PDA

View Full Version : Is this new policy from the UIL?

WOS87
12-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Just heard and verified on the UIL site that subscription required internet sites will not be granted media credential access to the State Championship games...

Internet Sites
Requests will be considered on an individual basis.

The following Internet sites will not be granted credentials:

Personal page Internet site publishers

Agate Internet sites

Sites that do not produce original content on a daily basis will not be credentialed. Sites that do not update original content daily are up to the discretion of the UIL.

Paid subscription-based Internet sites

Internet sites associated in any way with the promotion of alcohol, tobacco, gambling, political election issues/candidates or lewd subject matter as determined by the UIL

Any other Internet site deemed in poor taste or not in compliance with the mission of Interscholastic athletics as determined by the UIL.

Click Here --->Official UIL Link (http://www.uiltexas.org/media/info/football-state-championships-media-policy)

That's gonna keep some big websites out

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Pardon my non-nerdiness, but what's an agate internet site?

sinton66
12-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Agate is systems that are wi-fi based, I think. I guess what they are saying is that a site must be based in normal internet hosts which make them easily traceable back to the source.

This could be a prelude to the UIL requiring standard internet access at these games that they can charge an access fee for. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

If all of these measures are implemented, 3ADL might be in a very good position.

Matthew328
12-02-2010, 11:52 AM
This not a new policy, I spoke to the UIL about this yesterday. Any sites that require a subscription for all content wont be granted crednetials. Partial subscription sites are allowed. Any sites that do not produce daily journlistic content are not allowed, (message boards not considered journalistic content), network recruiting sites (rivals/scout) not allowed.

Matthew328
12-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Man no one else wants to engage in media talk? LOL

Txbroadcaster
12-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

If all of these measures are implemented, 3ADL might be in a very good position.

No not really...Basically UIL is making it where a newspaper with a website or a TV station with a website will be only "websites" that get media passes to UIL State Title games

pirate4state
12-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Any sites that do not produce daily journlistic content are not allowed, (message boards not considered journalistic content) Guess I'll have to give up my 3ADL "press pass" that got me into the state track meet. :( LOL

Matthew328
12-02-2010, 05:04 PM
UIL is being very difficult....very

pirate4state
12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
UIL is being very difficult....very

NO!! :o LOL

Keith7
12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I thought they have gotten better this year (at least for newspaper people). I hated the whole "you gotta fax credential requests" thing they had before and am very grateful you can make requests online now. I give UIL props for that.

Keith7
12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Agate is systems that are wi-fi based, I think.

An agate Internet site might mean a site that has nothing but stats.

Matthew328
12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Got approved for my credentials today..celebrate good times.

SintonFan
12-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Just heard and verified on the UIL site that subscription required internet sites will not be granted media credential access to the State Championship games...

Internet Sites
Requests will be considered on an individual basis.

The following Internet sites will not be granted credentials:

Personal page Internet site publishers

Agate Internet sites

Sites that do not produce original content on a daily basis will not be credentialed. Sites that do not update original content daily are up to the discretion of the UIL.

Paid subscription-based Internet sites

Internet sites associated in any way with the promotion of alcohol, tobacco, gambling, political election issues/candidates or lewd subject matter as determined by the UIL

Any other Internet site deemed in poor taste or not in compliance with the mission of Interscholastic athletics as determined by the UIL.

Click Here --->Official UIL Link (http://www.uiltexas.org/media/info/football-state-championships-media-policy)

That's gonna keep some big websites out

I think these are just BIG WORDS for:
"We will do anything to keep Rocket out of the state title game!"
;)

kaorder1999
12-03-2010, 11:05 AM
matt...

is UIL having to approve or the stadium?

NateDawg39
12-03-2010, 11:14 AM
This is an outrage, how can they do this :mad:

I am assuming because it is new, that it is a bad thing of course :D

Matthew328
12-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
matt...

is UIL having to approve or the stadium?

All credential requests go through the UIL. They are asking for documentation of content etc. For example since I am a website, I had to send in proof of daily content.