle hang with Aledo?

orange machine
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Let's talk that.

I know earlier Rocket said he thinks the big line for carthage will get tired and resort to holding the quicker brownwood defensive line... what do you say to the idea that maybe they'll just run over y'alls defensive line the entire game? Hard to have holding penalties if they're just pushing you guys around all game and pounding it down your throats? If Carthage wants to pass block a ton, maybe they'll get tired... but if the running game is there for the Dawgs, your undersized line is **** out of luck. That quick and undersized defensive line is only a plus when they can pin their ears back and get after a pash rush.
That's a good post Argyle had a big D line and Carthage was pushing them backwards I just don't see Brownwood matching up good with Carthage. This I do know Graylon will be scrambling around more because of the speed of Carthage.

Looking4number8
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
I know you favor size. But size doesn't always matter bubba! It's strength per pound!

I cant tell you how many time and how many ex-wifes I have said that very thing to, except it was baby, not bubba!

Go Lions!!

orange machine
12-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Could Argyle hang with Aledo?
They could hang they wouldn't win however.

Bosqueville
12-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I cant tell you how many time and how many ex-wifes I have said that very thing to, except it was baby, not bubba!

Go Lions!!

LOL!!!

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 04:20 PM
From what TXB said, if Carthage really does have one of the best pure safeties in the state.. it'll be interesting to see what he does with Shipley. All year the Brownwood faithful has said if you key on Jaxson someone else will hurt you. Those are WR's might get their chance to really prove it this week?

orange machine
12-04-2010, 04:20 PM
And OM is the guy who thought Celina was the top team in the state! lol
Don't bring Celina in this and don't get personal just because I think Carthage wins stay on topic this is Carthage Brownwood. I have seen both teams play plus Argyle and I think Carthage is the more complete team that's an unbiased opinion.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Don't bring Crlina in this and don't get personal just because I think Carthage wins stay on topic this is Carthage Brownwood. I have seen both teams play plus Argyle and I think Carthage is the more complete team that's an unbiased opinion.

That might be the #1 problem for all Brownwood posters: When another towns poster that is outside the matchup says something about the game, it is instantly ignored/blasted and that teams win-loss record is thrown in their face and they're told to leave. I didn't see OM say that Celina is better? He just made a couple points.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 04:23 PM
You act as if I just showed up here yesterday. I've never even been on Smoaky. I was stating that those two posts talk more football than the majority of this thread

Maybe you should be on TXBroadcaster's case for pointing out that they have classy, valuable posts.

If I weren't so far from Midland I'd bring you a tissue.

What you STATED was that smoaky looks like a better message board than this one. I defended this board...oh well!!

They do have good posts on there....I have been a member of that forum for years!!

As far as as your "tissue" statement...it's not even worthy of a response!:rolleyes:

BaseballUmp
12-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Go Lions!!

I too had something witty to say about this but couldn't figure out a way to properly word it and wasn't sure that a simple "That's what she said" would suffice haha

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 04:25 PM

Go Lions!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

HeavyD
12-04-2010, 04:25 PM
They could hang they wouldn't win however.

So the outcome would be about like Stephenville/Aledo?

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I have never seen Carthage play....but every time I see that word, "carnage" comes to mind.

That being said, I am still supporting the Region I team....GO BROWNWOOD!

orange machine
12-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
So the outcome would be about like Stephenville/Aledo?
I don't know what the outcome would be I was asked if Argyle could hang with Aledo and I say yes they could hang, but I'm not a fool I don't believe Argyle could beat them and Aledo would probably pull away, but I don't believe Aledo would destroy them.

HeavyD
12-04-2010, 04:37 PM
I don't know what the outcome would be I was asked if Argyle could hang with Aledo and I say yes they could hang, but I'm not a fool I don't believe Argyle could beat them and Aledo would probably pull away, but I don't believe Aledo would destroy them.

Since you've seen them, where would you slide Carthage in at on this discussion. Maybe good enough to be able to win it all in 4a this yr?

orange machine
12-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I think Carthage could play and hang with the best in 4a I don't think they would win it all, but I would say that Carthage could play with the top 5 in 4a I also think Brownwood could also, but I think Carthage is just better all the way around.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Carthage's issue would be the same for Bwood, Chapel Hill, Gilmer, Argyle and any other talented 3A team..11 for 11 and 22 for 22 they could compete with top 4A teams..problem would come that the top 4A teams 23-30th players most likely would be better..and the 30-40th would almost 100% be better

Rocket
12-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Rocket, I thought we were friends?

We are friends! Just pointing out our differences.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 04:50 PM
As much as I hate saying it, Argyle would beat Brownwood by 21

Now you are just being silly.

BLACK ATTACK
12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Doesn't really matter about Stephenville/Argyle or Aledo/Argyle. Those games will never happen first of all, and second of all they are not relevant to anything. Argyle is done, pure and simple. No excuses, simply beat down. We could have played a lot better, but I don't use those kinds of things for excuses. If you lose, you lose.
What I do know is this. I have seen Brownwood twice, and Carthage once. Carthage will beat Brownwood, no doubt. There will be another 200 pages of thread telling us why they won't, but Carthage will win this game.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 04:53 PM

Let's talk that.

We have seen a good, big, strong O-line in Stephenville. They said the same exact thing. IT DID NOT HAPPEN. Our Defensive line is as scrappy as they come.

The 21 Point Black Hole plays no favorites...

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 04:54 PM
We have seen a good strong line in Stephenville. They said the same exact thing. IT DID NOT HAPPEN. Our Defensive line is as scrappy as they come.

Carthage line is better overall imo

Keith7
12-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Doesn't really matter about Stephenville/Argyle or Aledo/Argyle. Those games will never happen first of all, and second of all they are not relevant to anything. Argyle is done, pure and simple. No excuses, simply beat down. We could have played a lot better, but I don't use those kinds of things for excuses. If you lose, you lose.
What I do know is this. I have seen Brownwood twice, and Carthage once. Carthage will beat Brownwood, no doubt. There will be another 200 pages of thread telling us why they won't, but Carthage will win this game.

Preach it brother!

Rocket
12-04-2010, 04:56 PM

All will be revealed in time... our offense is better all around than Carthage's. IMO

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 04:56 PM

+1

they've got some kind of program going on in carthage to have replaced the guys they did and still be strong on both lines. Nobody is saying Brownwood isnt the favored team. What we are saying is this will be a lot different than their schedule so far

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 04:57 PM
All will be revealed in time... our offense is better all around than Carthage's. IMO

hmm better...not sure..they scheme different things and both have a ton of success doing what they need to.

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 04:57 PM

i think your offense is better. But it hasnt face the toughest defensive competition

hollywood
12-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Don't bring Celina in this and don't get personal just because I think Carthage wins stay on topic this is Carthage Brownwood. I have seen both teams play plus Argyle and I think Carthage is the more complete team that's an unbiased opinion.

Oh come on orange machine, losen up a little. Just having some friendly banter. We are all entitled to our opinions and that's about it. It doesn't matter if someone is a fan, a coach, or just a chest thumping player on here. :D

Your opinion is all just opinion. I know your favorite style of football is having big lineman that pound the D-line and watch an offense run the ball with physical strength. That is perfectly okay. I know a little football and I know that Carthage has a great team. Good size, good team speed, and good execution. If they do win, I'll know that Brownwood met their match and may have gotten beat by the better team that day. And at that, it would take an almost perfect mistake free game by them and Brownwood making a few huge mistakes themselves. I haven't watched Carthage live, but I've seen lots of clips and footage. They aren't Stephenville and they sure aren't Aledo or Lake Travis! Meaning, not on the same upper level. So to put it mildly, Carthage is the huge underdog. They will have to play above their abilities to beat Brownwood. ;)

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i think your offense is better. But it hasnt face the toughest defensive competition

Carthage has 2 decisions to make. Double Shipley, and let our other WR's kill you, or put Pope man up on him. The other decision is do we sell out to stop the pass, and let the run kill us or balance it out.

Carthage may score, but Brownwood WILL score. We aren't like Argyle. We don't peter out on drives. We find the endzone. At least 8 times a game. ;)

It doesn't matter who the defense is, it is fun watching them run around trying to cover our perfect routes and and dangerous weapons. FUNNY STUFF! Carthage's turn...

Shipley will school Pope if they go man up... just know that.

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:03 PM

Nope, it won't. I will ask you this. What if Brownwood does win. What will be your take on it Black Attack?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
+1

they've got some kind of program going on in carthage to have replaced the guys they did and still be strong on both lines. Nobody is saying Brownwood isnt the favored team. What we are saying is this will be a lot different than their schedule so far

Oh? You have seen Stephenville play? doubt it...

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Carthage has 2 decisions to make. Double Shipley, and let our other WR's kill you, or put Pope man up on him. The other decision is do we sell out to stop the pass, and let the run kill us or balance it out.

Carthage may score, but Brownwood WILL score. We aren't like Argyle. We don't peter out on drives. We find the endzone. At least 8 times a game. ;)

Carthage can do alot more than those two options( As any team can)..They can put someone over the top and bracket Shipley but the safety is also playing that half of the field..They can go cover 2( which they do at times and have a great coverage LB in Thompson)...they can go man to man with safties over top ..The can go true shell and try to keep everything in front..They can combo Man-zone

Thing is Carthage gets good pressure with the likes of Hall on the line...that might be where the game is decided...if Carthage gets a pass rush without sending Thompson which alows him to be in coverage more of if they are forced to blitz

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 05:06 PM

I did..and that Stephenville team that Bwood played at that point of the year is NOT as good as Carthage is right now..That Ville team had issues they were dealing with.

orange machine
12-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Good post Hollywood, but I disagree I think Carthage would take out Stephenville. It should be a great game either way and by the way Carthage is big and all, but they don't just run they pass alot and the oline is good a pass blocking I believe the Qb for Carthage has thrown for over 3,000 yards. Gonna be a good one, but Carthage by 10.

Rocket
Preach it brother!

haha That dude is no football expert and either are you, for that matter.

He watched that uneventful game with Borger and All Saints. Both of those games were dominated by Brownwood but no where near our best performances. Too bad Argyle was ALL hype.

Keith7

Have you seen Argyle or Carthage play?? Doubt it...:doh:

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I closed this one this morning early for a bit, but no one was awake to notice or care. :D ;)

Y'all are both just power tripping again! hahaha :D

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I did..and that Stephenville team that Bwood played at that point of the year is NOT as good as Carthage is right now..That Ville team had issues they were dealing with.

I am talking about Mr. Plus 1....

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Yup. Huge issues named Jaxon Shipley and Graylon Brown and the rest of the Brownwood Lions. The O-Line still didn't block Brownwood. That has nothing to do with the "issues" they were having.

BLACK ATTACK
12-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Nope, it won't. I will ask you this. What if Brownwood does win. What will be your take on it Black Attack?

That I was wrong,

Louie13
12-04-2010, 05:11 PM
What do the woodies have to do to reach your precious scoring record?

I hope you get there this game because it will be your last and that way you have something you can hang your hat on. Congrats!

Remember, offense wins games but defense wins championships.

Defensive advantage: CARTHAGE

We are so unworthy. I am surprised you would waste your time responding to us no-names.

Your avatar reminds me of a white dove - the symbol of peace. Come late Friday night, do you want your plate of crow to to be bleached white? :vrycnfsd: :1popcorn: :vrycnfsd:

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Have you seen Argyle or Carthage play?? Doubt it...:doh:

Brownwood will score. Often.

I can't help but think back to Carthage 14 Graham 13. All that East Texas speed and power and 14 whopping points?

BLACK ATTACK
Carthage will beat Brownwood. No doubt.

Rocket
That I was wrong,

Is your last name Sweat?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Carthage can do alot more than those two options( As any team can)..They can put someone over the top and bracket Shipley but the safety is also playing that half of the field..They can go cover 2( which they do at times and have a great coverage LB in Thompson)...they can go man to man with safties over top ..The can go true shell and try to keep everything in front..They can combo Man-zone

Thing is Carthage gets good pressure with the likes of Hall on the line...that might be where the game is decided...if Carthage gets a pass rush without sending Thompson which alows him to be in coverage more of if they are forced to blitz

Don't forget that Brownwood can run the freaking ball too... ;) And run it very well... This will be the deciding factor. Which way did he go? I can't wait until that LB gets stuck trying to cover Shipley...that will be laughable.

Argyle rolled up massive yards on Carthage. Brownwood will too...

charlesrixey
12-04-2010, 05:16 PM

I can't help but think back to Carthage 14 Graham 13. All that East Texas speed and power and 14 whopping points?

it was 13-12

that was the state title game. nothing matters in the title game but the W. Make it there for the first time since Reagan's first year and find out for yourself. I imagine Brownwood would take a 13-12 win for a title.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:18 PM
it was 13-12

that was the state title game. nothing matters in the title game but the W. Make it there for the first time since Reagan's first year and find out for yourself. I imagine Brownwood would take a 13-12 win for a title.

Just questioning all that speed talk and hype that is being spewed nonstop...If we were in 3A all this time we would have had many more state title chances...trust me. Quit talking about things you have no idea about, Captain 2A...

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:19 PM
From what TXB said, if Carthage really does have one of the best pure safeties in the state.. it'll be interesting to see what he does with Shipley. All year the Brownwood faithful has said if you key on Jaxson someone else will hurt you. Those are WR's might get their chance to really prove it this week?

I agree. This will be an eye opening experience for the defensive backfield of Carthage. Look for the Brownwood receivers to have a field day. Every team matches up differently. Argyles style didn't macth up so well. Brownwood's ability to hit completions every 2-3 seconds. That's all it takes. Carthage can blitz every down, it won't matter. Brown is not one of these quarterbacks who drops back, scrambles a few seconds and then chunks it down field. That's the beauty of this system. One thousand-one, one thousand-two, throw. All night long.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I agree. This will be an eye opening experience for the defensive backfield of Carthage. Look for the Brownwood receivers to have a field day. Every team matches up differently. Argyles style didn't macth up so well. Brownwood's ability to hit completions every 2-3 seconds. That's all it takes. Carthage can blitz every down, it won't matter. Brown is not one of these quarterbacks who drops back, scrambles a few seconds and then chunks it down field. That's the beauty of this system. One thousand-one, one thousand-two, throw. All night long.

It's of no use, hollywood... We are just doomed! DOOMED! Carthage is too much for the Brownwood Lions... sucks too...LOL

Louie13
12-04-2010, 05:23 PM
This Carthage bunch is a different bunch from when LH played them. But, I know this... if you ask any of our players during the entire streak what team hit you the hardest they'll say Carthage every single time. All week long Carthage posters warned us, and we shrugged it off. Then we got there, and was like "damn, they aint lying" lol

I'd expect some serious, serious hits, specially if Brownwood keeps running all those tunnel screens. That MLB is liable to decapitate some poor WR for Brownwood.

Even if Carthages offensive line is down in size from last year, that means they are still massive. Brownwoods front 4 on defense is definitely undersized, that'll be the biggest matchup to watch in my opinion.

I'm really pissed this game isn't saturday. I have 2 finals friday and 2 finals saturday... So I won't be making this one:mad:

Back in the day of a 1978 Brownwood state championship, Coach Wood liked to call his team members, " little nuggets". We've won before when you didn't have to weigh 275#. Somehow size didn't matter!! Make a joke out of that! LOL

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:24 PM

LOL. That's what Brownwood does to teams, makes them look like they were having issues. Good one Txbroadcaster, good one. :rolleyes: :p :D

Txbroadcaster
It's of no use, hollywood... We are just doomed! DOOMED! Carthage is too much for the Brownwood Lions... sucks too...LOL

Here goes the woe as us you like to do...u want to sprout what Bwood will do and how easy it will be..but then when others state why Bwood MIGHT struggle u go into this shell...What do you want people to say?

I know some on here are just spouting Bwood will lose with no reason..but others HAVE seen both and are saying this will be a close great game..yes some think Carthage will win..nothing wrong with that..so if ur going to Bwood Chest Thump..then others are going to "Carthage chest thump" because honestly this is the first TRUE test for Bwood this year

charlesrixey
Just questioning all that speed talk and hype that is being spewed nonstop...If we were in 3A all this time we would have had many more state title chances...trust me. Quit talking about things you have no idea about, Captain 2A...

lol

Celina moved up and went to three straight title games

Brownwood moved down and went 3-7 its first year. I didnt say anything about speed, i talked about defense. Quit talking about things you dont know anything about, like titles, 4A

lol:rolleyes:

Keith7
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM

Finally you see the light

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:26 PM
lol

Celina moved up and went to three straight title games

Brownwood moved down and went 3-7 its first year. I didnt say anything about speed, i talked about defense. Quit talking about things you dont know anything about, like titles, 4A

lol:rolleyes:

LOL Celina is finished...hope you enjoyed it.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 05:27 PM
LOL. That's what Brownwood does to teams, makes them look like they were having issues. Good one Txbroadcaster, good one. :rolleyes: :p :D

ur kidding right? Or do you not know what was happening at that point of the season for S-Ville

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Here goes the woe as us you like to do...u want to sprout what Bwood will do and how easy it will be..but then when others state why Bwood MIGHT struggle u go into this shell...What do you want people to say?

I know some on here are just spouting Bwood will lose with no reason..but others HAVE seen both and are saying this will be a close great game..yes some think Carthage will win..nothing wrong with that..so if ur going to Bwood Chest Thump..then others are going to "Carthage chest thump" because honestly this is the first TRUE test for Bwood this year

I know you know what you are talking about. You have seen both play. I get it. And I know you are being very objective. You have proven that.

I will always chest thump. I will always believe we are the best team in 3A. I will always believe we will win. ALWAYS. Until proven wrong. ;)

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:28 PM
ur kidding right? Or do you not know what was happening at that point of the season for S-Ville

Dude, we know. LOL But that had nothing to do with their O-Line blocking our D-Line...agreed?

gonktacular
12-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Here's what I think:

I haven't seen Carthage play. I have no doubt they're good. To still be in it at this level you have to be. I don't think this will be a blowout on either end, either.

But they said Stephenville was going to run all over our defense and their O-line was going to destroy us.

They said All Saints was the best private school program out there and that they had a shot of beating us on the big stage.

They said Snyder had a shot at knocking us off for the district championship.

They said Bridgeport had enough offensive weapons to outscore us.

They said Monahans had the best chance of any team to slow us down.

We all know how all of those things turned out.

So when folks say all this and whatnot about Carthage, well...I'm not inclined to believe it until I see it.

May the best team win, and I think that's Brownwood. :)

rb585
12-04-2010, 05:30 PM

This is the most relevant point in the thread.

Brownwood is going to score.

The key is whether Carthage can match serve against Brownood's defense.

I seriously think Carthage needs 40 to win. 40-38 or so if it happens.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 05:32 PM
I just don't see Brownwood scoring all that much. I'll be shocked if they even touch the endzone in the first half.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 05:34 PM
If Brownwood gets to 20, I will be amazed. Carthage is just too good on the defensive side of the ball.

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Dude, we know. LOL But that had nothing to do with their O-Line blocking our D-Line...agreed?

Well..As Grant said that week on the show...The Stephenville Oline was opening lanes up but the RB Myles was way to slow to get thru them and it was obvious his weight gain caused him to lose astep or two.

And the point was ..THAT Stephenville squad at that point of the season with Myles issue and all that surronding it is/was NOT as good as Carthage is right now( and same possibly can be said about Bwood and both points of season as well!)

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Good post Hollywood, but I disagree I think Carthage would take out Stephenville. It should be a great game either way and by the way Carthage is big and all, but they don't just run they pass alot and the oline is good a pass blocking I believe the Qb for Carthage has thrown for over 3,000 yards. Gonna be a good one, but Carthage by 10.

Fare enough OM.

IMO, I think it's going to hinge on Brownwood's D. Carthage is not going to stop Brownwood's offense. We may see things we haven't seen yet for Brownwood's D. Remember everyone, one of Brownwood's greatest strengths is it's coaching staff. It get's overshadowed every week. This is where the game is going to be won... which staff can out coach the other. My moneys on Brownwood's. Even though Carthage is the 2 time defending, everyone meets their superior sometime in life!:clap:

cowboyandchrist
12-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
1 Yes Region I is quite comical, especially with posting.
2. No, Brownwood has not played a bunch of nobodys(? grammar)
3. If they played Carthage's Schedule they would still be undefeated
4. Brownwood wins
I have tried to tell you 3A people for a month now the speed from the East is different from what you are use to. Look who is playing in the D1 state game, two from the East. Brownwood may or may not win this game, but predicting a blow out of East Texas speed is just plain stupid. Go Dogs. Carthage 42 Brownwood 41.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by gonktacular
Here's what I think:

I haven't seen Carthage play. I have no doubt they're good. To still be in it at this level you have to be. I don't think this will be a blowout on either end, either.

But they said Stephenville was going to run all over our defense and their O-line was going to destroy us.

They said All Saints was the best private school program out there and that they had a shot of beating us on the big stage.

You can add up all those teams playoff wins in the past 3 years and they might equal the wins carthage has in the playoffs since 2007.
You are dealing with a different animal.

All those teams you named are cupcakes except Stephenville. Carthage has accomplished twice what your kids have yet to even experience once, that plays a big factor.

People mention Carthages low output in the state game... you're right. But, they also held Graham to 12???? People will say Graham is no Brownwood, but Graham was putting up similar numbers like Brownwood all year until Carthage.

Game is definitely a toss up.

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:37 PM
That I was wrong,

... and Brownwood was the better team?

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Fare enough OM.

IMO, I think it's going to hinge on Brownwood's D. Carthage is not going to stop Brownwood's offense. We may see things we haven't seen yet for Brownwood's D. Remember everyone, one of Brownwood's greatest strengths is it's coaching staff. It get's overshadowed every week. This is where the game is going to be won... which staff can out coach the other. My moneys on Brownwood's. Even though Carthage is the 2 time defending, everyone meets their superior sometime in life!:clap:

I would be a little worried though.... Shipley has proved more than once he can't win big games.

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:40 PM

LOL, I know. "It's going to be 7 on 7 exteravaganza!!!" Words of the famous 262wu2!

Keith7
12-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I would be a little worried though.... Shipley has proved more than once he can't win big games.

This is true! Just ask '02 Everman or '03 Gainesville.. He could be coaching the Oregon Ducks against the Sisters of the Poor but if it's in a meaningful game he'll lose everytime.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Well..As Grant said that week on the show...The Stephenville Oline was opening lanes up but the RB Myles was way to slow to get thru them and it was obvious his weight gain caused him to lose astep or two.

And the point was ..THAT Stephenville squad at that point of the season with Myles issue and all that surronding it is/was NOT as good as Carthage is right now( and same possibly can be said about Bwood and both points of season as well!)

I remember that Sville QB running like Hell most of the second half...ask Grant if he remembers that...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:44 PM

Shipley's OC has 4 rings... the one in burnet had none. ;)

What else ya got , big boy?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
This is true! Just ask '02 Everman or '03 Gainesville.. He could be coaching the Oregon Ducks against the Sisters of the Poor but if it's in a meaningful game he'll lose everytime.

You should know lots about losing.... I won't call you a loser though.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Shipley's OC has 4 rings... the one in burnet had none. ;)

What else ya got , big boy?

Oh the OC is calling the shots? I guess you are saying Shipley is overrated?

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:47 PM

Txbroadcaster, I know more than you know. Let's just put it that way. Stephenville became a better team because of it. ;) But still doesn't explain why Stephenville's big ole linemen couldn't block Brownwood's rush. They also had Edwards. No excuse, they didn't use that excuse! I know several of them on a personal level.

Here's the best part... they said and still say, even after last nights loss to Aledo, that Brownwood is the best team they have played ALL year, no question! And that's coming straight from the horses mouth. ;)

Keith7
12-04-2010, 05:48 PM
You should know lots about losing.... I won't call you a loser though.

But wait, I'm from Gainesville so I guess I know a lot about beating overrated Shipley teams huh?

LIONS
12-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Carthage is a great program and team, should be a heck of an enjoyable game. We are certainly gonna get our moneys worth.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh the OC is calling the shots? I guess you are saying Shipley is overrated?

Shipley has some great Coordinators. You are a fool if you think your coordinators aren't a part of the success of a team. He would be the first to give ample credit to them. He let's them do their thing, but is involved in every aspect of the game plan and is a great leader.

hollywood
Originally posted by gonktacular
Here's what I think:

So when folks say all this and whatnot about Carthage, well...I'm not inclined to believe it until I see it.

May the best team win, and I think that's Brownwood. :)

Great post! Truer words have never been spoken on this thread!:clap:

Rocket
But wait, I'm from Gainesville so I guess I know a lot about beating overrated Shipley teams huh?

Not talking about where you are from...talking about you personally. Stay with me....:rolleyes:

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I just don't see Brownwood scoring all that much. I'll be shocked if they even touch the endzone in the first half.

Stir it up big boy!;)

Keith7
12-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Not talking about where you are from...talking about you personally. Stay with me....:rolleyes:

Uh oh.. Back to the old Rocker formula.. You really are too predictable :doh:

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Uh oh.. Back to the old Rocker formula.. You really are too predictable :doh:

I tend to fight in battles of wit with those that at least come armed on some level... but you are barely functioning as a person who can complete a thought, much less one that can be used in an argument.

rb585
12-04-2010, 05:55 PM
If Brownwood gets to 20, I will be amazed. Carthage is just too good on the defensive side of the ball.

:dispntd:

Can't believe I'm defending Brownwood, but... you do know that Argyle scored more than 20?

Brownwood is waaaaaay more explosive than Argyle.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by rb585
:dispntd:

Can't believe I'm defending Brownwood, but... you do know that Argyle scored more than 20?

Brownwood is waaaaaay more explosive than Argyle.

He is to the point where he is making statements that make no sense. That is usually where he sets up camp. Sad, huh?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:58 PM
You can add up all those teams playoff wins in the past 3 years and they might equal the wins carthage has in the playoffs since 2007.
You are dealing with a different animal.

All those teams you named are cupcakes except Stephenville. Carthage has accomplished twice what your kids have yet to even experience once, that plays a big factor.

People mention Carthages low output in the state game... you're right. But, they also held Graham to 12???? People will say Graham is no Brownwood, but Graham was putting up similar numbers like Brownwood all year until Carthage.

Game is definitely a toss up.

Graham '09 was no where near Brownwood 2010. They were very good, but oh my goodness, not even close.

hollywood
12-04-2010, 05:59 PM
He is to the point where he is making statements that make no sense. That is usually where he sets up camp. Sad, huh?

Speaks out of his you know what. lol

Ignor- ant, with a little brain.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
I have tried to tell you 3A people for a month now the speed from the East is different from what you are use to. Look who is playing in the D1 state game, two from the East. Brownwood may or may not win this game, but predicting a blow out of East Texas speed is just plain stupid. Go Dogs. Carthage 42 Brownwood 41.

Who predicted a blowout? 40-28 Brownwood.

Keith7
12-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I tend to fight in battles of wit with those that at least come armed on some level... but you are barely functioning as a person who can complete a thought, much less one that can be used in an argument.

Oh oh! Step 3 of the Rocker formula is in full swing! Go rocker go!!

hollywood
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Who predicted a blowout? 40-28 Brownwood.

No, you are wrong Rocket!

It's going to be 48-24 Brownwood! haha

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 06:10 PM
And OM is the guy who thought Celina was the top team in the state! lol I did too. Shame they had a bad game when they did. It would have been better to have a bad game early. Every team has a bad game. Carthage has had 2.... Brownwood not yet. I still think Celina had a heck of a team for that matter. Just like Grant and I discussed, they and Lovejoy read too many clippings and they served a pupose detrimental for Celina and great for Lovejoy. Looking back on the game over the last few weeks I am still in shock in the 2 different teams I saw when they laced 'em up tight against Sanger and not so tight against Lovejoy. But that is the past. So instead Celina goes to off season at 11-1 and Henderson carries the torch along with Chapel Hill.

With that said; Carthage/Brownwood should be a battle of wills. Carthage is seasoned and Brownwood has one of those rare teams. Don't get caught reading press and believing you are unbeatable because on any day one team can be in sync and the other team out of sync. One Shot Brownwood for it all. Celina already has 8. Can you tie them or will Carthage do a 3 peat? No Pressure! Those extra points could matter a lot in this game.

On a side note Rockee, Celina will win it's 9th before Brownwood does. This year can be a Woulda Coulda Shoulda for you too.;)

Rocket
12-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I did too. Shame they had a bad game when they did. It would have been better to have a bad game early. Every team has a bad game. Carthage has had 2.... Brownwood not yet. I still think Celina had a heck of a team for that matter. Just like Grant and I discussed, they and Lovejoy read too many clippings and they served a pupose detrimental for Celina and great for Lovejoy. Looking back on the game over the last few weeks I am still in shock in the 2 different teams I saw when they laced 'em up tight against Sanger and not so tight against Lovejoy. But that is the past. So instead Celina goes to off season at 11-1 and Henderson carries the torch along with Chapel Hill.

With that said; Carthage/Brownwood should be a battle of wills. Carthage is seasoned and Brownwood has one of those rare teams. Don't get caught reading press and believing you are unbeatable because on any day one team can be in sync and the other team out of sync. One Shot Brownwood for it all. Celina already has 8. Can you tie them or will Carthage do a 3 peat? No Pressure!

On a side note Rockee, Celina will win it's 9th before Brownwood does. This year can be a Woulda Coulda Shoulda for you too.;)

You hope. Sorry. Celina is on Year 5 of their 30 year drought.

Remember, Brownwood won one in 4A right after they moved up. :D

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 06:14 PM
You hope. Sorry. Celina is on Year 2 of their 30 year drought.

Remember, Brownwood won one in 4A right after they moved up. :D When was that? And Celina only has 3 year droughts. This was year 3.;) Y'all have 15 year droughts.:D

Rocket
12-04-2010, 06:15 PM
When was that? And Celina only has 3 year droughts. This was year 3.;) Y'all have 15 year droughts.:D

Sorry..Year 4...

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Sorry..Year 4... We won it all 16-0 in 2007. This is 2010 right?

Louie13
12-04-2010, 06:19 PM

I'm confused. I thought rule # 3 said there is no disrespecting coaches or the school or players by name by calling them out?

skins4life
12-04-2010, 06:19 PM
We won it all 16-0 in 2007. This is 2010 right?

Stay on him bobcat1. He'll figure it out in a minute. :D

Rocket
12-04-2010, 06:20 PM
We won it all 16-0 in 2007. This is 2010 right?

You did? I don't even care. Sorry. Forgot. Ok Year 3... 27 to go!

Rocket
12-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Stay on him bobcat1. He'll figure it out in a minute. :D

Don't make me say it!!

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 06:27 PM
You did? I don't even care. Sorry. Forgot. Ok Year 3... 27 to go! Yep they did. In case ya'll have forgotten what they look like, here's what they pass out at the end:

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/4336/trophiesmh6.jpg

Here is what the Boys look like:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9167/picture038hu8.jpg

The motto after the loss to Liberty Hill in 2006 was "Finish It".Here is a view of the fans with mission accomplished. A perfect 16-0 season. Hard to duplicate:

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8353/sig3bg7.png

Rocket
12-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Yep they did. In case ya'll have forgotten what they look like, here's what they pass out at the end:

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/4336/trophiesmh6.jpg

Here is what the Boys look like:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9167/picture038hu8.jpg

The motto after the loss to Liberty Hill in 2006 was "Finish It".Here is a view of the fans with mission accomplished. A perfect 16-0 season. Hard to duplicate:

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8353/sig3bg7.png

Ah...the good ol' days...

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 06:28 PM

There is far more Carthage (or any team that is going to beat the Lions)can do as well. They can sack the QB, and put him under great pressure. They can plug the holes. In other words, they can control the offense with good defense. Can they really do this? I have no idea...but thats what is going to have to happen for the Lions to get beat.

skins4life
12-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Don't make me say it!!

You better not, you'll get thread banned!!! :devil: :devil:

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Don't make me say it!! Spew it Sissy!:p

Rocket
You better not, you'll get thread banned!!! :devil: :devil:

It is so tough because it is so true! And RM knows it! LOL

Ranger Mom
Ah...the good ol' days...

LOL.....oh the irony!!:doh:

Ranger Mom
12-04-2010, 06:32 PM
It is so tough because it is so true! And RM knows it! LOL

RM is also standing behind her promise/threat...whatever you wanna call it!!

Play nice now!!

Rocket
12-04-2010, 06:33 PM
LOL.....oh the irony!!:doh:

Exactly...this is a "What have you done for me lately?" group...that is all we hear. But these Celina people don't realize they are slipping farther and farther away every year...these young bobcats aren't going to remember what a state championship is soon...unless bobcat1 goes and has story time with the varsity...LOL

Rocket
12-04-2010, 06:34 PM
RM is also standing behind her promise/threat...whatever you wanna call it!!

Play nice now!!

But skins4life knows he is very IGN*&^%$! He knows it! And so do you!

skins4life
12-04-2010, 06:41 PM

OK!! That's just has bad as saying it.. :devil: :devil: BAN him BAN him. :D :D

Rocket
12-04-2010, 06:42 PM
OK!! That's just has bad as saying it.. :devil: :devil: BAN him BAN him. :D :D

NO! IGN= In Great Need... of wisdom...LOL

RealDawgFan
12-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Carthage has been underrated and underestimated every game for the past 3 years! You've mentioned Pope and Thompson on the defense, and someone even mentioned Hall, but you've failed to mention Claiborne and Ware along with Bowman and Williams all of whom are excellent defenders! (along with the rest of the defense).

Morgan has been the best kept secret all year (even to the Carthage fans) and he isn't on the offense all alone either! He has multiple receivers that can catch and a couple of backs that can get up the field. The o-line is nothing to sneeze at either!

I could go on, but it would become tedious for you!

As for smoaky.com, they are not all a bunch of homers, but they do stick together. They liken it to brothers, we can pick on each other and even fight amongst ourselves, but no one else gets to! The posters on smoaky are usually very respectful as I am sure the ones here are. There are some who post stupid stuff and just try to stir the pot as I am sure some on here do as well.

Carthage fans are typically friendly and well liked by opposing teams and they have a reputation for being warm, gracious and respectful at all games. Like everyone we have a few knuckle heads that don't know how to act! We try to hide them but are not always successful. ;)

skins4life
12-04-2010, 06:48 PM

On another note. How close was I to wearing maroon to support the district :D last night at San Angelo? Just look at the picture! :mad: That's as close as it gets for me!

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Exactly...this is a "What have you done for me lately?" group...that is all we hear. But these Celina people don't realize they are slipping farther and farther away every year...these young bobcats aren't going to remember what a state championship is soon...unless bobcat1 goes and has story time with the varsity...LOL Oh Okay. Remind me who has been reading to the varsity for Brownwood; the great grandpappies that won the last one there? In your words, "you don't have a clue" what it takes to win one in the modern era when you have facemasks and lowtop white shoes. You remember back in Brownwood's day:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2952/imagescaf06rea.jpg

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
I'm confused. I thought rule # 3 said there is no disrespecting coaches or the school or players by name by calling them out?

You're kidding right???? Are you even serious?

All I did was shed light on a fact. That was in no way what so ever an attack on Shipley.

bigwood33
12-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I think they have too much speed and athleticism for a west texas team and that's just being real with it.
Kieth, you obviously weren't at the Argyle v Carthage game. It wasn't speed and or athleticism that carried Carthage to the win, it was their outstanding execution. They were NOT appreciably faster than Argyle. In fact, Argyle had more big/long plays from scrimmage. Carthage won because they were a better team, not more athletic. BTW, Brownwood will be able to match the athleticism and speed but I am not sure they will stand up to the size and physical nature of the Carthage O and D lines. Enough of the speed from the east BS. That diminishes the team that I saw play last night and Carthage is better than that.

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Kieth, you obviously weren't at the Argyle v Carthage game. It wasn't speed and or athleticism that carried Carthage to the win, it was their outstanding execution. They were NOT appreciably faster than Argyle. In fact, Argyle had more big/long plays from scrimmage. Carthage won because they were a better team, not more athletic. BTW, Brownwood will be able to match the athleticism and speed but I am not sure they will stand up to the size and physical nature of the Carthage O and D lines. Enough of the speed from the east BS. That diminishes the team that I saw play last night and Carthage is better than that. I agree, they execute very well. Their line play is awesome and their D is fast to the ball from what I remember. Going to be a heck of a game. I think I will try to make this one. It will be loud and raucous on both sides. :clap: :clap: :clap:

ccmom
12-04-2010, 07:20 PM
All will be revealed in time... our offense is better all around than Carthage's. IMO Wait a minute...I'm rooting for Brownwood, BUT please tell me what knowledge of Carthage you have that would lead you to this opinion. :thinking:

I do know the meaning of the "I word" you like to throw around and this post fits the bill. :rolleyes:

Carry on...:cool:

bwdaggie
12-04-2010, 07:20 PM
The biggest problem with Brownwood is that they are soft - way too finesse on defense. They will be pushed around all day long by Carthage and "the greatest offense of all time" won't even get many chances.

Maybe Kleenex should sponsor this game because the woodies will need something to wipe away their tears afterwords.

ROFL!!!! you are ridiculous man...but at least entertaining...GO LIONS!

Rocket
12-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
ROFL!!!! you are ridiculous man...but at least entertaining...GO LIONS!

Don't encourage the weirdos...please.

hollywood
12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I agree, they execute very well. Their line play is awesome and their D is fast to the ball from what I remember. Going to be a heck of a game. I think I will try to make this one. It will be loud and raucous on both sides. :clap: :clap: :clap:

You telling me they still line dance out in East Texas at their balls????:eek:

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 07:31 PM
You telling me they still line dance out in East Texas at their balls????:eek:

He said "balls"...

Rocket
12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Wait a minute...I'm rooting for Brownwood, BUT please tell me what knowledge of Carthage you have that would lead you to this opinion. :thinking:

I do know the meaning of the "I word" you like to throw around and this post fits the bill. :rolleyes:

Brownwood's offense is way better. They haven't let two teams outscore them. LOL Is that good enough for you?

