PDA

View Full Version : Cable Sports Subscriptions?

Bullaholic
11-29-2010, 08:10 PM
For all you multi-game enthusiasts, how does Red Zone, NFL Sunday Ticket, or any of the others work for you? Anybody tried them with a Sling Box?

Keith7
11-29-2010, 09:11 PM
I have Sunday Ticket and had MLB Extra Innings.. They both are awesome. Though if you don't have an out of town NFL team, Redzone will do fine..

Tx Challenge
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
I cant say about all the Sports Packages, but I use a slingbox and absolutely love it. I watch games all the time on it.

The good..... I can watch all my DVR recordings, live tv and even program my DVR. Also you can watch pay per view.

The bad. It isnt really HD quality. Very good though. The other neg is you have to have high speed internet on both ends. I have mine hard wired at home and I use wireless pretty much everywhere on the receiving end.

The Slingbox is one of the best things I have bought. It works flawless.

GrTigers6
11-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I have Sunday Ticket and had MLB Extra Innings.. They both are awesome. Though if you don't have an out of town NFL team, Redzone will do fine.. Got to make sure you get your Cowboys games huh Keith? :D :D

pirate4state
11-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
For all you multi-game enthusiasts, how does Red Zone, NFL Sunday Ticket, or any of the others work for you? Anybody tried them with a Sling Box? I LOVE, LOVE my RZCHD AND my Sunday Ticket. :inlove: :inlove:

I've never heard of Sling Box?!?! Probably don't want to either if it means shelling out more $$$. :D

Tx Challenge
11-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I LOVE, LOVE my RZCHD AND my Sunday Ticket. :inlove: :inlove:

I've never heard of Sling Box?!?! Probably don't want to either if it means shelling out more $$$. :D

A Sling Box is a device that hooks into your tuner box that allows you to control and watch your tv from your computer thru the internet. The cost for a single one that hooks into 1 device is around $175. There are no additional cost after that.

LoboesWT
11-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
A Sling Box is a device that hooks into your tuner box that allows you to control and watch your tv from your computer thru the internet. The cost for a single one that hooks into 1 device is around $175. There are no additional cost after that.

Redzone works great for me. Do you get the Sling Box from Direct TV or like a best buy?

Tx Challenge
11-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Redzone works great for me. Do you get the Sling Box from Direct TV or like a best buy?

I got mine at Fry's but yes, it is something you buy at a retail store. The main thing is they hook into a cable/sat box. I have Uverse. The entire setup is really simple...

Yoe_09
11-30-2010, 11:32 AM
I have gotten the MLB Extra Innings for the last 3 years now. You can watch any out of market game and I think its worth the price.