PDA

View Full Version : Tashard Choice/Marion Barber

Txbroadcaster
12-02-2010, 09:08 AM
The fact Barber gets run out each week and fails is right now the only thing that worries me about Garrett moving forward.

I HOPE this week Barber does not play and Choice has a game like he did against Pitt back in 08.

Bullaholic
12-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The fact Barber gets run out each week and fails is right now the only thing that worries me about Garrett moving forward.

I HOPE this week Barber does not play and Choice has a game like he did against Pitt back in 08.

I agree--time to pick a Choice. (Been waiting a while say this :D).

I like what Marion Barber has done for the Cowboys. However, I think he has 100% heart and 85% body and I think that has been more of a problem over the last 2 seasons than the Cowboys and he are willing to admit. It is a known fact that any RB cannot crack heads with NFL defenses very long without paying a heavy injury price. Count Marion Barber as one more RB in that category.

Emerson1
12-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Barber was never really that good. He was a decent bruiser that came in when the defense was tired. There was one year where he was the worst in the league in converting 3rd and shorts. Wish Dallas would have traded him while they could.

GrTigers6
12-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Barber has turned into a sideline running back instead of the lower your head and get the first down kind of back that he use to be. So if he cant get back to that mode all the time then they need to make a different "Choice.":D
You know we could do this all day.:D

Pendragon13
12-02-2010, 11:57 AM
It's all about how they are used. If the Cowboys had followed my advice to alternate Jones/Choice for most of the first 2 1/2 quarters and then bring in Barber to pound on a tired defense.....the Boys might actually have a chance at a Superbowl home game this season.

Jerry won't return my calls.:mad:

AP Panther Fan
12-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I agree--time to pick a Choice. (Been waiting a while say this :D).

I like what Marion Barber has done for the Cowboys. However, I think he has 100% heart and 85% body and I think that has been more of a problem over the last 2 seasons than the Cowboys and he are willing to admit. It is a known fact that any RB cannot crack heads with NFL defenses very long without paying a heavy injury price. Count Marion Barber as one more RB in that category.

I need a smiley that has fingers in ears and says "lalalala...I can't hear you...."

;)

XtremeCouture
12-02-2010, 07:34 PM
marion barber was never a good running back. as someone previously mentioned, he only put up good numbers when he would rest the first half and come in during the second half against a tired defense. ever since he was given the starting job he has been a bust.

Kickin It
12-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Dumbest Dallas Cowboy play is when they run Barber on a sweep on 3rd and short and he loses 3 yards. Happens at least once a game. I throw something across the room everytime they do it!!

MustangFootball
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM
dallas has been known for their 3 headed monster at running back but never have known how to use them. i think they need to start choice as their primary back and work felix in as a third down back. choice is their best pass blocker and has the best hands and to me he's their best rusher he proved that in 08 against defense like NY giants,Pitsburge and baltimore ravens. on back to back to back weeks.

Txbroadcaster
12-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
Choice is their best pass blocker and has the best hands and to me he's their best rusher he proved that in 08 against defense like NY giants,Pitsburge and baltimore ravens. on back to back to back weeks.

Actually alot of the reasons why he is not playing more is he is TERRIBLE at blitz pick up AND he has not improved his pass catching ability

Eagle 1
12-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Dumbest Dallas Cowboy play is when they run Barber on a sweep on 3rd and short and he loses 3 yards. Happens at least once a game. I throw something across the room everytime they do it!!

Or a draw play at the goal line. :mad: