PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs. Cameron/Tatum

Milk That Cow
12-01-2010, 11:07 AM
I know Brownwood is on track to earn a State Championship in 3A, but what if Cameron Yoe or Tatum were in 3A this year...

Would They Win??

Brownwood never led the entire game until they won on the final play against Cameron Yoe in the Championship Game of 7 on 7...

I've seen Cameron play three times and Tatum and Brownwood once...

Brownwood is a Great Team, but they are beatable...

Cameron Yoe and Tatum(if they are on) I think could do it...

Those would be some interesting ballgames we will never get to see....

hollywood
12-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Here we go again. Of course Brownwood is beatable. Any team is beatable. 7 on 7 is a totally different ball game than full contact 11 on 11. I think that throw and catch success does transfer over to full contact if you have the other piece of the pie. I haven't seen either Tatum nor Cameron so I couldn't give an honest opinion of either one. BUT, with that said, look at the power ratings, and that should tell you something.

Just based on strength of schedules, Brownwood would be favored by at least +20 if matched up with either Tatum or Cameron.

Tin Cup
12-01-2010, 11:54 AM
In 7on7 a 1A team could beat a 5A team.

Yoe beat Navasota. Congrats.

P.S. We ain't Navasota ;)

BwdLions
12-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I now have a headache. Thanks. :doh:

3afan
12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
BWD kills any 2A team

Milk That Cow
12-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
BWD kills any 2A team

In Basketball, heck I have no idea...

But in 2010 Football....

Brownwood would have all they can handle if Tatum or Cameron Yoe were on the schedule...

just sayin...

Tin Cup
12-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Well we are lucky we don't play them!!! Major bullet dodged there :rolleyes:

BaseballUmp
12-01-2010, 12:39 PM
You dang right you're lucky :D

Yoe_09
12-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Who knows, possibly...but it wont happen.

I am more worried about the Cameron Yoe/Tatum matchup.....anyone got any thoughts on that?

hollywood
12-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Who knows, possibly...but it wont happen.

I am more worried about the Cameron Yoe/Tatum matchup.....anyone got any thoughts on that?

I know Yoe is really good. What does Tatum bring to the table? Are they mainly run, pass, or balanced?

Yoe_09
12-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
I know Yoe is really good. What does Tatum bring to the table? Are they mainly run, pass, or balanced?

They are going to run the ball 75 percent of the time. They will flip out a few short passes but they are a run heavy team. They have 2 good RB and a good mobile QB.

Rocket
12-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I know Brownwood is on track to earn a State Championship in 3A, but what if Cameron Yoe or Tatum were in 3A this year...

Would They Win??

Brownwood never led the entire game until they won on the final play against Cameron Yoe in the Championship Game of 7 on 7...

What weaknesses were you able to decipher from watching Brownwood?

This should be interesting....also be prepared to back it up with more than your "football expert" opinion.

MajorApplehorn
12-01-2010, 01:59 PM
7 on 7 is not real football.

Rocket
12-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by MajorApplehorn
7 on 7 is not real football.

I think Brownwood proved that when they hung 42 on Gatesville in the first half.

Milk That Cow
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
What weaknesses were you able to decipher from watching Brownwood?

I will answer in two ways...

Weakness ...

Offensively Not Much. Great Receivers, Good Quarterback, the goal should be to limit their output because you can't stop it. If you can keep them around 30 points you have done enough to Beat Brownwood...

Defensively - This is where you can Beat Brownwood. Ball Control/Play Action/Multiple Offense can put some points on the Board against them and shorten the game...

It seems Monahans has a potential formula to beat them, but you have to have some athletes to match up with them and I don't know if they do...

Brownwood "overwhelms" teams quickly so you gotta get an early lead...

BTW, has anybody tried and 8/3 with the nose tackle dropping in coverage on passing downs?

RoyceTTU
12-01-2010, 02:54 PM

BTW, has anybody tried and 8/3 with the nose tackle dropping in coverage on passing downs?

Those that have seen Brownwood, please define a "passing down". 1,2,3,4 ?

How bout defining a running down? 1,2,3,4?

If you've seen the team much there isn't much consistancy in when they run/pass the ball.

As for 8/3, not sure if you meant 3/8? Wylie tried some wierd formation I had never seen before, 1 nose tackle and all linebackers. Our QB said it suprised him and took him a few downs to adjust. After that he was like clockwork again.

RoyceTTU
12-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Okay, I googled 8-3 defense. I don't believe so. And after quickly reading and looking at formations, i'm not sure that would be good with 3 and 4 WR sets. I might be wrong though.

Rocket
12-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I will answer in two ways...

Weakness ...

Offensively Not Much. Great Receivers, Good Quarterback, the goal should be to limit their output because you can't stop it. If you can keep them around 30 points you have done enough to Beat Brownwood...

Defensively - This is where you can Beat Brownwood. Ball Control/Play Action/Multiple Offense can put some points on the Board against them and shorten the game...

It seems Monahans has a potential formula to beat them, but you have to have some athletes to match up with them and I don't know if they do...

Brownwood "overwhelms" teams quickly so you gotta get an early lead...

So you are saying that where you beat Brownwood is on defense? LOL What warrants that bullcrap?

BROWNWOOD LIONS 2010 TEAM DEFENSE (so far)
198 points (15.2 per game)
3,673 total yards (282.6 per game)
1,744 passing yards (134.2 per game)
1,929 rushing yards (148.4 per game)
79 penalties for 621 yards
61 punts for 1,769 yards, 29.0 average
67 Tackles for Loss
32 Sacks
43 Turnovers (29 interceptions, 14 fumbles)

How you like the turnovers stat? :D

CenTexSports
12-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Any discussion about your coach being recruited for the Temple job?

bwdlionfan
12-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Any discussion about your coach being recruited for the Temple job?

Not that I've heard. Temple tried to get our coach about 7-10 years ago though.

cowboyandchrist
12-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
BWD kills any 2A team
I dont know who would win between Brownwood and Tatum. We are the second fastest team in East Texas, I believe Chapel Hill is faster. We have given up 0 points in the playoffs on Defense and are scoring 50 a game. We palyed five 3a teams in non district and beat them all. We are as good as the 06 and 07 teams, but may not be as good as the state champ 05 team. Brownwood I think is above anyone in 3A this year except maybe Chapel Hill. I have given Rocket a hard time about East Texas speed, but Brownwood maybe unbeatable this year. I do not know if we could beat them or not. I do know if we played the score would be in the 60's for both teams. We can score on anybody. I will end saying I hope Carthage makes it to and beats Brownwood. If they don't I will pull for Brownwood to win the championship.
We will have our hands full with The Yoe Saturday. Another team that maybe better than us or the Yoe. (Dangerfield has 6 D1 PLAYERS)

CenTexSports
12-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Article on Temple vacancy with suggestion about BW coach.

http://www.tdtnews.com/story/2010/12/01/70600

trojandad
12-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
We are the second fastest team in East Texas, I believe Chapel Hill is faster.

well we'll take our "slower" boys and see how far they can go....(THAT WAS A FUNNY POST).....

UPanIN
12-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
well we'll take our "slower" boys and see how far they can go....(THAT WAS A FUNNY POST).....

We all know fast is important but fast & quick that's the thing that beats you.:evilgrin:

Rocket
12-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I gues Milk that Cow is busy milking his cow.

bobcat1
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I gues Milk that Cow is busy milking his cow. That would have been a great name for you on this forum. Too bad it was taken.:p

Rocket
12-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
We all know fast is important but fast & quick that's the thing that beats you.:evilgrin:

Speed kills. Speed and execution win. ie. Brownwood.

skins4life
12-01-2010, 09:17 PM
If, if and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. It doesn't happen this year, in 3A, who gives a big pile of C - - -. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

bigwood33
12-01-2010, 09:52 PM

Would They Win??

MTC, I hate to burst your bubble, and I can't speak to any questions about Tatum, but I was at the CY v EC game last Friday night. I think that CY has a very nice team but would finish no better than 4th in 9- 3A and I am not too sure that they could beat Pilot Point (our 4th place team). The offensive and defensive lines are just too small. The QB is very good and the skill kids are good but you are kidding yourself if you think that CY would be making this type of run in 3A. As to your question about Brownwood, I have seen them play 2 times and cannot imagine how CY would stay within 48.

Rocket
12-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
MTC, I hate to burst your bubble, and I can't speak to any questions about Tatum, but I was at the CY v EC game last Friday night. I think that CY has a very nice team but would finish no better than 4th in 9- 3A and I am not too sure that they could beat Pilot Point (our 4th place team). The offensive and defensive lines are just too small. The QB is very good and the skill kids are good but you are kidding yourself if you think that CY would be making this type of run in 3A. As to your question about Brownwood, I have seen them play 2 times and cannot imagine how CY would stay within 48.

Oh snap....:eek:

garciap77
12-01-2010, 10:45 PM

Would They Win??

Brownwood would be either by 50+ points!:D

Rabid Cougar
12-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Having actually witnessed both teams play ( BW and Cameron) and I will say with confidence that Cameron has the players to match BW. Cameron is almost a mirror image of BW in size,speed and talent.

Offense - Cameron's QB is the better passer. I would say BW's QB is their key to success and is the better runner. Receivers are pretty much the same, Very good!(Shipley had 1 catch for 9 yards the game I saw but am aware of his reputation ) O-Lines are average size but very athletic. BW may have the edge at RB.
Both score VERY quickly from any point on the field.

Defense - Both extremely fast and and hard hitting and create lots of turnovers utilizing these factors. This along with their quick strike offenses put their opponents in the hole very quickly.

Both teams suit out the same number of players (+/- 2 or 3 due to injuries)

Not to say that Cameron would beat BW or BW would blow Cameron out. It would be a very entertaining game for sure.

Yoe_09
12-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Having actually witnessed both teams play ( BW and Cameron) and I will say with confidence that Cameron has the players to match BW. Cameron is almost a mirror image of BW in size,speed and talent.

Offense - Cameron's QB is the better passer. I would say BW's QB is their key to success and is the better runner. Receivers are pretty much the same, Very good!(Shipley had 1 catch for 9 yards the game I saw but am aware of his reputation ) O-Lines are average size but very athletic. BW may have the edge at RB.

Defense - Both extremely fast and and hard hitting and create lots of turnovers utilizing these factors. This along with their quick strike offenses put their opponents in the hole very quickly.

Not to say that Cameron would beat BW or BW would blow Cameron out. It would be a very entertaining game for sure.

What games have you seen us in this year?....just curious.

cowboyandchrist
12-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
Coldslowsprings would get the spanking of there life if they played Tatum. We will see how you do this weekend. If you can't run with them, you can't beat them. Our D would be in your back field all night. Your QB would be very sore the next day along with your tailbacks. Our three headed monster would run over and around your D.

Milk That Cow
12-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33

big wood,

From many reports, The Yoe played the worst game they played all year against EC...

They held out their best ball player(#17) after the first offensive snap when he turned his ankle...

#17 is on the same level as Jaxson Shipley...

As a matter of fact offensively, at least half of their players would start for Brownwood...

2 Receivers, Running Back, 2-3 OL, with the QB position a toss-up...

I could go on...

But, to say they would have finished 4th???

Come On Man!!!

Cameron Yoe would have made Brownwood's Fans hyper-venilate with nervous excitement/exhaustion trying to figure out if they would have had enough points on the scoreboard to say they "won"....

If it wasn't for the UIL, y'all would have been singing like Travis Tritt...

Cause Cameron Yoe would have been T-R-O-U-B-L-E for the wood...

I'm Just Sayin...

Milk That Cow
12-01-2010, 11:45 PM

Thank You Rabid Cougar...

You are a Wise Man amongst the masses....

Rabid Cougar
12-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
What games have you seen us in this year?....just curious.

Scrimmage against China Spring and the Marlin game in Cameron.

Milk That Cow
12-01-2010, 11:50 PM
So you are saying that where you beat Brownwood is on defense? LOL What warrants that bullcrap?

BROWNWOOD LIONS 2010 TEAM DEFENSE (so far)
198 points (15.2 per game)
3,673 total yards (282.6 per game)
1,744 passing yards (134.2 per game)
1,929 rushing yards (148.4 per game)
79 penalties for 621 yards
61 punts for 1,769 yards, 29.0 average
67 Tackles for Loss
32 Sacks
43 Turnovers (29 interceptions, 14 fumbles)

How you like the turnovers stat? :D

Rocket,

Y'all have played a little above the cupcake/creampuff schedule...

Now if y'all were in Region 3 and had played some of the East/Central Texas Teams...

Those stats you have now, WOULD BE INFLATED LIKE A BALLOON...

I'm Just Saying....

hollywood
12-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Bridgeport would school Yoe! Let's just get real and put things in perspective there cowboy. Bridgeport has a very explosive offense and great defense in any 3A district in the state. Good try.

hollywood
12-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Rocket,

Now if y'all were in Region 3 and had played some of the East/Central Texas Teams...

I'm Just Saying....

Lol! Obviously you haven't been keeping up with Brownwood. Stephenville, Bridgeport cupcake??? WOW.

Would you be surprised if Stephenville knocks off #1 Aledo this Friday?

Milk That Cow
12-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Lol! Obviously you haven't been keeping up with Brownwood. Stephenville, Bridgeport cupcake??? WOW.

Would you be surprised if Stephenville knocks off #1 Aledo this Friday?

Stephenville and Bridgeport are Good Teams...

Everybody else on the schedule...

Not That Good...

And I would be SHOCKED if Stephenville beats Aledo...

hollywood
12-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Stephenville and Bridgeport are Good Teams...

Everybody else on the schedule...

Not That Good...

And I would be SHOCKED if Stephenville beats Aledo...

I will tell you this. I've seen Aledo and Stephenville multiple times this season, and today, Brownwood would beat both by at least 21 points. All the other so called "cupcakes"(milk the cow said it) like China Spring, Llano, All-Saints, Big Spring, Sweetwater, Gatesville, Graham, Iowa Park, Borger, Abilene Wylie, that Brownwood has played this season, the starters came out early in the 3rd qtr. You are clueless!

**Iowa Park, starters stayed in most of the game. BW 88 IP 20

Rocket
12-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Rocket,

I'm Just Saying....

Played a little above a cupcake schedule and knocking on the state record in points scored in the history of Texas High School Football. I see your point. Not.

LIONS#1
12-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Just sayin...:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: LMAO!!!

BaseballUmp
12-02-2010, 12:46 PM
What do you know Lions#1 hahaha

LIONS#1
12-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Now this is a cupcake schedule!!! Brownwood would destroy all of these teams.. Tatum will own the Yoe and Brownwood would own Tatum!! That is all!!!

\Just sayin

8/27/10
7:30 PM
9:30 PM @ Connally (Waco, TX)
Box Score
9/03/10
9:30 PM La Vega (Waco, TX)
Box Score
9/10/10
9:30 PM Rockdale (Rockdale, TX)
Box Score
9/17/10
9:30 PM @ Navasota (Navasota, TX)
Box Score
9/24/10
9:30 PM @ Hearne (Hearne, TX) *
Box Score
10/01/10
9:30 PM Marlin (Marlin, TX) *
Box Score
10/08/10
9:30 PM @ McGregor (McGregor, TX) *
Box Score
10/15/10
9:30 PM Little River Academy (Little River, TX) *
Box Score
10/22/10
9:30 PM @ Florence (Florence, TX) *
Box Score
11/05/10
9:30 PM Troy (Troy, TX) *
Box Score
11/19/10
9:30 PM @ Newton (Newton, TX) ***
View Bracket: 2010 Texas High School Football Playoff Brackets
Box Score
11/26/10
9:30 PM @ East Chambers (Winnie, TX) ***
View Bracket: 2010 Texas High School Football Playoff Brackets
Box Score
12/04/10
7:00 PM
9:00 PM @ Tatum (Tatum, TX) ***
View Bracket: 2010 Texas High School Football Playoff
:D :D

LIONS#1
12-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Tatum's
LMAO except for Gilmer who have they played?? Argyle destroyed Gilmer!!

8/27/10
TBA
2 hour event Diboll (Diboll, TX) 52-13 (W)
Box Score
9/03/10
9:30 PM @ Gilmer (Gilmer, TX) 47-41 (W)
Box Score
9/10/10
9:30 PM @ Atlanta (Atlanta, TX)
Box Score
9/24/10
TBA
2 hour event @ Pittsburg (Pittsburg, TX) 41-17 (W)
Box Score
10/01/10
TBA
2 hour event Bullard (Bullard, TX) 42-19 (W)
Box Score
10/08/10
9:30 PM Harmony (Big Sandy, TX) * 41-6 (W)
Box Score
10/15/10
TBA
2 hour event Sabine (Gladewater, TX) * 54-0 (W)
Box Score
10/22/10
TBA
2 hour event @ New Diana (Diana, TX) * 58-14 (W)
Box Score
10/29/10
9:30 PM Jefferson (Jefferson, TX) * 34-12 (W)
Box Score
11/05/10
TBA
2 hour event @ White Oak (White Oak, TX) * 49-28 (W)
Box Score
11/20/10
9:00 PM Marlin (Marlin, TX) ***
View Bracket: 2010 Texas High School Football Playoff Brackets 56-0 (W)
Box Score
11/27/10
9:30 PM Crockett (Crockett, TX) ***
View Bracket: 2010 Texas High School Football Playoff Brackets 49-7 (W)
Box Score
12/04/10
9:00 PM Cameron Yoe (Cameron, TX) ***

LIONS#1
12-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Again...Just sayin...:stirpot: :stirpot: :1popcorn: :taunt: :wave: :crazy:

bigwood33
12-02-2010, 02:50 PM
big wood,

From many reports, The Yoe played the worst game they played all year against EC...

They held out their best ball player(#17) after the first offensive snap when he turned his ankle...

#17 is on the same level as Jaxson Shipley...

As a matter of fact offensively, at least half of their players would start for Brownwood...

2 Receivers, Running Back, 2-3 OL, with the QB position a toss-up...

I could go on...

But, to say they would have finished 4th???

Come On Man!!!

Cameron Yoe would have made Brownwood's Fans hyper-venilate with nervous excitement/exhaustion trying to figure out if they would have had enough points on the scoreboard to say they "won"....

If it wasn't for the UIL, y'all would have been singing like Travis Tritt...

Cause Cameron Yoe would have been T-R-O-U-B-L-E for the wood...

I'm Just Sayin...

We will just have to agree to disagree since there will be no way to know for sure. I will say this however, last season I went to the Arp v Kirbyville game that was played at SHSU. Arp was ranked number 1 and K'ville either number 2 or 3 in 2A which K'ville won going away. My boys, 2 sons, I all agreed that neither team could stay on the field with Pilot Point and that was proven when PP beat K'ville by 2 TD's. I predicted as much on the 2A website and was widely ridiculed for my "ignorance". I was proven right. I am telling you that if CY played PP (4th place in 9-3A) 5 times, PP would win 3 or 4. Anything is possible once.

Milk That Cow
12-05-2010, 05:03 PM
After watching last night's Ball Game between Tatum and Cameorn Yoe...

Tatum wouldn't have much of a chance against Brownwood...

Cameron Yoe would be a toss up against Brownwood, if #17 is healthy...

just my opinion...

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2010, 06:05 PM
After watching last night's Ball Game between Tatum and Cameorn Yoe...

Tatum wouldn't have much of a chance against Brownwood...

Cameron Yoe would be a toss up against Brownwood, if #17 is healthy...

just my opinion...

BW is VERY familiar with 17.

bigYoe
12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
BW is VERY familiar with 17.

It took me a minute, but yea i forgot about the 7 on 7 championship. DD pretty much did whatever he wanted. No, 7 on 7 isnt the complete football experience but as someone that has seen both teams play, I can honestly say that we would NOT get blown out by BW. Oh, and NO we were not "owned" by Tatum. 35-14 CY I actually believe it was the other way around.

cameronyoe
12-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Yes they are very aware of #17. Any one of you Bwood fans can go ask Jaxson about his opinion of #17 from the Yoemen and come back and tell us what he says. If I'm not mistaken, I witnessed Jordan walk up to him after the 7 on 7 State Championship and praise him for how good he was. I hope he can get back onto the field this week for the Yoemen, but if not I sure hope he can get healthy for the State Championship game as the Yoemen will have their hands full with Daingerfield. Good luck to Bwood this week. You guys will have your hands full as well, but I did indeed pick you to win. Hopefully yall and us can both win state and show every team out there just how important 7 on 7 is to preparing your team for the upcoming season. I think it will change the opinion of 7 on 7 for lots of people!!