PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Dallas

Farmersfan
11-29-2010, 09:15 AM
I am simply amazed at the lack of conversation about the Cowboys game on Thursday or this season overall! I will start the ball rolling with a thought that probably won't be too popular.

I say the Cowboys need to cut Roy Williams RIGHT NOW!!!!! This team has had a "pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory" mentality for a number of years now and I say they need to make a statment RIGHT NOW to the rest of the players that this kind of boneheaded, mental midget type play will no longer be tolerated! I'm not talking about players getting physically beat or outplayed like the defense did on the last drive! The Saints are a talented bunch of players and they have shown for years that they can make big plays down the field like they did against the defense! When two talented boxers are throwing punches at each other and one gets knocked out it is more a credit to the one who threw the knock out punch. but what R. Williams did is basically like one boxer dropping his hands and sticking his chin out! And if I were Jerry Jones I would not allow my team to see Roy's stupid grin on the jumbotron one more time after he makes a mistake or a boneheaded play. Roy Williams should be cut right now!

Emerson1
11-29-2010, 09:32 AM
You try to hard.

sinton66
11-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I am simply amazed at the lack of conversation about the Cowboys game on Thursday or this season overall! I will start the ball rolling with a thought that probably won't be too popular.

I say the Cowboys need to cut Roy Williams RIGHT NOW!!!!! This team has had a "pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory" mentality for a number of years now and I say they need to make a statment RIGHT NOW to the rest of the players that this kind of boneheaded, mental midget type play will no longer be tolerated! I'm not talking about players getting physically beat or outplayed like the defense did on the last drive! The Saints are a talented bunch of players and they have shown for years that they can make big plays down the field like they did against the defense! When two talented boxers are throwing punches at each other and one gets knocked out it is more a credit to the one who threw the knock out punch. but what R. Williams did is basically like one boxer dropping his hands and sticking his chin out! And if I were Jerry Jones I would not allow my team to see Roy's stupid grin on the jumbotron one more time after he makes a mistake or a boneheaded play. Roy Williams should be cut right now!

Good grief! I've seen JERRY RICE get stripped of the ball after a catch. If you're looking for absolute perfection, you need to stop watching human beings and go to church.

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2010, 09:36 AM

Cut R. Williams!?!?! lol..look it was a GREAT play by the Saints CB simple as that..Roy had two hands on the ball, the dude stripped it AND recovered the fumble..simple as that.

If ur going to cut players for one mistake in a game, your roster will be empty end of week one

Tin Cup
11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Lol at farmersfan. You are so upset, you are saying silly things. Roy is the problem or the solution. He's just one of many over-hyped, over-paid cowboys.

Bullaholic
11-29-2010, 10:30 AM
I think Roy Williams is still carrying that gorilla on his back, and he thinks that he has to score or make every catch into a long gainer. That's why he tries to keep running and doesn't think about protecting the ball and gets into trouble. I'm not a Roy Williams apologist, but I think he will have a place in the Dallas offense as a possession-type receiver if he can just get out of the "look-at-everything-I-do" spotlight for a little while. I like the way the guy has handled his situation by trying prove himself on the field and not the press--- so I'm pulling for him.

Charlie47
11-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think Roy Williams is still carrying that gorilla on his back, and he thinks that he has to score or make every catch into a long gainer. That's why he tries to keep running and doesn't think about protecting the ball and gets into trouble. I'm not a Roy Williams apologist, but I think he will have a place in the Dallas offense as a possession-type receiver if he can just get out of the "look-at-everything-I-do" spotlight for a little while. I like the way the guy has handled his situation by trying prove himself on the field and not the press--- so I'm pulling for him.

You said it, unpopular! I'm with Bullaholic!:clap:

Farmersfan
11-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Cut R. Williams!?!?! lol..look it was a GREAT play by the Saints CB simple as that..Roy had two hands on the ball, the dude stripped it AND recovered the fumble..simple as that.

If ur going to cut players for one mistake in a game, your roster will be empty end of week one

5 responses to my post and every single one of them is in the EXCUSE making mode for these Cowboys!

My point is that the Cowboys only have so many options available to them to FIX this culture in Dallas! They have the talent, they just don't have the intangibles that translate into championship football! Roy Williams made a mistake that was the result of a mental error at a point in the game when mental errors should not be tolerated! He wasn't physically beat! He was simply brain dead and allowed the defense to come from behind and take the ball away from him! How could he NOT be 100% into that game at that point? We all know that he had been told multiple times by then that the Saints would be looking to strip the ball! Unacceptable by anyone's standard! A high school receiver would not allow that to happen at that point in the game. And this is the NFL!
The statement needs to be made to everyone involved that to err is human but to make boneheaded mistakes at crucial points in the game that cost your team the game will NEVER be tolerated! The linemen need to understand they DON'T false start or hold on the last possession when a score is needed to win! The defense needs to know that they will NOT commit pass interferrence on the opponents last possession that kepts their possession alive! It's all a matter of expectations! Wade was famous at making the excuses for mental mistakes! But you guys are not too far behind Wade in that category!
Carry on!
:D :D :D

Bullaholic
11-29-2010, 03:41 PM
5 responses to my post and every single one of them is in the EXCUSE making mode for these Cowboys!

My point is that the Cowboys only have so many options available to them to FIX this culture in Dallas! They have the talent, they just don't have the intangibles that translate into championship football! Roy Williams made a mistake that was the result of a mental error at a point in the game when mental errors should not be tolerated! He wasn't physically beat! He was simply brain dead and allowed the defense to come from behind and take the ball away from him! How could he NOT be 100% into that game at that point? We all know that he had been told multiple times by then that the Saints would be looking to strip the ball! Unacceptable by anyone's standard! A high school receiver would not allow that to happen at that point in the game. And this is the NFL!
The statement needs to be made to everyone involved that to err is human but to make boneheaded mistakes at crucial points in the game that cost your team the game will NEVER be tolerated! The linemen need to understand they DON'T false start or hold on the last possession when a score is needed to win! The defense needs to know that they will NOT commit pass interferrence on the opponents last possession that kepts their possession alive! It's all a matter of expectations! Wade was famous at making the excuses for mental mistakes! But you guys are not too far behind Wade in that category!
Carry on!

Not excuses, Farmer, but rather reasonable expectations and allowances for a team and coaches that are now trying harder to find ways to win, and have been.

Don't you think that if the Cowboys had that magic wand you are waving around that magically cures all ills that they would be using it? Easy to say, Farmer---hard to do--- and you need to give these guys a chance before wanting everyone kicked out of Valley Ranch right now. I have every confidence that more changes are coming---just maybe not fast enough to suit you.

Farmersfan
11-29-2010, 03:42 PM

Without a doubt Roy was thinking that he needed to make as much out of that play as he possibly could. He was 100% into what he could achieve down the field and how much he could give to his team by his efforts! That's just the point though! He also should have been just as concerned with what he COULD NOT do as he was with what he COULD do!!!!!! A disciplined team would have understood that priority #1 was to hold on to the ball! Everything else was secondary...........

Farmersfan
11-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Not excuses, Farmer, but rather reasonable expectations and allowances for a team and coaches that are now trying harder to find ways to win, and have been.

Don't you think that if the Cowboys had that magic wand you are waving around that magically cures all ills that they would be using it? Easy to say, Farmer---hard to do--- and you need to give these guys a chance before wanting everyone kicked out of Valley Ranch right now. I have every confidence that more changes are coming---just maybe not fast enough to suit you.

Roy Williams is a 8 year veteran! If he doesn't already know that he must hang on to the ball in crunch time when the Saints will be going after the ball then he will never learn it! In my opinion some mistakes are acceptable and some aren't! You forgive a rookie for not knowing the opponents will run up behind you and try to take the ball away! But not a veteran! They seemed to penalize T. Choice because he fumbled a 1 yard pass that should have never been thrown on the last play of the 1st half in the Dallas end of the field and yet they accept a veteran starting receiver doing this???? I don't get it.

sinton66
11-29-2010, 03:52 PM
I guess you could do much better? LOL. Give us a break!

Bullaholic
11-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Without a doubt Roy was thinking that he needed to make as much out of that play as he possibly could. He was 100% into what he could achieve down the field and how much he could give to his team by his efforts! That's just the point though! He also should have been just as concerned with what he COULD NOT do as he was with what he COULD do!!!!!! A disciplined team would have understood that priority #1 was to hold on to the ball! Everything else was secondary...........

C'mon Farmer, don't you think everyone involved realizes this--including Roy Williams? If Roy Williams makes more mistakes than TD's and big plays for the rest of this season, I think you will find him gone. Heck, with his contract situation, he may be gone anyhow to save $$$$.

Maroon87
11-29-2010, 03:57 PM

Carry on!

Dude...relax.

Farmersfan
11-29-2010, 04:09 PM
C'mon Farmer, don't you think everyone involved realizes this--including Roy Williams? If Roy Williams makes more mistakes than TD's and big plays for the rest of this season, I think you will find him gone. Heck, with his contract situation, he may be gone anyhow to save $$$$.

I agree Bull! So why not use hiim to make a statement??? He most likely is gone anyway or isn't worth resigning! Like I said originally it would be for the impact on the other players that i would do it! It's too late to punish R. Williams! He has already earned his money! But Dez, Marty and some of the other receivers need to understand that you don't play on this team if you aren't mentally prepared or if you make these kinds of mistakes!
You mentioned the "magic wand". How do YOU get grown men to understand that mistakes are not acceptable! We all know that mistakes happen all the time and nobody is perfect but if you tell them that then you are basically accepting mistakes as a part of the game! If you do that then aren't you allowing or enabling the mistakes.

Farmersfan
11-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Dude...relax.

Dude..... Frankie already went to Hollywood!!!!!!

It's call conversation! Join in or ignore! it's your choice........:p

Bullaholic
11-29-2010, 04:18 PM
I agree Bull! So why not use hiim to make a statement??? He most likely is gone anyway or isn't worth resigning! Like I said originally it would be for the impact on the other players that i would do it! It's too late to punish R. Williams! He has already earned his money! But Dez, Marty and some of the other receivers need to understand that you don't play on this team if you aren't mentally prepared or if you make these kinds of mistakes!
You mentioned the "magic wand". How do YOU get grown men to understand that mistakes are not acceptable! We all know that mistakes happen all the time and nobody is perfect but if you tell them that then you are basically accepting mistakes as a part of the game! If you do that then aren't you allowing or enabling the mistakes.

Farmer---Jason Garrett is a Princeton grad---do you not think he is intelligent enough to have realized the Cowboy's lack of discipline problem? Have you not read the stories about his change in policies and procedures clear down to implementation of a dress code? What do you want?--public floggings?????

Farmersfan
11-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Farmer---Jason Garrett is a Princeton grad---do you not think he is intelligent enough to have realized the Cowboy's lack of discipline problem? Have you not read the stories about his change in policies and procedures clear down to implementation of a dress code? What do you want?--public floggings?????

All very true Bull! I am certainly glad to see him try to instill some discipline! How far do you take the discipline? Do you even bench R. Williams to try to make a statement to the younger players? Do you bench T. Newman until he is healthy since he seems to not be able to cover my grandmother? Just how far would YOU be willing to go to get this team to perform up to their capabilities? Just wondering how YOU would get millionaires to want to put their necks on the line to perform..........

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2010, 05:44 PM
All very true Bull! I am certainly glad to see him try to instill some discipline! How far do you take the discipline? Do you even bench R. Williams to try to make a statement to the younger players? Do you bench T. Newman until he is healthy since he seems to not be able to cover my grandmother? Just how far would YOU be willing to go to get this team to perform up to their capabilities? Just wondering how YOU would get millionaires to want to put their necks on the line to perform..........

Again..I dont call what happen to Williams a issue of discipline. As far as younger players, you use it as a teaching point.

You cannot bench or cut a player for every mistake. Just not plausibile or good.

The deal with Newman is tough, the decision to carry only 3 CBs on roster puts Dallas at a huge disadvantage especially now with his injury.

You get the players to perform just like Garrett is doing now..They are responding to his coaching.

Speaking of that game..Kudos to what I saw with Romo talking with the D after they were burned so much early in the game. Looked like he was coaching them up.

Maroon87
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Dude..... Frankie already went to Hollywood!!!!!!

It's call conversation! Join in or ignore! it's your choice........:p

And it's an easy choice to make....

HeavyD
11-29-2010, 07:38 PM

I'm not sure they should cut him, but what they gave up for him and for what they pay him, he's not a player that's afforded the "possession-type receiver" label and spotlight. But that being said, I'm not a football expert, and maybe he should keep getting "passes" on contributing to losses like all the other boys. I am a Cowboys fan and wish the season was different. Roy Williams is what he is and my Boys are what they are, Sucks...and I don't see this current roster doing anything special, now or in the future. Oh well, still luv em.

crabman
11-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Sometimes you have to shoot a hostage. This is that time. Everything Roy has done since he was in Dallas is always below his "potential". Remember the definition of "potential". All it means is you ain't done it.

Shoot the hostage.

sinton66
11-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Sometimes you have to shoot a hostage. This is that time. Everything Roy has done since he was in Dallas is always below his "potential". Remember the definition of "potential". All it means is you ain't done it.

Shoot the hostage.

You have to remember who we're dealing with here, Jerry and Steven Jones. These are the geniuses that ran off the #2 most penalized lineman in the NFL and replaced him with the #1 most penalized lineman in the NFL. At least Roy has had more positive plays than negative ones this year.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2010, 07:42 AM

Shoot the hostage.

I just dont think you cut one of the guys who thru all the crap this year has given 100% effort. I dont think Williams has been below his ability, I simply think his ability has been overrated. Time to accept he is not the worth he was traded for. Does not mean he canot contribute, but he will never be a #1 WR.

Farmersfan
11-30-2010, 09:32 AM

Shoot the hostage.

THIS is exactly what I have been trying to say!!!! I would not cut R. williams because of the mistake in this one game! I would cut Roy Williams because of the mental condition or LACK OF that is in place that would allow a 8 year veteran to give up the ball so easily in crunchtime when everybody knows the other team will be going for the ball. The game is in the bag for Dallas if Williams simply tucks and rolls. Cutting him doesn't improve your team because of the substraction of his talent but maybe it improves your team because the addition of the proper kind of attitude because of it!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2010, 09:34 AM
THIS is exactly what I have been trying to say!!!! I would not cut R. williams because of the mistake in this one game! I would cut Roy Williams because of the mental condition or LACK OF that is in place that would allow a 8 year veteran to give up the ball so easily in crunchtime when everybody knows the other team will be going for the ball. The game is in the bag for Dallas if Williams simply tucks and rolls. Cutting him doesn't improve your team because of the substraction of his talent but maybe it improves your team because the addition of the proper kind of attitude because of it!!!!!!

Again in this crap year Williams has been one of the players who has shown up every game with the right attitude and never given up...IT WAS A GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY...Williams was trying to protect it and the DB simply made a great play...Williams then stood up after the game and accepted the blame, he did not hide from the media, or blame anyone but himself...If your trying to rebuild the attitude of the team, you dont cut someone who has been accountable

bobcat1
11-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Again in this crap year Williams has been one of the players who has shown up every game with the right attitude and never given up...IT WAS A GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY...Williams was trying to protect it and the DB simply made a great play...Williams then stood up after the game and accepted the blame, he did not hide from the media, or blame anyone but himself...If your trying to rebuild the attitude of the team, you dont cut someone who has been accountable I agree with Terry on this. The only problem I have is the smile after the play. Maybe he doen't get ticked off but I do. Different people react differently.

GrTigers6
11-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I agree with Terry on this. The only problem I have is the smile after the play. Maybe he doen't get ticked off but I do. Different people react differently. Im not so sure it was a smile as much as a, I cant believe that just happened kind of facial expression.

bobcat1
11-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Im not so sure it was a smile as much as a, I cant believe that just happened kind of facial expression. Very well could be.

Farmersfan
11-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Again in this crap year Williams has been one of the players who has shown up every game with the right attitude and never given up...IT WAS A GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY...Williams was trying to protect it and the DB simply made a great play...Williams then stood up after the game and accepted the blame, he did not hide from the media, or blame anyone but himself...If your trying to rebuild the attitude of the team, you dont cut someone who has been accountable

Giving the defensive guy the credit for the play is to take the blame away from Williams! The defense goes for the ball on almost every single play in the NFL! These players know it and have to be held accountable for not preventing it! I defender CANNOT take the ball away from a ball carrier that is concentrating on keeping it! Otherwise the ball would be fumbled/turned over on every single play! It was a lapse in concentration and effort on R. William's part plain and simple! Of course this happens to a lot of players at different points in the game but for it to happen THEN is unacceptable in my mind! Mental lapses like that are what turns a Superbowl contender into a 3-8 team. Even a second grader watching that game knew that the only way for the Saints to win that game would be for them to force a turnover!!!!! Apparently R. Williams should have listened to the second grader!!!!
And you need to watch the video agin. Williams didn't reach over with the second hand until he needed to try to save the ball after the defender already had it coming out!

Farmersfan
11-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Im not so sure it was a smile as much as a, I cant believe that just happened kind of facial expression.

R. Williams has consistently had a habit of smiling like that after a mistake or a blown play! I'm thinking it is time for him to get mad instead of laughing it off like it were a fluke or something.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Giving the defensive guy the credit for the play is to take the blame away from Williams! !

No it is not, it is simply giving the credit to a guy for making a play...Sometimes you have to tip the cap to the opponent and say great play.

If we are cutting Williams for that play, then we need to cut The entire secondary because the Saints still had to go 89 yards for a TD and they did so with ease

Again..in a year where the players would not accept blame and would not take accountability under Phillips the ONE guy who did and who also stood up after this loss and say blame me I lost the game does not need to be cut..Would you be saying the same thing if it was Dez or Austin Miles or Witten?

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2010, 11:31 AM
So farmer..was Romo showing leadership when he was talking to the D after the 17-0 deficit? Or was he distracting them :D

Ranger Mom
11-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Farmersfan...are you married??

If so, God Bless your wife!!!

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/buck865/Animated/bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

Are you perfect in everything you do??

Farmersfan
11-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Farmersfan...are you married??

If so, God Bless your wife!!!

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/buck865/Animated/bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

Are you perfect in everything you do??

What a hateful and ridiculous thing to say to a person you don't know!!!!

I have been married to the greatest woman in the world for 26 years. Not that it's any of your business but my relationship with my wife would rival anything you could bring to the table!

And I already know your response. You will laugh it off with a comment about how I should take a joke or get a sense of humor. That seems to be your M.O.! Save it!

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2010, 12:40 PM

I have been married to the greatest woman in the world for 26 years. Not that it's any of your business but my relationship with my wife would rival anything you could bring to the table!

And I already know your response. You will laugh it off with a comment about how I should take a joke or get a sense of humor. That seems to be your M.O.! Save it!

Wow..dude come on..I can gurantee you 100% she was just giving you a hard time, she has said the same of me before.

bobcat1
11-30-2010, 12:42 PM

And I already know your response. You will laugh it off with a comment about how I should take a joke or get a sense of humor. That seems to be your M.O.! Save it! :1popcorn:Somebody got their little feelers hurt over nothing.

Bullaholic
11-30-2010, 12:48 PM

You took that all wrong, Farmer---RM just doesn't operate that way. Posters, including me, have hit her with every sort of crazy post which could be taken very personally by her, but she rarely takes offense, and never fails to come back as a great sport and entertaining person. Hate to see you be so bitter---hope you can lighten up and roll with the flow...BTW--RM would be one of the first to defend you if she thought you were being attacked unfairly.

Farmersfan
11-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Wow..dude come on..I can gurantee you 100% she was just giving you a hard time, she has said the same of me before.

Sorry TX! I'm done.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Sorry TX! I'm done.

??

91 lion
11-30-2010, 01:24 PM

Carry on!

Why can't you see that the "culture" problems start at the top. I have said it before.....Al Davis Jr. (Jerry Jones) is the problem......good owner yes.....good GM/President......ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Dallas will never put a serious contender on the field until he relieves himself of his managerial duties.

This is the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Why can't you see that the "culture" problems start at the top. I have said it before.....Al Davis Jr. (Jerry Jones) is the problem......good owner yes.....good GM/President......ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Dallas will never put a serious contender on the field until he relieves himself of his managerial duties.

This is the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

here is the problem with that...to many writers say Jones lets the coaches make the decision more than people think..the perception that Jones makes all draft decisions and such is simply false

crzyjournalist03
11-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Sorry TX! I'm done.

LOL

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Sorry TX! I'm done.

Does this mean Txb "won"? :confused: :D

91 lion
11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
here is the problem with that...to many writers say Jones lets the coaches make the decision more than people think..the perception that Jones makes all draft decisions and such is simply false

I get what the writers say....I never said that I think that he makes all of the decisions. If he is listening to coaches "more than people think", maybe its to a fault. I don't buy into the perception that JJ makes all of the calls....with no input...never once thought that.....but what I am saying is that he needs to HIRE someone to manage this team. He has had sucess in the past....but thats long gone.

He needs someone fully dedicated to managing this team.....its not a part time gig, like he is making it.

Ranger Mom
11-30-2010, 03:08 PM

WOW!!!

I know you told me to "save it" but I very rarely listen. I knew you were married, you have spoke of your wife of 25 years and of her being your best friend, and I remembered that!!

I WILL apologize though, I did not mean to offend you in the least. There is nothing else I can do. If you chose to "be done' then so be it. I guess maybe I am so used to the posters picking on me and just laughing it off that I forget than not everyone has the same sense of humor that I do.

Thanks to all of you who "got my back!" I'm glad y'all (to use Rocket's mantra) "get me!" :kiss:

DaHop72
11-30-2010, 03:21 PM

And I already know your response. You will laugh it off with a comment about how I should take a joke or get a sense of humor. That seems to be your M.O.! Save it! Lighten up Francis! Step back and read your own posts. My gosh, she said nothing about you marriage just hoping that you are not so hard headed at home. Ever hear the word objective??

44INAROW
12-01-2010, 10:53 AM
looks to me like someone likes to dish it but can't take it when it's dished to them:rolleyes:

Farmersfan
12-01-2010, 01:49 PM
WOW!!!

I know you told me to "save it" but I very rarely listen. I knew you were married, you have spoke of your wife of 25 years and of her being your best friend, and I remembered that!!

I WILL apologize though, I did not mean to offend you in the least. There is nothing else I can do. If you chose to "be done' then so be it. I guess maybe I am so used to the posters picking on me and just laughing it off that I forget than not everyone has the same sense of humor that I do.

Thanks to all of you who "got my back!" I'm glad y'all (to use Rocket's mantra) "get me!" :kiss:

Mom, You didn't do anything wrong! I over reacted and I apoligize. People have commented far worst to me and it doesn't bother me. I guess the fact that you are a mod and that I felt you went for my soft underbelly (my marrage) made me responde defensively. I am certainly opinionated and hardheaded on here but in my view that is why we are all here. That doesn't mean I am difficult to live with or am not a loving and passionate husband. My wife does deserve blessings but not for this reason. Everybody on the forum is owed an apology. I'm sorry.

GrTigers6
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Mom, You didn't do anything wrong! I over reacted and I apoligize. People have commented far worst to me and it doesn't bother me. I guess the fact that you are a mod and that I felt you went for my soft underbelly (my marrage) made me responde defensively. I am certainly opinionated and hardheaded on here but in my view that is why we are all here. That doesn't mean I am difficult to live with or am not a loving and passionate husband. My wife does deserve blessings but not for this reason. Everybody on the forum is owed an apology. I'm sorry. WELCOME BACK!!!:clap:

91 lion
12-01-2010, 02:02 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!:clap:

Ditto!

Ranger Mom
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Mom, You didn't do anything wrong! I over reacted and I apoligize. People have commented far worst to me and it doesn't bother me. I guess the fact that you are a mod and that I felt you went for my soft underbelly (my marrage) made me responde defensively. I am certainly opinionated and hardheaded on here but in my view that is why we are all here. That doesn't mean I am difficult to live with or am not a loving and passionate husband. My wife does deserve blessings but not for this reason. Everybody on the forum is owed an apology. I'm sorry.

I know we have already spoken in PM's......but we good....right??

NastySlot
12-01-2010, 02:35 PM
don't usually chime in about the cowboys.....and I have tried to support Romo............but what s wrong with scraping everything and starting over...........sure not getting to the super bowl or playoffs this season with or with him and some of the others.

and really i like the cowboys....but i really don't know if they have really been much of factor in getting to the super bowl lately.

bobcat1
12-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Mom, You didn't do anything wrong! I over reacted and I apoligize. People have commented far worst to me and it doesn't bother me. I guess the fact that you are a mod and that I felt you went for my soft underbelly (my marrage) made me responde defensively. I am certainly opinionated and hardheaded on here but in my view that is why we are all here. That doesn't mean I am difficult to live with or am not a loving and passionate husband. My wife does deserve blessings but not for this reason. Everybody on the forum is owed an apology. I'm sorry. Welcome back FF. I got ticked off once and stayed gone a long time. I came back and they haven't run me off again yet. I promise you the Mom's that moderate are good eggs. She just jabbed at a wrong time and never knew she had bad timing. If you ever meet her you will know. She's good people like you. She should have asked Terry TXB the same thing. That boy will argue with a fence post.:D

Ranger Mom
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Welcome back FF. I got ticked off once and stayed gone a long time. I came back and they haven't run me off again yet. I promise you the Mom's that moderate are good eggs. She just jabbed at a wrong time and never knew she had bad timing. If you ever meet her you will know. She's good people like you. She should have asked Terry TXB the same thing. That boy will argue with a fence post.:D

Well actually!! I don't have to ask Terry that....I go straight to his wife and ask her!! :D :D

GrTigers6
12-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Well actually!! I don't have to ask Terry that....I go straight to his wife and ask her!! :D :D Now Thats Funny right there. I dont care who you are. :D

Bullaholic
12-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Well actually!! I don't have to ask Terry that....I go straight to his wife and ask her!! :D :D

Speaking of Terry's wife---where has Miss Buffy been? Terry afraid she might elope with Rocket or something???? :D

Ranger Mom
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Speaking of Terry's wife---where has Miss Buffy been? Terry afraid she might elope with Rocket or something???? :D

I dunno...I keep up with her on facebook!

bobcat1
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Speaking of Terry's wife---where has Miss Buffy been? Terry afraid she might elope with Rocket or something???? :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

GrTigers6
12-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Well actually!! I don't have to ask Terry that....I go straight to his wife and ask her!! :D :D A women knows how to get things done.:D

bobcat1
12-01-2010, 03:47 PM
A women knows how to get things done.:D http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8039/brownnoser.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/726/kissassdp9.gif :D

Buff42
12-01-2010, 11:16 PM

Good job working things out like grown ups. Sometimes we all let our opinions and emotions over-ride common courtesy and common sense- well, I do anyway- I won't speak for everyone. Now, on a more serious note, RM- how can I get a copy of the stick person banging his against the wall? That's freaking hilarious. :clap: