PDA

View Full Version : 3A Softball

3afan
12-01-2010, 07:52 AM
got my first regular season game for 2011 and its 3A ... Byron Nelson @ North Forney :p

my first scrimmage in mid-Feb is also @ NFHS v. Terrell ... coooooold!!!

NastySlot
12-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
got my first regular season game for 2011 and its 3A ... Byron Nelson @ North Forney :p

my first scrimmage in mid-Feb is also @ NFHS v. Terrell ... coooooold!!!

you coach, fan or parent?............I love fastpitch....will keep you in mind when talking softball on the board.

3afan
12-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
you coach, fan or parent?............I love fastpitch....will keep you in mind when talking softball on the board.

i'm an umpire ...

YTBulldogs
12-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i'm an umpire ...

I officiate SB too. Was a baseball ump for many years. Then, I got tired watching the SB umps leaving as my baseball game was going into the 3rd inning. For $5 less a game, not nearly the arguing, short games---it was a no brainer switching over. Plus, to me---the games are more exciting than baseball. Football and softball is all I do now.

rangerjim60
12-01-2010, 09:52 AM
This will be my first year umping HS softball. Can't wait!

NastySlot
12-01-2010, 10:05 AM
could luck to all you umps.

3afan
12-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
This will be my first year umping HS softball. Can't wait!

cool - any questions just holler

what chapter are you in?

YTBulldogs
12-01-2010, 10:23 AM
It's a blast Jim. You'll love it.

rangerjim60
12-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Wise, Collin and NW Grayson. That's UIL - trying to figure out this whole UIL/TASO thing. Mentor has me waiting to see how this all falls out before joinming TASO. Have been doing District 13 rec leagues/tournies for a couple of years around the area. Wanted to move on up. Did HS fall ball in Denton this year. Loved it.

AP Panther Fan
12-02-2010, 06:09 PM
This thread reminded me of a home game last season. All of the "Moms" would sit together and do the normal cheering and yelling of "what's up, blue" etc..... you know, just being the average pain-in-the-butt fans.

After 3 or 4 innings, there was an unfamiliar face in our area and one of the Moms asked the lady who she was their to support.

Her answer was "my son, he's the umpire".....we were all very quiet for a moment, then cracked up laughing and sorta apologized for any bad behavior. Needless to say, we made no further comments on the ump's calls, made a new friend and had a good laugh!:D

BwdLion_80
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Already scheduled??? I am our assignor and I don't even have all the schedules back from the coaches yet!:thinking:

3afan
12-02-2010, 07:00 PM
yeah I've had scrimmage schedule for a few weeks, should get full season by next week

man you gotta lay down the law to those coaches!

BwdLion_80
12-02-2010, 08:06 PM
2 emails and several personal contacts don't seem to be doing the trick. Our schools are way to spread out to visit all of them personally. I will send out another email this weekend.

BwdZebra38
12-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
2 emails and several personal contacts don't seem to be doing the trick. Our schools are way to spread out to visit all of them personally. I will send out another email this weekend.

Crack the whip, Dad, I am ready to hang the stripes up, get off the court and get behind the plate!! I am ready for some softball!

ccmom
12-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Already scheduled??? I am our assignor and I don't even have all the schedules back from the coaches yet!:thinking:

Hey 80...

I was trying to remember how many of the Brownwood girls from last year were seniors? I think the ace pitcher (Sydney Law if I remember right) was only a freshman last year, right? That head coach did an amazing job with those girls last year after she stepped in. :clap: I was just wondering if you know how many of those girls will be returning? I bet your participation numbers go up after last years season.

I'm ready for some softball, too!:clap:

Looking4number8
12-02-2010, 08:52 PM
only one senior last last year and that was the 1st baseman..err 1st basegirl

ccmom
12-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
only one senior last last year and that was the 1st baseman..err 1st basegirl

Thanks, Gramps!! Sounds like those girls will be ready to roll again.

Wylie lost 3 seniors...pitcher, third base, and catcher (although she moved to shortstop for the the last half of the season). Those are some big holes to fill but I like our chances! ;) :clap:

Looking4number8
12-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Laws will be a sophomore and the other picther will be a senior, she has been very good on varsity since her freshman year also. We should be strong again, hopefully this year we will have moe than 10 girls and maybe even a JV.

zebrablue2
12-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
I officiate SB too. Was a baseball ump for many years. Then, I got tired watching the SB umps leaving as my baseball game was going into the 3rd inning. For $5 less a game, not nearly the arguing, short games---it was a no brainer switching over. Plus, to me---the games are more exciting than baseball. Football and softball is all I do now.

myself included!!!!

BaseballUmp
12-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Well my screen name won't be changing lol