View Full Version : Leach to FSU?

3afan
12-01-2010, 06:21 PM
heard his name was mentioned ...

SWMustang
12-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
heard his name was mentioned ...

Florida State? I think they're quite happy with Jimbo Fisher. His name is circling for the U job in Miami.

3afan
12-01-2010, 06:37 PM
ya I meant Miami - my bad!

Tx Challenge
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
He might actually be a good fit in Miami

RoyceTTU
12-01-2010, 07:02 PM
He lives down there in Key west. Might be fitting.

RMAC
12-01-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't see how he gets a job anywhere. At the rate he sues people I doubt he'll ever coach in college again. I loved the guy when he was here; no baggage, no complaining, just 8-9 wins a year with a bowl appearance and the fanbase was happy. Now he seems to have more drama around him than a "Jersey Shore" episode. If I'm an AD at any school I'm definitely not looking for his number.

wildstangs
12-01-2010, 07:45 PM
His teams would win the ACC most years.

However, he was turned down in 2006 and with all the current drama surronding him I doubt Miami goes with a "risky" pick.

trojandad
12-01-2010, 07:55 PM
why would any university hire a future law suit when they decided to let him go? no chancellor wants leach bad enough to attach that liability to his name, for sure not for any coach less than, say, vince lombardi.....:D

RoyceTTU
12-01-2010, 07:55 PM
You all are right though. With the new suit against ESPN, I don't think it would be a good idea to sign on with a school or better yet a school sign on to him.

I think he is great and his lack of political correctness makes me like him better, but he could hurt Miami right now revenue wise. I couldn't imagine ESPN or any of its sister or brother stations playing one of his coached games.

SWMustang
12-01-2010, 08:28 PM
do you guys think Miami is a great job? I used to think it was but I'm not sure anymore. What great coaches want to go there?

OldNavy
12-01-2010, 08:47 PM
It might be a good fit for Leach. Do you really think ESPN would not cover a winning program that is fun to watch and sells advertising? The court will settle issues one way or the other. The winner and looser should go on with their lives.

Texas Tech football was interesting while he was there and I made a point of watching. If he can make another team interesting I will probably watch again.

wildstangs
12-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
do you guys think Miami is a great job? I used to think it was but I'm not sure anymore. What great coaches want to go there?

It has HUGE potential. Big money, Some of the best talent in the USA is in Florida, and they are in an easy conference.

LoboesWT
12-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Unique coaching figures have succeeded greatly at the U. Jimmy Johnson was not politically correct by any means. I think this would be a great fit, even with the law suit with ESPN. Publicity Good or Bad makes money these days. Imagine his Offense with the Athletes the U can attract, It would be record breaking.

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
With the new suit against ESPN,
I would be willing to bet money that was in the cards the entire time. The smart thing for ESPN to have done would have been to give Craig James a well-deserved vacation and NOT allow him to use it as his personal sounding board.

sinton66
12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Networks don't exactly get to determine what games they carry. The advertisers have an awful lot to say about that. Viewer audience share does too. Money talks.

Tx Challenge
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I would be willing to bet money that was in the cards the entire time. The smart thing for ESPN to have done would have been to give Craig James a well-deserved vacation and NOT allow him to use it as his personal sounding board.

DING DING DING, we have a winner. #$@# Craig... Just saying

OldNavy
12-01-2010, 11:17 PM
It is interesting that Texas Tech head coach Tommy Tuberville, who served as a graduate assistant during the 'Canes glory days of the 1980s has also been mentioned as a possibility. Maybe Leach could go back to tech!:D

NateDawg39
12-02-2010, 01:26 AM
I WONDER if Gary Patterson would take the job if offered?

Something tells me his name is going to be out in the open.

3afan
12-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
His teams would win the ACC most years.

LOL

crzyjournalist03
12-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I WONDER if Gary Patterson would take the job if offered?

Something tells me his name is going to be out in the open.

Gary Patterson is about to be the coach of the premier team in the Big East, which is an automatic qualifier for the BCS.

No reason he'd leave that job now.

wildstangs
12-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
LOL

You dont think so? He could pull in GREAT recruits to Miami (something he never was able to do at Lubbock) which would put up a ton of points. Who else is good in the ACC? Va Tech? Florida State?