Old Green
12-03-2010, 05:49 PM
That's big time news there.

pirate4state
12-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
George Harris retired today.

Did you hear it from me first? :D

Could cause some shake ups in the Coastal Bend.

Maroon87
12-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Did you hear it from me first? :D

Could cause some shake ups in the Coastal Bend.

Well yes I did lol...;)

Phil C
12-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Is he retired immediately or will he finish the school year in May?

Ernest T Bass
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Any athletes left down there?

DDBooger
12-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Any athletes left down there? :dispntd:
But you can do a lot of fishing down the road. :D

Ernest T Bass
12-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I can fish here.

DDBooger
12-06-2010, 01:33 PM
I can fish here. Not in the bay. Unless you prefer freshwater.

I don't know much about fishing, so Fresh may be better.

Ernest T Bass
12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Im not that into fishing. I like winning a lot better.

DDBooger
12-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Im not that into fishing. I like winning a lot better. Yeah, one look at their facilities and you'd be saying no thank you. Decrepit is being nice. Stay where you are :D

MUSTANG69
12-07-2010, 08:35 AM
For several years I have been hearing that the G-P job is the one that Coach Hesseltine from Ingleside wants. Now we shall see if it is true. I hope not. Ingleside can't compete with G-P when it comes to dollars.

Phil C
12-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
For several years I have been hearing that the G-P job is the one that Coach Hesseltine from Ingleside wants. Now we shall see if it is true. I hope not. Ingleside can't compete with G-P when it comes to dollars.

MUSTANG I am sure he would do a good job for them but the thing is that there are probably going to be over 100 applicants for that job and a lot of them are going to be good ones.

MUSTANG69
12-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
MUSTANG I am sure he would do a good job for them but the thing is that there are probably going to be over 100 applicants for that job and a lot of them are going to be good ones.

I understand that there will be many applicants but they can only pick one. It will be a sad day if they were to pick Coach Hesseltine. If that were to happen I would be one of the first to wish him the best of luck in his new job.

AP Panther Fan
12-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Ingleside needs wind turbines.;)

Will be interesting to see what happens.

LIONS#1
12-07-2010, 10:29 PM
wHO tOOK Harrels place at Ennis?

sinton66
12-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Not in the bay. Unless you prefer freshwater.

I don't know much about fishing, so Fresh may be better.

I know a bit about fishing, and fresh definitely isn't better. I agree about their facilities. GP has plenty of money and I don't understand why they don't upgrade. Heck, if Sinton can do it, they certainly could.

MUSTANG69
12-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Ingleside needs wind turbines.;)

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Ingleside needs the Corpus Christi Port Authority to get the Naval Station sold to private enterprise so taxes can be collected.

Ernest T Bass
12-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
wHO tOOK Harrels place at Ennis?

No one yet. Steve Marrow was interim last season, but now they've opened it up.

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Ingleside needs the Corpus Christi Port Authority to get the Naval Station sold to private enterprise so taxes can be collected.

True. Aransas Pass needs that too for the purpose of increased employment opportunities and new families to the area.

The good news is Kiewit has some big projects coming up. I think our economic future (overall) is fairly bright.

bluecat
12-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Heck, if Sinton can do it, they certainly could.

Apparently, you haven"t met our Supt., Dr Clore.

MUSTANG69
01-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I was just told by a school employee that Ingleside's Coach Hesseltine did not apply for the G-P job because it would have been a cut in pay. I would think a 4A school would pay better than a 3A but I guess that is what I get for thinking.

bluecat
01-04-2011, 06:01 AM
I doubt he"s getting $86,000.00, and to tell the truth, it would be a waste of time for him to apply. GP has some very qualified applicants and Hesseltine would not rate that high on this list.
Deadline is Jan 14th and they should name the top 5 shortly after.
You will be surprised when they announce the names because this is by far the best class of coaches I"ve ever seen apply at GP.

MUSTANG69
01-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by bluecat
I doubt he"s getting $86,000.00, and to tell the truth, it would be a waste of time for him to apply. GP has some very qualified applicants and Hesseltine would not rate that high on this list.
Deadline is Jan 14th and they should name the top 5 shortly after.
You will be surprised when they announce the names because this is by far the best class of coaches I"ve ever seen apply at GP.

My point was not about Hesseltine's qualifications. I was questioning the statement made to me about about a 4A school paying less than a 3A. I am sure there are a lot of coaches with great qualifications but Hesseltine's are not to shabby.

7 years as head coach of Ingleside
3 District Championships
7 years in the playoffs
1 appearance in the Semi-finals
1 appearance in the Regional finals

I must take exception to your statement.

bluecat
01-04-2011, 03:09 PM
I meant no disrespect, but a lot has been made to GP being "cheap", well $72-500-86,000 isn"t being cheap. Hesseltine is a fine coach, but I am really surprised by whom has applied at GP. Matt Anastacio, DC at Austin-Westlake and ex GP, Jay Siebert current OC at GP, Les Goad Navarro HC/AD, yes this is a very talented group and I"m told that there are more top flite coaches who intend to file shortlyands a few who want to remain confidential.
Plus I am told that the HC/AD will get extra benefits beyond his salary to sweeten the pot so to speak. Again, I probably should not of put it the way I did and I apologize for that. Good luck to the Mustangs and have a safe and healthy year.

MUSTANG69
01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I meant no disrespect, but a lot has been made to GP being "cheap", well $72-500-86,000 isn"t being cheap. Hesseltine is a fine coach, but I am really surprised by whom has applied at GP. Matt Anastacio, DC at Austin-Westlake and ex GP, Jay Siebert current OC at GP, Les Goad Navarro HC/AD, yes this is a very talented group and I"m told that there are more top flite coaches who intend to file shortlyands a few who want to remain confidential.
Plus I am told that the HC/AD will get extra benefits beyond his salary to sweeten the pot so to speak. Again, I probably should not of put it the way I did and I apologize for that. Good luck to the Mustangs and have a safe and healthy year.

Apology accepted and I do hope G-P finds the right coach. Honestly, I don't want Hesseltine to leave Ingleside. He has done wonders for Ingleside's program.

truebluestang
01-06-2011, 11:24 AM
G-P needs to up the pay. It is not comparable to other quality 4A programs in the area. Calallen- $106,000; Port Lavaca $116,000; Alice $108,000. G-P is as good as those programs but pay much less- that is not a good message to send a new AD. Anyone who is worthy of getting that job should be paid accordingly- just my take on it.

Johnny Utah
01-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I concur True Blue, so maybe they will up the pay!!

AP Panther Fan
01-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
G-P needs to up the pay. It is not comparable to other quality 4A programs in the area. Calallen- $106,000; Port Lavaca $116,000; Alice $108,000. G-P is as good as those programs but pay much less- that is not a good message to send a new AD. Anyone who is worthy of getting that job should be paid accordingly- just my take on it.

Quite a disparity, I am surprised.

bluecat
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM

Not quite sure where you got those figures but Danaher "IS" the highest paid coach in the coastal bend bar none. I don"t know what Whitaker is getting paid, but I know for a fact that Sosa isn"t getting $108,000. GP has benefits built into his contract that can and will supplement his pay depending on performances in all sports not just football.

Phil C
01-10-2011, 05:44 PM
My point was not about Hesseltine's qualifications. I was questioning the statement made to me about about a 4A school paying less than a 3A. I am sure there are a lot of coaches with great qualifications but Hesseltine's are not to shabby.

3 District Championships
7 years in the playoffs

MUSTANG69 I don't have the figures but he also did very good while he was at Skidmore-Tynnan ISD.

MUSTANG69
01-10-2011, 05:51 PM
MUSTANG69 I don't have the figures but he also did very good while he was at Skidmore-Tynnan ISD.

Was Hesseltine a Head coach or assistant at Skidmore-Tynan?

bluecat
01-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, I just got an e-mail from a GP insider and he told me that GP has recieved 128 applications already, with the deadline of Jan 14th quickly closing in. Of the applicants that I actually know that applied, this is by far the most and the best quality of coaches that GP has ever recieved for it"s next HC/AD. Of the coaches that I know of 3A,4A 5A and some college assistants have applied.Good deal for GP, now we need to get him to sign on the dotted line! Keep Ya posted!

Blastoderm55
01-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Was Hesseltine a Head coach or assistant at Skidmore-Tynan?

HC

bluecat
01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Johnny Utah M/T your PM box

SintonFan_inAustin
01-14-2011, 06:49 PM

3 District Championships
7 years in the playoffs

I must take exception to your statement. He's definately a winner and if he does move on eventually, he'll make that team a winner also.

sinton66
01-19-2011, 06:55 AM
I was just told by a school employee that Ingleside's Coach Hesseltine did not apply for the G-P job because it would have been a cut in pay. I would think a 4A school would pay better than a 3A but I guess that is what I get for thinking.

When Gary Davenport left Sinton for 5A Corpus Christi Carroll, he took a pay cut to do so. It's not unheard of.

bluecat
01-19-2011, 10:06 AM

I was told yesterday that someone who has seen the list noted that some names from the area are in fact on the list. I have not had the opportunity to see the list myself, but apparently Ingleside doesn"t pay more than GP. Without seeing the list, I cannot confirm yea or Na. But if someone from Ingleside, where to add their name to the list,it would be because Ingleside failed to appreciate or protect him.
I was also told that every school district in Texas was going to take a major hit on Athletic budget funding, this could get ugly so get ready for some really creative funding measures to take place in 2011-2012.

MUSTANG69
01-19-2011, 10:44 AM
I was told yesterday that someone who has seen the list noted that some names from the area are in fact on the list. I have not had the opportunity to see the list myself, but apparently Ingleside doesn"t pay more than GP. Without seeing the list, I cannot confirm yea or Na. But if someone from Ingleside, where to add their name to the list,it would be because Ingleside failed to appreciate or protect him.
I was also told that every school district in Texas was going to take a major hit on Athletic budget funding, this could get ugly so get ready for some really creative funding measures to take place in 2011-2012.

Thanks for the info. As I said before, I don't want Hesseltine to leave Ingleside. I hope he didn't apply and if he did I hope he doesn't get picked. I hope our school officials have enough sense to do what they can to keep him here. I sometimes have my doubts about them and what they are thinking.:thinking:

I'm sure G-P has attracted a bunch of quality coaches and can hire the one that will make their program continue in the tradition that they are used to.

bluecat
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm sure G-P has attracted a bunch of quality coaches and can hire the one that will make their program continue in the tradition that they are used to.
Gp has attracted an unusually quality list of coaches and I can"t be sure without seeing the list if he in fact is on it. If in fact he is on the list, I could not even guess his motivation as to his interest in the job or to get Ingleside ISD motivated to keep him.
It wouldn"t be the first time a coach who felt underappreciated to motivate his base, to demand or request, a lil more appreciation!!

CaPeech?:thinking:

MUSTANG69
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Gp has attracted an unusually quality list of coaches and I can"t be sure without seeing the list if he in fact is on it. If in fact he is on the list, I could not even guess his motivation as to his interest in the job or to get Ingleside ISD motivated to keep him.
It wouldn"t be the first time a coach who felt underappreciated to motivate his base, to demand or request, a lil more appreciation!!

CaPeech?:thinking:

Yes I understand and I wouldn't blame him if that was his motivation. Hell, I see that trick used quite often here at the dealership.:D

AP Panther Fan
01-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Hell, I see that trick used quite often here at the dealership.:D

It only works once on me. If someone is worth keeping, I will make an effort to negotiate on their behalf BUT if they bring up pay increases on a regular basis and keep holding a proverbial gun to my head, I figure it is time for them to find a new place of employment. Adios, so long, nice to know you.

MUSTANG69
01-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
It only works once on me. If someone is worth keeping, I will make an effort to negotiate on their behalf BUT if they bring up pay increases on a regular basis and keep holding a proverbial gun to my head, I figure it is time for them to find a new place of employment. Adios, so long, nice to know you.

I don't negotiate too much. If someone deserves a raise I give it to them without them asking. If they ask I either give it them or tell them no and why they can't have a raise.. Discussion over. Other managers are afraid of losing an employee and having to go thru the hiring process. Not me.

bluecat
02-01-2011, 09:39 AM
I"m being told that the GP is having a special school board meeting set for Feb 3rd and the hiring of the next HC/AD is on the agenda.
Team USA game is on Feb 2 and Matt Anastasio will be coaching in that game.???:thinking:

Phil C
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM

3 District Championships
7 years in the playoffs

Plus other sports have done well since he has been there besides football.

MUSTANG69
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Plus other sports have done well since he has been there besides football.

Correct, especially in the girls' programs.

bluecat
02-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Matt Anastasio

BIO
Coach Matt Anastasio is starting his 15th year coaching and his second year at Westlake. He serves as the Defensive Coordinator, he coaches the Inside Linebackers, and is the Recruiting Coordinator. While not on the field Coach Anastasio serves as the In School Suspension teacher. Coach Anastasio went to Gregory-Portland High School. After high school he played for Hardin-Simmons University. At Hardin-Simmons University he played linebacker and was a four year starter and letterman. He graduated from Hardin-Simmons with a degree in Math and Computer Science. Coach Anastasio began his coaching as a Graduate Assistant at Hardin-Simmons University. He has coached at Terry High School, and Dickinson High School. He has served as the Defensive Coordinator at the following schools prior to coming to Westlake: Lamar Consolidated High School, Thurgood Marshall High School, Elkins High School, and Odessa Permian. While at Odessa Permian he was also the Head Softball Coach for three years. Coach Anastasio and his wife Mary Ann have two children.

Matt will be presented to the school board at a meeting Thursday night and officially offered the HC/AD position at GP.

MUSTANG69
02-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Sounds like GP got them a good one.:clap: