PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Cameron Yoe folks

3afan
12-03-2010, 08:45 AM
back when I played for Cove (1974-1976) we played Cameron in all sports ... not Cameron Yoe, but Cameron

has the HS always been Yoe High School? and if so, it seem only recently its been referred as that and not Cameron High - any reason for that?

CenTexSports
12-03-2010, 09:05 AM
I am not a native but I live there so this is what I think I know.

Caroline Yoe donated the money and property to build a new high school in memory of her husband (C H Yoe) around 1921. The school was named for them when it was built and it will remain with that name as long as it is in its current location. there is something about losing the name if it moves.

As far a I know it has been Yoe High School since the 1920's.

On a side note, in several shops around town there are old schedules and newspaper articles where Cameron used to play Temple, Georgetown, Cove and a lot of really big schools and most were beaten by the Yoe.

BaseballUmp
12-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Idk, but I think it's been C.H. Yoe High School since I can remember and idk why in every paper and website its the Cameron Yoe Yoemen...

C.H. Yoe High School (http://classroom.cameronisd.net/webs/yhs/)

Yoe_09
12-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Idk, but I think it's been C.H. Yoe High School since I can remember and idk why in every paper and website its the Cameron Yoe Yoemen...

C.H. Yoe High School (http://classroom.cameronisd.net/webs/yhs/)

Yeah...we are NOT the Cameron YOE Yoemen. We are either the Cameron Yoe or the Cameron Yoemen. I have personally never heard us called anything different than Cameron Yoe or Yoemen.

Yoe_09
12-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I am not a native but I live there so this is what I think I know.

Caroline Yoe donated the money and property to build a new high school in memory of her husband (C H Yoe) around 1921. The school was named for them when it was built and it will remain with that name as long as it is in its current location. there is something about losing the name if it moves.

As far a I know it has been Yoe High School since the 1920's.

On a side note, in several shops around town there are old schedules and newspaper articles where Cameron used to play Temple, Georgetown, Cove and a lot of really big schools and most were beaten by the Yoe.

Add Belton to that list...:D

King_LeYoeNidas
12-04-2010, 01:30 AM
And austin westlake

87 TIGER
12-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Cameron ,Rockdale , and i'm sure lots of other small schools used to play todays big boys.Made a short list of of some of these:
Cameron and Rockdale both used to play: Belton,Georgetown,Killeen,Round Rock,Bryan, A&M Con.,Brenham, Cove,Pflugerville,New Braunfels.
Cameron: Temple,Waco High,Westlake,TempleJr College, and Baylor University Freshman
Rockdale: Austin High,and San Marcos

other notables Rockdale played Sharp, and Coupland and Cameron played Calvert. We all played Hutto and 20 years from now they will probably have 2-3 schools in 5A.
Lexington has played Southlake Carroll

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2010, 01:03 PM
The team should never be refered to as Cameron Yoe Yoemen, only the Cameron Yoemen.

Cameron used to play Temple JV and freshmen in the 50's.

I can personally remember seeing them play Copperas Cove, Georgetown, Leander and others in the early '70s when they were 3 A (What is now 4 A ).

I personally played against Waco High, Belton, A&M Cons, Westlake, Pflugerville, Elgin, Manor, Marlin in the late '70's early '80's

My brother played and beat Connally, Midway, Richfield when those teams were all 4 A.

When Cameron was ranked #4 in 3 A and Belton was ranked #3 in 4 A and Cameron beat them 19-14 in 84 or 85 and then beat them again the next year 33-0. The Belton Coach Stafford said, he would never schedule them again. He said that he would schedule 5 A teams if he wanted to be beat like that.

We beat Westlake two years in a row '80 and '81.

Yoe_09
12-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
The team should never be refered to as Cameron Yoe Yoemen, only the Cameron Yoemen.

Cameron used to play Temple JV and freshmen in the 50's.

I can personally remember seeing them play Copperas Cove, Georgetown, Leander and others in the early '70s when they were 3 A (What is now 4 A ).

I personally played against Waco High, Belton, A&M Cons, Westlake, Pflugerville, Elgin, Manor, Marlin in the late '70's early '80's

My brother played and beat Connally, Midway, Richfield when those teams were all 4 A.

When Cameron was ranked #4 in 3 A and Belton was ranked #3 in 4 A and Cameron beat them 19-14 in 84 or 85 and then beat them again the next year 33-0. The Belton Coach Stafford said, he would never schedule them again. He said that he would schedule 5 A teams if he wanted to be beat like that.

We beat Westlake two years in a row '80 and '81.

You going to the game today?

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
You going to the game today?

Yep!

Yoe_09
12-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Yep!

Yeah this is going to be a packed house...the stadium holds 10k and they are is the possibility of a sell out...better get there early! I know we will probably be rolling out around 3.

Rabid Cougar
12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
They forget that China Spring and Cameron SROed WISD (15K) in the Billie vs Shawn game.

c-town_balla
12-04-2010, 05:20 PM
We are Cameron Yoe high school. There is no Cameron High.

bigYoe
12-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Our High School is called C.H. Yoe High School as far back as the early 1920's. When you talk about any of our sports teams then its just the Cameron Yoemen. Here recently, many people of the media have been referring to us as the Cameron Yoe Yoemen strictly because our High school isnt Cameron High School its C.H. Yoe High School. We are the Cameron Yoemen which refers to us as the men of Mr. and Mrs. Yoe whom donated money in the early 20's so that we could build a new high school. As long as our high school stays on the property it is on now (which was donated by Mr. and Mrs. Yoe) then we will be the Cameron YOE-men. Very tradition rich school. GO oYe

bigYoe
12-04-2010, 09:22 PM
They forget that China Spring and Cameron SROed WISD (15K) in the Billie vs Shawn game.
Are you refering to a Billy Pittman vs. Shawn Bell game? What does SROed mean? Go oYe.

Caldwell_Raider
12-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Just curious, what was the crowd turnout like at the game?

BaseballUmp
12-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Yoe crowd had close to twice as many fans there as Tatum...(got that from someone else)

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Are you refering to a Billy Pittman vs. Shawn Bell game? What does SROed mean? Go oYe.

"Standing Room Only"