PDA

View Full Version : North Forney coaching changeH

Emerson1
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Head coach Hank Semler was removed from his AD position and is now teaching history and assisting the Forney HS soccer coach. Reading on rivals it just seems like he was in over his head. He didn't have any HC experience at the varsity level. There were grumblings from parents all season.

Ernest T Bass
11-29-2010, 01:33 PM
He didn't have any high school coaching experience period.

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
It was a strange hire to begin with...and a strange end that he makes the play offs with a new school and still is removed

Emerson1
11-29-2010, 01:37 PM
There were complaints about him all season from parents. I know this is typical from parents, but a lot of it was he never gave other kids a chance even in blowouts the starters would stay in. Someone on rivals said his staff would come and leave because he didn't know what he was doing.

NF has the best athlete in town at QB. I won't be shocked if they win district next season.

Ernest T Bass
11-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
It was a strange hire to begin with...and a strange end that he makes the play offs with a new school and still is removed

Made the playoffs at 2-8. Going 2-8 and getting in is about the same as getting blown out by 50 or so in the first round; you probably didn't belong there to begin with.
They let the AD make the hire on his own, so he brought in the guy who worked under him at a Southlake middle school. Im sure the board will be more involved in this hire. Im thinking a Forney grad who's a current HC in the metroplex would be good for this gig.

Emerson1
11-29-2010, 01:41 PM
That guy has experience with minorities too. Would be a great fit!

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Made the playoffs at 2-8. Going 2-8 and getting in is about the same as getting blown out by 50 or so in the first round; you probably didn't belong there to begin with.
They let the AD make the hire on his own, so he brought in the guy who worked under him at a Southlake middle school. Im sure the board will be more involved in this hire. Im thinking a Forney grad who's a current HC in the metroplex would be good for this gig.

play off year one of varsity is still the play offs..and like I said it was a strange hire to begin with, especially with some of the coaches I know who applied for the position.

Yea unless a WOW name applied, I think your right on who should be their next HC

Ernest T Bass
11-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Yea unless a WOW name applied, I think your right on who should be their next HC

Could definately lead the Falcons to immediate glory!

Emerson1
01-12-2011, 11:07 PM
New campus athletic coordinator/head football coach._ James Brown from Kempner high school, in Sugarland.

Heard he runs a 3-4 and a veer offense. Big difference from the SLC Spread they were running.

Ernest T Bass
01-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
New campus athletic coordinator/head football coach._ James Brown from Kempner high school, in Sugarland.

Heard he runs a 3-4 and a veer offense. Big difference from the SLC Spread they were running.

Heard when he was asked how he felt about his new position, he replied "I feel good!".

Matthew328
01-13-2011, 10:35 AM
will be interesting to see the transition from spread to veer

bigwood33
01-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
will be interesting to see the transition from spread to veer
Gainesville changed from the spread to the wing- t this past season and did a good job. If the staff gets kids to buy in, the transition can be pretty smooth.

Ernest T Bass
01-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Probably gonna be pretty ugly for a year at least. Kinda sad, bc this will be their last chance to make much noise for awhile.

bigwood33
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
The move to 4A might not be fun.

Ernest T Bass
01-13-2011, 12:52 PM
And as a general rule, it takes 2 years just to get proficent at the veer. They have a chance to make some noise this year, but probably not if he's going straight to the veer.

crzyjournalist03
01-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
The move to 4A might not be fun.

What are the enrollment numbers? I know that they were originally projected to start at 4A whenever the school was being built, but their numbers came in a lot lower. Are they really close to going 4A, or might they stay 3A for a few more years?

bigwood33
01-13-2011, 12:58 PM
904 last time with no seniors and maybe just a few juniors. I am sure they will be 4A.

Ernest T Bass
01-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
What are the enrollment numbers? I know that they were originally projected to start at 4A whenever the school was being built, but their numbers came in a lot lower. Are they really close to going 4A, or might they stay 3A for a few more years?

From what I hear, there is no what they're not above the 3a ceiling in August, unless they change the 4a numbers.