Not one team has stopped Brownwood. Carthage can't say that.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 07:49 PM
With all this said thus far (and much more to come, I'm sure), I think its safe to say the the Lions will be facing the best team they have faced all year in Carthage. Which is exactly how it should be in the semi-finals. May the best team win!

ccmom
12-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm not going to read umpteen pages to see if this has been asked already, so forgive me if this has been discussed ...
Is Brownwood's kicker going to be back on Friday? All those missed PATs didn't make a difference last night, but that might not be the case next week.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
With all this said thus far (and much more to come, I'm sure), I think its safe to say the the Lions will be facing the best team they have faced all year in Carthage. Which is exactly how it should be in the semi-finals. May the best team win!

I hate it when you state obvious, profound things. :rolleyes: Why don't you go wash your underwear for the first time this year or do something productive like comb your 1 hair.

wimbo_pro
12-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I hate it when you state obvious, profound things. :rolleyes: Why don't you go wash your underwear for the first time this year or do something productive like comb your 1 hair.

No more comments from the Lollipop Guild, please.

garciap77
12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Dang Brownwood is slow!;) ;) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJa1_7gvuVY

Go Lions!

skins4life
Wait a minute...I'm rooting for Brownwood, BUT please tell me what knowledge of Carthage you have that would lead you to this opinion. :thinking:

And he thinks he can throw the "I word" at Dahop and myself like we're the only ones. :D Thanks for pointing that out for him ccmom. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

garciap77
No more comments from the Lollipop Guild, please.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

3AFootballfan
12-04-2010, 08:27 PM
chapel hill is better than both

garciap77
12-04-2010, 08:30 PM
You mean like the Eagles! Just saying!:D:D:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_EagleTrophy-1.jpg

;)

Rocket
12-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 3AFootballfan
chapel hill is better than both

Brownwood is better than Iowa Park. 88-24. Run along now..

Rocket
12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
You mean like the Eagles! Just saying!:D:D:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_EagleTrophy-1.jpg

;)

CHUNKY SOOOOUUUUUUPPPPP....

garciap77
12-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Nice catch!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHKwut1F4M

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tin Cup
12-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Brownwood won't shock Brownwood this week. They'll shock all of east Texas. Keep hating haters. We'll just keep winning if that's ok with y'all.

We don't want a little of Carthage, we want every bit of them. They are good? Ok great. We are the Brownwood lions. We respect everyone, but fear no one. We are coming boys and girls...and hell is coming with us.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Brownwood won't shock Brownwood this week. They'll shock all of east Texas. Keep hating haters. We'll just keep winning if that's ok with y'all.

We don't want a little of Carthage, we want every bit of them. They are good? Ok great. We are the Brownwood lions. We respect everyone, but fear no one. We are coming boys and girls...and hell is coming with us.

You're better than that. LOL. That was very corny.

3AFootballfan
12-04-2010, 08:46 PM
no doubt, by just a little though. lol. Just trying to start something, should be a great game. if you guys hadnt been talking trash all year i'd be pulling for yall. dont be to over confident though this will be close. it gets tougher headed east and will definately be the toughest you've seen all year. no comparison. can carthage stop yalls passing game???? not real sure. usually high scoring games comes down to extra points. bw better find a kicker. carthage 35-33

garciap77
12-04-2010, 08:47 PM

Should we another shirt to the collection?:D

;) ;) ;)

Tin Cup
12-04-2010, 08:49 PM

And you went to McMurry?

SURELY YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT

:D

Daddy D 11
12-04-2010, 08:51 PM
And you went to McMurry?

SURELY YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT

:D

I am that's why I left and went to Baylor. HAH

ccmom
12-04-2010, 08:58 PM
I am that's why I left and went to Baylor. HAH

Sic Em! :clap:

Now will someone please answer my question about the kicker?

Tin Cup
12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
What question ccmom

ccmom
12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm not going to read umpteen pages to see if this has been asked already, so forgive me if this has been discussed ...
Is Brownwood's kicker going to be back on Friday? All those missed PATs didn't make a difference last night, but that might not be the case next week. This one..

Tin Cup
12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I think he will be fine. Twisted non kicking ankle I believe. We had a couple get banged around a little but hopefully nothing too devastating. He's only like 4/5 PATs away from the record.

I could be wrong so if any bwd posters have other info

ccmom
12-04-2010, 09:10 PM
What about McShan? Is he ok?

Tin Cup
12-04-2010, 09:16 PM
What about McShan? Is he ok?

Haven't heard. But he is a great kid with lots of heart. Haha sorry I had to

ccmom
12-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Haven't heard. But he is a great kid with lots of heart. Haha sorry I had to Haha...

We sat by some classic Brownwood Tshirt fans last night. They were all decked out in their Lions gear from head to toe and the men were trying to one up each other with knowledge of the team. I listened to them for a full quarter discussing how Bob Shipley came to Brownwood from GRAHAM :confused: and how McCoy was mad at him for leaving. Haha! Then when McShan got injured one of them started this long story about how McShan moved to Brownwood this past summer and had never played a down of football before. Oh my! :doh:

I finally couldn't bite my tongue anymore and told them McShan played most of last season at QB and McCoy wasn't mad at Shipley at all for leaving Coppell. I did say it with a smile, though. :D

Tin Cup
12-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Lol people are dumb. I graduated with McShans brother so I think he's been in Brownwood schools for about 12 years. And I think Shipley coached at Graham very early in his career but I don't know if they've ever coached together. But I heard they went to college together lol

orange machine
12-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Haha...

We sat by some classic Brownwood Tshirt fans last night. They were all decked out in their Lions gear from head to toe and the men were trying to one up each other with knowledge of the team. I listened to them for a full quarter discussing how Bob Shipley came to Brownwood from GRAHAM :confused: and how McCoy was mad at him for leaving. Haha! Then when McShan got injured one of them started this long story about how McShan moved to Brownwood this past summer and had never played a down of football before. Oh my! :doh:

I finally couldn't bite my tongue anymore and told them McShan played most of last season at QB and McCoy wasn't mad at Shipley at all for leaving Coppell. I did say it with a smile, though. :D

They should have studied a little history about Brownwood first. All they needed to do was come on the 3adownlow and listen to Rocket spew.:D

bwdaggie
12-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Haha...

pretty sure mcshan's dad was on the '78 SC team...someone tell me if i'm wrong here??

bwdaggie
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Haha...

oops...screwed that up lol...

anyway...pretty sure mcshan's dad was on the '78 SC team...correct me if i'm wrong?

LoboesWT
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM
13 more days and counting of being a Brownwood Lion fan!

lakrfool
12-04-2010, 10:19 PM
My Dad was a coach in TX high schools for over 30 years, amassing nearly 500 wins (in hoops) & I grew up in a field house/gym, & have seen ALOT of special teams/athletes over the years.

Some teams...the players, talent, coaches...the stars just seem to have lines up for them for greatness. No one can stop them. A once of a generation group of kids in a football town. Destiny is on their side.

B]The Brownwood Lions are such a team.[/B]

I have been watching them all season, & never have I seen such a team that just destroys the opposition, so quickly & with such precision. The game is usually over at halftime.

Carthage has a fantastic program in place, & they will continue to contend for years to come I am sure. From what I hear, they have great position players & will present Brownwood's greatest challenge to date.

But in the end, the Wood is going to be too much for them Dawgs.

Brownwood by 14.

(PS- Anyone who says the Carthage coaching is greater than Bwood's hasn't done their homework.

Check our OC's record...MANY state titles under his belt.)

BLACK ATTACK
12-04-2010, 10:28 PM
... and Brownwood was the better team?

If they beat Carthage....absolutely. I can live with that.

RealDawgFan
12-04-2010, 10:34 PM
That's right! Yall keep underestimating the dawgs and thinking we don't have what it takes! And we'll put Coach Surratt against any coach in the state! He is incredible as a head coach and former OC. :2thumbsup

BLACK ATTACK
12-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Is your last name Sweat?

...and that's your business because?

lulu
12-04-2010, 10:37 PM

Here kitty kitty:D

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Nice catch!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHKwut1F4M

:clap: :clap: :clap: What was the corner thinking?:thinking:

Dawgdaze
12-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Greetings and Salutations Brownwood Lions! I would have been here sooner but the paid email thing kept changing my mind. That and the black screen causing epileptic siezures. (JK). Looking forward to a great game Friday!

Rocket
12-04-2010, 10:54 PM
...and that's your business because?

Is Brownwood nothing but hype?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze
Greetings and Salutations Brownwood Lions! I would have been here sooner but the paid email thing kept changing my mind. That and the black screen causing epileptic siezures. (JK). Looking forward to a great game Friday!

Well hello there Dawgdaze! How are you? Come on in and pull up a seat. We've been waiting for you.:devil:

Rocket
12-04-2010, 10:58 PM
What was the corner thinking?:thinking:

That poor corner had a decision to make. Do I cover the stop or Mr. Shipley? He chose... Poorly. You people think Brownwood just runs easy routes? No, they make defenses have to think. And Brown reads on a high level. SMH

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 10:59 PM
That poor corner had a decision to make. Do I cover the stop or Mr. Shipley? He chose... Poorly. You people think Brownwood just runs easy routes? No, they make defenses have to think. And Brown reads on a high level. SMH Too bad the ball was underthrown huh?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Too bad the ball was underthrown huh?

Does it matter? Not gonna keep us out of the endzone...

bobcat1
Man that safety's first step was up and to his right.

Dawgdaze
Well hello there Dawgdaze! How are you? Come on in and pull up a seat. We've been waiting for you.:devil:

Uh oh. Looks like I'm going to be LION food. Easy guys. I intend on being cordial, but factual. I know Graham put up a good fight last year and I admit I was thinking it was going to be a lot easier than it was to beat them. I notice yall have a LOT in common. For example, last year when I scouted Graham I found out that they were having trouble with their kicking game and thought, wow! If they are having trouble with their kicking game (like 2A teams) they probably aren't that good or disciplined.
Just found out today that you guys also have been experiencing trouble with yours. I would like to think that this is a sign of things to come for you but, well...You know how the score ended up with Graham last year.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Did you know our kicker is about 5 xp's from the state record? Nice try... You are starting out weak. And we are not Graham '09. We beat them last year as well... :rolleyes:

BEAST
12-04-2010, 11:06 PM
We are just fine with the kicking game. Our #1 kicker hurt his foot. He is only about 3 PATs away from the state record.

BEAST

bobcat1
12-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Did you know our kicker is about 5 xp's from the state record? Nice try... You are starting out weak. And we are not Graham '09. We beat them last year as well... :rolleyes: How's his plant foot? Is it going to be okay this week? You are going to need him.

Dawgdaze
12-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Yep I read already that you guys were pretty amazed last year after you beat Graham and they turned into a good team after you. Who beat you guys out last year?

Rocket
12-04-2010, 11:08 PM
How's his plant foot? Is it going to be okay this week? You are going to need him.

Maybe we will, maybe we won't. ;) all will be revealed in time...

BLACK ATTACK
12-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Is Brownwood nothing but hype?

I've answered this question already. BW's offense is in no way over-hyped. May be the best that I have seen. The defense is over-hyped by you guys. It's a good defense, but it ain't some kind of machine like you make it out to be. Doesn't really matter to me what all the homers say, I've seen it perform against some very, very subpar offenses. Did you win. Yeah, you should have. You were much better than both of those teams. But, I'm telling you. They better pick it up for this one. So keep on with all your biased predictions, comparisons, and analogies. But I know this for sure, this will be a game where you will have to score to win, because your defense will have no answer for Carthage. Nothing you have played has been close.

Still don't know what this has to do with what my name is.

Rocket
12-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Yep I read already that you guys were pretty amazed last year after you beat Graham and they turned into a good team after you. Who beat you guys out last year?

Brownwood beat Brownwood. :D

bigwood33
12-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Wimberley

Looking4number8
12-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by 3AFootballfan
. can carthage stop yalls passing game???? not real sure. usually high scoring games comes down to extra points. bw better find a kicker. carthage 35-33

Do some homework, Ellis hurt his left foot last night, so far this year he has mad 94 out of 99 xp attempts... I'd say we have found a pretty good kicker!

Rocket
12-04-2010, 11:15 PM
I've answered this question already. BW's offense is in no way over-hyped. May be the best that I have seen. The defense is over-hyped by you guys. It's a good defense, but it ain't some kind of machine like you make it out to be. Doesn't really matter to me what all the homers say, I've seen it perform against some very, very subpar offenses. Did you win. Yeah, you should have. You were much better than both of those teams. But, I'm telling you. They better pick it up for this one. So keep on with all your biased predictions, comparisons, and analogies. But I know this for sure, this will be a game where you will have to score to win, because your defense will have no answer for Carthage. Nothing you have played has been close.

Still don't know what this has to do with what my name is.

It's a yes or no question! I put my name on my post. Our defense is good enough to stop Carthage 4 times. That's plenty. Especially if we win the toss.

Let me ask you this. Did you pick Argyle to beat Carthage? Did you say they were going to win? Lol

Dawgdaze
12-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Wimberly!? Oh I bet you guys would love that rematch for a State Championship. You may get it. I'm no homer and am realistic. This is going to be a shootout. Our defense has been suspect all year compared to the last two but we have an offense that can flat out score on anyone.

lakrfool
12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm a noob, & I am going to try & remain subjective.

But if you took the time to read my previous post, I am pro-Brpwnwood.

I'm not here to spin my wheels in a 'hot dog' measuring contest between Carthage & Bwood, region vs region, lunkhead vs dork, etc...

This site is stupid with unprecedented claims & proclamations.

If you don't have a legitimate take with facts to back it up, then SFheckU!! (edited...Sinton)

Mindless barking is just that...you might as well be chained to a tree in my backyard!!

Sit Boy!! Sit!!

Dawgdaze
12-04-2010, 11:17 PM
It's a yes or no question! I put my name on my post. Our defense is good enough to stop Carthage 4 times. That's plenty. Especially if we win the toss.

Let me ask you this. Did you pick Argyle to beat Carthage? Did you say they were going to win? Lol

Black attack is from Argyle...talked smack to us Carthage fans all week.

ccmom
12-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by lakrfool
I'm a noob, & I am going to try & remain subjective.

But if you took the time to read my previous post, I am pro-Brpwnwood.

I'm not here to spin my wheels in a 'hot dog' measuring contest between Carthage & Bwood, region vs region, lunkhead vs dork, etc...

This site is stupid with unprecedented claims & proclamations.

If you don't have a legitimate take with facts to back it up, then SFheckU!! (edited...Sinton)

Mindless barking is just that...you might as well be chained to a tree in my backyard!!

Sit Boy!! Sit!!

Ummm....who exactly are you talking to? Rockee? :doh: :thinking:

lulu
12-04-2010, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
[B]My point is it doesn't matter if you are from Carthage, they all band together and talk noise FOR Carthage.

Carthage is from our district and I do support them. I hope they go for and get their 3rd championship. That does not mean that I hate Brownwood or think that their team is not good.

We band together because we know from having played them that they deserve respect. And we want to be able to say our team was beat by the best in the state.

Maybe you can get your district opponents to hop on your bandwagon. It's lots of fun . We all back each other. As one team gets eliminated they get behind their district opponents.
All 5 teams from 16 3A was represented at the Argyle/Carthage game last night. Some wore their own colors some wore Carthage colors. It's great. Especially for those of us who don't make it this far.

Have fun. Have a great game. And talk all the smack you want.
I love the entertainment.
Good luck Lions....you'll need it. (sorry couldn't resist).

Here Kitty Kitty. Come on over and visit East Texas. We'll teach you how to play a game called football.
;)

old man
12-04-2010, 11:25 PM
What kind of a geographic boob says that Brownwood is in west Texas? We are in Central Texas and proud of it. We are at the heart of things and our Lions play with heart. I know that at this point of the playoffs records don't mean anything, but a 14-0 team cannot be dismissed, even by a two time state champion with 2 losses. Let the talking be done on the football field. By the way who is Conroe and Sinton playing this week in roundball?

ccmom
12-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by lulu
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
[B]My point is it doesn't matter if you are from Carthage, they all band together and talk noise FOR Carthage.

Carthage is from our district and I do support them. I hope they go for and get their 3rd championship. That does not mean that I hate Brownwood or think that their team is not good.

We band together because we know from having played them that they deserve respect. And we want to be able to say our team was beat by the best in the state.

Maybe you can get your district opponents to hop on your bandwagon. It's lots of fun . We all back each other. As one team gets eliminated they get behind their district opponents.
All 5 teams from 16 3A was represented at the Argyle/Carthage game last night. Some wore their own colors some wore Carthage colors. It's great. Especially for those of us who don't make it this far.

Have fun. Have a great game. And talk all the smack you want.
I love the entertainment.
Good luck Lions....you'll need it. (sorry couldn't resist).

Here Kitty Kitty. Come on over and visit East Texas. We'll teach you how to play a game called football.
;)

Brownwood has plenty of support from their district. Did you see the M&G pic?

Rocket hasn't chased us all away....yet! :D

ccmom
12-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by old man
What kind of a geographic boob says that Brownwood is in west Texas? We are in Central Texas and proud of it. We are at the heart of things and our Lions play with heart. I know that at this point of the playoffs records don't mean anything, but a 14-0 team cannot be dismissed, even by a two time state champion with 2 losses. Let the talking be done on the football field. By the way who is Conroe and Sinton playing this week in roundball?

And now they are making room on the flatbed for old men...

Oh goody! :rolleyes:

Welcome, old man...;)

bwdaggie
12-04-2010, 11:30 PM

good lookin' group :D

LoboesWT
12-04-2010, 11:31 PM
In Region I corner - HYPE vs Region II corner HEART, based on our experience I am taking hype in a decisive win. B-dub has so many different ways to attack a defense. Very close to unstoppable, truth hurts better to just accept!

ccmom
12-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
good lookin' group :D

Wait a minute...are we talking about the same pic? :doh: :D

lulu
12-04-2010, 11:43 PM

Haven't looked at the Pic yet but I am sure looking forward to someday getting to a game where I can meet a bunch of you folks from the other part of the world. I don't even know who is in Brownwoods district really. Was just telling him why we all back each other and how much fun we have.

Rockets not gonna run off anyone who has been here very long. We all know his passion for his Lions and I personally have been on the receiving end of his smack. I like the guy and love the fun and anger he creates. He used to intimidate me but now I know "it's just THE ROCKET".

Are you planning on being at the game?

lakrfool
12-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Ummm....who exactly are you talking to? Rockee?

No one in particular.

Maybe I am underestimating the good folks of the 3ADL.

I'm not sure I can facilitate an entire week of unfounded bullcrap from a bunch of uneducated haters in an imaginary tug-of-war of mentally challenged individuals.

lulu
12-04-2010, 11:47 PM
I think I'm the Granny of the downlow. I look at all you guys and you're all so young.:rolleyes:

ccmom
12-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Haven't looked at the Pic yet but I am sure looking forward to someday getting to a game where I can meet a bunch of you folks from the other part of the world. I don't even know who is in Brownwoods district really. Was just telling him why we all back each other and how much fun we have.

Rockets not gonna run off anyone who has been here very long. We all know his passion for his Lions and I personally have been on the receiving end of his smack. I like the guy and love the fun and anger he creates. He used to intimidate me but now I know "it's just THE ROCKET".

Are you planning on being at the game?

Brownwood is from District 5 which includes Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder and Big Spring. I think Big Spring is the only one of those schools that wasn't represented at last night's meet n greet, but nobody from there really posts here.

I really wish I could go to this game but it just isn't going to happen. I'm sure it will be a great one! I am pretty sure I saw my last high school football game of the season last night. :(

The good news is that Brownwood truly has probably the BEST radio announcer in the state and I will be able to follow every play!! :clap:

ccmom
12-04-2010, 11:52 PM

No one in particular.

I'm not sure I can facilitate an entire week of unfounded bullcrap from a bunch of uneducated haters in an imaginary tug-of-war of mentally challenged individuals.

The good news is that no one is asking you to facilitate anything. The bad news is that some of the types of posts that you described are from Brownwood posters...other teams,too but anyway... this ought to be get interesting...:thinking:

I also find it interesting that you call other people "haters"..."uneducated haters" actually, and then describe them as "mentally challenged"?? That's probably one of the most hateful things I've seen on here. Like I said....interesting....:rolleyes:

BEAST
12-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Brownwood is from District 5 which includes Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder and Big Spring. I think Big Spring is the only one of those schools that wasn't represented at last night's meet n greet, but nobody from there really posts here.

I really wish I could go to this game but it just isn't going to happen. I'm sure it will be a great one! I am pretty sure I saw my last high school football game of the season last night. :(

The good news is that Brownwood truly has probably the BEST radio announcer in the state and I will be able to follow every play!! :clap:

Dallas is in the high school football hall of fame. He is the best.

BEAST

Rocket
12-05-2010, 12:11 AM

Oh is that a fact? LOL I guess Argyle was a bunch of hype?

BLACK ATTACK
12-05-2010, 12:13 AM

Well, its a none of your business question in my book.

First, your defense is not good enough to stop Carthage 4 times, I've seen both. Have you? Second, yes I picked Argyle to win because I live there and support them, but I picked them by 1/2 point because I didn't know enough about them to pick anything else. Just like you don't.

BEAST
12-05-2010, 12:13 AM
While I'm at it, Carthage better play damn near perfect. 0 turnovers. Any turnover results in points for the Wood. The Wood, as well, needs to be close to perfect. However, you only stay on top so long, so for Carthage, so long.

BEAST

BLACK ATTACK
12-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Oh is that a fact? LOL I guess Argyle was a bunch of hype?

Don't think Argyle was hype at all. They lost to Carthage, just like Brownwood will.

Rocket
12-05-2010, 12:15 AM

No one in particular.

LOL :thumbsup:

I loved your previous post. Awesome.

lakrfool
12-05-2010, 12:16 AM
[B}I also find it interesting that you call other people "haters"..."uneducated haters" actually, and then describe them as "mentally challenged"?? That's probably one of the most hateful things I've seen on here. Like I said....interesting....:rolleyes: [/B]

Oh dear. I immediately apologize for ruffling your delicate sensibilities.

I'll just leave it at "uneducated hater."

Better?

Rocket
12-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Don't think Argyle was hype at all. They lost to Carthage, just like Brownwood will.

Ok Mr. Sweat...I bet you lived up to your name against Carthage..LOL

BLACK ATTACK
12-05-2010, 12:19 AM

Don't think I talked trash at all (although a bunch did), unless picking us to win by less than a point is talking trash.

ccmom
12-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Oh dear. I immediately apologize for ruffling your delicate sensibilities.

I'll just leave it at "uneducated hater."

Better? You didn't ruffle anything on me, precious. I am confident in the fact that I fall into none of the categories you described. :rolleyes:

I just find it hysterically ironic that you call other people "haters" and follow it up by saying something hateful. :rolleyes: