PDA

View Full Version : Forney vs. Burnet/Sinton

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 03:09 PM
Do you think either of these teams would want to come and play Forney at Texas Stadium?

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-23-2003, 03:51 PM
would forney come play at the alamodome?

poncho
11-23-2003, 04:06 PM
3afan2K3:
Do you think either of these teams would want to come and play Forney at Texas Stadium?No!! :cool:

bulldogmom2
11-23-2003, 04:08 PM
I think it doesn't matter where Burnet plays as longs as their playing. So, you bet your bottom dollar that Burnet would love to play in Texas Stadium.. What an honor to play there. But, a more central location is the way to do it. I think the UIL rules ought to be that it's required that it be a central location for both teams and they only flip for the home team thing. It should be considered how far these families drive to watch their kids play. Its a parent thing. You hate missing anything that your kids do, but some people just cant get off work, and can't afford these big trips ever week. I believe that the UIL should step up to the plate on these things. But good luck Forney, we look forward to meeting you.... :D

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 04:12 PM
bulldogmom2:
I think it doesn't matter where Burnet plays as longs as their playing. So, you bet your bottom dollar that Burnet would love to play in Texas Stadium.. What an honor to play there. But, a more central location is the way to do it. I think the UIL rules ought to be that it's required that it be a central location for both teams and they only flip for the home team thing. It should be considered how far these families drive to watch their kids play. Its a parent thing. You hate missing anything that your kids do, but some people just cant get off work, and can't afford these big trips ever week. I believe that the UIL should step up to the plate on these things. But good luck Forney, we look forward to meeting you.... :D Teams do try and get a central location, they only flip if they can't decide on a good place to play. We look forward to meeting yall to...... if yall make it that far

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-23-2003, 04:13 PM
well said bulldogmom2

pirate4state
11-23-2003, 04:30 PM
3afan2K3:
Do you think either of these teams would want to come and play Forney at Texas Stadium?This Sinton Fan would be there in a heart beat. I have family living in Plano & friends in Ft. Worth. I'd make a weekend out of it.

3afan
11-23-2003, 04:32 PM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
would forney come play at the alamodome?good question ... if forney & burnet do meet i'd bet on a neutral location, maybe Waco

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-23-2003, 04:37 PM
just curious,would they?

Burnet Dawg06
11-23-2003, 04:40 PM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
just curious,would they?Would they meet or would they select a neutral location?

olddog73
11-23-2003, 06:10 PM
At this point you might want to ask Jasper and Manor that same question. Burnet or Sinton would still have to go through one of these guys before they had the opportunity to match up with Forney or who ever might be playing in your place.
As for your question to Burnet, I would be happy to travel anywhere to watch Burnet play, as long as were still playing. Waco would be a nice central location though.

MonkeyJoe
11-23-2003, 06:25 PM
hey, fellas, there is still alotta football
to be played.

olddog73
11-23-2003, 06:27 PM
When would Forney and Gainsville match up, if they do?

Da Mules
11-23-2003, 06:28 PM
You're d**N right it ought to be MANDATORY that the two teams meet at a suitable halfways location. Forney has played so many games in Texas Stadium that it's a home away from home for them; not to mention a 25-mile drive vs several hundred miles for other fans. A team that plays there enough will get used to the Astroturf, the big hump in the middle of the field, the "emptiness" of the place when only 7-8000 people are there, etc. Teams that don't play there come in at a distinct disadvantage just from those factors, let alone the road trip. I say settle the playoffs on a good neutral field. This home vs home flip crap is a dis-service to the kids and the fans :mad:

Rabbit'93
11-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Do I detect some resentment from our friend from muleshoe?

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Da Mules:
You're d**N right it ought to be MANDATORY that the two teams meet at a suitable halfways location. Forney has played so many games in Texas Stadium that it's a home away from home for them; not to mention a 25-mile drive vs several hundred miles for other fans. A team that plays there enough will get used to the Astroturf, the big hump in the middle of the field, the "emptiness" of the place when only 7-8000 people are there, etc. Teams that don't play there come in at a distinct disadvantage just from those factors, let alone the road trip. I say settle the playoffs on a good neutral field. This home vs home flip crap is a dis-service to the kids and the fans :mad: BOTH COACHES TRY TO AGREE ON A LOCATION BEFORE THEY FLIP, THEY ONLY FLIP IF THEY CAN'T COME UP WITH A CENTRAL LOCATION!!!!!!!

jason
11-23-2003, 06:40 PM
olddog73:
When would Forney and Gainsville match up, if they do?they place this week at Texas Stadium 4:00 Friday

Da Mules
11-23-2003, 06:41 PM
3afan2k, if you were involved 3 years ago, I think you know what I'm talking about. wink Our coach did not want to come to TxStadium in 2000... it was your coach who wouldn't agree to meet in Abilene at Shotwell.

jason
11-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Da Mules:
3afan2k, if you were involved 3 years ago, I think you know what I'm talking about. wink Our coach did not want to come to TxStadium in 2000... it was your coach who wouldn't agree to meet in Abilene at Shotwell.i heard yall came to have the chance to play at texas stadium and also because forney ath dept picked up yalls hotel-travel tab....

jason
11-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Da Mules:
You're d**N right it ought to be MANDATORY that the two teams meet at a suitable halfways location. Forney has played so many games in Texas Stadium that it's a home away from home for them; not to mention a 25-mile drive vs several hundred miles for other fans. A team that plays there enough will get used to the Astroturf, the big hump in the middle of the field, the "emptiness" of the place when only 7-8000 people are there, etc. Teams that don't play there come in at a distinct disadvantage just from those factors, let alone the road trip. I say settle the playoffs on a good neutral field. This home vs home flip crap is a dis-service to the kids and the fans :mad: you wouldne be sayin that if you won every toss and never had to go anywhere...

3afan
11-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Da Mules:
You're d**N right it ought to be MANDATORY that the two teams meet at a suitable halfways location. Forney has played so many games in Texas Stadium that it's a home away from home for them; not to mention a 25-mile drive vs several hundred miles for other fans. A team that plays there enough will get used to the Astroturf, the big hump in the middle of the field, the "emptiness" of the place when only 7-8000 people are there, etc. Teams that don't play there come in at a distinct disadvantage just from those factors, let alone the road trip. I say settle the playoffs on a good neutral field. This home vs home flip crap is a dis-service to the kids and the fans :mad: what if there isn't a suitable halfway location? from what i understand muleshoe made out okay coming to texas stadium in 2000 since they had their expenses paid for. if you are so mad about it then talk to your superintendent - they're the ones who ultimately decide the UIL policies.

by the way its a 40 mile drive, not 25, and ya gotta go thru downtown which is no picnic. wink

Da Mules
11-23-2003, 06:57 PM
About the Toss: it is a fact that when the Forney coach would not agree to the Abilene site, Wood accepted his offer of paying travel expenses rather than risk losing the toss, and being out the expense on top of it (which decision I don't agree with to this day. It's not like the expense would have bankrupted Muleshoe ISD.) Too bad Wood didn't risk it, would have been funny watching you guys drive all the way to Muleshoe. :D Not really, it would have been played in Shotwell or Amarillo Dick Bivins had that happened.
Seriously, this was a perfect example of why it ought to be MANDATORY that games be played at a neutral site that is convenient and acceptable to both schools. No home-and-home toin coss crap. Why put one school's players and fans at such a distinct disadvantage. And if the coaches can't agree, by all means, then let the "adults"/supers decide for them.

jason
11-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Da Mules:
About the Toss: it is a fact that when the Forney coach would not agree to the Abilene site, Wood accepted his offer of paying travel expenses rather than risk losing the toss, and being out the expense on top of it (which decision I don't agree with to this day. It's not like the expense would have bankrupted Muleshoe ISD.) Too bad Wood didn't risk it, would have been funny watching you guys drive all the way to Muleshoe. :D Not really, it would have been played in Shotwell or Amarillo Dick Bivins had that happened.
Seriously, this was a perfect example of why it ought to be MANDATORY that games be played at a neutral site that is convenient and acceptable to both schools. No home-and-home toin coss crap. Why put one school's players and fans at such a distinct disadvantage. And if the coaches can't agree, by all means, then let the "adults"/supers decide for them.it doesnt matter where that game was played...would have been a forney 40 point win anywhere in the state, i guess had it been closer to muleshoe the ride home wouldnt have been so bad goin home...

sinton66
11-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Sure, it ought to be mandatory neutral sites, that way Central Texas would get all the money spent travelling to and from playoff games. The rest of the state could just go p*ss up a rope.

Da Mules
11-23-2003, 07:30 PM
I figured you of all people would come back with a real cute answer, Jason :D , but the plastering that Muleshoe got from the Forneykaters isn't what the adults on the board are talking about.

Halfway between both towns = fair. Nuff said.

vfunk
11-23-2003, 07:38 PM
so....thats why muleshoe lost?? cause it sure does sound like thats your case.

jason
11-23-2003, 07:47 PM
sinton66:
Sure, it ought to be mandatory neutral sites, that way Central Texas would get all the money spent travelling to and from playoff games. The rest of the state could just go p*ss up a rope.eek! eek! eek!