PDA

View Full Version : Another Brownwood bandwagon fan...

Looking4number8
11-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Dont guess I can blame the old guy!

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/decoratingchristmas021.jpg

95mustang
11-29-2010, 07:15 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Sweetwater Red
11-29-2010, 07:22 PM
When I first saw the pic I was going to say don't be surprised to see Santa in a green suit
Friday. Then I noticed the Santa in your pic is green. Santa isn't green. :confused:

Trashman
11-29-2010, 07:23 PM
I think I recognize that roof.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Dont guess I can blame the old guy!

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/decoratingchristmas021.jpg

:thumbsup:

tex_male
11-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
When I first saw the pic I was going to say don't be surprised to see Santa in a green suit
Friday. Then I noticed the Santa in your pic is green. Santa isn't green. :confused:

I was just now looking for a picture of Santa in his green suit :D He was at half time Vs Snyder

Sweetwater Red
11-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
I was just now looking for a picture of Santa in his green suit :D He was at half time Vs Snyder

He was also at the quarter-final game y'all played in back in 2005. Come to think of it y'all
were 13-0 then too. Do you need a reminder of the final score of that game? :taunt:

I still remember that kid playing "Monahans 13 and 0" on the drums at halftime. I loved it. :clap:

tex_male
11-29-2010, 08:45 PM
He was also at the quarter-final game y'all played in back in 2005. Come to think of it y'all
were 13-0 then too. Do you need a reminder of the final score of that game? :taunt:

I still remember that kid playing "Monahans 13 and 0" on the drums at halftime. I loved it. :clap:

Yes the band it at it again.

I remember the game. I was still living in Sugar Land in 2005 and had called the boss sick while in the stadium parking lot. LOL :D

Sweetwater Red
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM

I remember the game. I was still living in Sugar Land in 2005 and had called the boss sick while in the stadium parking lot. LOL :D

Nice!

tex_male
11-29-2010, 09:06 PM

Let me clarify before someone on here twist what I typed.

I called in sick to my boss before the start of the game. :D

garciap77
11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Let me clarify before someone on here twist what I typed.

I called in sick to my boss before the start of the game. :D

Are you drinking?:D

themsu97
11-30-2010, 09:51 AM
not a bandwagon fan, but I was able to get some game film on Brownwood and watch a few of their games this year...
Jaxon Shipley is by far head and shoulders above EVERYONE else on the field, including his Brownwood teammates...
take him off the field, Brownwood is a good team but nowhere near the elite team they are with him on it...

I have met Jordan on several occasions and if Jaxon carries himself with half the class that Jordan has, then the Shipleys have done a superb job of raising those two boys...
Jordan is a class act second to none...

hollywood
11-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
not a bandwagon fan, but I was able to get some game film on Brownwood and watch a few of their games this year...
Jaxon Shipley is by far head and shoulders above EVERYONE else on the field, including his Brownwood teammates...
take him off the field, Brownwood is a good team but nowhere near the elite team they are with him on it...

I have met Jordan on several occasions and if Jaxon carries himself with half the class that Jordan has, then the Shipleys have done a superb job of raising those two boys...
Jordan is a class act second to none...

From what I've seen, he does. Very respectful.

themsu97
11-30-2010, 10:09 AM
I met Jaxon briefly, just in passing and being introduced, when he was a freshman, very quiet like most freshman so I could not get a feel...
Met Jordan like I said several times as well as McGee.. the two were always very classy, very talkative, very funny, and very humble...
left every time being more impressed than I was the previous time

RoyKnowsMyName!
11-30-2010, 02:13 PM
My mom's family grew up in Burnet, so we'd always visit over the summer, Bob was a good friend of my uncle when they where growing up- and yes they have done a good job with those kids. I can remember playing catch with Jaxon on the court at half time of a basketball game jordan was playing in- i remember thinking its not fair a nine year old can run and catch like that. I'd throw it 30 feet to the side of him and he'd go and randy moss it then drag his feet before stepping over the line- AT NINE YEARS OLD. That is a talented family

hollywood
11-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Short and sweet. I watched a 7 on 7 tourney over the summer where Brownwood was playing a Waco school. A friend and I were on the the sideline standing about 5 yds away behind 2 ladies that were sitting in lawn chairs. The play was a swing out pass to Jaxon to our side of the field and Jaxon was trying to get to the first down cone and did. As he accelerated to the sideline, a defender collided with him and they both went flying and crashing into the 2 ladies sitting in front of us full speed. Jaxon got up with a scrapped up arm, and didn't check himself until after he made sure the ladies were alright. He literally got up and asked both of them if they were OK and made them answer him back in assurance that they were OK before he even checked himself over. The sincerity he had towards those ladies defined the kind of character he has. That speeks volumes in the job the Shipley's have done with the rasing of thier children.

Emerson1
11-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Who wouldn't do that?

RoyceTTU
11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Who wouldn't do that?

Uh?....IDK....You maybe? :doh: :doh: :doh: :D

hollywood
11-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Who wouldn't do that?

Well I guess for arguments sake.

tex_male
11-30-2010, 04:08 PM

http://www.mwpisd.esc18.net/mhs/Band/10_11/half_time_pics/regional11_26/HV2G0349--.jpg

tex_male
11-30-2010, 04:09 PM

http://www.mwpisd.esc18.net/mhs/Band/10_11/half_time_pics/regional11_26/HV2G0341--.jpg

BwdLion73
11-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Well I know at least 3 guys that are going to miss a half time A-- chewing plus the adjustments!

:thinking: :D :D :D

RoyceTTU
11-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Well I know at least 3 guys that are going to miss a half time A-- chewing plus the adjustments!

LOL:fnypost:

hollywood
11-30-2010, 04:13 PM

:clap:

bwdaggie
11-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Who wouldn't do that?

i don't understand why you would ask this...i mean are you so much of a BWD hater that you argue with whether the young man has exceptional character? maybe in such cases in the future you could just SHUT UP MAN!

tex_male
11-30-2010, 04:16 PM

Those kids you see are JV players. The JV travel with the Varsity during playoffs

Jauch
11-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Actually I think thats coach in the green suit

Tin Cup
11-30-2010, 05:21 PM
It's monahans defensive coordinator

HAHAHA

tex_male
11-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
It's monahans defensive coordinator

HAHAHA

So after the game you sat on his lap and told him what you wanted for Christmas..... :D :clap: :D

hollywood
11-30-2010, 05:28 PM
So after the game you sat on his lap and told him what you wanted for Christmas..... :D :clap: :D

:fnypost:

wimbo_pro
11-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Short and sweet. I watched a 7 on 7 tourney over the summer where Brownwood was playing a Waco school. A friend and I were on the the sideline standing about 5 yds away behind 2 ladies that were sitting in lawn chairs. The play was a swing out pass to Jaxon to our side of the field and Jaxon was trying to get to the first down cone and did. As he accelerated to the sideline, a defender collided with him and they both went flying and crashing into the 2 ladies sitting in front of us full speed. Jaxon got up with a scrapped up arm, and didn't check himself until after he made sure the ladies were alright. He literally got up and asked both of them if they were OK and made them answer him back in assurance that they were OK before he even checked himself over. The sincerity he had towards those ladies defined the kind of character he has. That speeks volumes in the job the Shipley's have done with the rasing of thier children.

I know people who know the Shipleys, and I hear much the same thing....great family, great values, good people. It's nice to see the "good guys" do well.

Tin Cup
11-30-2010, 06:52 PM

In the words of my mom, "you might outta ask for her hand in marriage before Friday" lol

Rocket
11-30-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.mwpisd.esc18.net/mhs/Band/10_11/half_time_pics/regional11_26/HV2G0349--.jpg

I knew DaHop was a busy man, but sheesh...

tex_male
11-30-2010, 07:31 PM
In the words of my mom, "you might outta ask for her hand in marriage before Friday" lol

I know you want some green paw print shorts :cool:

tex_male
11-30-2010, 07:33 PM

I am going to take a pair over to their house and tell them you asked for them :D

Tin Cup
11-30-2010, 07:34 PM

Only if they say never back down in pink letters lol

tex_male
11-30-2010, 07:35 PM

ha ha ha ha ha

hollywood
11-30-2010, 07:36 PM

WOW! :eek:

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Yep that's him I still remember the Bridgeport fans booing him at Mustang Bowl and then
ours doing the same a week later. :D

Emerson1
12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
i don't understand why you would ask this...i mean are you so much of a BWD hater that you argue with whether the young man has exceptional character? maybe in such cases in the future you could just SHUT UP MAN!
Because Brownwood fan's are acting like he is the second coming of Jesus because he did what any normal human being would do. Or is it Brownwood isn't accustomed to players with class seeing as how they have been involved in personal foul controversies multiple times this season?

BwdLion73
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Because Brownwood fan's are acting like he is the second coming of Jesus because he did what any normal human being would do. Or is it Brownwood isn't accustomed to players with class seeing as how they have been involved in personal foul controversies multiple times this season?

Theres that religious connotation again!

:eek: :stirpot:

Looking4number8
12-01-2010, 05:57 PM

So what you are saying is we should only talk about kids like the Waco kid that got in trouble, the Cooper kids that got in trouble and the Wimberly kid that got into trouble and not be proud of one that does the right thing... We should keep good news about good kids to ourself? I dont think I want to live like that but you feel free to go ahead and give it a shot.