PDA

View Full Version : This time Aggies get rooked by Big 12 System!

Phil C
11-28-2010, 12:23 PM
That is because the Big 12 South Championship is decided by the BCS the last thing I would want our fate in. I am 99.9 percent sure it is going to be Oklahoma in the Championship game per last week's results. These methods need to be determined before the season and unfortunately Oklahoma once again will be undeservedly in the game and even if they beat NB they will probably embarass the Big 12 in the BCS bowl again.

If they did like high school they would go by point difference. In high school I think the maximum benefit and minimum deficit is 18 points to discourage teams from running up scores. Now A&M would be at +11 since they beat Oklahoma by 14 points and lost to Oklahoma State by 3. They would have the best easily. Oklahoma State would have a -4 and Oklahoma would have a -7. Of course if need OK would no doubt at the end of the game tried to get a td to overcome the deficit but even then they would be behind the Aggies. I think the Aggies got rooked this time. But that is the Big 12.

Phil C
11-28-2010, 12:31 PM
If we had used the point difference Texas would not have got rooked in 2008. We would have had a +4, Oklahoma a +8 and Texas Tech a -10.

Inmateboss
11-28-2010, 12:37 PM
:iagree: it is a real pissy system. It's not who earns it, but who it's given to!!! Pitiful, pitiful,pitiful !!:(

Phil C
11-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
:iagree: it is a real pissy system. It's not who earns it, but who it's given to!!! Pitiful, pitiful,pitiful !!:(

Another big disgrace Inmateboss was when Oklahoma got to play in the NC game after Kansas State had beat them 35 to 7 in the championship game.

Simple Man
11-28-2010, 12:51 PM
If Aggies were good enough to win another game they wouldnt be in this position. Once again, everyone knew the rules when the season started.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Simple Man
Once again, everyone knew the rules when the season started.
:thumbsup:

RMAC
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Well it won't matter after this year.

upandin
11-28-2010, 03:31 PM
It still shouldn't be put in the hands of a computer or a bunch of sportswriters. Let it be settled on the field with points.

Aesculus gilmus
11-28-2010, 04:56 PM
The only person I know of who even wants there to be a Big 12-2 Championship Game anymore is Jerry Jones.

The Big 12-2 is an abortion of a conference at this point and should be allowed to proceed into the dustbin of history so that the Aggies can SECede. That's what they want. That's what they should get.

MesquiteFan
11-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
The only person I know of who even wants there to be a Big 12-2 Championship Game anymore is Jerry Jones.

The Big 12-2 is an abortion of a conference at this point and should be allowed to proceed into the dustbin of history so that the Aggies can SECede. That's what they want. That's what they should get.

Am I the only one who wants the old SWC to come back?

wildstangs
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by RMAC

Possibly not - but look at the Big 10 (the old Big 10, which now has 12 teams) with three teams that are going to end up tied with one loss each.

Rabid Cougar
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
It was determined on the field. A&M threw 4 INTs against the pokes and didn't show up against Missouri. The loss to Arky also hurt them in the BCS pole. They had their chances.

NastySlot
11-28-2010, 06:57 PM
I agree the system is the system....but the aggies are playing well now...something computers and evidently voters don't consider...........the missouri loss hurts big time.............so I will watch as two teams play for the conference championship that my team beat within a three week period and both were ranked in the top ten at the time..................oh well life goes on.l

Buff42
11-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I agree the system is the system....but the aggies are playing well now...something computers and evidently voters don't consider...........the missouri loss hurts big time.............so I will watch as two teams play for the conference championship that my team beat within a three week period and both were ranked in the top ten at the time..................oh well life goes on.l

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
11-28-2010, 08:42 PM
If Aggies were good enough to win another game they wouldnt be in this position. Once again, everyone knew the rules when the season started.

That is absolutely correct. They shouldn't be changed in mid stream. They must be changed before the season if they are changed.

Phil C
11-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by RMAC

I hope you are right. If everyone plays everyone else we can have different rules. I just hope they don't have a championship game unless all the other conferences do.

eagles_victory
11-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Rabid said it best earlier in the thread Im just too lazy to quote him. As a Texas fan I said the same thing in 08 had they won all their games they would be there but they didn't when you put it in the computers hands things like this happen. I don't see how A&M got "rooked". Had the rules that are in place now been in place in 08 Texas would of gotten to go.

WOS87
11-29-2010, 04:23 AM
Sounds like a lot of whining... They should have beaten OSU and Mizzou and then this wouldn't be a discussion at all

But they didn't :p

NastySlot
11-29-2010, 09:20 AM
who's whining? Someone just stated the system rooked the Aggies this time(horns in 08)...............im an Aggie and i'm not whining system is the system.

Phil C
11-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Sounds like a lot of whining... They should have beaten OSU and Mizzou and then this wouldn't be a discussion at all

But they didn't :p

Whoops! :)

Phil C
11-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
who's whining? Someone just stated the system rooked the Aggies this time(horns in 08)...............im an Aggie and i'm not whining system is the system.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad:

Phil C
11-29-2010, 09:29 AM
JUST A FEW DAYS AFTER MY REPRIMAND AND ALREADY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING OTHER THAN 3A SPORTS! THIS IN THE IMPORTANT PART OF HS FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS! GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE! :mad:

Aesculus gilmus
11-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan

I certainly don't want it back. And in today's world of TV networks calling the shots, it's DEFINITELY NOT coming back.

Randy Newman said it best long ago in a song: "It's MONEY that matters in the U.S.A." He was being satirical, but it is pretty much the truth.

Txbroadcaster
11-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan

yes u are

NastySlot
11-29-2010, 09:34 AM
“It's disheartening, but those are the (tiebreaker) rules, and we let OSU score three more points than we did,” said Hodges, an O'Connor High graduate.

“When it comes down to it, it's our fault. But watching the Big 12 championship between two teams we defeated I'll admit will be kind of a sickening feeling.”

Micheal Hodges Aggie LB

the rest of the article:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/hot_aggies_bemoan_lack_of_fbs_playoff_110952439.ht ml

rojosgirl
11-29-2010, 12:26 PM
It is a shame and yes, the Aggies got screwed! All you haters out there would be singing a different tune if it was another team besides A & M. The entire system is crap! Not sure what needs to be done, but it needs help in a big way. I'm not really an Aggie fan, but it seems silly to have 2 teams playing for the Big 12 title that they beat. GO FIGURE!
Any way - it should be a great game. I like both teams, but I think I'll have to go with the HUSKERS. Go-Big-Red!

forum_guy
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM

^
This X 100

navscanmaster
11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
^
This X 100

45-35?:thinking:

eagles_victory
11-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
It is a shame and yes, the Aggies got screwed! All you haters out there would be singing a different tune if it was another team besides A & M. The entire system is crap! Not sure what needs to be done, but it needs help in a big way. I'm not really an Aggie fan, but it seems silly to have 2 teams playing for the Big 12 title that they beat. GO FIGURE!
Any way - it should be a great game. I like both teams, but I think I'll have to go with the HUSKERS. Go-Big-Red! So if a team is 2-6 and beats the 2 teams in the championship game they should be the team that gets to go?

Phil C
11-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Any way - it should be a great game. I like both teams, but I think I'll have to go with the HUSKERS. Go-Big-Red!

Good points! What we need is a real playoff system. It works in other divisions and the non NC contenders can still have some good bowl games.

vet93
11-29-2010, 03:13 PM
It is interesting that the only two people that have come out and stated that it was a bummer of a deal for the Aggies are not even Aggie fans on this site and yet people come on the board and make comments directed toward the aggie whiners. Yes, the Aggies are dealing with the question of what might have been and many feel that their excellent play in the last 6 games of the season did not get them much credit. Believe me, Aggie fans are painfully aware of what the rules are and knew that going into the last few games of the season. Two defeats by a total of 10 points to two top ten teams at the front end of the season sealed their fate. For those who like to cast dispersions on the Aggies having difficulty with their predicament...I would suggest that any other fan base would respond the same way. The Aggies will get over it and move on...and I would suggest that we do to.

navscanmaster
11-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by vet93
It is interesting that the only two people that have come out and stated that it was a bummer of a deal for the Aggies are not even Aggie fans on this site and yet people come on the board and make comments directed toward the aggie whiners. Yes, the Aggies are dealing with the question of what might have been and many feel that their excellent play in the last 6 games of the season did not get them much credit. Believe me, Aggie fans are painfully aware of what the rules are and knew that going into the last few games of the season. Two defeats by a total of 10 points to two top ten teams at the front end of the season sealed their fate. For those who like to cast dispersions on the Aggies having difficulty with their predicament...I would suggest that any other fan base would respond the same way. The Aggies will get over it and move on...and I would suggest that we do to.

Agreed. Texas fans eventually forgot about the 45-35 argument, but at the same time, I was saying to myself "if Curtis Brown would have played that better, or just made the tackle, this would be a moot point." I for one am not mad about it, because it is how the league rules made it. I am more aggravated that it is Oklahoma getting the luck of the vote twice in two years, and getting to play in their umpteenth Big XII championship game. I knew this would happen, which was why I was pulling for OSU. What is the point of a "shared Big XII South title" if you don't get a shot at the LCG? If OU had lost, they would have plummeted to third in the south, with the Ags finishing ahead of them, and that would have made me a happy man.