PDA

View Full Version : hooks job in wo-s

trojandad
12-02-2010, 06:25 PM
those of us on the outside may not hear as much as the locals so i'm asking, does the coach of wo-s, considering his wonderful history, have any people locally calling for his job after the results of the last two years? i think he's great, but what's REALLY going on there internally?

WOS87
12-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Seriously trojandad?!

What about the last two years?? We went 16-6 losing to 6 playoff teams including a 1-pt loss to current 4A-D1 Quarterfinalist Friendswood this year and outscored opponents 802-318, not to mention having our star QB die on the field this year.

Hooks is doing just fine.

Coldspring's record the last 4 seasons (to date): 33-14
WO-S' record the last 4 seasons: 37-9

You're still one of my good friends though... :)

bigwood33
12-02-2010, 09:06 PM
WOS, you know how rumors are...they can take on a life of their own.

griff
12-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
WOS, you know how rumors are...they can take on a life of their own.

Not even a "rumor" exists on this. Please...:rolleyes:

Hooks is the oldest active HC in the state of Texas. He will retire when he's ready. This season has been a drain on him with the loss of Reggie Garrett, Coach Barbay, and the scare we all got with assistant coach Mark Foreman enduring a serious blood clot in his leg. It would not shock me if he decided this season was his last, however, I don't think he's done. I do NOT have any inside information on this...it's just my personal speculation. I believe Coach Hooks will stick around until at least this year's 8th grade class becomes seniors. We'll see.

trojandad
12-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Seriously trojandad?!

What about the last two years?? We went 16-6 losing to 6 playoff teams including a 1-pt loss to current 4A-D1 Quarterfinalist Friendswood this year and outscored opponents 802-318, not to mention having our star QB die on the field this year.

Hooks is doing just fine.

Coldspring's record the last 4 seasons (to date): 33-14
WO-S' record the last 4 seasons: 37-9

You're still one of my good friends though... :)

whoa whoa, big fella, nothing i said inferred he needed to go, that he'd done a bad job and i DEFINITELY didn't say that any other school in the state wouldn't take him.....but by the same token, communities used to serious success like you guys sometimes hold guys to higher standards.....

the one thing i've noticed over the years is that coaches don't usually have to worry about their job as long as people are complaining out loud, its when they get quiet that things are working behind closed doors....last year, when you guys left the playoffs early, there was a thread opened and you, wos1 and others aired out some things you had seen during the year that bothered you.....nobody called for anything like hooks job, but there was more than one complaint on play calling, who was playing, etc etc....

this year, if there were negatives about going out early for you guys (to what many considered an upset) i missed it....just seemed like things were going underground.....i know the man has his name on the stadium,odds are he can probably stay as long as he wants.....one just never knows when it comes to how a community feels unless one asks......

but to be fair, using your argument, coldspring's record the previous 4 yrs that you quoted, 12-27 (31%)

you guys for the previous 4 yrs, 38-7 (84%)

ours went up from hell's pit (lol) 31% to 67%, up 216%

you guys was great as ever, but it did go down....84% to 80%....down slightly.....

one other thing you have to remember, in the last 7 years we have dismissed coaches after one year each that went 7-4 and 9-3, i know that says more negative about us than anything, but i've never lived in a school district with the success as you guys so i was asking how you guys look at it.....the question was "have any people locally calling for his job after the results of the last two years?", the harmless answer evidently is "not a word".....i didn't think it was offensive but i sure apologize if it was heard that way.....

and i think i worded it well enough to not presuppose a rumor, though two law enforcement friends in orange sure said otherwise, uninformed as they might be, i was hoping to bring it to the experts and i think i did......