PDA

View Full Version : Need a Definite Answer PLEASE!

MoveInDad
12-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Is the Rose Bowl obligated to take TCU THIS year, assuming Auburn and Oregon win this weekend? I keep reading they have to take a team from a non automatic qualifying conference within the next 4 years, leaving open the possibility that TCU gets passed over THIS year for Stanford...
Thanks

Txbroadcaster
12-02-2010, 12:07 PM
If TCU finishes in top 8 a BCS Bowl HAS TO TAKE them

Matthew328
12-02-2010, 12:13 PM
The only exception is if TCU goes to the MNC

crzyjournalist03
12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Is the Rose Bowl obligated to take TCU THIS year, assuming Auburn and Oregon win this weekend? I keep reading they have to take a team from a non automatic qualifying conference within the next 4 years, leaving open the possibility that TCU gets passed over THIS year for Stanford...
Thanks

yes...they have to if Oregon goes to the NC. The rules state that the FIRST year in the next four that the Rose Bowl loses a team to the NC, they MUST take the highest-seeded non-AQ.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

I'd love to see Ohio State somehow pass Wisconsin just so that TCU could literally slap the school in the face that said that teams like them don't belong in those games, but I don't think that there's any way Ohio State passes Wisconsin.

DDBooger
12-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If TCU finishes in top 8 a BCS Bowl HAS TO TAKE them I think it's top 4

DDBooger
12-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I'd love to see Ohio State somehow pass Wisconsin just so that TCU could literally slap the school in the face that said that teams like them don't belong in those games, but I don't think that there's any way Ohio State passes Wisconsin. LOL +1 the audacity to say that after what the Big 10 schools called non-conference play.

MoveInDad
12-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
yes...they have to if Oregon goes to the NC. The rules state that the FIRST year in the next four that the Rose Bowl loses a team to the NC, they MUST take the highest-seeded non-AQ.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

I'd love to see Ohio State somehow pass Wisconsin just so that TCU could literally slap the school in the face that said that teams like them don't belong in those games, but I don't think that there's any way Ohio State passes Wisconsin.
Got it, thanks for the link and the quick response... I think the site was down yesterday soon after I posted that and forgot to look until now.
cheers